Weird - did Rafa withdraw or something? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Weird - did Rafa withdraw or something?

Or Levy
05-08-2007, 10:47 AM
I don't mean to cause panic, or anything... but his name is crossed out from the list of seeded players in the draw, along with Roddick.

http://www.internazionalibnlditalia.it/2/public/SM.pdf?53869801

Jimnik
05-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Don't think so, otherwise they would have given a w/o to Bracciali, or placed an alternate in his position.

Strange though. :scratch:

uglyamerican
05-08-2007, 10:51 AM
I don't mean to cause panic

But you know you will. ;) That is weird. If the ATP were a well run organization, I would think that something was up.

On my printout from Saturday, the little number 3 next to Roddick's name is struck out.

Castafiore
05-08-2007, 10:53 AM
They did exactly the same thing in Monte Carlo...but the other name being crossed out back then was Davydenko.

It's mistake, most probably.

Or Levy
05-08-2007, 11:02 AM
But you know you will. ;) That is weird. If the ATP were a well run organization, I would think that something was up.

On my printout from Saturday, the little number 3 next to Roddick's name is struck out.

What worried me is that Roddick said he's getting over a virus in his TV interview on the ATP site, and IMHO, he did not look great on TV. So it wouldn't have surprised me had he withdrawn.

But Rafa looked as healthy as a horse during the double match, so... I wasn't sure what to think.

Kalliopeia
05-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Probably just someone screwed up. Same thing happened at Monte Carlo and a lot of people were panicking a little, thinking he'd been injured or something.

Medina
05-08-2007, 11:39 AM
U sure did cause panic he he :D

Byrd
05-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Maybe they crossed Nadal off by accident seeing that he's just 1 rank above Roddick who they were supposed to cross off.

Or Levy
05-08-2007, 11:56 AM
It got too boring in here, I had to stir things up a bit ;)

Yappa
05-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Oh my god, oh my god, please noooooooooooo!

Satisfied? ;)

maqk
05-08-2007, 01:15 PM
surely caused panis really

strange?? what sor t of thing is this ATP?

Allez
05-08-2007, 01:59 PM
It would certainly make the tournament a lot more interesting and exciting if it were true. Unfortunately I think it is just a mistake.

mallorn
05-08-2007, 02:13 PM
It would certainly make the tournament a lot more interesting and exciting if it were true. Unfortunately I think it is just a mistake.
It wouldn't be MTF if someone didn't wish Rafa injury. :smash:

Looks like the ATP hasn't learnt from the MC mistake. They said it was a printing error then. :rolleyes:

nobama
05-08-2007, 03:48 PM
It would certainly make the tournament a lot more interesting and exciting if it were true. Unfortunately I think it is just a mistake.Why? Wouldn't someone beating him be better?

mashamaniac
05-08-2007, 04:31 PM
it's just a crappy mistake...

Allez
05-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Why? Wouldn't someone beating him be better?

Of course it would be better if someone beat him but that someone has yet to reveal themselves. As you well know Roger isn't the one. I feel he was at the peak of his powers on clay last year. This year I have not been convinced by his level of play or tactics on the dirt. We shall see.

Mallorn I do not wish Nadal injury. That is absurd. What I meant is that this tournament is going to be so boring because the winner is almost a forgone conclusion. A lot of people said the same thing when Roger used to dominate, so I'm hardly saying anything a lot of people haven't thought of before, albeit with Rogi being the culprit.

mallorn
05-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Mallorn I do not wish Nadal injury. That is absurd.
Oh please. The only way Rafa withdraws from Rome is if something very wrong happens to him. You said "Unfortunately I think it is just a mistake." Which it is, BTW, he's playing doubles as I post.
What I meant is that this tournament is going to be so boring because the winner is almost a forgone conclusion. A lot of people said the same thing when Roger used to dominate, so I'm hardly saying anything a lot of people haven't thought of before, albeit with Rogi being the culprit.
:lol: This is funny coming from a Fedfan.

Again, you didn't just say the tournament was going to be boring, you said the withdrawal was unfortunately just a mistake, the key word being "unfortunately."

MisterQ
05-08-2007, 06:26 PM
*leaps from third story window :bolt: :lol: