Maybe it's time for Nadal to lose on clay? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Maybe it's time for Nadal to lose on clay?

Ranko
05-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Watching the first couple matches in Rome, I have a feeling that the courts are somewhat faster than the other clay courts?

If the above is true, than I would definitely think that the highest chance of Nadal losing (if he is to lose) this year is in Rome.

Any opinions?

BlueSwan
05-07-2007, 04:45 PM
The thing is that a fast claycourt plays very differently to a hardcourt given the different bounce. On clay the ball bounces high and it takes tremendously well to spin. THIS is what benefits Nadal. Sure, he's SLIGHTLY more vulnerable when the clay plays faster than when it plays slower, but he's still the overwhelming favourite on any kind of clay due to the nature of clay.

bokehlicious
05-07-2007, 04:47 PM
TFA won't drop a single set in the entire clay season, that's meant to be... :)

scoobs
05-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Rome is the only tournament he's played on clay EVER where he's been taken to 5 sets - and that twice (Coria 2005, Federer 2006). And of course it's best of 3 in the final this year.

So is he more vulnerable here than elsewhere on clay? Yes, probably so - but how much? Well...not much - he's still not likely to lose here, let's be honest. He's perhaps more likely to drop a set on clay here than anywhere else in this clay court run, but that's about it.

Burrow
05-07-2007, 04:54 PM
I think he will LOSE. I do reckon he has a good chance of losing this week, based wholely on the court surface.

thiaela
05-07-2007, 04:59 PM
He is gonna lose someday, if is in Roma I dont' know could be, but the true is a really hope....

CmonAussie
05-07-2007, 05:05 PM
;><:
Got a bad feeling that an injury is going to bring RAFA`s amazing clay court record winning run to an end this week!!!

I foresee him losing either in the QF or SF..

BgStallion
05-07-2007, 05:10 PM
My prediction personally is that Ferrero will beat Nadal :)

Sunset of Age
05-07-2007, 05:13 PM
I don't see why people would like to see his clay court-streak end. He's making history, and with the way he's playing now, it's a pleasure for all to see.
It won't go on forever, let's just enjoy Raf's wonderful form as long as it lasts!

Ranko
05-07-2007, 05:16 PM
I don't see why people would like to see his clay court-streak end. He's making history, and with the way he's playing now, it's a pleasure for all to see.
It won't go on forever, let's just enjoy Raf's wonderful form as long as it lasts!

I wouldn't like to see anything, except good tennis. I just made a speculation, based on the fact that maybe courts in Rome suit Nadal less than other clay courts, that's all.

He already made history with more than 70 wins in a row on clay.

Kitty de Sade
05-07-2007, 05:17 PM

You are once again coming from the point of view of kindness and reason, Karin. This IS GM remember...;)

Regardless, it's an incredible run- rather than examining it from the point of view of a deficit, I, like you, will enjoy it for as long as it lasts. :)

adee-gee
05-07-2007, 05:24 PM

:spit:

RagingLamb
05-07-2007, 05:27 PM
he will lose if he somehow runs out of gas or gets injured, there are no players that pose a great danger to him ('cept maybe the two that took him to 5 sets).

He is the owner of all clay.

Allez
05-07-2007, 05:31 PM
He won IW and that surface is faster than Rome and isn't even his favourite so I very much doubt that the speed of the clay courts in Rome will make any difference. If he loses it'll be because of injury and nothing else.

Deivid23
05-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Maybe, this run has to come to an end soon, but I must say Rome is where Nadal normally plays his best :scared:

But there´s some light at the end of the tunnel, Fedtards, this is the best chance Roger has at beating Rafa for first time on clay, so keep your heads up and stop asking for the clay season to be over, don´t be that chilidish :D

jenanun
05-07-2007, 05:33 PM
the only one that i truely think can beat nadal on clay, is a fully fit coria on his top form....

federer somehow managed to get 2 mp last year, but i dont see that happening again, at least not against nadal at current form.......

nadal played way better than he was same time last year.... nadal was struggling in some matches last year..... if he managed to win all the clay matches last year, its even better chance for him to keep the streak going this year...

vamos!!!!

BgStallion
05-07-2007, 05:34 PM
I have the feeling you're not taking my idea seriously? lol

kyleskywalker007
05-07-2007, 05:35 PM
THIS THREAD SUCKS BECAUSE: (Place X where applies)

[_] This topic did not need a separate thread
[_] Fake account
[_] It asks when and/or will Nadal become #1 in the world
[_] It is a Nadal v Federer thread where making sense is prohibited
[_] It assumes Federer will forever be on top of the tennis world
[_] It is a lame ass troll attempt
[_] It is a “Threaten to leave” thread
[_] It was started by Rafa=FedKilla
[_] It over hypes players that don’t deserve it
[_] It contains the Croatian contingent in a argument either among themselves or with others
[_] It was started by JustCause
[x] Original Posters grammar makes me suspect the post was written by 4 year old
[_] It claims Player X career is over after 1 bad loss
[_] It tries to determine the best player ever (on any surface) for the 200th time
[_] It asks when or if a young player will ever reach their potential after a totally expected loss
[_] It is a serious discussion of a exhibition match
[_] It proclaims a 16-18 year olds career is finished after a couple of first round losses
[_] It has the word Gilbert in the subject line
[_] It discusses doubles when its not a Davis Cup weekend
[_] It is a serious discussion of a clay clowns chances at a clay event or in a individual match against a competent clay player
[_] It is the annual thread where people bitch about clay courters not showing up and embarrassing themselves on grass
[_] LOL Jerry Seinfeld
[_] To much sex talk in this thread
[_] It speculates whether player X is on dope without any evidence
[_] It asks/assumes Safin is finished in tennis after a totally expected few first round loss to the local baker in the first round of small tournament X
[_] Use the damn search engine
[_] It accuses the loser of choking when he did nothing of the sort
[_] It talks about fake injuries and/or fake injury time outs
[_] Cramp is called a injury
[_] BROKEN CAPS LOCK
[_] It claims females can be competitive with males in any form of tennis
[_] Wrong forum, douche

bokehlicious
05-07-2007, 05:57 PM
But there´s some light at the end of the tunnel, Fedtards, this is the best chance Roger has at beating Rafa for first time on clay, so keep your heads up and stop asking for the clay season to be over, don´t be that chilidish :D

Get a clue burro, if some can't stand the clay season, Nadal or not, it's just that that kind of moonballing with endless rallies is just boring to death... :shrug: :)

Skyward
05-07-2007, 05:59 PM
But there´s some light at the end of the tunnel, Fedtards,

:lol: Get a clue. The thread starter is a Jokotard whose favorite player is in Rafa's quarter.

jazar
05-07-2007, 06:03 PM
federer seemed really relaxed and was hitting the ball pretty good in their doubles earlier and with the courts being how they are, i think this is his golden opportunity

Deivid23
05-07-2007, 06:06 PM
:lol: Get a clue. The thread starter is a Jokotard whose favorite player is in Rafa's quarter.

:lol:

So what? It was not intended to be a knock on the thread starter, if so I would have quoted him, so get a clue before asking someone else to get a clue, little kid :hug:

Btw, keep the faith, Fedtard, I think you might see the light in 6 days time :D

anon57
05-07-2007, 06:08 PM
It couldn't hurt if someone was to actually trouble Nadal on gravel this tournament or at least take a set off him because so far this clay season noone has been close. A difficult match or a defeat might bring some more excitment to the clay season

Deivid23
Get a clue burro, if some can't stand the clay season, Nadal or not, it's just that that kind of moonballing with endless rallies is just boring to death... :shrug: :)

I´m sure clay season will become entertaining for most of all those if somehow Federer wins a title ;)

Allez
federer seemed really relaxed and was hitting the ball pretty good in their doubles earlier and with the courts being how they are, i think this is his golden opportunity
No last year was the golden opportunity. Doesn't get any closer that that. Nadal is playing even better on clay this year. :scared:

jazar
05-07-2007, 06:12 PM
No last year was the golden opportunity. Doesn't get any closer that that. Nadal is playing even better on clay this year. :scared:

maybe, but roger played a better match than nadal today. the only reason he and wawrinka lost was because of wawrinka and the fact the nadal and moya picked on him. i think the battle of the surfaces taught rog something and he is going to beat nadal in the final

Skyward
05-07-2007, 06:13 PM

Fedtards are not looking beyond Almagro's match. Keep yourself informed. :wavey:

bokehlicious
05-07-2007, 06:14 PM
:lol:

So what? It was not intended to be a knock on the thread starter, if so I would have quoted him, so get a clue before asking someone else to get a clue :hug:

We look at the big picture dude, at this point only majors do count when chasing History, MS titles can be grabbed by the "ordinary folk", fair enough :p :D

bokehlicious
05-07-2007, 06:15 PM
I´m sure clay season will become entertaining for most of all those if somehow Federer wins a title ;)

No way, clay will remain garbage even if Roger wins the next 5 FO :o

Deivid23
05-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Fedtards are not looking beyond Almagro's match. Keep yourself informed. :wavey:

No way Federer is losing early for third time in such a short period of time, don´t be that humble :D

Deivid23
05-07-2007, 06:17 PM
We look at the big picture dude, at this point only majors do count when chasing History, MS titles can be grabbed by the "ordinary folk", fair enough :p :D

At this time Roland Garros is what should count most for Federer when chasing history, yes. I think he should win it this year

Fumus
05-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Doubt it.

Allez
05-07-2007, 06:19 PM
I think he should win it this year Yeah right, and you also think Nadal should win Wimbledon this year :rolleyes:

martine2
05-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Nadal is playing great tennis now and it would make me a bit sad to see him lose...certainly if it would be because of injury.

ReturnWinner
05-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Ferrero has the same chances as me to beat Nadal in Rome:ZERO

adee-gee
05-07-2007, 06:23 PM
At this time Roland Garros is what should count most for Federer when chasing history, yes. I think he should win it this year
:haha:

Stop talking nonsense bro ;)

anon57
05-07-2007, 06:23 PM
If/when Nadal loses I would like it to be in a match where his opponent plays the match of his life and defeats him fair and square not because of injury.

Sunset of Age
05-07-2007, 06:25 PM
If/when Nadal loses I would like it to be in a match where his opponent plays the match of his life and defeats him fair and square not because of injury.

I fully agree.

Fumus
05-07-2007, 06:26 PM

or a banana.

Deivid23
Yeah right, and you also think Nadal should win Wimbledon this year :rolleyes:

Why not? I think Federer is just too good not to win RG some day and too good not to have figured out how to beat Nadal after having played against him so many times on clay :confused:

Blue Heart24
Yeah sure,Clay Legend Ginepri will beat him :silly:

Deivid23
05-07-2007, 06:27 PM
:haha:

Stop talking nonsense bro ;)

I´m trying to pump Fedtards up, this place is not that funny with them hidden like mice :D

bokehlicious
05-07-2007, 06:30 PM
I´m trying to pump Fedtards up, this place is not that funny with them hidden like mice :D

Unlike you and your fellow Rafatards we only have to "hide" two months a year, not nine... :o :wavey:

Deivid23
05-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Unlike you and your fellow Rafatards we only have to "hide" two months a year, not nine... :o :wavey:

Coward :D

RonE
05-07-2007, 06:41 PM

Yes after Wimbledon onwards last year this place was pretty dull without the pork dorks making asses of themselves :sad:

rafagirlno1
05-07-2007, 06:43 PM
:awww: fed lost again to nadal today(already 3 in a span of three weeks) ,and the singles final is still to come :awww:

bokehlicious
05-07-2007, 06:51 PM
:awww: fed lost again to nadal today(already 3 in a span of three weeks) ,and the singles final is still to come :awww:

The worst thing is that some rumors say that he even lost to Nadal last week at playing cards, he's definitely owned, please retire Roger :crying2: :hysteric:

Ranko
05-07-2007, 06:53 PM
THIS THREAD SUCKS BECAUSE: (Place X where applies)

[_] This topic did not need a separate thread
[_] Fake account
[_] It asks when and/or will Nadal become #1 in the world
[_] It is a Nadal v Federer thread where making sense is prohibited
[_] It assumes Federer will forever be on top of the tennis world
[_] It is a lame ass troll attempt
[_] It is a “Threaten to leave” thread
[_] It was started by Rafa=FedKilla
[_] It over hypes players that don’t deserve it
[_] It contains the Croatian contingent in a argument either among themselves or with others
[_] It was started by JustCause
[x] Original Posters grammar makes me suspect the post was written by 4 year old
[_] It claims Player X career is over after 1 bad loss
[_] It tries to determine the best player ever (on any surface) for the 200th time
[_] It asks when or if a young player will ever reach their potential after a totally expected loss
[_] It is a serious discussion of a exhibition match
[_] It proclaims a 16-18 year olds career is finished after a couple of first round losses
[_] It has the word Gilbert in the subject line
[_] It discusses doubles when its not a Davis Cup weekend
[_] It is a serious discussion of a clay clowns chances at a clay event or in a individual match against a competent clay player
[_] It is the annual thread where people bitch about clay courters not showing up and embarrassing themselves on grass
[_] LOL Jerry Seinfeld
[_] To much sex talk in this thread
[_] It speculates whether player X is on dope without any evidence
[_] It asks/assumes Safin is finished in tennis after a totally expected few first round loss to the local baker in the first round of small tournament X
[_] Use the damn search engine
[_] It accuses the loser of choking when he did nothing of the sort
[_] It talks about fake injuries and/or fake injury time outs
[_] Cramp is called a injury
[_] BROKEN CAPS LOCK
[_] It claims females can be competitive with males in any form of tennis
[_] Wrong forum, douche

:devil:

Andre'sNo1Fan
05-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Possibly because, not everyone likes domination. For me I feel this way with Federer winning outside clay, it gets extremely boring, so you should see it from that side. Not everyone will like what you do.

Nathaliia
05-07-2007, 08:40 PM
I don't know when he loses and to whom, but I know that when he does, MTF's server goes down for several minutes of getting too crowded.

Sunset of Age
05-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Possibly because, not everyone likes domination. For me I feel this way with Federer winning outside clay, it gets extremely boring, so you should see it from that side. Not everyone will like what you do.

I never stated that 'everyone' should like domination. Anyone is free to have their opinion on things, I just posted mine. M'kay? ;)

A_Skywalker
05-07-2007, 10:19 PM
I don't know when he loses and to whom, but I know that when he does, MTF's server goes down for several minutes of getting too crowded.

Yep, thats gonan crush mtf for hours. Lets hope it will nto crush this year :D

Andre'sNo1Fan
05-07-2007, 10:21 PM
I never stated that 'everyone' should like domination. Anyone is free to have their opinion on things, I just posted mine. M'kay? ;)
Its fine having an opinion (kinda the point of this site, huh?!) but you said I can't understand why anyone would wanna see Nadal lose. So if you can see that not everyone likes domination, you can surely see that plenty of people will want Rafa to lose. :)

Johnny Groove
05-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Who's gonna beat him? Ginepri? Misha? Nole? Canas? Please :rolleyes:

kyleskywalker007
05-07-2007, 10:49 PM
:devil:

All cool between us, it´s not personal ;)

BgStallion
05-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Well to be honest I think that the Safin that played on DC against PHM would beat Nadal on clay.

yana
05-08-2007, 07:21 PM
I think he will LOSE. I do reckon he has a good chance of losing this week, based wholely on the court surface.

Another prediction? :p

cmurray
05-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Another prediction? :p

Nice work, yana. You're my hero. :worship:

yana
05-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Nice work, yana. You're my hero. :worship:

Notice the title of this thread? Maybe, bla, bla. The starter didn't want to sound too confident. :lol:

Xristos
05-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Who's gonna beat him? Ginepri? Misha? Nole? Canas? Please :rolleyes:

Truth.

Tom_Bombadil
05-08-2007, 08:03 PM
I can't see the point of people being so eager to see Nadal lose. After all, you have to respect the guy for being unbeatable on clay like 72 matches or so and during like the last two years.

For me, at least it should inspire respect for any lover of tennis. I can say the same thing for any player who achieves great successes in tennis, for example Roger.

But this whole controversia of calling the guy pig, moonballer, etc. it's just absurd. It only shows the hatred of the people who states these kind of things, instead of showing an opinion.

Why do people hate Nadal or Federer or whoever? I don't know, maybe because their personal lives are so sad they need to hate instead of love. Just love men! :D

It's gonna happen some day or another. And the most probable thing is that it'll happen against some unkown player with some great day with Nadal being in an off day, or because an injury.

Can Federer beat Nadal on clay? For me, this year is gonna be the most important test for Roger to probe that. Rome it's gonna be a very good performance to watch, but the big picture is in RG.

Rafa the best of clay. Maybe if he wins all this year (included the third consecutive RG) we could say he's the best clay courter ever. (if he wins 3 RG with 21 years, he surely can win 2 or 3 more before retiring). Roger the second best clay courter of the world? I could say that but... for me the Cañas of today would beat Fed on clay. But he sure is a great player on clay.

anon57
05-08-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm not a big fan of Nadal. But I have to admit what he's done on clay over the past 3 years is very impressive and I respect his acomplishments but I would like to see someone at least challenge him on clay because at the moment he hasn't even lost a set. A tough match or a loss will for me bring some unpredicability to the clay season.

adee-gee
05-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Bracciali could well be the man. It's either him or Guccione :rocker2:

Rogiman
05-08-2007, 09:14 PM
He may lose in Rome, but where it really counts (RG) - no way.

Rogiman
05-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Just love men! :DHow long will it take for J'torian to reply to this one...? :spit:

jenanun
05-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Why do people hate Nadal or Federer or whoever? I don't know, maybe because their personal lives are so sad they need to hate instead of love. Just love men! :D

JEALOUS.....

some must be pretty damn good to be hated (though this is a strong word imo) by so many!

SBruguera
05-09-2007, 12:25 AM
I totally agree and I will do my best to love men every day. :yeah:

But Tommy could be jealous. :sad:

;)

The Freak
05-09-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm not saying Blake would beat Rafa on clay, and if they played in a 3 set match, I would definitely bet on Rafa to win, but Blake is the one guy that is toughest for Nadal. I'd like to see them play in Rome, but that is unlikely considering they are on the opposite half of the draw.