Mark Philippoussis Looking for Love – on TV

onewoman74
05-10-2007, 05:58 PM
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20038433,00.html

What is he thinking????:rolleyes:

Tennis's Mark Philippoussis Looking for Love – on TV

THURSDAY MAY 10, 2007 09:40 AM EDT

By Pamela Warrick

Mark Philippoussis Photo by: NBCTennis's Mark Philippoussis Looking for Love – on TV | Mark Philippoussis
Dimples? Check. Money? Check. Loves his mom? Check. So why is tennis superstar Mark Philippoussis looking for love? "I am so shy," he tells PEOPLE. "I would just really like to meet someone."

NBC to the rescue. This week, PEOPLE has learned, the network will name Philippoussis as star of Age of Love, a new Bachelor-esque summer series with a twist.

In this mating game, half the women are in their 20's and half in their 40's. "Age doesn't matter to me," says Philippoussis, 30. "All the women are beautiful."

He didn't always feel that way: At first he was unnerved by the notion of making out with older women. "Until now, the oldest woman I've ever gone out with was four years younger than me," he says, noting that the youngest, a 19-year-old, was 10 years his junior.

Once ranked among the world's top tennis stars, Philippoussis has been sidelined by a series of knee surgeries. But worse, he says, he's been single since last August. And he wants the world to know that despite tab reports, he has "never, ever dated Paris Hilton or Tara Reid."

In hopes of returning to Wimbledon's Centre Court in June – he won in 2003 – Philippousis has been playing tennis four times a week with friend Gavin Rossdale at the Beverly Hills estate the rocker shares with wife Gwen Stefani and son Kingston.

Rossdale is one of a handful of people who knew about Age of Love. "Gavin said to me, 'Wow. You could change the dating habits of all mankind!' " Philippousis says.

But for now, he's just "a simple guy who wants a simple girl." One who must meet certain standards: If she smokes, forget it. Ditto for anyone who doesn't like dogs. Says Philippoussis, "I just don't see how that could ever work."

That's because his 4-month-old Rottweiler puppy, Kya, is the No. 1 girl in his life right now. "When I turn out the lights, she gets up on the bed and puts her front paws on my shoulders and she kisses me goodnight," he says. "Now that's love."

CmonAussie
05-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Mark ~~ this is looking desperate;><:

shotgun
05-10-2007, 06:31 PM
:haha:

Xristos
05-10-2007, 06:33 PM
This is not a good sign.

Allez
05-10-2007, 06:48 PM
omg :haha:

LaTenista
05-10-2007, 06:54 PM
:help: Just another reality TV show to avoid like the plague.

nisha
05-10-2007, 07:00 PM
this could be marat in 5 years time :sad:

Mateya
05-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Mark :retard: :rolls:

Lets find him a girl :)

Mateya
05-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Mark :retard: :rolls:

Lets find him a girl :)

I would just go down the street with one BMW cabrio and just pick up babes by the way :cool: One of them would be good for sure...

holagirl56
05-10-2007, 08:06 PM
:lol:

I'm so embarrassed for him.

nicole_s
05-10-2007, 08:17 PM

I thought that mark is one of the last people with that kind of problems :scratch:
yeah,looking for love on tv really seems desperate,but good luck,mark :wavey:

shrudy
05-10-2007, 08:32 PM
In hopes of returning to Wimbledon's Centre Court in June – he won in 2003 – Philippousis has been playing tennis four times a week with friend Gavin Rossdale at the Beverly Hills estate the rocker shares with wife Gwen Stefani and son Kingston.

I missed that match I guess

Goonergal
05-10-2007, 08:54 PM

That just made me laugh out loud :lol:

Flip :tape:

MariaV
05-10-2007, 08:57 PM

:o :o :tape: :help: I SO hope not!

Burrow
05-10-2007, 09:00 PM
get in mark, get in there son!!!

Bruno71
05-10-2007, 09:56 PM

Maybe I don't know much about Gavin Rossdale's game, but that's how Philippousis is trying to get his game back for Wimbledon??

Sofyaxo
05-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Oh the poo, silly man. I wonder if this is going to be completely shit or the kind of crap you love to watch because of how crazy it is.

19 eh? Little young buddy.

I think we need to get a girl from MTF in that show.

SBruguera
05-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Mark, probably you already know how it feels being embarrassed on the TV, but this is too much.

ShimSham
05-10-2007, 11:56 PM
What happened to Alexis Barbara, I thought they were engaged?

Richard_from_Cal
05-11-2007, 12:26 AM
What happened to Alexis Barbara, I thought they were engaged?
Splitsville for nine months now, according to:
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21711645-5006014,00.html
Philippoussis - who split from his teenage fiancee Alexis Barbara, a stunning Miami model, in July - said he was initially unnerved by the idea of dating older women but after meeting the more mature contestants he was now open to the idea.
.:eek: she is a cutie!

jwoodrx
05-11-2007, 01:17 AM
Maybe I don't know much about Gavin Rossdale's game, but that's how Philippousis is trying to get his game back for Wimbledon??

Obviously, you haven't noticed how he's improved Roger's game.;)

Pea
05-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Once ranked among the world's top tennis stars, Philippoussis has been sidelined by a series of knee surgeries. But worse, he says, he's been single since last August. And he wants the world to know that despite tab reports, he has "never, ever dated Paris Hilton or Tara Reid."

I wouldn't admit to anything like that either.:lol:

smitty8
05-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Oh...my...God...
Mark, are you really serious? :rolleyes: Just call me, we'll talk. Seriously, drop me a line. I'm single. I'm female. I love dogs. It'll work. Trust me. :angel:

merce
05-11-2007, 01:40 AM
i will watch it :hearts:

IDJ49
05-11-2007, 01:52 AM
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21711645-5006014,00.html

.:eek: she is a cutie!

How is that possible? She was definitely with him at the 2006 US Open wearing a big rock. He was toting around their little dog and talking about looking forward to having kids.

Metis
05-11-2007, 02:03 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

But for now, he's just "a simple guy who wants a simple girl." One who must meet certain standards: If she smokes, forget it. Ditto for anyone who doesn't like dogs. Says Philippoussis, "I just don't see how that could ever work."

That's because his 4-month-old Rottweiler puppy, Kya, is the No. 1 girl in his life right now. "When I turn out the lights, she gets up on the bed and puts her front paws on my shoulders and she kisses me goodnight," he says. "Now that's love."

Ewww!
Sorry Mark. You may be handsome and of Greek descent, but if I were your girlfriend you would have to forget about kissing me goodnight after kissing that dog :lol:.

~EMiLiTA~
05-11-2007, 02:23 AM
:tape:

bad gambler
05-11-2007, 02:27 AM
Go get em tiger!!!

Kolya
05-11-2007, 02:30 AM
Plenty of chicks on MTF, Mark.

flip_fan
05-11-2007, 05:17 AM
I think it's hilarious and cute.

For the past 10 years he's pretty much shut out the media and hardly opened up about his private life despite it being talked about constantly. Everyone seems to have an opinion about what type of guy he is; playboy/sleaze/lazy/arrogant/stupid... i think in a way Mark may be fed up and this is certainly a way for people to see his personality and charm.

I would never, ever think he would do something like this but it's no secret he wants to get married and start a family. I cant wait! It should be highly entertaining - especially if there is some shirtless scenes!

...as for Gavin Rossdale, i think lindsay davenport use to hit with Gavin on occassion. It's harmless fun, he's suppose to play in Greece next week so i will make judgement on his unique preparation/training then.

Action Jackson
05-11-2007, 05:24 AM
Go the Poo, show the style.

Saumon
05-11-2007, 06:24 AM
How is that possible? She was definitely with him at the 2006 US Open wearing a big rock. He was toting around their little dog and talking about looking forward to having kids.

she was in Tursunov's box in Bercy but I doubt they're together.

Mimi
05-11-2007, 06:30 AM
:sobbing: poor Mark, wasted his talent because of injuries, but he can be a model if he retired from tennis, he is so damn goregous :inlove: :yippee:

Sofyaxo
05-11-2007, 06:31 AM
It was on E! new today, I laughed. There is already press going. I can't wait till he's on all the morning talk shows getting the housewives to watch his show.

liptea
05-11-2007, 06:58 AM
when are auditions for the show cuz im gonna need to book my tickets.

CmonAussie
05-11-2007, 08:12 AM
..I`m curious to watch just to see how Scud handles himself!!

It`s true he is a very shy person,~especially with the media..
>> Surprising then that he`s willing to be humiliated publicly [& possibly become the laughing stock of the tennis World] by throwing himself into the hot house!!!

Honestly I hope he does well.. help him come out of his shell!!

Pity about the relationship with Alexis~> really thought she was the one***

CmonAussie
05-11-2007, 08:40 AM
IF the show proves to be a ratings hit then it may actually help Mark`s tennis!!
>> He`ll be offered more WCs & casual groupie fans will say "look there`s Philippoussis the guy from that dating show~> I didn`t know he could play tennis too..."!

cc2monac
05-11-2007, 08:50 AM
if he wants I'm completly okay to date him!!!

Medina
05-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Lol, poor Mark

Forehander
05-11-2007, 09:57 AM
lol this is so hilarious. I can't believe philipussy would come down to this level. Lucky I am in Australia and I'll have the chance to watch this ridiculous show lol. But hey, don't get me wrong, i don't disagree with him here, I reckon he's bloody smart to be in such a show. This is good stuff, think about it everybody, it's like one stone taking down two birds - you can claim the chicks and you earn your money... Man I'd be on that show for sure I dun care what the others say hehe =P He's a genius and a lucky malaka to show up on this treasure show.

CmonAussie
05-11-2007, 02:00 PM
lol this is so hilarious. I can't believe philipussy would come down to this level. Lucky I am in Australia and I'll have the chance to watch this ridiculous show lol. But hey, don't get me wrong, i don't disagree with him here, I reckon he's bloody smart to be in such a show. This is good stuff, think about it everybody, it's like one stone taking down two birds - you can claim the chicks and you earn your money... Man I'd be on that show for sure I dun care what the others say hehe =P He's a genius and a lucky malaka to show up on this treasure show.

:wavey:
It`s been a few years since I heard the term "malaka":cool:
>>>
Where Philipussy is concerned it seems appropriate:devil:

smucav
05-11-2007, 04:10 PM
http://www.nbcumv.com/release_detail.nbc/entertainment-20070510000000-nbc039s039age.htmlNBC Universal Media Village
NBC'S 'AGE OF LOVE' TACKLES THE DARING QUESTION FACING SINGLES TODAY -- DOES AGE REALLY MATTER WHEN IT COMES TO FINDING TRUE LOVE?
Published: May 10, 2007

31-YEAR-OLD AUSTRALIAN TENNIS SUPERSTAR MARK PHILIPPOUSSIS ATTEMPTS TO FIND TRUE LOVE AMONG WOMEN AGES 21-48 IN UNIQUE SOCIAL EXPERIMENT BASED ON THE CURRENT PHENOMENON OF YOUNGER MEN DATING OLDER WOMEN

BURBANK, Calif. – May 10, 2007 – NBC's upcoming reality dating series "Age of Love," premiering on Monday, June 18 (9-10 p.m. ET) and hosted by Mark Consuelos ("All My Children"), features a timely, unique twist on the reality dating show format. More than just a dating competition, it's a social experiment based on the question: When it comes to falling in love, does age really matter?

31-year-old Australian tennis superstar Mark Philippoussis will attempt to find true love among women ranging in age from 21-48 in this unique series based on the current phenomenon of younger men dating older women. Philippoussis will date 13 women from two very different groups -- the "Kittens," six fun, enthusiastic women in their 20's, and the "Cougars," seven beautiful, sophisticated women in their 40's.

But only one woman can win Mark's heart. Is she an attractive, experienced woman who knows what she wants and has already carved out a niche of her own, or is she a sexy younger woman who lacks the experience of her older counterpart, but has an enthusiasm for life that only comes with the inexperience of youth? In the end, both Mark and the viewers will discover if love is truly ageless.

The suspense builds in early episodes as Mark -- unaware of the concept -- is first introduced to the "Cougars." As he meets them one by one, their ages increase much to his surprise. The series takes a dramatic turn when Mark learns there's a second group of much younger women -- the "Kittens" -- who will also be attempting to vie for his affections. Unaware of each other, the two groups of women meet for the first time taking the competition for Mark's affections to a whole new level. From there, each week the field of women will be narrowed down with the remaining vying for his attention -- but only one can win Mark's heart.

Mark has reached the apex of the professional tennis world, but is lacking that one woman who he can share his success, his adventures, and his life with. Born in 1976 in Melbourne, Australia, Mark's beginnings were inauspicious. "I came from nothing," he says in describing his formative years. In fact, his father, who dedicated his life to his son's development, took a second job driving taxis at night to support his son's fledgling career. Often, he would spend several days' salary on tennis apparel for his son.

Mark's aggressive style of play soon helped him dominate Australian tennis and burst onto the international scene. By 1999, Mark had cracked the Top 10 in the world, becoming a household name and premiere target for sponsors almost overnight.

Mark turned professional in 1994. The next year, at the age of 19, he was the youngest player in the history of the sport to end the year in the top 50. In 1996, he upset Pete Sampras in the Australian Open, and in 2003, Mark advanced to the final at Wimbledon to face Roger Federer. Currently, he is in training to return to the professional tennis circuit this summer.

A self-professed "adrenaline junkie," Mark has a penchant for all things fast -- horses, planes, motorcycles and cars. He's an avid surfer and skydiver, and he is on route to get his pilot's license.

All of Mark's success hasn't insulated him from the pitfalls of love. The lifestyle thrust upon him by his success -- the travel, the instability -- prevented him from solidifying a recent relationship. Through it all Mark keeps his positive outlook on life. He jokes that he is currently in a healthy, committed relationship -- with Kia, his 4-month old Rottweiler puppy. "It's the perfect relationship," he claims, "she doesn't ask where I've been and she's always there for me."

Mark's ready for all of that to change. He has found a home in Las Vegas, Nevada and is at a turning point in his life. For the first time, Mark feels that he has achieved enough stability to invite someone into his life and into his heart.

"Age of Love" is produced by 3 Ball Productions. JD Roth ("The Biggest Loser," "Beauty and the Geek"), Todd A. Nelson ("The Biggest Loser," "Beauty and the Geek") Adam Greener ("Unan1mous") and Craig Armstrong ("Survivor," "Super Nanny") are executive producers.

# # #

MEDIA CONTACTS:
David Gardner, NBC Entertainment Publicity, 818/840-6591, davidh.gardner@nbcuni.com

Drew Shane, NBC Entertainment Publicity, 818/840-3548, drew.shane@nbcuni.com

onewoman74
05-11-2007, 04:45 PM
I'll probably watch just beacuse it's Mark P. If it was anyone else I wouldn't watch.

Richard_from_Cal
05-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Richard_from_Cal
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006014,00.html

. she is a cutie!
If I could find that picture contrast where the girl's legs are crossed in one photo, and alongside the other...her legs are open and the man between them is proffering an engagement ring, I would...instead

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mba/lowres/mban403l.jpg..http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mba/lowres/mban396l.jpg
....and then there's the lucky guy that's playing (or getting played by) Eva Longoria:
http://diamondsnews.com/images/eva_longorias_engagement_ring.gif

My 'luck' or appeal, even with the offered ring, is more like the former two images, than the latter one.=8^(

Even with the idea being generated by somebody other than Mark, I would get another publicist. ...but I wish him well...oh, yeah!

Fumus
05-11-2007, 06:04 PM
This is not a good sign.

hahaha

smitty8
05-11-2007, 11:37 PM
"31-year-old Australian tennis superstar Mark Philippoussis will attempt to find true love among women ranging in age from 21-48 in this unique series based on the current phenomenon of younger men dating older women. Philippoussis will date 13 women from two very different groups -- the "Kittens," six fun, enthusiastic women in their 20's, and the "Cougars," seven beautiful, sophisticated women in their 40's."

Damn, I'm not that much older than him, how about trying a few gals in their 30s? I can pass for my 20s, so where do I sign up? :devil:
I still can't believe he'd do this. Ever. And how many reality show couples last? :rolleyes:

almouchie
05-11-2007, 11:50 PM
is he that desperate?
he love life is as long as the posts on MTF
hehe

Sunset of Age
05-12-2007, 12:06 AM
It's rather sad to see what some people are willing to do to get back into the limelight/earn money for whatsoever.

Mr. Phillippoussis said it so well himself, never having had any woman of his age before at all. Too busy banging groupies? I guess so. :confused: :cuckoo:

There's more in life than sheer looks, dear. Time for this guy to find out this fact! :angel:

Mimi
05-12-2007, 03:14 AM
may be he is running out of monies ? :tears:

oh Mark P, can you take me, even i am old and fat, lol :inlove: :nerner:

Fee
05-12-2007, 04:21 AM
http://www.nbcumv.com/release_detail.nbc/entertainment-20070510000000-nbc039s039age.html

All of Mark's success hasn't insulated him from the pitfalls of love. The lifestyle thrust upon him by his success -- the travel, the instability -- prevented him from solidifying a recent relationship. Through it all Mark keeps his positive outlook on life. He jokes that he is currently in a healthy, committed relationship -- with Kia, his 4-month old Rottweiler puppy. "It's the perfect relationship," he claims, "she doesn't ask where I've been and she's always there for me."

Mark's ready for all of that to change. He has found a home in Las Vegas, Nevada and is at a turning point in his life. For the first time, Mark feels that he has achieved enough stability to invite someone into his life and into his heart.

Wasn't he engaged before? Did they break up because he didn't invite her into his life and his heart? CLASSIC.

I love that this starts the same day as Wimbledon qualies (which Mark is on the early entry list for). And which non-cable network will carry Wimbledon coverage? NBC.

yomike
05-12-2007, 06:32 AM
That's just sad, reality dating shows are the worst of the bunch.

zethand
05-13-2007, 03:36 AM
Ladies and Gentleman some facts about this crap!
1. He is not shy otherwise he wouldnt be here
2. This is not for love or sex... THIS IS FOR MONEY!!! HE MUST EAT, and his family as well.

get lost Philippoussis!!

Forehander
05-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Ladies and Gentleman some facts about this crap!
1. He is not shy otherwise he wouldnt be here
2. This is not for love or sex... THIS IS FOR MONEY!!! HE MUST EAT, and his family as well.

get lost Philippoussis!!

exactly. Like i pointed before it's killing two birds with one stone!!! You get the chicks and the money at the same time. Later on you don't like the chick? Just dump her like dumping Delta Goodrem and create another media explosion so he seeks another chance to rake in gold again!!! In fact... This is a vicious cycle:

Media--> Chix & Gold --> Dump --> Media --> Chix & Gold etc...

Economically thinking he's generating the best value out of all that he owns (an economic surplus). He's very smart to do this.

nicole_s
05-17-2007, 12:48 PM
so,did he found his love on tv?

ljubicic_
05-17-2007, 12:56 PM

Possible. He has money, a reason for a girl to love a man

cedez
05-17-2007, 05:27 PM
You have GOT to be kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deboogle!.
05-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Maybe I don't know much about Gavin Rossdale's game, but that's how Philippousis is trying to get his game back for Wimbledon??Well, he's "okay" but certainly nowhere near a pro level :haha: :haha: :haha:

This is all just way too much. Poor Flip. :haha:

Chris Seahorse
05-17-2007, 11:50 PM
On a positive note, I rate Mark Philippoussis's chances of finding true love substantially higher than I rate his chances of returning to the ATP top 100. Perhaps Philippoussis will take solace in this. Then again perhaps not.

Fee
05-18-2007, 01:35 AM

The show doesn't actually begin until June 18th.

goldenlox
05-18-2007, 02:02 AM
Age of Love hits NBC in June
Posted May 11th 2007 4:01PM by Adam Finley
Filed under: Other Reality Shows, Celebrities

Last month, Bob mentioned a new reality show for NBC called Age of Love. Now we have some information on the new series.

Age of Love, which premieres June 8 at 10:00 p.m., centers on Melbourne tennis champion Mark Philippoussis (age 31) as he's wooed by a group of thirteen special ladies. What Philippoussis doesn't know is that these women range in age from 21 to 48. Will he go for one of the younger gals, or will he become smitten by someone more mature?

To add a touch of misogyny to the whole shebang, the young women will be referred to as "Kittens" and the older women will be referred to as "Cougars." Do you hear that loud rushing sound? That's the sound of decades of feminine progress being flushed down the toilet.

Of course, these women chose to be on this show, but why not just take it that one extra step and have them all wrestle naked in a gigantic bowl of Jello and see who comes out the victor? I guess "Age of Love" just sounds better than "Primetime Catfight," though I would argue the latter is a more fitting title.

goldenlox
05-18-2007, 02:07 AM
http://www.nbc.com/Summer/Age_of_Love.shtml

Forehander
05-18-2007, 04:50 AM
I See Philipousis Going For The Win!!!! The winner is obviously going to be a 48 years old princess!!

This is going to be wrong lol. Think about it. All the match-making shows such as Average Joe, There's Something About Miriam, The Bachelor etc etc... The participants all have the privilege to spend time with their "PRIZE" (which is Mark in this case) in like swimming pool, candle light dinners and all these different ROMANTIC/ENERGETIC/CHEERFUL SETTINGS to know each other better!!! In another words he's not only going to make out with girls aged 21 (10 years younger... lets just say that's OK), BUT HE'S GOING TO MAKE OUT WITH 48 YEAR OLDS!!!! NOW THAT'S WRONG!!! Good Luck Mark hope you find your true love buddy.

Bilbo
05-18-2007, 05:12 AM
if he would have loved tennis like he love women i would be fine :tape:

clandis
05-18-2007, 09:07 AM
I saw a clip of him being interviewed for "Access Hollywood", I think, about the show. I'll have to watch to see if he can keep a straight face.:D :D

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
05-18-2007, 08:16 PM
oh no doubt Mark will be a good husband and a wonderful father, allez... ticket for one boy and one girl. :bigclap:

Tennis Fool
05-20-2007, 01:08 AM
I just saw the promo for this on NBC :help:

CmonAussie
05-20-2007, 01:37 PM
:wavey:
:cool: :devil: :) :eek:
Mark Scud Flip Poo doesn`t mind making a fool of himself on TV~~ & it`s kind of refreshing [couldn`t do it myself though:angel: ]..

Anyway if you want a laugh check out Mr.Charisma/Humorous Philippoussis:cool:
Go to the link & watch the video below:

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2007/05/meet_mark_philippoussis.html

Chaos Inc.
05-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Clearly part of his master plan to one day take over the Playboy Mansion

when old fart Hef bites the big one(pun intended).

yomeK
05-29-2007, 02:04 AM
He's going to be starring in a reality TV show called The age of Love on NBC. :o It's a dating show. :o

Don't know if this has already been posted.

savesthedizzle
05-29-2007, 02:07 AM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=5328408#post5328408

But if I see another commercial for this on TV :smash: I'm sick of it already. :rolls:

El Legenda
05-29-2007, 02:24 AM
last night was first time i saw the ad for this :lol: cant believe it :lol: what is it about? he is dating some women in their 20's and some in their 40's?

savesthedizzle
05-29-2007, 02:25 AM
last night was first time i saw the ad for this :lol: cant believe it :lol: what is it about? he is dating some women in their 20's and some in their 40's?

If you were watching Miss Universe you would be overwhelmed with them tonight. :tape: :lol:

Yeah, half the women are in the 20s and half in their 40s and the point apparently is to prove that age doesn't matter. :lol:

cartmancop
05-29-2007, 02:34 AM
I bet he picks a young one :devil:

If it was really about age not mattering he would be romancing 65 year olds :lol:

Mimi
05-29-2007, 04:14 AM
agreed, who would pick a 40's if you have a 20's to choose :p

If it was really about age not mattering he would be romancing 65 year olds :lol:

El Legenda
05-29-2007, 05:22 AM

wont be suprised, considering he had a 17year old g/f last year.

Tennis Fool
06-18-2007, 02:44 PM
I don't know about this :unsure:
__________________________________________________ ________________________
Old Enough to Be His Sister
On the 'Age of Love' Opener, Smoke but No Sparks
By Jennifer Frey
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, June 18, 2007; C01

On NBC's (not so) new reality dating show, "Age of Love," there is a group of 40-something women who get called "desperate" and "pathetic" and have their breasts described as "saggy" by a group of 20-somethings who come across -- at least in the first episode -- as vapid and wildly catty. And they're doing all of this for what?

Why, to win a relationship with a past-his-prime tennis star known for sulking, fighting with his fellow Aussies on the tour, and maybe or maybe not cheating on a long-term girlfriend with Paris Hilton (he denies that in this week's People).

There had better not be any access to Google in the standard-issue luxury pad where NBC is putting these ladies up, because one whirl of the search engine on this guy might send them home of their own volition.

Or maybe not. Maybe they're just in it for the 15 minutes of fame, to heck with the prize at the other end.

That prize would be Australian tennis pro Mark Philippoussis, a 30-year-old who is supposedly looking for love after more than a decade of hard partying, and exclusively (by his own admission) dating only women younger than he. Though he does have a really great head of hair.

Philippoussis admits from the get-go that "I've been perceived as something of a playboy," but says he's looking forward to meeting the "girls" -- then tries mightily not to look thrown when the seven women he meets the first night are all significantly older (one even has a 25-year-old son). Clearly, all the women were instructed to tell Philippoussis their ages at the first meeting for maximum shock value, though one is brazen enough to make him guess and he gamely says 36 or 37 to a woman a decade older than that.

(Next week, perhaps someone will ask if she looks fat in these pants, and Philippoussis can provide a service to men everywhere by demonstrating how not to answer that question.)

The show is hosted by Mark Consuelos, also known as Mr. Kelly Ripa, and in his on-camera interviews Philippoussis makes brilliant comments like, "I'm learning a little more not to judge a book by its cover" and "I'm out of my comfort zone." At least, he was out of his comfort zone, right up until the end of the first hour, when the 20-somethings appear, all posed like Charlie's Angels, with backs arched and arms thrown over their heads to maximize the cleavage factor. For the first 24 hours, Philippoussis -- and the older women -- are all led to believe that the first seven ladies are his only options, and their only competition.

Billed at the outset as "the ultimate dating experiment," "Age of Love" is so chock-full of cliches it's comic. We get references to crow's-feet, and so many tick-tocking biological clocks you wonder if the show has a fertility doctor on retainer. The 20-somethings entertain themselves in their apartment by playing with a hula hoop in as little clothing as possible. The 40s? You've got one reading a book, one doing laundry and one working on her needlepoint.

The oldest candidate is 48; the youngest 21. (One of the 40-somethings is technically 39, but, hey, big difference. She's still "old" in this universe.) NBC has nicknamed the two groups the "Cougars" and "Kittens." Just go ahead and guess which is which. And the formula is pretty much like "The Bachelor," only without the roses and with all those pesky frown lines. Philippoussis gets to go on "dates" to determine whom to keep and whom to send home. In the first episode, he makes three of the older women rappel down the side of a building to find out whether they can keep up with him.

Really, we kid you not.

Age of Love (60 minutes) premieres tonight at 9 on NBC.
http://a330.g.akamai.net/7/330/23382/20070617224527/www.variety.com/graphics/photos/reviewa/rageoflove.jpg

http://www.nbc.com/Age_of_Love/photos/

tennis2tennis
06-18-2007, 03:21 PM
i'd watch if i could

holagirl56
06-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Who's watching this tonight? I am!

(Seriously, Mark Philippoussis? Tennis star extraordinaire.)

clandis
06-18-2007, 04:01 PM
I have to work, but I'm going to tape this train wreck.

Tennis Fool
06-18-2007, 04:16 PM
I have to work, but I'm going to tape this train wreck.

Does this mean the end of Flip's tennis career? I wonder how he got involved with this?

However, I'd love the sequel starring Nastya Myskina :hearts:

Forehander
06-18-2007, 04:30 PM
can we have a thread about this age of love thing? I am in australia but we dun get to watch it lol. I wanna see! Keep us updated! I really want a 40+ year old to win!!! That'll be hilarious!

Sofyaxo
06-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Funny, he didn't know there were going to be older women, and they showed a clip of one of them saying she was 46 or something. The look on his face, priceless.

This is totally going to be a youtube watch for me.

tennis2tennis
06-18-2007, 05:10 PM
CLICK 2 WATCH PREVIEW (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dno3BslOhWE)

gillian
06-18-2007, 05:19 PM
This sounds really painful.

smitty8
06-18-2007, 05:53 PM
I just wrote a note to remind myself to watch/record this. Should be interesting. :eek:

tennis2tennis
06-18-2007, 06:06 PM
the guy must have offically retired there's no way he'd show his face on the locker rooms after that performance

Fee
06-18-2007, 06:17 PM
No, he plans to be at the Hall of Fame tournament after Wimbledon to defend his title.

My husband has very firm orders to tape this for me, or risk serious bodily injury when I return home. This might be the biggest trainwreck in reality TV history!!!!

holagirl56
06-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Will the world's most eligible tennis star find love with a woman in her 20's or a woman in her 40's?

According to NBC.

2moretogo
06-18-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm embarassed to say that I love a good train wreck so I'll be watching. (At least for the first couple of episodes)

Heather1229
06-18-2007, 08:33 PM
There was an interview with him on a local radio station this morning, it was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. They clearly had no clue about anything having to remotely do with tennis and then felt the need to make him sound like the greatest tennis player ever. When was the last time he even played a match on tour?

I will however watch tonight, haha!

Fee
06-18-2007, 09:28 PM
A year ago, when he won Newport. He played a few after that, including some Challengers, then injured himself at the Hopman Cup in January.

fedsfan1
06-18-2007, 09:59 PM
OH Flip.................WHY????? :rolleyes:

He will be a bigger joke on tour after this show than Vinny the Rapper!!! ;)

One of the previews I read had him winning the AO....:eek: idiot journalists can't even get the facts straight but we all knew that already.

I will be watching every juicy minute....:devil: :)

savesthedizzle
06-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Only 13 minutes to go :dance: I am so excited for this :rolls: I have been looking forward to laughing at him all day :D

smitty8
06-18-2007, 11:58 PM
I can't wait to see how uncomfortable he is tonight. Should be fun. :devil: An hour to go!

savesthedizzle
06-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Only 13 minutes to go :dance: I am so excited for this :rolls: I have been looking forward to laughing at him all day :D

Someone was over excited. :lol: I forgot about Deal or No Deal. :rolls: Okay so still an hour to go.

Rumour
06-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Just a reminder that Age Of Love premieres tonight at 9 ET on NBC... Unfortunately it's up against Hell's Kitchen on Fox, as I feared, so I'm going to have to decide which one gets demoted to my VCR - it works fine but TV recording results in poor picture quality playback that I can't complain to the cable company about because of my unauthorized hookup...

2moretogo
06-19-2007, 01:08 AM
Ummm, forget Mark P., Mark C. is a hottie!!!!

goldenlox
06-19-2007, 01:13 AM
All I can say is :lol: :lol:

smitty8
06-19-2007, 01:15 AM
I am :haha: at the looks on his face when the older ladies tell him their age!

2moretogo
06-19-2007, 01:15 AM
His facials expressions are priceless. He's like, wtf? Next ones got to be younger, right?:o To the one who asked him to guess her age.

savesthedizzle
06-19-2007, 01:16 AM
I cannot even tell you the number of times I have laughed out loud already.

It started somewhere around them saying he was the man every woman dreams of, continued when they said he was in the prime of his career, and kept going through that woman meeting him and saying "Hi! I like tennis! I played in high school! I really do like tennis!"

Tennis Fool
06-19-2007, 01:17 AM
Flip:

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

smitty8
06-19-2007, 01:18 AM
I was laughing at the beginning when they said he was in the "prime" of his career. Yeah, if he was, he wouldn't have time to do this show.

smitty8
06-19-2007, 01:18 AM
Wow, that smile left his face fast when she told him she was 41.

sigmagirl91
06-19-2007, 01:19 AM
Come on, Mark, give older women a try. You haven't had much luck with the young 'uns.

smitty8
06-19-2007, 01:20 AM
The "oh shit" look is too much! :worship:

2moretogo
06-19-2007, 01:21 AM
This is hilarious! He is soooo uncomfortable! Hands are in his lap like he doesn't wanna touch any one. Oh shush Mark P, you are in a lot of trouble.

sigmagirl91
06-19-2007, 01:22 AM
Flip:

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

For real though! He's just giving all these funny facial expressions to all the older women! I know it's not something he's used to, but he needs to get over himself.

savesthedizzle
06-19-2007, 01:22 AM
This is the best thing I think I have watched on TV all year. :rolls:

Rumour
06-19-2007, 01:23 AM
Philippoussis is a reality show producer's dream in that he isn't capable of hiding his emotions at all. The expressions on his face as he keeps meeting the older women...

:confused: :unsure: :scratch: :eek: :awww: :spit: :tape: :sad: :tears: :hysteric: :help: :bolt:

smitty8
06-19-2007, 01:24 AM
I don't think he bargained for divorced older ladies with kids almost as old as he is! :eek: I think a few of those ladies look really good for their age.

Tennis Fool
06-19-2007, 01:25 AM
For real though! He's just giving all these funny facial expressions to all the older women! I know it's not something he's used to, but he needs to get over himself.

He's only used to dating children, how else would you expect him to act? :rolleyes: ;) If he doesn't like the women, he can always sic his puppy doberman on them :p

On a side note, some of these women could use a good dentist :help:

savesthedizzle
06-19-2007, 01:26 AM
I don't think he bargained for divorced older ladies with kids almost as old as he is! :eek: I think a few of those ladies look really good for their age.

They do. Some of them look around 10 years younger I think. I work with a woman who is 47, is actually a grandmother, and looks about 35 ;) A lot of them remind me of her. :lol:

smitty8
06-19-2007, 01:26 AM
Uh oh, the cattiness starts!

CassL
06-19-2007, 01:27 AM
:lol: This is pure trainwreck. Love it.

smitty8
06-19-2007, 01:28 AM
They do. Some of them look around 10 years younger I think. I work with a woman who is 47, is actually a grandmother, and looks about 35 ;) A lot of them remind me of her. :lol:

Honey, I am almost 35 and someone told me she thought I was 19 last week! :worship: My mother was the same way, it's the genes. I am wondering if certain ones have had some work done or it's natural.

savesthedizzle
06-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Honey, I am almost 35 and someone told me she thought I was 19 last week! :worship: My mother was the same way, it's the genes. I am wondering if certain ones have had some work done or it's natural.

One of them looks to me like she's experimented with some botox ;)

smitty8
06-19-2007, 01:30 AM
Ah, a foursome date. Hmmm. Should be interesting. What are they going to do?

Rumour
06-19-2007, 01:32 AM
One of them looks to me like she's experimented with some botox ;)
Yeah, one of the blonde ones :tape: But at least four or five of them really look pretty good, I can only hope I hold up as well the next decade or two...

CassL
06-19-2007, 01:32 AM
the 40 year olds are better looking than the 20 year olds.

savesthedizzle
06-19-2007, 01:33 AM
Yeah, one of the blonde ones :tape: But at least four or five of them really look pretty good, I can only hope I hold up as well the next decade or two...

That's the one ;) :lol:

Yup, I hope so too. :lol:

2moretogo
Yeah, some of the women do look like they had work done. But overall I think they look pretty good. Anyhoo, this date should be interesting.

Tennis Fool
The "host" looks suspiciously like he could be Flip's cousin.

Rumour
That first 20s girl? Eww :silly:

savesthedizzle
06-19-2007, 01:34 AM
the 40 year olds are better looking than the 20 year olds.

At least that one 20 year old they keep showing saying "You got to be kidding me" :rolls: She is not attractive. :lol:

smitty8
06-19-2007, 01:35 AM

Agreed. All I have to do is look at what my own mother (she was definitely a MILF) looked like at 40 to know what I'm going to look like because we look almost exactly alike. Hell, I don't even have a wrinkle yet. :p
Ok, show is back from commercial. Uh oh, the young'uns.

CassL
06-19-2007, 01:37 AM
oh god, it's another Average Joe...but then, I totally loved that crap.

Rumour
At least that one 20 year old they keep showing saying "You got to be kidding me" :rolls: She is not attractive. :lol:
We are so totally on the same page :yeah: - there should be a twins icon or something here ;)

smitty8
Even at 20 you couldn't get me to go down the side of a building. I'm a wimp! :eek:

knight_ley
06-19-2007, 01:38 AM
i haven't stopped laughing since this fiasco began :lol:.

CassL
the brunettes on this date all look really good for their age..

savesthedizzle
We are so totally on the same page :yeah: - there should be a twins icon or something here ;)

:yeah: :lol:

savesthedizzle
06-19-2007, 01:39 AM
i haven't stopped laughing since shit fiasco began :lol:.

Same, lol. Guilty pleasure of the summer that I don't feel guilty about. :)

StatBoy3
06-19-2007, 01:42 AM
This show is awful. I hate myself for watching this.

smitty8
I hope someone captures frames of this, I want an "oh shit" face for my next avatar. :angel:

savesthedizzle
This show is awful. I hate myself for watching this.

Embrace it for the train wreck that it is :) :hug:

2moretogo
06-19-2007, 01:46 AM
The problem is, this is a bit of like mother/son date.

OMFG!!!! I hoola hoops! gotta love it!

smitty8
06-19-2007, 01:46 AM
Good lord, these 20somethings are already driving me nuts. :rolleyes:

savesthedizzle
06-19-2007, 01:47 AM
Oh yes, because all 20 year olds hula hoop in bikinis in their spare time. That's what me and my friends do all the time.

These girls are crazy.

StatBoy3
A 23 year old in "surgical sales" with an obvious boob job. Brilliant. :lol:

smitty8
So are they eliminating when only 3 of them went on the date? So not fair!

savesthedizzle
06-19-2007, 01:48 AM
A 23 year old in "surgical sales" with an obvious boob job. Brilliant. :lol:

smitty8
06-19-2007, 01:49 AM
stupid commercials :mad: Get on with it!

smitty8
06-19-2007, 01:50 AM
Oohh, live chat with Mark! Where did they say?

savesthedizzle
06-19-2007, 01:51 AM
Oohh, live chat with Mark! Where did they say?

Missed it. :lol: Getting a drink/snack for the Dateline interview following this amazing television experience ;)

mamasue
06-19-2007, 01:52 AM
Just rewound. Said to log on now to nbc.com

And there it says live blog after the show.

2moretogo
06-19-2007, 01:54 AM
yeah, but speaking of boob jobs, nearly all of these 40s have them soooo...

savesthedizzle
06-19-2007, 01:54 AM
Dang that's a short dress. :lol:

smitty8
06-19-2007, 01:57 AM
http://blog.nbc.com/age_of_love/

smitty8
Oh, not her! That's not who I thought would go.

savesthedizzle
Haha omg so many questions, so little time. :lol:

savesthedizzle
06-19-2007, 01:58 AM
Only one leaves? I want Botox to go. :sad: But she's not down there. :scratch: I don't get this show.

2moretogo
06-19-2007, 01:58 AM
Ummm, expected result. lol.

Rumour
06-19-2007, 01:59 AM
That 20s girls end reveal with their silly poses? :rolleyes:

smitty8
06-19-2007, 02:03 AM
yeah, but speaking of boob jobs, nearly all of these 40s have them soooo...

I think it's a requirement, lol.

Marek.
06-19-2007, 05:36 AM
The "host" looks suspiciously like he could be Flip's cousin.

He's Kelly Ripa's husband and he co-hosted Regis and Kelly this morning with her. He said that one time when they were at a restaurant in New York some one walked up to him and told him how great he played at the US Open today. :lol: I don't even think he's six feet tall!

fightingducky
06-19-2007, 08:39 AM
argh. i forgot to watch it. oh well.

kristanmichelle
06-19-2007, 12:31 PM
I cannot believe he did this show.

CmonAussie
06-19-2007, 04:39 PM
I was laughing at the beginning when they said he was in the "prime" of his career. Yeah, if he was, he wouldn't have time to do this show.

Yeah I think we all know Scud`s tennis career is on the wane:sad:
Still if he`s fit & motivated [no more knee surgery] he could get another 3-years;)
More likely though this is just the beginning of Philippoussis`s TV career:eek:
Expect to see Mark on some cheesy American soap opera within 12-months:devil:
Then a few years down the track he`ll probably join the seniors tour & mix it with Sampras, Courier etc..:cool:

Forehander
06-19-2007, 05:00 PM
I think it's a requirement, lol.

:haha::haha::haha: AGREED :haha::haha::haha:

kristanmichelle
06-19-2007, 05:49 PM
In the intro Flip was said to be in the prime of his career. I thought, "Do they mean 'tennis career?' There is no way!"

From the parts I watched, this seemed to be the run of the mill reality TV shows that are rather boring. I will probably avoid this in the future; but Flip doing it is funny.

Tennis Fool
06-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey, how come my version of this thead got moved to NT and this one gets to stay :(
Can you at least combine mine into this one?

holagirl56
06-19-2007, 06:21 PM
I cannot believe he did this show.

He's probably making more money from NBC than from playing tennis. :p

Mark, you make me LOL.

Tennis Fool
06-19-2007, 06:23 PM
It's annoying when the original thread didn't get moved into NT and that's where everyone went and I didn't know :( :tape:

Anyway, interesting ratings figures:

Age of Love: 4.8
French Open final: 1.8

So, it's possible that more people know about Flip than ever heard of Federer or Nadal :tape: :tape:

peacechick
06-19-2007, 06:38 PM
There's a really funny article about it on Espn: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=alipour/070615

Anyway, I found the torrent so I'm gonna go watch this and laugh my ass of :lol:

holagirl56
06-19-2007, 06:55 PM
The ONTD post that I stumbled upon:

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/13187090.html

Metis
06-19-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't know people. After watching the preview I regreted wasting even those few minutes :lol:. I am severely allergic to shows like that no matter who plays in them. Maybe I would change my mind if those women were replaced by ATP players :haha:.

tennis2tennis
06-19-2007, 07:05 PM
I don't know people. After watching the preview I regreted wasting even those few minutes :lol:. I am severely allergic to shows like that no matter who plays in them. Maybe I would change my mind if those women were replaced by ATP players :haha:.

wow not that would be worth watching....
i can turn a lesbian straight would be cool, with him trying to win over amelie!

Metis
06-19-2007, 08:48 PM
wow not that would be worth watching....
i can turn a lesbian straight would be cool, with him trying to win over amelie!

Amelie's reaction when they tell her she has to participate in the show:

http://www.lahora.com.gt/06/11/08/textos/deporte/i6a.jpg http://www.rtl.nl/sport/rtl_sport/components/tennis/images/402x258WTAMadrid_01.jpg
http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/299512.jpg

Peta Pan
06-20-2007, 01:53 PM
can we have a thread about this age of love thing? I am in australia but we dun get to watch it lol. I wanna see! Keep us updated! I really want a 40+ year old to win!!! That'll be hilarious!

Well there was a big article about it in paper in the Melbourne newspaper this morning so I assumed it would be shown at some point.. I didn't look closely enough to know for sure though because I cringed at it and wasn't planning on watching :help:

Tennis Fool
06-26-2007, 12:54 AM
Undoubtably the 2nd episode with trump all ratings of Wimbledon in the US...

smitty8
06-26-2007, 01:01 AM
Undoubtably the 2nd episode with trump all ratings of Wimbledon in the US...

:haha: :haha:
It's starting. Darn, I'm dubbing something downstairs right now that I thought would be done by now but it isn't, so I need to go upstairs where I'm recording luvely Mark and his hussies.

Tennis Fool
06-26-2007, 01:11 AM
NBC showed a repeat of the 1st episode, to the chagrin of the "Deal, No Deal" crowd :P

Tennis Fool
06-26-2007, 01:12 AM
Flip:

Two-time Slam champion turn pornstar.

smitty8
06-26-2007, 01:18 AM
Flip:

Two-time Slam champion turn pornstar.

lmao!

For some reason, I'm having problems posting tonight, too many people trying to access or whatever.
These 20somethings are irritating the hell out of me. Too ditzy.

Tennis Fool
06-26-2007, 01:21 AM
These 20somethings are irritating the hell out of me. Too ditzy.
Really. I liked how the blonde with the biggest grapefruit said she had high moral standards :unsure:

Marc said he was instructed to stare at their eyes and he really concentrated more than he did in some tennis matches. :rolls:

Tennis Fool
06-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Ok, Afro Flip on roller skates :bolt:

knight_ley
06-26-2007, 01:29 AM
Too much.... :lol:

smitty8
06-26-2007, 01:32 AM
Ok, Afro Flip on roller skates :bolt:

That cracked me up! Now some of the outfits they put the older ladies into, well, were a bit revealing. :eek:
Oh, and the one young girl crying her eyes out about something, I don't even know what the hell she was upset about, I must've missed that part.

Tennis Fool
06-26-2007, 01:39 AM
Too bad the players can't get this show as direct feed from Wimbledon. For instance, this could be great stress relief for Carlos and Tim :)

Smitty: The girl was upset because she didn't get enough one-on-one time with the Scud ;)

smitty8
06-26-2007, 01:43 AM
Too bad the players can't get this show as direct feed from Wimbledon. For instance, this could be great stress relief for Carlos and Tim :)

Smitty: The girl was upset because she didn't get enough one-on-one time with the Scud ;)

Ooohhh, that's why she was crying, poor baby. :rolleyes:
So what's next for Flip? Playgirl? :devil:

azinna
06-26-2007, 01:48 AM
This thread is more entertaining than the show.

I think the lady with the 25-year old son is on her way out. He's thinking about the punch he'll get when he shows up on her doorstep.

smitty8
06-26-2007, 01:50 AM
This thread is more entertaining than the show.

Agreed. Your avatar is more entertaining than this show. :rolleyes:

Tennis Fool
06-26-2007, 01:52 AM
I wish Scud would show some of that personality on the court.

smitty8
06-26-2007, 01:52 AM
Can they drag this on any longer? :o
Oh, brb, I have to take the quiz and see if I'm compatible (spelling?) to Marky-Mark. :p

smitty8
06-26-2007, 01:56 AM
http://www.nbc.com/Age_of_Love/Game/compatibility/

azinna
06-26-2007, 02:03 AM
Well, never again. In fact, I'm thinking about deleting my 2 posts in this thread, to erase all evidence of a past or present connection to this show. Too bad Mark can't do the same....

smitty8
06-26-2007, 02:04 AM
"You scored 30 out of 40
You seem like a great gal, but you and Mark are not meant to be. Try again!" :sobbing:
Well, that was interesting. :bs:

El Legenda
06-26-2007, 02:08 AM
who went out tonight, 20 or 40? i was playing tennis :lol:

azinna
06-26-2007, 02:14 AM
who went out tonight, 20 or 40? i was playing tennis :lol:

I would answer, BHF, but I'm supposed to be erasing all traces of my viewership....oh well: 1 each of the Kittens and Cougars were axed.

Sofyaxo
06-26-2007, 02:24 AM
32 out of 40
Game, set, and match! With your adventurous spirit and winning charm, you and Mark can ace any situation together.

I know you're all jealous don't hide it. ;) :o :lol:

Fee
06-26-2007, 08:17 AM
Interesting or scary fact:

Justin was one of the final men considered for this show.

Saumon
06-26-2007, 09:17 AM
he's not with Corina anymore?

Fee
06-26-2007, 09:26 AM
No, they broke up last summer. He's been with someone else since late December (which may be why he couldn't do the show).

marina988
06-26-2007, 11:17 AM
28/40.......Not that interesting! :)

azinna
06-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Interesting or scary fact:

Justin was one of the final men considered for this show.

Which Justin? Gimelstob? Scary. Definitely scary.

smitty8
07-03-2007, 12:59 AM
Anyone else still watching this show? Or am I the only one? New episode about to start.

Tennis Fool
07-03-2007, 01:21 AM
Who cares about Wimbledon when you can watch Flip in "Choose a Skank"? This is probably what got Mario into trouble...

smitty8
07-03-2007, 01:39 AM
Who cares about Wimbledon when you can watch Flip in "Choose a Skank"? This is probably what got Mario into trouble...

I'm recording it and watching a history show, that tells you something, lol.

smitty8
07-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Ok, I saw the end, next week should be interesting with ALL the ladies that are left living together. I forsee a few catfights.

scoobs
07-03-2007, 02:01 AM
LMAO - there's a title that gets to the heart of the matter. I wish they could have used that instead...

Tennis Fool
07-03-2007, 02:12 AM
LMAO - there's a title that gets to the heart of the matter. I wish they could have used that instead...

Summary of next week's episode:

Mark: "Can I kiss you?"
Mark: "I'm sorry, I just don't feel a love connection."

CassL
07-03-2007, 02:25 AM
Ugh, Mark is seriously FUG. Why do these beautiful women subject themselves to this (other than that they're desperate)? And it seems next week, Mark will be whoring himself to every one of them.:rolleyes:

El Legenda
07-03-2007, 03:23 AM
once again i missed it, who was cut? :lol:

celia
07-03-2007, 04:40 AM
once again i missed it, who was cut? :lol:

the only Black girl :-(

Rumour
07-24-2007, 02:02 AM
Just wanted to bump this to state that things are really getting interesting now that it's down to the last few candidates... Every woman is now revealing their true inner bitch :devil: even in front of Mark. The 20s are acting childish and needy :baby: partly due to the older women's mind games :aplot: :secret: but some of the 40s are also starting to unravel :explode: Meanwhile Philippoussis gets to grope :hug: and smooch :smooch: the lot at any and every opportunity... Between Age Of Love and Hell's Kitchen, I've got my 'guilty pleasure' summer reality fix all sorted :o

smitty8
07-24-2007, 02:08 AM
Just wanted to bump this to state that things are really getting interesting now that it's down to the last few candidates... Every woman is now revealing their true inner bitch :devil: even in front of Mark. The 20s are acting childish and needy :baby: partly due to the older women's mind games :aplot: :secret: but some of the 40s are also starting to unravel :explode: Meanwhile Philippoussis gets to grope :hug: and smooch :smooch: the lot at any and every opportunity...

Well said! :yeah:
This week was better than last week, guess the alcohol helped. :drink: I'm actually amazed he didn't let more than one go this week, but whatever. Is next week the last show? The preview kinda made it seem to be. A definite guilty pleasure, except I don't like watching other people kiss, for some reason it just makes me gag. :shrug:

sawan66278
07-24-2007, 02:14 AM
All I can say is that: Mark Philippoussis is a complete loser....

Its amazing how the "mighty" have fallen. Roger won his first slam against this guy...and both were competing for their first slam title. Roger won...and is on his way to becoming perhaps the most accomplished player ever. Mark Philippoussis? The star of lame reality television program...:eek: Pathetic, absolutely pathetic...

This man may very well be the most wasted talent in the history of tennis. This show confirms it for me.

Rumour
07-24-2007, 02:23 AM
This week was better than last week, guess the alcohol helped. :drink: I'm actually amazed he didn't let more than one go this week, but whatever. Is next week the last show? The preview kinda made it seem to be. A definite guilty pleasure, except I don't like watching other people kiss, for some reason it just makes me gag. :shrug:
Didn't catch the preview so I'm not sure what's happening next week but I doubt it's the finale as there's still quite a few left. The drama this week was pretty intense, especially considering that other girl who was constantly crying buckets :bigcry: was already gone (already forgotten her name)... As for Mark getting it on with all of them, I find it totally hilarious :lol: especially when it gets girls like Amanda so wound up :armed: Seriously though, does he plan on going back on the tennis tour soon after this show? Can only imagine the reception he'll get :tape:

P.S. For some reason this show just makes me go all crazy with the emoticons :crazy:

Tennis Fool
07-24-2007, 02:34 AM
Accidentally caught both eps tonight after swearing off the show last week.

Crying Mary is gone (like she ever had a chance). It was like the Blair Witch Project the second hour. :eek: that Johanna is gone. I thought she'd be in the Top 2. I'm not sure if what Amanda said was true, but stupid Mark just took her word for it. I think he really shows his preference for the "20s" by taking Amanda's word and keeping Megan.

I wonder if uncensored clips of the "mooning" will show up on You Tube.

azinna
07-24-2007, 04:14 AM
Accidentally caught both eps tonight after swearing off the show last week....

{cough, cough...ahem}

tennisluckyfree
07-24-2007, 04:32 AM
:haha: this show is hilarious!!!!

Any guess on who Mark'll choose at the end??

Allure
07-24-2007, 04:33 AM
Mark is not exactly ugly. But I don't think he's ''gorgeouos'' as the other women said either.

El Legenda
07-24-2007, 04:38 AM
damn, i missed the show for 5th week in row :lol:
how many bitches left?

tennisluckyfree
07-24-2007, 04:42 AM
damn, i missed the show for 5th week in row :lol:
how many bitches left?

5 at the moment. 4 after tonight! :p

Fee
07-24-2007, 05:41 AM
The show was shot in April, so if Mark actually seriously ended up with one of these women, it would seem he had to sign an agreement not to be seen in public with her until the last episode aired. That's a great way to keep a new relationship going.

He'll probably end up with Amanda. If that is the case, I give them 3 months tops.

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
07-24-2007, 12:27 PM
duh boop boop... la mercedes of Mark Philippoussis :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/pix-perso/philippoussismercedes.jpg

smitty8
07-24-2007, 02:28 PM
I wonder if uncensored clips of the "mooning" will show up on You Tube.

Oh, that would be interesting! I forgot about that, it was hilarious!

Tennis Fool
08-07-2007, 01:12 AM
Well, the finale is tonight...Will Mark choose Amanda (26) or Jen (48)?

Up next, they meet the Flip family...(including tennis dad???)

savesthedizzle
08-07-2007, 01:13 AM
If he doesn't pick Amanda, I will be very surprised :p

scoobs
08-07-2007, 01:15 AM
Oh this.

Well whoever watches, let us know if MarkyPoo finds his "love connection"

savesthedizzle
08-07-2007, 01:15 AM
Oh we will :)

mangoes
08-07-2007, 01:24 AM
I don't think there is anyone who thinks for one second that he didn't pick the younger woman:lol: :lol: :lol:

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 01:31 AM
Well I like Jen better than Amanda.

I liked Amanda for a long time for Mark.

But she's just become so clingy. I actually feel sorry for him if he picks her because she's going to be one high maintenance chick. :lol: Mark - why aren't you paying more attention to me? Mark - why are you looking at that girl? Mark Mark Mark... Poor guy.

And Jen is so classy and mature. :shrug:

musefanatic
08-07-2007, 01:36 AM
:lol: This is crazy :lol: We had sommats like this once in england with this bloody thing called Mr right, with this guy being called right or whatever. Anyway he ended up getting married to the presenter and had a kid with her, then getting divorced. Ulrika johnson btw :roll: So if they presenter is a female, which i bet she is, then watch this space :p

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 01:59 AM
Bad decision Mark. :lol: He was so much more compatible with Jen. He went with the age. I give them like 6 months.

mangoes
08-07-2007, 02:03 AM
Bad decision Mark. :lol: He was so much more compatible with Jen. He went with the age. I give them like 6 months.

Mark is quite shallow himself. NicoFan, I can't believe you thought he'd consider the older woman:lol: :lol: :lol: I'd be plum shocked if they even reach 6 months:lol: :lol:

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 02:08 AM
Mark is quite shallow himself. NicoFan, I can't believe you thought he'd consider the older woman:lol: :lol: :lol: I'd be plum shocked if they even reach 6 months:lol: :lol:

From the beginning I figured he'd take Amanda just because she's beautiful.

But then about two weeks ago, I had hope that he could be less shallow and pick the woman with some class and some style.

But I was wrong. :haha:

But he'll probably regret it after the first week. When Amanda is clinging on to him and he feels like he can't breathe. :lol: Can you imagine her at tournaments with all the groupies around???????????? And models and stars around Mark????????????????? She's going to freak... :lol: She couldn't even handle the competition with a 48-year-old. ;) :lol:

Actually now that I think about it - Jen just dodged a bullet... :lol:

Fee
08-07-2007, 05:09 AM
Jen dodged a bullet for sure. But I doubt that she is sitting home alone these days. She can't be that hard to find considering they listed her as the 'assistant to Lakers owner Jerry Buss' a few hundred times. She is smart and attractive, and I wouldn't be surprised if she gets her own show!

As I stated in my last post, I give Mark and Amanda 3 months. She was so star struck by him and so clingy, I don't think she can put up with his life. I don't think he will be able to put up with her either unless she is completely different than she comes across on TV.

Smart move not introducing them to Nick P. They both would have begged to be on the next plane home. ;)

Mimi
08-07-2007, 06:39 AM
mark :inlove: :inlove: :drool:

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Jen dodged a bullet for sure. But I doubt that she is sitting home alone these days. She can't be that hard to find considering they listed her as the 'assistant to Lakers owner Jerry Buss' a few hundred times. She is smart and attractive, and I wouldn't be surprised if she gets her own show!

I doubt she's sitting home alone either. Any man with half a brain would want a woman like her. And since only the well connected and very well off would be able to use the Jerry Buss connection to meet her, she's probably sitting very pretty right now with a good looking, wealthy man. :yeah: :lol:

smitty8
08-07-2007, 12:38 PM
You know, I tried to record it last week when I was at the Washington tournament and the cable messed up and I recorded an hour of blankness. And I totally forgot about last night. I'm not surprised he picked Amanda. I saw it coming. Now we see how long it lasts. Are we taking bets yet? I give them 6 months at most.

Devotee
08-07-2007, 09:37 PM
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=17183&bannerregion=

from TennisWeek
Philippoussis Considers New Reality
07/24/2007

Former Wimbledon finalist and current "Age of Love" TV star Mark Philippoussis may match his tennis and television careers in a reality TV show chronicling his latest tennis comeback.
The 30-year-old Melbourne native, who has been training in Las Vegas with Gil Reyes, Andre Agassi's fitness trainer, and Sargis Sargsian, former ATP pro and Agassi's friend and frequent practice partner. Philippoussis (http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=17080&bannerregion=)told Australian radio personality Alan Jones (http://www.2gb.com/index.php?option=com_homepage&id=1&Itemid=44) he has been contacted by producers expressing interest in a reality show.
"I've been approached by a couple of people from American TV," Philippoussis told in comments published by The Herald Sun's Leo Schlink. "They want to do a reality documentary on me about my comeback in tennis. I don't know if that's going to happen, but that's something that they want to do."

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Ceri
08-07-2007, 09:42 PM
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=17183&bannerregion=

from TennisWeek
Philippoussis Considers New Reality
07/24/2007

Former Wimbledon finalist and current "Age of Love" TV star Mark Philippoussis may match his tennis and television careers in a reality TV show chronicling his latest tennis comeback.
The 30-year-old Melbourne native, who has been training in Las Vegas with Gil Reyes, Andre Agassi's fitness trainer, and Sargis Sargsian, former ATP pro and Agassi's friend and frequent practice partner. Philippoussis (http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=17080&bannerregion=)told Australian radio personality Alan Jones (http://www.2gb.com/index.php?option=com_homepage&id=1&Itemid=44) he has been contacted by producers expressing interest in a reality show.
"I've been approached by a couple of people from American TV," Philippoussis told in comments published by The Herald Sun's Leo Schlink. "They want to do a reality documentary on me about my comeback in tennis. I don't know if that's going to happen, but that's something that they want to do."
. . . . . . . . . . . .
;) unfortunate turn of phrase...

Devotee
08-07-2007, 10:30 PM
;) unfortunate turn of phrase...

don't know if I'll bother to watch this one, if it does come to pass :rolleyes:

~EMiLiTA~
08-30-2007, 04:03 PM
i just finished watching the last episode of this today (it was shown later in australia)...DAMN i'm so pissed he chose that clingy Amanda. Jen was so much more classy and mature. he is so blinded by age :(

Forehander
08-30-2007, 05:17 PM
this was fixed right? I mean 48 was the older cougar there was and she made it to the finals? come on now lol

Burrow
08-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Glad he never went with the Granny, that's sad.

Forehander
08-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Glad he never went with the Granny, that's sad.

he has already taken enough advantage of the granny anyway :P

Rumour
08-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Yesterday, during USA's tennis coverage when the commentators brought up Age Of Love, I heard that he'd been offered a USO wild card but turned it down - seems like that would have been a great opportunity if Philippoussis was truly serious about a comeback, televised or not.