Moya/Nadal d. Federer/Wawrinka 6-4 7-6 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Moya/Nadal d. Federer/Wawrinka 6-4 7-6

Burrow
05-07-2007, 03:21 PM
:o After being a break up in the second, Roger and Stanislas.

Bad Religion
05-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Federer :haha:

Even in doubles Nadal defeats to that clown

azza
Wow anyone notices Roger has lost 3 Straight matches :eek:!!

Carlita
:rocker2:

Sunset of Age
05-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Very enjoyable match. All of them seemed to be having fun. :worship:

With Stan just coming back from a severe injury, I didn't expect the match to be that close. So, well done and kudos to all four players! :hatoff:

Or Levy
05-07-2007, 03:25 PM
They broke twice, and got rebroken, then came back from being 4-0 in the TB.

Oh well, that result spares me the problem of deciding who I am rooting for in the next round. Andy, Jonathan, you gotta do better this time!

Billabong
05-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Yep, so Federer lost to Nadal in singles, doubles and exhibition in the space of 3 weeks:lol: Unbelievable:o..

Anyways, seems like it was a good match:yeah:

Burrow
Federer :haha:

Even in doubles Nadal defeats to that clown

yes, longest no.1 in history is a clown, that makes a lot of sense.

stebs
Wawa hasn't been playing a lot of tennis due to injury and it showed here. His movement was not so good but he still did well. Fun match to watch.

maqk
05-07-2007, 03:27 PM
gr8 win

i think some good shots from Moya too in the end

danton
Great match with some awesome points -doubles needs more of this

LinkMage
Good comeback in the tie-break by Fed/Wawrinka being down 5-1, to make it 5-5. But then Nadal/Moya were too good.

Now Fed can concentrate on the singles, and hopefully Nadal will get more tired by playing both singles and doubles.

Yappa
The atmosphere was great. A lot of young ppl in the crowd, I think. Compare that with Hamburg where 80% of those present are over 50. :tape:

Sunset of Age
05-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Can that stupid Fed-bashing please STOP?

He played with Stan today, who has barely recovered from a severe knee injury, just to help him get back into his rhythm. That is very nice indeed. They never expected to be able to win at all.

Xristos
05-07-2007, 03:29 PM
:rocker2:

What are your views on Carlos with capris?

Bad Religion
05-07-2007, 03:29 PM

:dance:

bokehlicious
05-07-2007, 03:30 PM

You'r in GM dear, this place wouldn't have any sense without the Fed bashing... :shrug:

bokehlicious
05-07-2007, 03:31 PM

No need to feed the trolls...

Castafiore
05-07-2007, 03:32 PM
^ Good luck in trying to get the Fed bashing to stop, Karin.
Hoping that Nadal tires out is also a great mark of sportsmanship but that seems to be fine.

MTF at its best again.

Anyway,
Hopefully, somebody will be kind enough to post a small summary because I could only follow it on a SB. Looked like a fun match judging on some comments I read here and there.

yanchr
05-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Yep, so Federer lost to Nadal in singles, doubles and exhibition in the space of 3 weeks:lol: Unbelievable:o..
Indeed :o :o :o :o

Anyway, come on in singles damn you Roger :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tnn74
05-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Way to go boysss!!! 3 weeks in a row Fed takes defeat to Rafa :yeah:

Moya in capris :shrug: looks a little weird :D

jazar
05-07-2007, 03:35 PM
that was a good match. roger seemed to be enjoying more than playing 100% seriously

Eden
05-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Congrats to Carlos and Rafa :)

Too bad that Roger/Stan couldn't take the second set. They were up a break twice. Good fight in the tiebreak. Entertaining match to watch, great crowd and all players seemed to have lots of fun :)

Good to have Stan back on the court - and good that Roger got a bit matchpractice before his first singles match in Rome :yeah:

RagingLamb
05-07-2007, 03:38 PM
nadal/moya were breaking at will it seemed

NaDALiTa
05-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Nice match, they all seemed to have fun on the court........Rafa is so funny it seems he was playing the match of his life with the vamosing ,the fist pumping etc... ..

It was great to see that on TV :worship:

Please Rafa & Charly change that ridiculous gear :lol: :lol: you both look like member of a circus :lol: :lol:

t0x
05-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Nice to see Stan back - YAY :D

Was very rusty... but playing with the world number 1 and against tough opposition can only be good for him :)

Sunset of Age
05-07-2007, 03:39 PM
^ Good luck in trying to get the Fed bashing to stop, Karin.
Hoping that Nadal tires out is also a great mark of sportsmanship but that seems to be fine.

MTF at its best again.

Ah, I should really know better by now... :angel:

Anyway,
Hopefully, somebody will be kind enough to post a small summary because I could only follow it on a SB. Looked like a fun match judging on some comments I read here and there.

Well, I followed it on Bwin.com, but as usual it isn't very easy to do so with that miniscule screen...

To me it was obvious that Rafa and Carlos would win this match. They seemed to be more in controll during the entire match. Still, the match was closer than I expected - in the first set Roger and Stan could hold up till 4-5, when they got broken which cost them the set (Stan was obviously the weakest player, no surprise regarding his recent injury).

Second set, actually quite likewise: a good match with great shots from all, in particularly that shot where both Rafa and Roger had to play the point nearly besides the net (I hope someone will put that up on YouTube!), ending up with a gorgous Rafa smile, even if he lost the point.

All in all, a very enjoyable match. Good to see the players have fun out there. I don't think I've ever seen Rafa smile so often on court - it rather looked like an exho...

LinkMage
05-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Funny how the stadium was packed (it was played in Pietrangeli Stadium, the 2nd in importance), while there is no one watching Hewitt's match on Center court. The stadium is empty.

Castafiore
05-07-2007, 03:41 PM
All in all, a very enjoyable match. Good to see the players have fun out there. I don't think I've ever seen Rafa smile so often on court - it rather looked like an exho...
Rafa often looks much more relaxed and full of smiles in his doubles matches.

Sunset of Age
05-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Rafa often looks much more relaxed and full of smiles in his doubles matches.

Yes indeed, and so did Roger, BTW. I think all of the guys were happy with getting a bit of semi-serious practice! Anyway it was a pleasure to watch.
Bwin.com, I salute you. :worship:

Yappa
05-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Funny how the stadium was packed (it was played in Pietrangeli Stadium, the 2nd in importance), while there is no one watching Hewitt's match on Center court. The stadium is empty.

I wonder why the ATP Pay Stream didn't show the doubles match. Were they afraid, players like the Bryans brothers would complain that they don't get the same treatment (=shown on TV) when playing their first round matches?

adee-gee
05-07-2007, 04:57 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/adeegee/pigeon.jpg

vamosnadal
05-07-2007, 04:59 PM
It was such a great match to watch and brilliant for the promotion of doubles. I wish they would broadcast more doubles matches.

Beforehand
05-07-2007, 06:02 PM
This match, from the highlights (which...yeah...are highlights), looked AMAZING.

Burrow
05-07-2007, 06:03 PM
It was such a great match to watch and brilliant for the promotion of doubles. I wish they would broadcast more doubles matches.

yes, maybe it will encourage more top singles players to play doubles.

yana
05-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Good comeback in the tie-break by Fed/Wawrinka being down 5-1, to make it 5-5. But then Nadal/Moya were too good.

Now Fed can concentrate on the singles, and hopefully Nadal will get more tired by playing both singles and doubles.

And injured too just to make it perfect, right? :retard:

bokehlicious
05-07-2007, 06:56 PM
And injured too just to make it perfect, right? :retard:

Nope, we'd rather see him going down fair and square :devil: :angel:

Scotso
05-07-2007, 06:57 PM
:banana:

yana
05-07-2007, 06:58 PM

Fed-bashing? :lol:
This is MTF. For 99 % of the posters Fed is a God.

rafagirlno1
05-07-2007, 06:59 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/adeegee/pigeon.jpg

:haha: :haha: :haha: :worship: :worship:

yana
05-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Nope, we'd rather see him going down fair and square :devil: :angel:

Fair enough. Tell this to that loser too.

A_Skywalker
05-07-2007, 07:01 PM
The result wasnt in question, well done Carlos, Rafa :yeah:

bokehlicious
05-07-2007, 07:03 PM

:haha: :haha:

Byrd
05-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Meh, Fed will deliver later on in the week.

maqk
05-07-2007, 08:07 PM
why do people always turn threads like this into a Fed Vs Rafa BattleField???

crazy sick people all of them

garad
05-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Fed-bashing? :lol:

And that remaining 1% is the loudest here...

rosamunda
05-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Sky Sports in their marvellously infinite wisdom showed the whole match here in the UK - they have interactive multi-screen things, but nevertheless showed it as their main match, which I thought was pretty sensible of them.

It was an excellent match. Poor Stan - he played well but was unfortunately the weakest link and broke down at crucial points - not surprising as he's so out of practice and had to face a barrage of murderous stuff from Nadal. He was targetted, shall we say....not surprisingly. But there were some awesome shots, especially from Nad and Fed, and it deserved to be that close. Everybody lost serve except for Moya who was very steady throughout. Fed went walkabout in one of his service games (as usual).

Despite all the smiling, Nadal seemed to be the only one who REALLY wanted to win badly (Fed was so laid back he was almost falling over, and he was wearing his watch, a sure sign it wasn't that big a deal to him, I think).

I don't read anything into this match as far as the singles goes - it was like a semi-serious practice - for all of them. Much more entertaining than the rather grim singles matches that were going on at the same time. I hope this signifies a resurgence of doubles - it's been easy to forget how exciting it can be.:)

nicole_s
05-07-2007, 10:28 PM
poor roger,nadal is really haunting him :lol:

SBruguera
05-07-2007, 10:53 PM
I think you care more about this match than them. They are probably just trying to practice their s&v skills.

Johnny Groove
05-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Sky Sports in their marvellously infinite wisdom showed the whole match here in the UK - they have interactive multi-screen things, but nevertheless showed it as their main match, which I thought was pretty sensible of them.

It was an excellent match. Poor Stan - he played well but was unfortunately the weakest link and broke down at crucial points - not surprising as he's so out of practice and had to face a barrage of murderous stuff from Nadal. He was targetted, shall we say....not surprisingly. But there were some awesome shots, especially from Nad and Fed, and it deserved to be that close. Everybody lost serve except for Moya who was very steady throughout. Fed went walkabout in one of his service games (as usual).

Despite all the smiling, Nadal seemed to be the only one who REALLY wanted to win badly (Fed was so laid back he was almost falling over, and he was wearing his watch, a sure sign it wasn't that big a deal to him, I think).

I don't read anything into this match as far as the singles goes - it was like a semi-serious practice - for all of them. Much more entertaining than the rather grim singles matches that were going on at the same time. I hope this signifies a resurgence of doubles - it's been easy to forget how exciting it can be.:)

How come every time Federer wears his Rolex on court, the match is automatically invalid?

Sunset of Age
05-07-2007, 11:08 PM
How come every time Federer wears his Rolex on court, the match is automatically invalid?

Well, for those who've been following him for some 4 - 5 years, it has become a clear token that Fed doesn't take it all too seriously (he said so himself, too - he admitted he wanted to ge some good practice and wanted to help his friend Stan find back the rhythm of playing after his injury :worship:).
Which is something different from a match being 'invalid', BTW - fact is, he LOST, and that's purely because Raf and Carlos were the better team. ;)

SBruguera
05-07-2007, 11:10 PM
If Federer was wearing his Rolex, probably the match was fixed.
I think I´m going to bet against Fed everytime he wears his Rolex.

Sunset of Age
05-07-2007, 11:11 PM
If Federer was wearing his Rolex, probably the match was fixed.

:haha: :angel:

ChinoRios4Ever
05-07-2007, 11:45 PM
congrats Charly/Rafa :yeah:

rosamunda
05-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Well, for those who've been following him for some 4 - 5 years, it has become a clear token that Fed doesn't take it all too seriously (he said so himself, too - he admitted he wanted to ge some good practice and wanted to help his friend Stan find back the rhythm of playing after his injury :worship:).

Mind you, there are some scrummy restaurants in Roma; he probably had an early table booked and had to keep an eye on the time. Been to a few myself - if you miss your booking time, well.......

Sunset of Age
05-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Mind you, there are some scrummy restaurants in Roma; he probably had an early table booked and had to keep an eye on the time. Been to a few myself - if you miss your booking time, well.......

:lol: and seemingly a 20,000 dollar+ Rolex is the best way to keep on track with your time schedule. :D

Johnny Groove
05-08-2007, 12:01 AM

:lol: and seemingly a 20,000 dollar+ Rolex is the best way to keep on track with your time schedule. :D

:rolls:

Was Nadal wearing his watch? Probably not. You can tell he actually cares about matches he plays in, unlike Fed :p

rosamunda
05-08-2007, 12:02 AM

I wouldn't know - I wish I did!

rosamunda
05-08-2007, 12:04 AM
:rolls:

Was Nadal wearing his watch? Probably not. You can tell he actually cares about matches he plays in, unlike Fed :p

No, Nadal wan't wearing one. Proof positive that he takes matters FAR more seriously.:cool:

Metis
05-08-2007, 12:09 AM

How could he not? Rafa, Carlos, Roger all together. Nothing more to say. Poor Wawrinka he must have felt really bad being the third ...sorry the fourth wheel. :sad:

Sunset of Age
05-08-2007, 12:10 AM
How could he not? Rafa, Carlos, Roger all together. Nothing more to say. Poor Wawrinka he must have felt really bad being the third ...sorry the fourth wheel. :sad:

heheh. I now declare this thread as officially HIJACKED by the MTF-Perv Squad! :D

Johnny Groove
05-08-2007, 12:12 AM
This match was obviously used by Rafa to make Roger jealous

rosamunda
05-08-2007, 12:15 AM
This match was obviously used by Rafa to make Roger jealous

I must say that Carlos looked almost as scrummy as the food (not to mention the waiters) in those Roman restaurants I mentioned earlier......despite the pirate pants.

SBruguera
05-08-2007, 12:15 AM

OMG there were kids watching!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sunset of Age
05-08-2007, 12:19 AM

Nothing as welcome as a GOOD EDUCATION on certain facts... :angel:

SBruguera
05-08-2007, 12:21 AM
I suppose is time for Barbie to come back. Wait, she can´t, is in jail for that driving issue.

Johnny Groove
05-08-2007, 12:21 AM
I must say that Carlos looked almost as scrummy as the food (not to mention the waiters) in those Roman restaurants I mentioned earlier......despite the pirate pants.

ah yes, part of Rafa's plan no doubt. If Fed loses to Almagro or Richie, then we know the REAL reason :)

Metis
05-08-2007, 12:22 AM

and I bet they've done much more than Rafa even dreamed at their age. :p

Kitty de Sade
05-08-2007, 12:28 AM
heheh. I now declare this thread as officially HIJACKED by the MTF-Perv Squad! :D

Amazing- and this time I had nothing to do with it, so I expect NO pm's about this particular thread. :lol: :yeah:

rosamunda
05-08-2007, 12:30 AM
ah yes, part of Rafa's plan no doubt. If Fed loses to Almagro or Richie, then we know the REAL reason :)

Actually, in all seriousness and notwithstanding the salacious undertones going on :p , I think the key to victory lies in the pirate pant thing. If Fed started wearing them :eek:, surely the H2H gap would start to close.....no?

Metis
05-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Actually, in all seriousness and notwithstanding the salacious undertones going on :p , I think the key to victory lies in the pirate pant thing. If Fed started wearing them :eek:, surely the H2H gap would start to close.....no?

Well for one thing, Rafa would die of laughter if he saw Roger across the court wearing piratas and a sleeveless shirt. :lol:

Sunset of Age
05-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Well for one thing, Rafa would die of laughter if he saw Roger across the court wearing piratas and a sleeveless shirt. :lol:

Hah. Would absolutely DIE to see that happening. Come on, Rogelio! Give us that pleasure, no? :haha:

rosamunda
05-08-2007, 12:48 AM

I think we'd all die of laughter, and I guess that Rafa collapsing in uncontrollable giggles might just secure the win.....

Johnny Groove
05-08-2007, 01:12 AM

I dont think that Roger has the ass to pull off the piratas look, and I dont think that his upper arms would like to be exposed to the sun :tape:

Sunset of Age
05-08-2007, 03:40 AM
I dont think that Roger has the ass to pull off the piratas look, and I dont think that his upper arms would like to be exposed to the sun :tape:

Ah, Jonathan, Rogi has a LOVELY ass! ;)

Kitty de Sade
05-08-2007, 04:23 AM
It seems that quite a few people on this board would love to see Rafa going down. :awww:

Goddamn J, you know you make it SO difficult to behave in GM...:sobbing: ;)

wildegirl05
05-08-2007, 04:43 AM
It seems that quite a few people on this board would love to see Rafa going down. :awww:

it doesn't matter what other people want - the real question is does rogi want rafa to go down. that's what counts at the end of the day ;)

Daniel
05-08-2007, 05:41 AM
Nadal :retard: :ras: :armed:

Xristos
05-08-2007, 06:40 AM
Any footage on YouTube?

Sinerra
05-08-2007, 06:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSKeQo0bQAI

Here are some highlights of the match!