True RIVALRY likely: *Nadal vs Djokovic*!...~[predict 5-6 Slams for both(``)]! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

True RIVALRY likely: *Nadal vs Djokovic*!...~[predict 5-6 Slams for both(``)]!

CmonAussie
05-11-2007, 07:09 AM
:wavey: :cool: :)
FED`s sort of in a league of his own considering how many Slams he`s won:worship:
Also FED`s around 5-years older than his nearest challengers [Nadal & Djokovic].

>>>So the true all-European rivalry is shaping up as Nadal vs. Djokovic:

Nadal`s 20yrs old [soon to be 21]
*2007 titles [3]
[def Djokovic @ IW AMS final]

-----
Djokovic`s 19yrs old [soon to be 20]
*2007 titles [3]
[def Nadal @ Miami AMS QFs]

Next meeting~~ Rome AMS QFs... who will win:confused: :confused:

Action Jackson
05-11-2007, 07:11 AM
No, it's not a rivalry.

A proper rivalry develops and doesn't need to be built up, it does that itself.

CmonAussie
05-11-2007, 07:16 AM
No, it's not a rivalry.

A proper rivalry develops and doesn't need to be built up, it does that itself.

Based on 2007 it`s shaping up as a true rivalry!!

Of course we can`t predict the future with certainty but of all the young generation Djokovic looks like the most likely to give Nadal a run for his money;)

Comparing FED with these two is more of a stretch biecause of the age disparity..

Action Jackson
05-11-2007, 07:19 AM
Based on 2007 it`s shaping up as a true rivalry!!

Of course we can`t predict the future with certainty but of all the young generation Djokovic looks like the most likely to give Nadal a run for his money;)

Comparing FED with these two is more of a stretch biecause of the age disparity..

Based on what. 1 match at Indian Wells?

CmonAussie
05-11-2007, 07:28 AM
Based on what. 1 match at Indian Wells?

<>Based on the fact that they`re both very strong mentally:worship:
<>Both very physical players:cool:
<>Both capable of winning several slams but unlikely to dominate the way FED has or Sampras did..
<>Both aren`t shy of using gamesmanship:devil:
<>Both all surface players [eg. they`ve both won titles on HC & Clay this year]
<>They appear to match up well against each other [ie. they neutralise each others strengths].
<>Only seperated by 1-year age differance.

Action Jackson
05-11-2007, 07:31 AM
<>Based on the fact that they`re both very strong mentally:worship:
<>Both very physical players:cool:
<>Both capable of winning several slams but unlikely to dominate the way FED has or Sampras did..
<>Both aren`t shy of using gamesmanship:devil:
<>Both all surface players [eg. they`ve both won titles on HC & Clay this year]
<>They appear to match up well against each other [ie. they neutralise each others strengths].
<>Only seperated by 1-year age differance.

Rivalry has already won the bandwagon of the month, how about letting them play a few more matches against each other, before thinking about declaring this a rivalry.

All of their matches have been straight set wins, not exactly a good start.

Puschkin
05-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Create your rivalry, if you need that, but don't draw in Becker/Edberg :worship: in comparison to Djokovic/Nadal.:rolleyes:

CmonAussie
05-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Create your rivalry, if you need that, but don't draw in Becker/Edberg :worship: in comparison to Djokovic/Nadal.:rolleyes:

OK~ I`ll keep those two out of it;)

Kolya
05-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Its not a rivalry...

Sunset of Age
05-11-2007, 10:58 AM
No rivalry IN SIGHT. Whatsoever. Surely not on the clay!

VolandriFan
05-11-2007, 11:13 AM
It could develop into a good rivalry, given that Federer won't be around forever and could wind down in a few years.

Remember, a rivalry can exist without matches and can be a comparison of results during a certain time period.

Mimi
05-11-2007, 11:17 AM
you predicted 5-6 slams for rafa? that's great :woohoo: :dance: :yippee: :nerner: :baby: :inlove:

CmonAussie
05-11-2007, 03:15 PM
you predicted 5-6 slams for rafa? that's great :woohoo: :dance: :yippee: :nerner: :baby: :inlove:

:wavey:
Mimi you`re a sweety:cool:
I think 5-6 Slams is a very realistic target for Nadal;)
Of course he could win more/or less..
I expect him to win FO twice more [including this year], so that would give him 4-FO titles:angel:
Then he should win 1-2 other Slams, but I`m not sure which ones [he could win Wimby if FED`s confidence falls further]..

~~>>
How about your thoughts... what Slam tally do you expect Rafa to reach???

CmonAussie
05-11-2007, 03:19 PM
It could develop into a good rivalry, given that Federer won't be around forever and could wind down in a few years.

Remember, a rivalry can exist without matches and can be a comparison of results during a certain time period.

Thanks VolandriFan mate:cool:
Yes exactly;) , that`s what I was trying to say in my original post!!

2007 is shaping up as a big rivalry b/w RAFA & NOLE~~ both have 3-titles, both have beaten each other at back-to-back AMS events, & there`s only 12-months between them!!

3-4 years later I expect RAFA & NOLE to still be up there fighting for #1:cool:
...FED may still be able to win more Slams but he`ll get tired of protecting the #1 ranking all the time & the fact that he`s 5-6 years older than them is also a key factor...

Clara Bow
05-11-2007, 03:26 PM
All of their matches have been straight set wins, not exactly a good start.

While I do think it could be too early to call it rivalry- and while Nole did not show up for the first set at IW, I think that the Miami match was very exciting and hard fought. Some straight set matches can show a true fight between the different players- and imo this was one of them.

Mimi
05-12-2007, 04:29 AM
thanks a lot for your kind words :hug:

i want rafa to win wimby, but not too realistic at the moment as the grass king roger is still around :p

i think may be he is going to win AO in the next 2 years :wavey:

Mimi you`re a sweety:cool:
I think 5-6 Slams is a very realistic target for Nadal;)
Of course he could win more/or less..
I expect him to win FO twice more [including this year], so that would give him 4-FO titles:angel:
Then he should win 1-2 other Slams, but I`m not sure which ones [he could win Wimby if FED`s confidence falls further]..

~~>>
How about your thoughts... what Slam tally do you expect Rafa to reach???

Johnny Groove
05-12-2007, 04:32 AM
Rafa already has a rivalry :angel:

Sunset of Age
05-12-2007, 04:36 AM
Rafa already has a rivalry :angel:

Huh? Rogi, you say?
No where near lately... :sad:

Johnny Groove
05-12-2007, 04:37 AM
Huh? Rogi, you say?
No where near lately... :sad:

Grass season will come soon enough :hug:

Sunset of Age
05-12-2007, 04:42 AM
Grass season will come soon enough :hug:

Well, let's hope so... the way Raf's being playing lately, I think he's quite able of taking Wimbly too!

Not that I mind, BTW. Raf's being playing like an ANGEL lately, and if he manages to keep up this level - yeas, Wimbly will be his as well. :angel:

Dusk Soldier
05-12-2007, 05:21 AM
Rafa already has a rivalry
Federer already has his anime-esque rivalry w/ Roddick.

Merton
05-12-2007, 07:46 AM
Pre-announced rivalries are not rivalries, you realize they are only when it is obvious. Of course, calling all possible pairs of players will inevitably produce a good call.

FluffyYellowBall
05-12-2007, 12:10 PM
rafa has a huge rivalry with fed and djoko in bed. When fed cant handle rafas heavy balls he tries djokovic whs slightly more fiesty.