Federer "I don't know if you can say I was playing shockingly" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer "I don't know if you can say I was playing shockingly"

Byrd
05-10-2007, 04:46 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6643225.stm

"I don't know what's wrong. I have to analyze it myself," said Federer. "It
was over too soon for me today.

"I need to get back on the practice courts instead of the match courts.

"On clay you need to be solid, and I wasn't. I don't know if you can say I was playing shockingly, but I was making a lot of mistakes, serving badly - giving him second serves all the time.

"It sometimes happens, but usually I get through. And Volandri played well."

How about rewatching the match Fed :rolleyes:

Kitty de Sade
05-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks for posting. Interesting take on it...food for thought. :)

Just Cause
05-10-2007, 04:51 PM
"but usually I get through".....:lol:...lol....:rolleyes:.

Allez
05-10-2007, 04:51 PM
"I played shocking," was Federer's brutal assessment of his own performance.

"I just couldn't get into the game. I was serving horrendous, and you don't get any free points on clay if you are not serving well.

"It is very disappointing to go out at this stage of the tournament, but it does happen in tennis.

"Everyone's talking about me, but give credit to Filippo. He played a great match."

Asked if he could take any positives from his shock exit, Federer replied: "It gives me more time to practise for the French Open."

Sunset of Age
05-10-2007, 04:57 PM

Rogi... :hug: :hug: :hug:

"Everyone's talking about me, but give credit to Filippo. He played a great match."

And here's the reason why I still love the guy as much as I do. He's a real class act, whatever happens. :worship:

Pfloyd
05-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Rogi... :hug: :hug: :hug:

And here's the reason why I still love the guy as much as I do. He's a real class act, whatever happens. :worship:

His nice-ness is just a show.

FedFan_2007
05-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Roger, you disgust me with your regression on clay. It is an absolute JOKE that Nadal will not be the #1 seed at Roland Garros.

W!MBLEDON
05-10-2007, 05:04 PM
"but usually I get through".....:lol:...lol....:rolleyes:.

What the fuck was the point of that post? He DOES usually get through. He was telling the truth. -__-; ffs. :retard:

GlennMirnyi
05-10-2007, 05:06 PM
What the fuck was the point of that post? He DOES usually get through. He was telling the truth. -__-; ffs. :retard:

Don't bother with JC.

FedFan_2007
05-10-2007, 05:08 PM
At this point, you can right off Roger the rest of the year. He won't win Wimbledon, US Open or any other titles for that matter. His mind is shot, see Wilander post 1988 for clue.

GlennMirnyi
05-10-2007, 05:09 PM
At this point, you can right off Roger the rest of the year. He won't win Wimbledon, US Open or any other titles for that matter. His mind is shot, see Wilander post 1988 for clue.

:retard:

Eden
05-10-2007, 05:09 PM

What do you mean?

Of course he must be very disappointed - more than he would probably show -, but he always respects his opponent.

W!MBLEDON
05-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Don't bother with JC.

You'd just assume that, after 500 posts, he'd have at least one shred of intelligence... :help:

Shabazza

Of course. You know the real Federer, the ugly, mean and nasty one, the one he never shows. He can deceive his friends, his peers and everyone he's together with and hide his ugly self. But you, oh mighty one, you who hasn't spoken to him or even met him more than a couple of minutes can see right through him. Down to his ugly mean spirited heart.
Let me praise you. :bowdown:

W!MBLEDON
lol Shabazza :lol: :yeah:

GlennMirnyi
05-10-2007, 05:14 PM
You'd just assume that, after 500 posts, he'd have at least one shred of intelligence... :help:

Mate, it's Just Cause, not adee-gee or Blaze-2004. They do have their "1 in a million decent post", JC doesn't. ;)

Sunset of Age
05-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Of course. You know the real Federer, the ugly, mean and nasty one, the one he never shows. He can deceive his friends, his peers and everyone he's together with and hide his ugly self. But you, oh mighty one, you who hasn't spoken to him or even met him more than a couple of minutes can see right through him. Down to his ugly mean spirited heart.

:yeah:
Fed-hatred knows no boundaries, again. Sigh.

Sunset of Age
05-10-2007, 05:21 PM
^^ :haha: :haha: :haha:

Thanks for the laugh, J'torian. Excellent job.

Kitty de Sade
:yeah:

Exactly the sentiment that prompted me to put it in the first line of my signature. Fed will always be a lightning rod for blind hatred, no matter what he does.

EDIT: J- god bless you and your refreshing sense of humor. :lol: :yeah:

W!MBLEDON
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/rogistopheles.jpg

:spit:

Shabazza
05-10-2007, 05:22 PM

There's the proof. He's the devil I tell'ya. But where is his tail and more important, is it as hard as in the smiley. :aplot: :tape: :angel:

trivfun
05-10-2007, 05:28 PM

Wilander's problem was that drugs started to creep in and that is because Wilander couldn't handle being a target with his style of play that was baseline tennis which was very mentally taxing because it was so basic. However when you become successful, opponents gear up and study you more. That is what happened to Mats.

Roger problem is confidence in the early stages of a match because he has so much more variety than Mats did. That is one advantage of baseliners, they have that but they are more susceptible to burn out. Roger won't burn out but his lack of confidence could overwhelm him.

RonE
05-10-2007, 05:29 PM

As is a certain other player's "humbleness" :)

Eden
05-10-2007, 05:51 PM

I'm not surprised anymore about this. Unfortunately it is always better to stay away from GM on a day when Roger loses.

mangoes
05-10-2007, 05:51 PM

What Lafuria?? Unlike someone else, he didn't pay Volandri a compliment then talk about being injured.

mangoes
05-10-2007, 05:53 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CyBorg
05-10-2007, 06:10 PM

Oh, no. Federer doesn't cause a circus after a loss, which means he's certainly being fake and not genuine at all!

Retard.

CyBorg
05-10-2007, 06:14 PM
There is nothing that Federer can say. The guy has struggled all spring and frankly he is allowed. He is human.

There is plenty of time for the French Open. I'm not overly optimistic about his chances but even then he doesn't owe it to anyone to win it.

If we look at the past French Open winners they typically come into the tournament on a winning wave. There are some exceptions like Albert Costa in 2002. But typically there were early signs (pre-tournament) that the player would have an excellent chance of winning. This is not happening with Federer. The momentum is not with him. Regardless of what happens with Nadal.

Roger does have the ability to surprise. He's done it often. Stranger things have happened.

FedFan
05-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Here is Rogers post match Interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=703VQ7xbwik

Tom_Bombadil
05-10-2007, 06:39 PM
I think he must be very confused. A lot of already stablished concepts of his tennis life are beginning to change I mean. So maybe he's not so sure of what is that particular concepts he needs to readjust and what ones he needs to mantain.

I mean, maybe the Nadal issue is correct. Maybe he's focusing on the French and it's thinking on the way he needs to play to overcome Nadal. And maybe in that proccess of changes he needs to learn what concepts to readjust and those that need to be mantained. And in that proccesss he'll lose, it's inevitable. But, for all the people who are dismantling Roger right now, let's wait till the French. If he disapoints in the French (dissapoint being other thing than winning it or losing to Nadal in the final), we could judge more fairly.

By the way, being this his least favorite surface, I think he has a lot of season to being what he used to be.

Veronique
05-10-2007, 06:52 PM
He's going to win Hamburg next week and all this will be forgotten.

lisaplenske
05-10-2007, 07:17 PM
"I need to get back on the practice courts instead of the match courts.

sorry but what does that mean??:confused:

he needs matchs before RG,and he practiced before Rome,so how can you lose to someone like volandri?.He has to play,play,play.He will play Hamburg right?

craighickman
05-10-2007, 07:24 PM

"I just couldn't get into the game. I was serving horrendous, and you don't get any free points on clay if you are not serving well.

"It is very disappointing to go out at this stage of the tournament, but it does happen in tennis.

Asked if he could take any positives from his shock exit, Federer replied: "It gives me more time to practise for the French Open."

But didn't he say that "I don't know if you can say I played shockingly" as well as "I played shocking". I didn't realize both things could be true.

Marek.
05-10-2007, 08:36 PM
He's going to win Hamburg next week and all this will be forgotten.

Hopefully, but there's no guarantee. Who says Nadal won't be there?

feuselino
05-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Hopefully, but there's no guarantee. Who says Nadal won't be there?

He'll win it regardless of who is there. Roger likes playing in Germany and has won Hamburg three times already. He will bounce back, I am sure!

jazar
05-10-2007, 08:57 PM
cut the crap rog, just come out and say what everyone already knows. you played shit. accept it.

holagirl56
05-10-2007, 09:01 PM

Best. Fan. Ever.

I think I'll go and "right" off Roger for the rest of the season now.

Yappa
05-10-2007, 09:06 PM
He'll win it regardless of who is there. Roger likes playing in Germany and has won Hamburg three times already. He will bounce back, I am sure!

Nadal could win a lot of points, if he were to play there. And hostly, I expect him to do that.This should be interesting, because Federer doesn't want to lose in Hamburg, I am sure.

cmurray
05-10-2007, 09:06 PM
his form is off, no doubt....but clay has never been his best anyway - we saw him struggle on hards - you had to know that if his form kept up like it was, clay was going to be VERY VERY difficult. He shouldn't have lost to Volandri. I don't care WHAT he says in his interview, he gift-wrapped that match - all Volandri had to do was not fuck it up.

FSRteam
05-10-2007, 09:19 PM
cut the crap rog, just come out and say what everyone already knows. you played shit. accept it.

He said he did, just listen to the interview before talking bullshit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=703VQ7xbwik

ASP0315
05-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Nadal could win a lot of points, if he were to play there. And hostly, I expect him to do that.This should be interesting, because Federer doesn't want to lose in Hamburg, I am sure.

Nadal won't play in hamburg.:lol: He had enuogh practice on clay so i expect him to play at FO directly.

ASP0315
05-10-2007, 09:35 PM
BTW Roger handled the press very well and also he is true gentleman. :hatoff:

MariaV
05-10-2007, 09:40 PM

Oh of course, we have established already that Roger will never win a tennis match again and should retire immediately. :help: :rolleyes: :rolls:

Pfloyd
05-11-2007, 03:27 AM

It was more than Obvious that Federer was abysmal in this match.

He was just being diplomatic.

Tnn74
05-11-2007, 09:01 AM

:retard: He loses a match to Volandri and that justifies "writing" him off??? :rolleyes: and I'm sure you are the founder of the FedFan_2007 fan club because he's ONLY won 10 grand slams and should be written off by the tennis world for the rest of the year because of a lousy loss on clay... :confused:

...despite the poor performance and massive unforced errors, he still had more winners than Volandri fyi...

Even as a Nadal fan, I have to say the only thing despicable are people like you who label themselves "fans" and only jump the bandwagon when
Roger is living up to his status as possibly the best ever... sure, he lost a few matches that maybe he should have won with his eyes closed, but that hardly takes anything away from him as the world's number 1 and still a giant step above the rest :worship:

I'm sure he appreciates your "loyalty" :yeah:

yomike
05-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Federer has been let off the hook quite a few times the past few years, I guess now he's realized he can't win matches anymore shanking backhands by a mile.