Coolest doubles team [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Coolest doubles team

Malul
05-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Thought we could list some of the coolest team there has been so fare,
for a starter i remember those:

Wimbledon-99
Federer/Hewitt made the third round.Would maybe be more spectacular today though:)

Philadelphia-85
Becker/Edberg only won the first match then out,but they should have kept on going i think:)

Monte Carlo-85
Clerc/Nastase won their first match in doubles this year against,listen this is so strange,Boris Becker/Ivan Lendl.I would have killed to see them playing together:)

Becker also teamed up with Noah,Cash,Leconte,Muster,McEnore(they won their only tournament) and finally with the legendary Stich resulting in the Olympic Gold medal in Barcelona.At the end of his career he also joined up with Sampras(!) and Ivanisevic.

Basel-79
Lendl/Noah didn't that well,losing second round
(oki i don't really remember those from the seventies but had to place them here anyway:))
Lendl also teamed up with Edberg(!) in Hamburg -91 and with some occasionaly succesful tournaments with Leconte.Also Ivanisevic,Korda,Sampras(Sydney -91 2nd round),Rusedski and Wilander(!!!),the latter in his last doubles tournament ever: Washington -94(2nd round again)

I could go on their are thousands of funny and strange combinations!

Please give comments if you've seen some live as well!:wavey:

Action Jackson
05-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Behrend/Hernandez

Gaudio/Karlovic

scarecrows
05-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Behrend/Hernandez

thread closed

Malul
05-11-2007, 10:44 AM
haha,Behrend/Hernandez is more of a dream team,they haven't joined up have they?=)

if we include dream teams then of course also that couple should have been in the top list together with Kent Carlsson/Ivo Karlovic and Borg/Lendl

one combination that could easily win the doubles at Wimbledon could be Ljubicic/Karlovic,that would have been interesting..

azza
05-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Philippoussis/Safin :drool:

CmonAussie
05-11-2007, 03:07 PM
***Two serve & volley boys together

Stefan Edberg & Pat Cash teamed up quite a few times!
~~Edberg/Cash`s best result together was winning Montreal/Toronto 1987!

Burrow
05-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Safin/Federer