Is Fed Anywhere Close to Beat Nadal on Clay? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is Fed Anywhere Close to Beat Nadal on Clay?

nolop
05-09-2007, 11:10 PM
i think he is more far away than ever right now:lol:, last year he had his chances:shrug:

nolop
05-10-2007, 03:26 AM
wha do ya think? :(

Kolya
05-10-2007, 04:01 AM
He is closer than anyone else.

silverarrows
05-10-2007, 04:01 AM
@ nolop: Why are you mad? Do you know that your topic is VERY NEW? :rolleyes:

Forehander
05-10-2007, 04:08 AM
Rome he does seem a "little" closer. But on the other clay courts I must say it's a big nono.

rafa_maniac
05-10-2007, 04:13 AM
Eh, he COULD get close, if he played a pretty much flawless agressive match, but then again, so could a lot of players. Generally speaking though, he seems to be losing ground, and really now can only hope Nadal has a less-than-stellar day at Rome where the courts are fastest.

mashamaniac
05-10-2007, 07:56 AM
i believe if fed can't beat raf in rome,he'd never be able to beat him at least only on clay! on grass raf is a lil too closer than anyone else to beat fed! but on clay this weekend's final would make clear all the questions!

garad
05-10-2007, 08:27 AM
i believe if fed can't beat raf in rome,he'd never be able to beat him at least only on clay! on grass raf is a lil too closer than anyone else to beat fed! but on clay this weekend's final would make clear all the questions!

Lol Nadal is nowhere near to close to beat Federer on grass.

Federer can beat Nadal on clay, providing he tunes up his game to Shanghai levels and sorts out his mental block. It seems that he intends to peak just before the French..

mashamaniac
05-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Lol Nadal is nowhere near to close to beat Federer on grass.

Federer can beat Nadal on clay, providing he tunes up his game to Shanghai levels and sorts out his mental block. It seems that he intends to peak just before the French..

hey mate just remember last year's W?? rafa despite not being that good on grass but still got one set off fed and he could have won the 4th set too,to make it a very tough fifth-setter:eek: so this year rafa will definitely improve on grass and next two years would be so so harder for fed to maintain his unbeaten record on grass!

t0x
05-10-2007, 09:22 AM
hey mate just remember last year's W?? rafa despite not being that good on grass but still got one set off fed and he could have won the 4th set too,to make it a very tough fifth-setter:eek: so this year rafa will definitely improve on grass and next two years would be so so harder for fed to maintain his unbeaten record on grass!

Mate the fourth set would of been 6-1 bar a mini-choke from Federer.. Nadal was never going to win.

Fed could beat Nadal on clay, but he'd need to play his utter most best. And he seems very mentally fragile against Nadal, so I don't think he'll be able to right now.

Andre♥
05-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Federer should have won the RG final after the 1st set. Then he started playing like a journeyman in the 2nd set and never recovered, excluding when Nadal was serving for the match at *6:5, where he actually went to the net and easily broke Rafa...

jenanun
05-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Mate the fourth set would of been 6-1 bar a mini-choke from Federer.. Nadal was never going to win.

Fed could beat Nadal on clay, but he'd need to play his utter most best. And he seems very mentally fragile against Nadal, so I don't think he'll be able to right now.

if nadal didnt choke when serving for the 2nd set, it could have been a 5 setter...

but you are right, nadal was not going to win that match anyway.....

SaFed2005
05-10-2007, 01:42 PM
I think Federer is getting further and further away from beating Nadal on clay which sucks becuse I like Federer a lot. The past few tournaments where he played, I have no idea where his FH went. He keeps hitting one UE after another on that side. I actually think his BH has gotten better. It's too bad his FH seems to have dissapeared.

Billabong
05-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Well for sure if we compare Nadal with the Federer of today, it's like comparing Donald Young and Sampras on grass:o.. Worst set I've seen from Fed in a looong time..

Lori42
05-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Not if he plays like he is right now against Volandri

LeChuck
05-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Hell no

anon57
05-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Not the way he's playing now that's for sure

Byrd
05-10-2007, 03:31 PM
No, hes not even close to Roddick right now.

Sunset of Age
05-10-2007, 03:33 PM
If he's playing there like he did today he'd be happy to get past the first round.

nolop
05-10-2007, 06:09 PM
and now he lose to volandri :lol:
perfect timing for this thread :cool: