Davydenko beat Starace 46 62 75... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Davydenko beat Starace 46 62 75...

W!MBLEDON
05-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Impressive performance by Mashed Potatoes but Davydenko pulled through.

yana
05-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Where did this hot italian hide till now? Sei bellissimo, Starace!
I must say, italians and spaniards are pretty hot people...:hearts:
Good luck next time, though!

W!MBLEDON
05-10-2007, 05:56 PM
What the deuce...? Scoreboard said Kolya won but now it's back to Ad-Davydenko on Starace's second serve, match point? :retard:

TheBoiledEgg
05-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Kolya.......... :yeah:
made it a real struggle but what a match :bolt:

sodman12
Good match. That drop volley on match point was nasty. too bad he ran out of gas at 5-6.

TheBoiledEgg
What the deuce...? Scoreboard said Kolya won but now it's back to Ad-Davydenko on Starace's second serve, match point? :retard:

it finished about 10 mins ago on TV

Kitty de Sade
05-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Where did this hot italian hide till now? Sei bellissimo, Starace!
I must say, italians and spaniards are pretty hot people...:hearts:
Good luck next time, though!

That is a brilliant opinion, IMO. :)

Congrats to Kolya!

Aww...Potito, next time then. :hug:

mangoes
05-10-2007, 06:01 PM
I enjoyed the match. Nice match point to end things.

scarecrows
05-10-2007, 06:03 PM
typical Davydenko, tanking the MM 1 week before to do well in the Masters :lol:

nolop
05-10-2007, 06:03 PM
potito :haha: :haha:

Clara Bow
05-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Pretty entertaining stuff and it was nice that the match ended on a high quality point. Davy sure tried to get out of the stadium quick after the match. :lol:

Starace did a good job today, in particular after he looked like he was out of gas. I always get jarred watching him because he looks a lot like a college boyfriend of mine did back in the day.

goldenlox
05-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Good to see Davydenko playing well with RG coming up.

FluffyYellowBall
05-10-2007, 06:41 PM
I wanted this to go to a final set TB but i was so proud of daydenkos ability to keep the crowd oblivious to him especially in the last game. So solid and these are the small things that seperate the top 5 from the rest.

Champion number 1
05-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Starace played very well and was only beaten by Davydenko playing to his highest abilities in the final 2 sets. I hope Starace can continue his form of the last few weeks for the rest of the season.

Jimnik
05-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Well done Davydenko, didn't get intimidated by the crowd at all. Played a good typical aggressive match which ultimately was too good for the in-form Potato.

Scotso
05-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Nikolay :D really held his nerves.

Kolya
05-11-2007, 03:09 AM
Great win from Kolya, Starace was always going to give him some trouble.

C'mon now beat Boredo!!!

Action Jackson
05-11-2007, 06:20 AM
Good match especially the last set, but the PMK held his nerve and Starace was struggling at the end. Good to see the crowd chant his name after the match.

krystlel
05-11-2007, 06:43 AM
Yeah, I really liked how the Italian crowd acknowledged Starace's efforts at the end. He really fought hard in that last set and made Davydenko come up with the goods, which he did. It was a good match and there were some great rallies towards the end.

kinglear
05-15-2007, 06:28 PM
So is Starace good on other surfaces besides clay? I've never seen him play until this clay court season. He seems to hit relatively flat for most of the time. I would think it would do well on hardcourts. Also, do you think Starace will play well in Slams after this clay court run he's been on?

Tom_Bombadil
05-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Davydenko passed, that's the important thing. I have to say I would love to see the match Rafa Kolya during Hamburg. I'm curious as to what should happen.

I'm sure Rafa would crush him, but I guess that's only faith.

The_Nadal_effect
05-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Kolya had some carbs!

Champion number 1
05-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Starace can be reasonably decent on Hard, but nothing special. He should be a top 50 player soon though.

Mateya
05-15-2007, 06:45 PM
So is Starace good on other surfaces besides clay? He seems to hit relatively flat for most of the time. I would think it would do well on hardcourts.

:retard: :spit: :haha:

I dont know what you saw, but in Valencia he was hitting the ball about a meter above the net with massive topspin. His serve is all kick too (~160km/h), no penetration at all (little better than Volandri).
He can crack that forehand harder, but I think he is clay-only for now...

Champion number 1
05-15-2007, 07:01 PM
:retard: :spit: :haha:

I dont know what you saw, but in Valencia he was hitting the ball about a meter above the net with massive topspin. His serve is all kick too (~160km/h), no penetration at all (little better than Volandri).
He can crack that forehand harder, but I think he is clay-only for now...

Indeed this is more true, although Starace hasnt been a disgrace on hard courts.

This year at AO he pushed Chela (who is very good on hard) to difficult sets even if it were straight sets.

Also beat Hrbaty and A. Martin in the Sunrise Challenger before losing to Massu and won 1 round at Miami before losing to Almagro.

Obviously hes better on clay, much better, but hes not immune to hard court.

goldenlox
05-15-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how Kolya plays at RG

kinglear
05-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Indeed this is more true, although Starace hasnt been a disgrace on hard courts.

This year at AO he pushed Chela (who is very good on hard) to difficult sets even if it were straight sets.

Also beat Hrbaty and A. Martin in the Sunrise Challenger before losing to Massu and won 1 round at Miami before losing to Almagro.

Obviously hes better on clay, much better, but hes not immune to hard court.

Oh ok thanks for the info. From the match that I saw, Starace's shots look "relatively" flat. Maybe his shots look much flatter compared to Nadal's somersaulting balls. :rolleyes:

Champion number 1
05-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Oh ok thanks for the info. From the match that I saw, Starace's shots look "relatively" flat. Maybe his shots look much flatter compared to Nadal's somersaulting balls. :rolleyes:

Depends on the game... Starace plays flat shots, but when he is under pressure he plays alot of top spin and high percentage shots.