James Blake is nothing but a choker!!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

James Blake is nothing but a choker!!!!

historystupid
05-09-2007, 05:44 PM
I like him, (he's my favorite player actually) but he's such a choker. I've seen a million times when he missed a serving-for-match chance or set points and eventually lost that set or even the whole match.

He was 5-4, up a break, when playing Agassi in 2005 US OPEN QF and choked that and lost the match.

He was up 5-4 with one more break in the Roland Garros 3rd round against Gael Monfils in the fourth set, lost three games in a row, lost that match.

He was serving for the match in the second set of the 2006 Hamburg 4th round against Ancic, lost three games in a row. Also served for the match in the third set, missed it once more, and lost that match in tie-break.

He got two set points against world number one - Roger Federer!!! - in the first set of 2006 US OPEN, lost that set, and the whole match.

He was up a break in the final set of Shanghai Round-Robin against Tommy Robredo, lost three games in a row and that match, even though he still advanced.

He got three set points in the first set of 2007 AO OPEN agaist Gonzalez, missed all of them, and three games in a row, and that set. He was up 4-1 in the second lost 5 games in a row, and said goodbye to the second set.

And now, he got a break up at 5-4 in the first set against Massu, missed the chance, and lost in the tie-break. The second was even more unforgivable. He was up 5-2, and lost 5 games in a row once more. Lost a match that could have ended up at 6-4,6-3. What a great job you've done, James!!!!!

By the way, I didn't mention those ones he choked but won at last, or the record would be even more splendid. Can anybody please tell me, how can a player achieve things with that kind of mental strength?

James is my favorite player, the second one is not anyone but Marat Safin. Why are all the players that I like the greatest chokers in the world? Damn!!!!!!!

Andre♥
05-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Sorry, but since I am a Blake hater, I can nothing but laugh.

But you're not alone. I'm a Mathieu fan! :tape:

tennis2tennis
05-09-2007, 05:56 PM
I like him, (he's my favorite player actually) but he's such a choker. I've seen a million times when he missed a serving-for-match chance or set points and eventually lost that set or even the whole match.

He was 5-4, up a break, when playing Agassi in 2005 US OPEN QF and choked that and lost the match.

He was up 5-4 with one more break in the Roland Garros 3rd round against Gael Monfils in the fourth set, lost three games in a row, lost that match.

He was serving for the match in the second set of the 2006 Hamburg 4th round against Ancic, lost three games in a row. Also served for the match in the third set, missed it once more, and lost that match in tie-break.

He got two set points against world number one - Roger Federer!!! - in the first set of 2006 US OPEN, lost that set, and the whole match.

He was up a break in the final set of Shanghai Round-Robin against Tommy Robredo, lost three games in a row and that match, even though he still advanced.

He got three set points in the first set of 2007 AO OPEN agaist Gonzalez, missed all of them, and three games in a row, and that set. He was up 4-1 in the second lost 5 games in a row, and said goodbye to the second set.

And now, he got a break up at 5-4 in the first set against Massu, missed the chance, and lost in the tie-break. The second was even more unforgivable. He was up 5-2, and lost 5 games in a row once more. Lost a match that could have ended up at 6-4,6-3. What a great job you've done, James!!!!!

By the way, I didn't mention those ones he choked but won at last, or the record would be even more splendid. Can anybody please tell me, how can a player achieve things with that kind of mental strength?

James is my favorite player, the second one is not anyone but Marat Safin. Why are all the players that I like the greatest chokers in the world? Damn!!!!!!!

I know what u mean its an equation of potential versus execution!

but i don't think i'd classify marat and blake in the same mould, marat's a former world number 1 with 2 slams to his name, marat isn't a choker more of a temperemental player, blows hot and cold!

Blake certainly doesn't choke against nadal, but in all honesty the man doesn't possess any talent or skill that makes you expect alot from him in the first place,he's more of a blue collar grinder....
unlike Richard Gasquet or fabrice santoro who have the skills but lack the mental know how, i.e. choker!

Rosa Luxembourg
05-09-2007, 06:03 PM
If memory serves me correctly, he is also a cheater.

CmonAussie
05-09-2007, 06:21 PM
On a fast hardcourt BLAKE is one of the Top-4 talented current players!!
Last year Blake finally fulfilled some of his potential [5-titles + TMC & IW finals]...
However for most of his career James has indeed been one of the biggest Chokers/Underachievers!!!

KrisJB
05-09-2007, 06:28 PM
James was roughly cheated at 5-4 30-0!!!

Alx
05-09-2007, 06:37 PM
James was roughly cheated at 5-4 30-0!!!
:rolleyes:
The umpire checked the mark and said the ball was out. So the ball was out.

dylan24
05-09-2007, 06:56 PM
james is a clown
always has been and always will be

Mateya
05-09-2007, 07:06 PM

:spit: :retard: Please, Marat is not a bit of a choker.

His 5-set record is just amazing and he is one of the best big-match players. When the match is there to be won, he wins it.

henree
05-09-2007, 07:24 PM
This thread is a total failure. :o :rolleyes: :wavey:

nolop
05-09-2007, 07:29 PM
blake just beated himself:shrug:

The_Nadal_effect
05-09-2007, 07:43 PM
james is a clown
always has been and always will be

He's one of the few gentlemen left in the tour. Perhaps, he needs to be more aggresive, no?

The Freak
05-09-2007, 08:55 PM

Blake won the 4th set against Monfils.

Andre♥
05-09-2007, 10:25 PM
He's one of the few gentlemen left in the tour. Perhaps, he needs to be more aggresive, no?

Blake a gentleman? :eek:

SBruguera
05-09-2007, 10:54 PM
I think there are different levels of chokers. A guy with 9 ATP titles can´t be a total choker.

ChinoRios4Ever
05-10-2007, 12:22 AM
every player chokes (at least one time in his carrer) :o

if Blake is a COMPLETE choker, who the heck he's in the top 10???

Pigpen Stinks
05-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Sorry, but since I am a Blake hater, I can nothing but laugh.

But you're not alone. I'm a Mathieu fan! :tape:

It'll never come to it, but a Blake-Mathieu Slam final would certainly be interesting....especially if it came down to a 5th set. :D

GlennMirnyi
05-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Safin = choker
Blake = mega choker
Mathieu = ultra choker

ASP0315
05-10-2007, 01:03 AM

add these ones to your list :lol:

DC Tie against gonzalez he lead 2 sets to love and served for the match at 5-4 in the third but lost the set in tie break and also he blew a 4-1 lead in the fifth set eventually lost it.

Against Karlovic in San Jose. blake was serving for the match at 5-3 30-0 in the second set but lost 4 straight points and blew 5 mps in the second set tiebreak.(including one of the mps on his own serve.) and eventually ended up losing 6-7 7-6 6-4

ASP0315
05-10-2007, 01:04 AM
every player chokes (at least one time in his carrer) :o

if Blake is a COMPLETE choker, who the heck he's in the top 10???

through cheating. :p

GlennMirnyi
05-10-2007, 01:04 AM
There's the Ramirez-Hidalgo incident last year too.

ASP0315
05-10-2007, 01:07 AM
There's the Ramirez-Hidalgo incident last year too.

oh yeah i forgot about that.:lol: he lead something like 5-2 in the third set and lost it in TB.

GlennMirnyi
05-10-2007, 01:10 AM
oh yeah i forgot about that.:lol: he lead something like 5-2 in the third set and lost it in TB.

Exactly. I hope someone remembers that clearly, but I think he served for the match twice.

ServeAlready81
05-10-2007, 01:17 AM
He's a choker, but less of a choker in 2007 than he was pre-summer 2005.

Forehander
05-10-2007, 07:31 AM
Blake is a Harvard Student. So maybe that's why.

historystupid
05-10-2007, 11:31 AM
add these ones to your list :lol:

DC Tie against gonzalez he lead 2 sets to love and served for the match at 5-4 in the third but lost the set in tie break and also he blew a 4-1 lead in the fifth set eventually lost it.

Against Karlovic in San Jose. blake was serving for the match at 5-3 30-0 in the second set but lost 4 straight points and blew 5 mps in the second set tiebreak.(including one of the mps on his own serve.) and eventually ended up losing 6-7 7-6 6-4

Thanks. They make me feel even more sorrowful...

historystupid
05-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Blake won the 4th set against Monfils.

My fault. It was in the third and he lost it in tie-break. After all, this is no big deal cause he still lost that match and broke my heart.

historystupid
05-10-2007, 11:50 AM
I think there are different levels of chokers. A guy with 9 ATP titles can´t be a total choker.

I call him a big choker because I think he could've won a lot more than 9 titles. Just like I said, I like him so much and I hate to watch him lose, especially when he got great chances to win. He's a great guy and I will never agree with those guys who call him a cheater or a faker, but he's too weak when facing great opportunities. I really hope he realizes that he's no longer young and doesn't have the whole world of time to waste. I criticize him because I like him, that's what I call a "big fan".