Nadal outguns Nole 6-2 6-3 to reach Rome 07 SF [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal outguns Nole 6-2 6-3 to reach Rome 07 SF

Deivid23
05-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Well done Rafa, u fuckin´ animal :lol:

Nice match, masterclass from Rafa again in Rome where year after year he seems to play his best tennis, just far too good for everyone, simply untouchable :yeah:

Nole made a match out of this one and played v well, I´m sure he will make it tougher for Nadal next time they meet, congrats also to this big Serbian talent and fuck off all his haters :D

A_Skywalker
05-11-2007, 04:55 PM
vamosss !

cornellboy
Congrats, Rafa :)

Jevel
good fight from nole, but rafa was too strong.

nolop
djoko was jus overplayed :shrug: :sobbing:

bokehlicious
05-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Nice win by #1 :yeah:

connectolove
Nole got a little bit of Rafa's famous clay treatment. Nole, Rafa is beatebale, but not today, or by you ...

Next time, perhaps...

Norrage
The question is, will Nadal go through the clay season not only undefeated, but also without loss of a set??? :?

MisterQ
Well done, Nadal.

Magenta
Simply outclassed today, Nole gave it his best but he simply couldn't do anything...tested him a bit but not enough.

Well done Rafa!! Beautiful tennis!

A_Skywalker
05-11-2007, 04:57 PM
The question is, will Nadal go through the clay season not only undefeated, but also without loss of a set??? :?

For now it looks likely :worship:

bokehlicious
05-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Already 3 threads for this meaningless match... Some need to get a life... :zzz:

Vamos Rafa#1
05-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Excellent job Rafa :bounce:

connectolove
Congrats RAFA!!!!! and keep up the good work!!!!

l_mac
Djokovic played pretty well but still only got 5 games.

Congrats, Rafa.

Rogiman
Looks like Nadal is physically better than last year, the gap between him and the others has grown significantly.

Pretty much a lock for #1 this year, sadly.

Deivid23
Already 3 threads for this meaningless match... Some need to get a life... :zzz:

Already 2 posts in a thread of a match you think it´s meaningless, smart stuff from yours as usual, burro :lol:

Sunset of Age
05-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Great job, Rafa. Congrats with tieing Johnny Mac's streak! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Djoko did his best, indeed, gave a good fight - but as I expected he's no match for Rafa on clay AT ALL. Well, that shouldn't hurt him too much - Rafa is the ultimate King of Clay and I really wonder if there'll be anyone who can even take a set from him during the entire clay season.

Norrage
and the funny thing is, besides his loss to djoko in miami, all his other matches there and in IW were in straight sets too :o

Metis
Good match!

Winners 30
UEs 12

:)

Kitty de Sade
05-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Another one bites the dust. Good job by Rafa. :)

tangerine_dream
Rafa. :bigclap: I've run out of superlatives to use. Too big.

Dilara
Congrats Rafa!!
I have coverage tomorrow:woohoo:

mallorn
Great quality of tennis, Nole played so well :yeah: but Rafa was incredible once again. :yippee:

Deea
05-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Quite a perfect match for Rafa, Nole played really well himself :rocker: and the record continues :smoke: Yaaay! :woohoo:

sodman12
05-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Has he even played a TB?

ezekiel
05-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Nadal was in top form and returned big shots , Nole played well technically but lacked some tactics and perhaps better defense for clay , just another learning lesson :p

Netin!
05-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Big job Rafa!!!

mallorn
05-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Has he even played a TB?
No. :D

cc2monac
05-11-2007, 05:05 PM
rara!!! too good it's fringhtening! too impressive one more time! keep playing like this rafa!!!

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Nice try Djoko

You will be a worthy #2 to Rafa by the start of next year :D

Björki
05-11-2007, 05:06 PM
congrats Rafa :)

Nole :hug:

The_Nadal_effect
05-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Djokovic made a tasty dinner. Now lets hope Kolya makes nice dessert (Rafa burps)

Allez
05-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Whatever :rolleyes:

gebl
05-11-2007, 05:12 PM
:bounce: :bigclap: :clap2: :yippee: :woohoo: :aparty: :bowdown:

The_Nadal_effect
05-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Gebl! Behave yourself. These things happen.

disturb3d
05-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Nadal is as perfect a tennis player as they come. Now imagine if he had a serve.

FluffyYellowBall
05-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Well done to both players. I think Djokovic now stands out from the rest of the "young guns". Hes the only player who got close to nadal this clay court season.. This is the next rivalry

thunder2006
05-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Great match from both. Nadal played excellent and Nole played well. Rafa's ratios are insane....keep those up and the title will be yours again on Sunday!!

ReturnWinner
05-11-2007, 05:22 PM
0 % for Fakevic today, he played the best he could but this Rafa is too strong, better than last year (better bh, better net game , and better being agressive with more depth in his shots and a better serve)

(BTW DID you see how long fakevic was delaying the game before serving, even Lars Graff called him his attention in 2*2 40 30 second set)

Alvarillo
30 winners, only 12 UEs for Rafa :worship:
1:40, tough match!
nice battle Rafa & Nole :worship:

Castafiore
Indeed, great match from both. Aggressive play from Nole but Rafa seemed to have the right combination of defense and offence.

:)

l_mac
05-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Well done to both players. I think Djokovic now stands out from the rest of the "young guns". Hes the only player who got close to nadal this clay court season.. This is the next rivalry

Close to Nadal? He won 5 games. Although Djokovic played well, he was nowhere near winning this match.

ReturnWinner
05-11-2007, 05:25 PM
and funny how many people laughted at Cańas after losing to Nadal in

Barcelona final , yet he did put a better fight than "piggy roasters Youzhny

and Djokovic" on a slower clay court.

richie21
05-11-2007, 05:26 PM

and Federer??
if you are talking about the other youngsters,well we haven t seen Gasquet against Nadal this year.

my0118
05-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Nadal was simply too good.
Nole did fight pretty well, but the scoreline looks like he didn't.
Anyway even though I'm not a nole fan, nole's attitude after his defeat always looks good. :yeah:

ezekiel
Close to Nadal? He won 5 games. Although Djokovic played well, he was nowhere near winning this match.

look at Indian Wells and Miami, Nole is a quick learner

RonE
Credit to Nole at least he put up a fight but there was never any doubt really :zzz:

A_Skywalker
05-11-2007, 05:35 PM
He played well, but this wasnt close at any standard, look at the bp conversions, Nadal could have won 6-0 in first

Merton
05-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Incredible performance by Nadal, he simply plays his best tennis in Rome. The scary thing is that Nole played very well, he raised his game for this challenge. However, the Miami strategy is not going to work on clay when Nadal plays at this level.

By the way, both players got a warning for slow play, incorrectly imo for such a brutally physical match.

fenomeno2111
05-11-2007, 05:37 PM

You are a genius...the two most in form players this year that have taken between the two of them the three AMS played is a meaningless match...:o

ReturnWinner
05-11-2007, 05:37 PM
true,the same happened with Youhzny yesterday

He played well, but this wasnt close at any standard, look at the bp conversions, Nadal could have won 6-0 in first

The_Nadal_effect
05-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Nole vs Nadal matches will be a treat to watch on hard courts. Not so on clay. A good fight by Nole: He made a delicious dinner.

Deivid23
05-11-2007, 05:40 PM
By the way, both players got a warning for slow play, incorrectly imo for such a brutally physical match.

Graff is a fucking idiot, yes, when he got the warning, Nole even complained at him bc previous point had been exhausting, what a prick this Lars is:o

trixtah
05-11-2007, 05:41 PM
You are a genius...the two most in form players this year that have taken between the two of them the three AMS played is a meaningless match...:o

Meaningless unless it involves his master with a whip, Mr. Federer.

This match was pretty much decided from the start and even though I hate Djoko-ho, he did pretty well in the first set to keep up with Rafa, though the score doesn't really reflect this. The only way he was able to keep up was to hit go for broke shots, as Rafa got to every other ball. Once he stopped zoning, the errors came and Rafa ran away with it. Too good on clay... O_O

bokehlicious
05-11-2007, 05:44 PM

Yep, match of the century so far :yeah:

:retard:

l_mac
05-11-2007, 05:45 PM
look at Indian Wells and Miami, Nole is a quick learner

He may well be, but the fact is in this match (which is what we are discussing) he was nowhere near Nadal.

trixtah
05-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Yep, match of the century so far :yeah:

:retard:

The first set was pretty good, or did you not watch it as usual? Score doesn't show you the whole picture. Thought that I might let you in on that little secret. At least Djokovic did better than Federer could have (once again, score doesn't mean everything [I already know that this is your argument]).

Merton
05-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Graff is a fucking idiot, yes, when he got the warning, Nole even complained at him bc previous point had been exhausting, what a prick this Lars is:o

I saw that, Nole must have been pretty pissed off. The match had a good flow, it was great to watch, a judicious umpire should estimate these things instead of strictly using his clock :o

Anyway, not a big deal, issuing time warnings in this particular match just surprised me.

Nula
Nadal won again . It began really boring... .

ReturnWinner
he is not an idiot, he just accomplishes the rules

Nadal and Djokovic very often pull of that trick of delaying much time when serving

Grofica
05-11-2007, 05:49 PM
At this moment Rafa is way to good on clay,although Novak put a good fight it wasn't enough :) Hope Rafa will manage to achieve 100 straight wins on clay :banana:

lisaplenske
05-11-2007, 05:55 PM
congrats nadal,impressive play today.

ezekiel
05-11-2007, 06:16 PM
He may well be, but the fact is in this match (which is what we are discussing) he was nowhere near Nadal.

he was nowhere in IW also and used wrong tactics but he learned quickly, I have no doubt he will defeat Rafa on clay in the future ;)

Deivid23
05-11-2007, 06:29 PM
he is not an idiot, he just accomplishes the rules

Nadal and Djokovic very often pull of that trick of delaying much time when serving

He´s a fucking idiot yes, there´s nothing wrong with taking 3-5 seconds more after an extraordinarily exhausting point, get a clue

SBruguera
05-11-2007, 06:30 PM
he was nowhere in IW also and used wrong tactics but he learned quickly, I have no doubt he will defeat Rafa on clay in the future ;)

What do you mean? Do you think that Djokovic figured out Nadal?
He simply played better, and Nadal played a little bit worse BTW.

Look at the stats:

IW: Djokovic´s first serve percentage: 50%
Miami: Djokovic´s first serve percentage: 69%

Do you think that this stat means that he used the right tactics or that he played better?

Also in Miami Nadal made 27 UEs. Too much for him.

ReturnWinner
05-11-2007, 06:33 PM
you should get a clue, its not just a point but several ones where nadal and djovic delay, and many times more than 5 seconds

and i do not mean just this match

i remember espn + here showed several times Nadal delaying when serving in last year wimbledon

i think there is a video about that in youtube

He´s a fucking idiot yes, there´s nothing wrong with taking 3-5 seconds more after an extraordinarily exhausting point, get a clue

Deivid23
05-11-2007, 06:42 PM
you should get a clue, its not just a point but several ones where nadal and djovic delay, and many times more than 5 seconds

and i do not mean just this match

The warning to Nole in this match as Merton said was innecessary as the match was flowing in a good rythm and Nole just took like 2 or 3 seconds more, anyone with a brain would agree, get a clue pelotudo :D

Grunge
05-11-2007, 06:44 PM
(BTW DID you see how long fakevic was delaying the game before serving, even Lars Graff called him his attention in 2*2 40 30 second set)

When you mentioned that, you should mention that Nadal got warning too if you want to be fair (but it is obvious that you dont want that). You are so lame with all those "gamesmanship" arguments...
Btw players shouldnt get those warnings cause they both came after incredibly long and exausting points. On the other side that is so unimportant thing in whole match, but you had to bring it up as something big :rolleyes:

On the subject:
Congrats to Rafa, that guy is playing flawless clay tennis and I cant see a way to beat him. I predicted exactly this result on another thread :devil: Nole played very well, and if this is any other kind of surface we would probably see loooong and fantastic match today. I cant wait to see them playing on hardcourt again...it will be tennis holiday :)

p.s. Aside from playing "alien" tennis seems like rafa is really a lucky guy...so many balls in last two days ended on outer edge of line (and that funny point when ball was slowed by then net after having huge arc) :)

ASP0315
05-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Win as expected. :yeah:
Nice way to get revenge for his loss in Miami :devil:

Apemant
05-11-2007, 07:00 PM
I have a hard time imagining anyone (past or present) who could actually beat this Rafa on clay - he seems even better in 2007 than in 2006. Last year you could rally with him as long as you liked, he would mostly defend (except when you moved forward, then he used to switch to targeting mode, often producing a passing winner). And yet, 'just' that was enough to go undefeated the whole year.

I thought maybe his effort to adjust to hardcourts would hurt his clay prowess - but so far it seems quite the opposite. Now you can't give him any short balls anymore, because he WILL attack you - and often with a clean winner or an approach shot good enough to prepare for an easy volley or an overhead. This is outlined by the fact he now often makes 2-3 times as many winners as he does UEs - which is simply amazing on clay.

ReturnWinner
05-11-2007, 07:31 PM
yeah he took that time because Lars Graf did not let to take longer time
why is so difficult to accept bad things in players?

if for example Nadal has not enough rest to serve among the allowed time according to rules then he should shorten the points, nobody forces him to play so many strokes per point

you should get a clue, gilipollas :D

The warning to Nole in this match as Merton said was innecessary as the match was flowing in a good rythm and Nole just took like 2 or 3 seconds more, anyone with a brain would agree, get a clue pelotudo :D

Deivid23
05-11-2007, 07:35 PM
yeah he took that time because Lars Graf did not let to take longer time
why is so difficult to accept bad things in players?

if for example Nadal has not enough rest to serve among the allowed time according to rules then he should shorten the points, nobody forces him to play so many strokes per point

you should get a clue, gilipollas :D

You´re even more retarded than I thought at first glance, congrats :lol:

NYCtennisfan
05-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Incredible performance by Nadal, he simply plays his best tennis in Rome. The scary thing is that Nole played very well, he raised his game for this challenge. However, the Miami strategy is not going to work on clay when Nadal plays at this level.

Well, the match did last 1 hr and 40 minutes which was pretty long considering that Nadal wasn't much threatened on serve the entire match.

ReturnWinner
05-11-2007, 07:37 PM
that is the only reply you can do? you can not make a logical argument because i am right?

gilipollas :)

You´re even more retarded than I thought at first glance, congrats :lol:

Merton
05-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Well, the match did last 1 hr and 40 minutes which was pretty long considering that Nadal wasn't much threatened on serve the entire match.

There were many deuces and long points played there, even though it came to deuce just twice I think on Nadal's serve. Besides, both of them are very deliberate players to begin with. However, Nadal plays faster this year than he was last year.

NYCtennisfan
05-11-2007, 07:46 PM
There were many deuces and long points played there, even though it came to deuce just twice I think on Nadal's serve. Besides, both of them are very deliberate players to begin with. However, Nadal plays faster this year than he was last year.

Nadal indeed plays a LOT faster this year. His slow play was at an apex last year at the USO. There were points against Misha where he took 30-40 seconds between points. I'm glad he is playing faster these days because it makes the tennis more watchable.

Scotso
05-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Too bad Nole wasn't on the other side of the draw :sad:

Rafa is just too good on clay.

Kalliopeia
05-11-2007, 09:50 PM
I am really looking forward to watching this match (was at work when it was live, woe!) because it's baffling to me how everyone is saying how well Djokovic played etc and yet the score is 6-2, 6-3.

Congrats, Rafa! :worship:

FluffyYellowBall
05-11-2007, 10:02 PM
I am really looking forward to watching this match (was at work when it was live, woe!) because it's baffling to me how everyone is saying how well Djokovic played etc and yet the score is 6-2, 6-3.

well look at the difference between that match and gasquet/verdasco ....and look at the scores for these matches!

t0x
05-11-2007, 10:26 PM

Same as yday really. Djoko won many good points, but couldn't string enough together to make a dent on the score. It was definatley closer than the scoreline suggests - Nadal is just that bit better on clay to win all of the clutch points.

l_mac
05-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Same as yday really. Djoko won many good points, but couldn't string enough together to make a dent on the score. It was definatley closer than the scoreline suggests - Nadal is just that bit better on clay to win all of the clutch points.

I don't really agree with that. I thought 6-2 6-3 was a pretty fair reflection of the play.

bad gambler
05-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Good job Rafa

Would love to see him play Pipo in the final against that boisterous crowd

adee-gee
05-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Good job Rafa

Would love to see him play Pipo in the final against that boisterous crowd
Rafa is a spartan remember, he has balls. A boisterous crowd only causes problems to the weak, people like Federer ;)

bad gambler
05-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Rafa is a spartan remember, he has balls. A boisterous crowd only causes problems to the weak, people like Federer ;)

It would make what would be an otherwise boring final more interesting, thats all. Same result either way as I agree he probably won't be too bothered about the crowd.

dkw
05-11-2007, 11:12 PM

LOL! Adee why are you kicking the Fedtards when they're down?

scarecrows
05-11-2007, 11:15 PM
isnt the word 'outguns' too much used here on GM?

bokehlicious
05-11-2007, 11:37 PM

Just like Roger shitted his pants in the USO finals in front of the NYC crowd against Americans :)

sawan66278
05-11-2007, 11:41 PM
The fact is that Rafa, for all practical purposes, dominated Novak. Plain and simple. Novak was BARELY holding serve in the first, and, to his credit, saved seven break points to keep the score close. Much like an NBA champion letting a lower seeded team hang around, but never really threatened, Novak was barely holding on for his life in the first set.

In the second, up to 3-3, it was closer. I attribute this more to a letdown by Rafa than anything else. Just look at the numbers. Particularly the number of total points won. I think Rafa won almost 20 more points than Novak, I believe:eek: Rafa: 4/12 on break points....Novak 0/1 on break points.

Rafa moves better than anyone on the clay. The fact of the matter is that Novak is more a hard court player. While one can learn to slide, etc., Rafa's footwork on setting up his shots is what separates him from the rest. And he appears to playing with much more aggression this year. And the doubles play is reflected in his net game.

The clear fact: we may be watching the best clay court player in history.

almouchie
05-11-2007, 11:45 PM
another gr8 match from rafa
i just wonder why he needs to play doubles as well
he has already played monte carlo, barcelona & has hamburg abd RG coming up
he needs some rest
i would think

SBruguera
05-11-2007, 11:50 PM
isnt the word 'outguns' too much used here on GM?

I agree. Outguns, anihilates, destroys... what do these people think they watch when watching a tennis match? Rambo?

Jimnik
05-11-2007, 11:52 PM
That was a really entertaining match. Djokovic is such a joy to watch when he's playing like that, but Rafa was just unbelievable. At the end of the day, the scoreline was fair but it hides the fact that there were so many quality rallies. :yeah:

griffin_230
05-12-2007, 12:29 AM
"I'll finish by saying that this match had me thinking that the men’s game is looking good for the immediate future. Djokovic and Nadal are a major rivalry waiting to happen, as are Djokovic and Federer, now that the Man has lost some of his Aura. Watching today, I felt like these guys measure up well to those daunting champions from the sport's past. John McEnroe, happily nodding away on the sideline after every great point, seemed to agree."

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/thewrap/2007/05/rome_the_rafafi.html

vincayou
05-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Easy win for Nadal, and Djokovic was playing very well. Those who see Djokovic as a potential threat for Nadal on clay should be convinced now that he's light years ahead.

Veronique
05-12-2007, 02:10 AM
Very fun match. I'm watching the rerun on TTC right now.

DhammaTiger
05-12-2007, 02:50 AM

Djokovic got close? He lost 6-2 and 6-3 and you say he got close? Rafa broke him twice in both sets, and didn't look as if he was ever going to lose his serve. I have seen positive spin before but this takes the cake. Vamos Rafa!!!

azmad_88
05-12-2007, 03:29 AM
revenge is sweet !

wenty
05-12-2007, 03:31 AM
Bad luck Djokovic...nice win for Nadal :)

Forehander
05-12-2007, 04:02 AM
totally outplayed djokovic lol. He actually didn't play so bad. Nadal, like the topic starter mentioned lol is indeed a f***in animal lol.

yomike
05-12-2007, 04:42 AM
Wow! that is a surprising win:o.

Stensland
05-12-2007, 04:45 AM
good lord, who in the world is gonna be able to stop nadal in paris? there's nobody out there, now that fed's kind of in crisis.

he's so easily outdistancing ALL his opponents (with djokovic currently being one of the hottest around and getting beaten up severely), i don't see anyone being able to cope with his overall strength.

hats off, rafa!

A_Skywalker
05-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Bryans won 6-3 6-3 and there isnt a thread, I thought the Fedtards would enjoy Nadal loosing, even in doubles

Grunge
05-12-2007, 08:28 AM
The clear fact: we may be watching the best clay court player in history.

There is no doubt in that. Rafa is really best clay court player this game ever had.

SwiSha
05-12-2007, 09:32 AM

oh poor baby still sad that Roger lost to a wta serve player :lol:

Tnn74
05-12-2007, 09:46 AM
oh poor baby still sad that Roger lost to a wta serve player :lol:

:haha: :lol:

RonE
05-12-2007, 12:07 PM

The question is not even wether he will lose a set but rather will anyone even take him to a tiebreak :worship:

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

yana
05-12-2007, 12:12 PM
The question is not even wether he will lose a set but rather will anyone even take him to a tiebreak :worship:

Don't exaggerate. I have a feeling that today's match will be more difficult cos yesterday he played both singles and doubles and he should be tired.

bluesky_rachel
05-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Rafa is amazing.Very great attitude and strength he has.:yeah:

rofe
05-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Don't exaggerate. I have a feeling that today's match will be more difficult cos yesterday he played both singles and doubles and he should be tired.

Nadal and tired don't belong in the same sentence in terms of playing on clay.

yana
05-12-2007, 05:40 PM

You're evil :fiery: :D