---------------------------------------------- [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

----------------------------------------------

Just Cause
05-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Efficient Federer sweeps into last 16 in Rome
Tue May 8, 2007 2:28 PM EDT

By James Eve
ROME (Reuters) - Roger Federer began his bid for a first Rome Masters crown with an efficient 6-3 6-4 win over Nicolas Almagro on Tuesday.

The world number one, who had been given a bye into the second round of the claycourt tournament, was one of two players to reach the last 16 on a day when most other players were still involved in first-round matches.

He was followed by Argentine baseliner Jose Acasuso, who took advantage of a string of unforced errors by eighth seed Ivan Ljubicic to grab a 6-4 6-3 victory.

Federer had been forced to battle to 7-5 in the deciding set when he played Almagro in last year's Rome quarter-finals.

This time, however, he looked totally in control, raising his game to break the Spaniard in his opening service game, then again in the first game of the second set.

When Almagro created his sole break point of the match, Federer thumped down an unreturnable first serve.

"I wasn't too happy when I saw the draw, playing Almagro first up, because he's a great clay courter and a very dangerous player on any surface,"

said Federer, who finished runner-up in the Italian capital in 2003 and 2006.

"So to come through convincingly in two sets, not being broken and both times racing away with the lead after an early break, that was perfect."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2007-05-09/j.php
Q. I think that Italian tennis needs help. Perhaps your help. Which advice can you give to Bracciali to beat Nadal?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, everything's possible at home I feel. But the thing is not to play great at home but to play away from home as well. I guess that's the secret to get the ranking up. Many nations have the same problem. They're not happy they're not happy with the players they have because they've been too spoiled in the past

Frooty_Bazooty
05-08-2007, 10:05 PM
i dont see the problem

scarecrows
05-08-2007, 10:07 PM
wow, let's go and break in some shops

RIOT!!!!!!

ycpg
05-08-2007, 10:09 PM
This was typical Fed. He didn't look like he was suffering from any confidence on clay issues...He was cruising...good footwork and sliding, nice net play..he was totally in control and when it was over he looked almost bored!

I don't expect he will have any problems reaching the finals regards of what "clay court experts" he comes in contact with.

SBruguera
05-08-2007, 10:09 PM
I can´t see what´s disrespectful in Roger´s answers.

No offense, but are you dyslexic?

Sunset of Age
05-08-2007, 10:10 PM
"Don't Feed The Trolls" :angel:

optimism
05-08-2007, 10:20 PM
I am new here. But I really think JC is in love with federer. so much obsession.

Byrd
05-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Just Cause is a closet Federer fan :lol:

Or Levy
05-08-2007, 10:51 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tomy
05-08-2007, 10:57 PM
i dont see the problem

The problem: Just Cause created another thread...

neme6
05-08-2007, 11:03 PM
I am posting on a thread from a guy I am not happy about

Deboogle!.
05-08-2007, 11:56 PM
The problem: Just Cause created another thread...just as big a problem: People keep replying to them.

federerfan7465
05-09-2007, 12:14 AM
haha- I read the post and was soo confused... but then I saw it was Just Cause- and I quickly laughed and ignored it.

Is there any way I can block new topics made by him- just on my preferences.. so I dont have to see it.

or just block anything he says?

Tzar
05-09-2007, 12:20 AM
"Don't Feed The Trolls" :angel:

SO agree! Dont feed the trollest of the trolls!

Marek.
05-09-2007, 01:06 AM
THIS THREAD SUCKS BECAUSE: (Place X where applies)

[_] This topic did not need a separate thread
[X] Fake account
[_] It asks when and/or will Nadal become #1 in the world
[_] It is a Nadal v Federer thread where making sense is prohibited
[_] It assumes Federer will forever be on top of the tennis world
[X] It is a lame ass troll attempt
[_] It is a “Threaten to leave” thread
[_] It was started by Rafa=FedKilla
[_] It over hypes players that don’t deserve it
[_] It contains the Croatian contingent in a argument either among themselves or with others
[X] It was started by JustCause
[_] Original Posters grammar makes me suspect the post was written by 4 year old
[_] It claims Player X career is over after 1 bad loss
[_] It tries to determine the best player ever (on any surface) for the 200th time
[_] It asks when or if a young player will ever reach their potential after a totally expected loss
[_] It is a serious discussion of a exhibition match
[_] It proclaims a 16-18 year olds career is finished after a couple of first round losses
[_] It has the word Gilbert in the subject line
[_] It discusses doubles when its not a Davis Cup weekend
[_] It is a serious discussion of a clay clowns chances at a clay event or in a individual match against a competent clay player
[_] It is the annual thread where people bitch about clay courters not showing up and embarrassing themselves on grass
[_] LOL Jerry Seinfeld
[_] To much sex talk in this thread
[_] It speculates whether player X is on dope without any evidence
[_] It asks/assumes Safin is finished in tennis after a totally expected few first round loss to the local baker in the first round of small tournament X
[_] Use the damn search engine
[_] It accuses the loser of choking when he did nothing of the sort
[_] It talks about fake injuries and/or fake injury time outs
[_] Cramp is called a injury
[_] BROKEN CAPS LOCK
[_] It claims females can be competitive with males in any form of tennis
[_] Wrong forum, douche

Sofyaxo
05-09-2007, 01:19 AM
Best part was that the stuff highlighted made it look bad.

Read two more words into it and you see Feds saying he didn't like playing a good clay courter right away.

Wow, just wow.

jocaputs
05-09-2007, 01:45 AM
Just Cause outbreak. thread is quarantine zone now

Bobby
05-09-2007, 04:14 AM
THIS THREAD SUCKS BECAUSE: (Place X where applies)

[_] This topic did not need a separate thread
[X] Fake account
[_] It asks when and/or will Nadal become #1 in the world
[_] It is a Nadal v Federer thread where making sense is prohibited
[_] It assumes Federer will forever be on top of the tennis world
[X] It is a lame ass troll attempt
[_] It is a “Threaten to leave” thread
[_] It was started by Rafa=FedKilla
[_] It over hypes players that don’t deserve it
[_] It contains the Croatian contingent in a argument either among themselves or with others
[X] It was started by JustCause
[_] Original Posters grammar makes me suspect the post was written by 4 year old
[_] It claims Player X career is over after 1 bad loss
[_] It tries to determine the best player ever (on any surface) for the 200th time
[_] It asks when or if a young player will ever reach their potential after a totally expected loss
[_] It is a serious discussion of a exhibition match
[_] It proclaims a 16-18 year olds career is finished after a couple of first round losses
[_] It has the word Gilbert in the subject line
[_] It discusses doubles when its not a Davis Cup weekend
[_] It is a serious discussion of a clay clowns chances at a clay event or in a individual match against a competent clay player
[_] It is the annual thread where people bitch about clay courters not showing up and embarrassing themselves on grass
[_] LOL Jerry Seinfeld
[_] To much sex talk in this thread
[_] It speculates whether player X is on dope without any evidence
[_] It asks/assumes Safin is finished in tennis after a totally expected few first round loss to the local baker in the first round of small tournament X
[_] Use the damn search engine
[_] It accuses the loser of choking when he did nothing of the sort
[_] It talks about fake injuries and/or fake injury time outs
[_] Cramp is called a injury
[_] BROKEN CAPS LOCK
[_] It claims females can be competitive with males in any form of tennis
[_] Wrong forum, douche

This form is not funny anymore. And it shouldn't be used by anyone. You are copying somebody else's joke.

Allez
05-09-2007, 05:34 AM
WTF is going on here ?

martinatreue
05-09-2007, 06:17 AM
hmmm I have no idea how anyone could construe his comments as derogatory. He said that Almagro is a good player. What is the problem??

Forehander
05-09-2007, 08:18 AM
I think Justcause wants to impress the crowd for once for going celebrating for Federer? Oh well lol Good job federer that was good win, got me worried the draw :)

stebs
05-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Of course JC is absolutely correct. Federer will be beaten in the next round 6-0 6-0 and then thrown out of tennis for these remarks.

Clara Bow
05-09-2007, 08:47 AM
I, like others, fail to see the problem here.

tennis2tennis
05-09-2007, 09:20 AM
I think federer just paid a great compliment to his opponent !

Byrd
05-09-2007, 09:27 AM
I find it funny how he goes out of his way to make Federer look like hes said something else. Dude get yourself a girl, or at least get out more.

Action Jackson
05-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Just Cause has much better logic than Rafa = Fed Killa could ever have.

Medina
05-09-2007, 09:59 AM
wow, let's go and break in some shops

RIOT!!!!!!

Ill join you, but yet i dont see the problem

Pea
05-09-2007, 01:21 PM
LFR! I like how you chop away Rogi's answers into your thread title.

Just Cause
05-09-2007, 07:36 PM
LFR! I like how you chop away Rogi's answers into your thread title.

That is what he said.....:rolleyes: ....TYPICAL FEDERER....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Just Cause has much better logic than Rafa = Fed Killa could ever have.

He is the only other person on MTF who is even close to my brilliance.

Oh yeah and Nadals suck on clay :smash:
His every win makes you look worse GWH

Just Cause
05-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Owned...lol...