Tennis Schools [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tennis Schools

Champion number 1
05-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Just a bit of help needed. I would like to know how difficult it is to become a tennis player in your country? How they are trained? Whether its for rich or working class people? What type of system they go through to become great tennis players?

Doing an article at uni on tennis and the lack of great players coming from Britain, but would like to compare the systems to those from other countries. Some sources from the internet would be great aswell if possible.

DanMan
05-10-2007, 04:51 AM
Well, a brother of a friend at my school happens to be #1 in the U.S. (around there, anyway), and, according to his old coach, has to be homeschooled and play 10+ hours a day. That's about all I know.

lazyman
07-12-2007, 06:17 AM
in most juniour devopement comps in australia there are no umpires and we have to umpire our own matches. thats hiw it is for my comp anyway but i think its similar all over the contry since i remember hearing a news article about it a couple of years back or something.

Is that usual in most counties or not?

baghdatis
07-13-2007, 02:33 PM
in most juniour devopement comps in australia there are no umpires and we have to umpire our own matches. thats hiw it is for my comp anyway but i think its similar all over the contry since i remember hearing a news article about it a couple of years back or something.

Is that usual in most counties or not?

Yep Even here in Melbourne!

Burrow
07-17-2007, 11:50 PM
LTA is crazy, absolute bullshit.