Best Set Of Tennis I Have Seen This Year [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Best Set Of Tennis I Have Seen This Year

Iván
05-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Monte Carlo Masters

Marat Safin (Russia) 6-0 Vliegen Kristof (Belgium)

1st Set

And of course Marat went on to lose the match( Sums up his comeback to the tour)

But what i saw in this set was absoloute genius( Vliegen is no Mug) he made him look like a amateur.

I will never understand the brain of Marat Safin- Has money gone to his head? Has the knee injury he suffered ruined his confidence for good? Or has he become to damn lazy and does not give a fuck anymore?

We will never know...........

But all i can say Is- i sat down with a nice cup of tea (Milk with two sugars) and was in awe of the guy in that set. He was awesome.

Drop shots-were perfect

Backhand was sweet

Forehand was level above Fed

Serving was Immnese

Whoever saw this set of tennis can confirm my thoughts, in this form he is the one to end Rafas run.

pascal'rG
05-10-2007, 12:26 PM
The match in davis cup against PHM was at very high level too...

Safin has the game but he doesn't have the confidence or the motivation except in dc and it's very sad to see...

neme6
05-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Fed-Roddick australian open, semi-finals.

Andre♥
05-10-2007, 12:41 PM
You clearly didn't see Federer vs Roddick 2nd set (AO) or Nadal vs Vliegen 1st set (MC)...

disturb3d
05-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Meh, Safin is no genius. He never disects angles or changes pace. The guy just hits medium-fast paced crosscourt balls in search for errors.
If he gets a weak reply during the rally, he does absoultely nothing about it.

Safin is a ball machine, probably the worst strategist in the top 100.
But his physical stats and consistent strokes will always keep him in this sport.

ReturnWinner
05-10-2007, 12:47 PM
wow then you have not seen too much tennis

Iván
05-10-2007, 01:00 PM
I dont care you guys..

Safin was awesome...

It proved what a genius he can be...

He played perfect tennis in that set.

The set alone gives me hope for Marat

Norrage
05-10-2007, 01:04 PM
the best set of tennis I have seen are the 6 sets Gonzo played vs Haas and Nadal...Fed, Safin or whoever don't come close.

leng jai
05-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Meh, Safin is no genius. He never disects angles or changes pace. The guy just hits medium-fast paced crosscourt balls in search for errors.

But his physical stats and consistent strokes will always keep him in this sport.

Safin a ball machine, thats a new one.

:retard:

sodman12
05-10-2007, 02:29 PM

Ummm no. consistent strokes. The guy can hit winners from anywhere you put him on the court. I'm glad you have a different take on it but what your saying just is not correct.

Iván
05-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Safin has it all---

He just needs a reason to win these days