What happened between Dubai and Indian Wells? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What happened between Dubai and Indian Wells?

Johnny Groove
05-11-2007, 03:07 AM
After Federer won Dubai, beating Haas and Misha, the 2 hottest players on the tour at that point, back to back, and both in straights, everyone was praising Federer, saying that he will win RG, GOAT, etc. etc.

After Nadal lost in the QF's (again :o ) to Misha (again :o ) everyone thought he was done, he should fire Tio Toni, hes gonna swiftly fall down the rankings, hes gonna lose on clay, he will lose RG, etc. etc.

After Nole lost in the 2nd round to Roger in Dubai, everyone said that Nole is a waste of time, an injury faker, a loser, will never be ranked higher, etc. etc.

After Canas won Buenos Aires a few weeks earlier, people were saying he was going to be a threat at RG, while others played the doping card, and views were a bit split.

Fast forward 10 weeks, and Federer has lost twice to Canas, once to Nadal and once to Volandri :retard:, and is now apparently past his peak, will never win another slam, and has no chance at the title of GOAT.

Nadal seems to have found his mojo, winning IW, losing to Nole in Miami QF's, winning MC and Barca, and moonballing and cakewalking through Rome, hes also #1 in the race

Nole also seems to have found some mojo, having lost the IW final to Rafa, winning Miami, QF's in MC, Estoril victory, and looking to a match with Rafa in the Rome QF's. Did I also mention he moved up to #4 in the world and #2 in the race?

And Canas has beaten Federer twice, gotten to the Miami final and Barcelona final, but come up short both times. Recently tanked out of Rome to prepare for Hamburg

So, what has caused this sudden and swift turn-around since Dubai? :eek: Mirka? Uncle Toni? Russian Mafia? Secret sex lives? Or some strange combo of the 4?

uglyamerican
05-11-2007, 03:14 AM
Nole also seems to have found some mojo, having lost the IW final to Rafa, winning Miami, QF's in MC, Estoril victory, and looking to a match with Rafa in the Rome QF's. Did I also mention he moved up to #4 in the world and #2 in the race?

Correction: MC round of 16 only, still #5 in the world and #3 in the RACE (for now). :p

NicoFan
05-11-2007, 03:16 AM
Everyone is totally overreacting about Fed.

He's been on top for a long time.

But he's not a robot.

He's going to have blips.

I will be totally shocked if he doesn't come back strong. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he won RG.

If at this time next year he's still having problems, then let the hysteria begin...

But that's my humble opinion. :)

GlennMirnyi
05-11-2007, 03:21 AM

But he's not a robot.

I will be totally shocked if he doesn't come back strong. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he won RG.

If at this time next year he's still having problems, then let the hysteria begin...

Amazing, a reasonable post from a Massutard. :o :hatoff:

Johnny Groove
05-11-2007, 03:22 AM
Correction: MC round of 16 only, still #5 in the world and #3 in the RACE (for now). :p

my mistake, he'll be #3 in the race behind Fed by 1 POINT, assuming he loses tomorrow :p

uglyamerican
05-11-2007, 03:26 AM
my mistake, he'll be #3 in the race behind Fed by 1 POINT, assuming he loses tomorrow :p

It looks like 9 points to me. :p

Anyway, I guess the IW loss was a bigger confidence shaker than anyone thought.

Johnny Groove
05-11-2007, 04:05 AM
It looks like 9 points to me. :p

Anyway, I guess the IW loss was a bigger confidence shaker than anyone thought.

nope, you're right, my bad. :p

sodman12
05-11-2007, 04:07 AM
I guess it shows how much people overreact here. Seems like they would stop after they get it wrong 100 times but I guess they enjoy talking about nothing.

rofe
05-11-2007, 04:21 AM
The bookies got hold of sex tapes featuring Roger and Paris Hilton and are blackmailing Roger.

There is no other explanation. :shrug:

RickDaStick
05-11-2007, 04:28 AM
What happened between Dubai and IW? Blaze's obsession with Federer got even bigger.

Johnny Groove
05-11-2007, 04:32 AM
What happened between Dubai and IW? Blaze's obsession with Federer got even bigger.

:zzz:

mangoes
05-11-2007, 04:34 AM
The bookies got hold of sex tapes featuring Roger and Paris Hilton and are blackmailing Roger.

There is no other explanation. :shrug:

I was going to roll my eyes at Jonathan, but then I read your post:haha: :haha: :haha:

Kolya
05-11-2007, 06:01 AM
Roger is affected by Gasquet's gay rumours.

Action Jackson
05-11-2007, 06:05 AM
Overreaction is the norm on MTF and it should have its own law in the MTF laws.

CmonAussie
05-11-2007, 06:26 AM
At 1st I thought everyone was overreacting on MTF..

However if you look at FED`s record then the last 2-months has been his worst stretch of tennis in nearly 5-years!!!

The last time FED failed to win a tourney in 4-successive starts [ie. IW, Miami, MC, Rome this year] was 2003!!

Even then his results were better as his losses came in the later stages of tourneys!!

In the last 4-AMS tourneys FED has only won a total of 8-matches!!

[4 tourneys]
8-wins
4-losses
--->>>
This time it`s more than a blip!.. FED`s motivation seems to be waning.. Perhaps the only thing that gets him excited now is the prospect of winning Slams!!!The same thing happened to Sampras in his mid-20s!! These guys win so much that the lesser titles [including AMS events] don`t get them as pumped up as when they were younger!

Expect to see FED`s play improve markedly at FO & Wimby~~>> whether he`s good enough to win both or even one will depend on his confidence [plus how Nadal & Djokovic play assuming they clash with FED]..

kobulingam
05-11-2007, 06:30 AM
Question is, what did Sampras do to Federer before IW?

peteroger
05-11-2007, 06:50 AM
aglee

But he's not a robot.