Ferrero def. Hrbaty 3-6, 6-1, 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Ferrero def. Hrbaty 3-6, 6-1, 6-4

Billabong
05-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Nearly blew it at the end, but good fight from JC:yeah:!

tripb19
05-07-2007, 01:17 PM
That match was absolute garbage.

Adler
05-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Very strange match. Great performance by Hrbaty in the 1st set and then just BOOM - he started making errors, blowing BPs and JCF was in charge. He led 5:2, got broken nearly got broken for the second time, but Domino blew another BPs and lost. Weird

Beforehand
05-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Ugh...

Oh, well. A decent start to the live coverage, I suppose, and Hrbaty didn't win, so I'm OK.

Tnn74
05-07-2007, 01:19 PM
A win is a win, way to go JC :yeah:

Beforehand
05-07-2007, 01:19 PM
That match was absolute garbage.
:tape:

Medina
05-07-2007, 01:20 PM
grr Ferrero, pull your socks up!

Jimnik
05-07-2007, 01:24 PM
I can see now why Ljubicic was annoyed with Hbraty last year. The guy can behave like a real arse on the court. His three minute argument over that loose ball was just taking the piss and it almost worked, JCF nearly lost his rhythm.

Not a great start but if he can get a couple of Ws, he should improve.

Jevel
05-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Tough win for JCF.

Burrow
05-07-2007, 01:56 PM
I can see now why Ljubicic was annoyed with Hbraty last year. The guy can behave like a real arse on the court. His three minute argument over that loose ball was just taking the piss and it almost worked, JCF nearly lost his rhythm.

Man utd, premiership champions yet again, over chelski.

Norrage
05-07-2007, 01:57 PM
you guys are acting like JCF gave it away end 3rd set, but the fact is Hrbaty made one stunning winner after the other for like 2.5 games...Then his level dropped and Ferrero won.

Jimnik
05-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Man utd, premiership champions yet again, over chelski.
:ras: :topic:
Chelski 2005, 2006 champions, Manure 2007 champion.
Chelski 2-1 Manure :banana:

you guys are acting like JCF gave it away end 3rd set, but the fact is Hrbaty made one stunning winner after the other for like 2.5 games...Then his level dropped and Ferrero won.
No, I agree. Hrbaty was hitting the ball a little more flat and had more weight behind his shots. His accuracy and consistency were impressive right from the start but it was obvious that it wouldn't last and, for a moment, it looked like JCF wasn't taking advantage.

tripb19
05-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Not only did the two players play a poor standard and the match progression was absolutely :retard:, but Romano Grillotti sucked a whole lot in the chair too, constantly getting the score wrong. The fans got a pretty raw deal this morning from three senior men on the ATP tour. I wasn't watching the ball boys but they were probably running into each other and tripping over too.

Blue Heart24
05-07-2007, 02:37 PM

I agree.

Hrbaty is very annoying.

This was an very bad match.Both were playing crappy.But at least JCF won :D

Horatio Caine
05-07-2007, 02:40 PM

Well, Ljubicic will whine and moan about anything :lol:

...I'm sure we'll see plenty of that in September, starting from when he slips on the grass walking onto court and lands on his ass. :devil:

RogiFan88
05-07-2007, 03:03 PM
When is Romano Grillotti ever going to retire? :rolleyes: :ras:

musefanatic
05-07-2007, 03:13 PM
WOOO Go Juanqui :woohoo: :bigclap:

Kitty de Sade
05-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Great way to start out the day- and a good fight for JCF to hang in there. :yeah:

BgStallion
05-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Well you can't beat jcf if you give the initiative to him. That's just what he needs. I hope that he carries this rythm and goes as far as he can. If he can improve just a little bit I think that he'll be the one to stop Rafa on clay. Call me crazy ,but that's what I think.

Burrow
05-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Well you can't beat jcf if you give the initiative to him. That's just what he needs. I hope that he carries this rythm and goes as far as he can. If he can improve just a little bit I think that he'll be the one to stop Rafa on clay. Call me crazy ,but that's what I think.

absolutely right, with all the weapons ferrero has and his amazing confidence, rafael nadal will go down easily.

BgStallion
05-07-2007, 04:07 PM
absolutely right, with all the weapons ferrero has and his amazing confidence, rafael nadal will go down easily.

I hope that that's not irony :P
Anyway Ferrero really lacks some confidence ,but he does have the weapons to beat Nadal. He has an amazing fh ,but he just doesn't use it always. For eg. in his match against Canas in miami ,where he would have won if it was not for the rain delay, he hit some deadly forehands. Also in this match he also showed some outbursts of his previous self :D Especially in the 2nd and 3rd set :)

aramis
05-07-2007, 06:26 PM
I hope that that's not irony :P
Anyway Ferrero really lacks some confidence ,but he does have the weapons to beat Nadal. He has an amazing fh ,but he just doesn't use it always. For eg. in his match against Canas in miami ,where he would have won if it was not for the rain delay, he hit some deadly forehands. Also in this match he also showed some outbursts of his previous self :D Especially in the 2nd and 3rd set :)

If we're talking 02/03 JCF, then he sure as heck has a shot at Nadal. Bigger shot than even Federer if you ask me. But the way he plays right now is still not perfect. He holds back his power way too much and if they were to play right now, JC would get double bagelled. Just like at their IW match. I've never seen JC look so scared to play. It should have been a bagel in the 2nd but Nadal threw him a game out of pity!

But he's not all bad right now. He's about 1000% better this year than last year. He's moving much better and he is unleashing the monster fh every now and then, just not enough. That fh winner on set point in the 2nd was explosive. Hrbaty didn't know what the heck hit him! That was the vintage fh he used to hit practically every point in the good old days. But we'll see; he has an easier road to the SF than he did in MC, so it's not a stretch to imagine him getting another shot at Nadal. And maybe he can work himself into some lethal form by that time.

dylan24
05-07-2007, 06:38 PM
high quality tennis
both players won less than half their pts on serve.
wta tour would be proud

*bunny*
05-07-2007, 07:20 PM
If we're talking 02/03 JCF, then he sure as heck has a shot at Nadal. Bigger shot than even Federer if you ask me. But the way he plays right now is still not perfect. He holds back his power way too much and if they were to play right now, JC would get double bagelled. Just like at their IW match. I've never seen JC look so scared to play. It should have been a bagel in the 2nd but Nadal threw him a game out of pity!

But he's not all bad right now. He's about 1000% better this year than last year. He's moving much better and he is unleashing the monster fh every now and then, just not enough. That fh winner on set point in the 2nd was explosive. Hrbaty didn't know what the heck hit him! That was the vintage fh he used to hit practically every point in the good old days. But we'll see; he has an easier road to the SF than he did in MC, so it's not a stretch to imagine him getting another shot at Nadal. And maybe he can work himself into some lethal form by that time.
Agree with everything you've said.
I only watched the highlights on Masters Series TV, but that FH winner he took the second set with was just fab! And he's playing a lot better than last year, but there's still a long way to go before he can play at his full potential.
Still, a win is a win. Hope this hard-earned victory can give him confidence in the next round vs either Calleri or Starace, who are both playing very well this season.