Almagro def. Henman 7-5 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Almagro def. Henman 7-5 6-1

sarciness
05-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Oh dear, Tim.

Perhaps he should play some challengers to get some wins under the belt?

sarciness
05-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Anyone see the match? I've not seen Almagro play, though I've heard he's a good, but inconsistent clay-court player.

Medina
05-07-2007, 01:07 PM
poor tim, i wish he won

Sunset of Age
05-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Tim never stood a chance on clay... and Amalgro is a pretty good player.

LK_22
05-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Anyone see the match? I've not seen Almagro play, though I've heard he's a good, but inconsistent clay-court player.

Almagro is a very good clay court player, he was always going to win this one. He lost out to Fed here in three sets last year.
I can't see Tim winning until Queens unless he gets a favourable draw sometime soon :o

Jimnik
05-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Same scoreline as the JCF match.

Jevel
05-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Good for Almagro.

~EMiLiTA~
05-07-2007, 01:30 PM
this was the expected result

Adler
05-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Never in doubt. 13 aces, great performance on the 1st serves... Federer should better watch out for Nico

Burrow
05-07-2007, 01:59 PM
tim!!!!

Horatio Caine
05-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Tim's 2nd serve was ripped to shreds :sad:

Expected result, and desperate times call for desperate measures...come to Notts Tim and if you get an unfavourable draw, I'll slip down in the night and change the draw board before the morning (the player names are magnetic) :tape:

Horatio Caine
05-07-2007, 02:26 PM
It wouldn't be a bad idea for him to play Portschach imo...especially if the necessary 6 players don't withdraw from Hamburg.

case
05-07-2007, 02:31 PM
poor tim, i wish he won

poor tim, i wish he'd QUIT

Jimnik
05-07-2007, 02:32 PM
It wouldn't be a bad idea for him to play Portschach imo...especially if the necessary 6 players don't withdraw from Hamburg.
I think, more importantly, he should try to get into the Surbiton Challenger and get a headstart for the grass season. I believe he's ranked low enough now.

jazar
05-07-2007, 02:37 PM
tim got it wrong tactically. he stayed at the back too much. he should have come in and made almagro pass him, cos he was volleying well

Horatio Caine
05-07-2007, 02:41 PM
I think, more importantly, he should try to get into the Surbiton Challenger and get a headstart for the grass season. I believe he's ranked low enough now.

He has too much pride for that :sad:

I'd prefer him to either:

(a) Play Surbiton (as you say) and Queen's.
(b) Play Queen's and Nottingham

Horatio Caine
05-07-2007, 02:43 PM
tim got it wrong tactically. he stayed at the back too much. he should have come in and made almagro pass him, cos he was volleying well

Fuck! I bloody well said that was what he should have done!!!! :fiery: God damn it! When is he going to learn that he won't win the matches from the back against these guys?! :rolleyes: :retard:

Blue Heart24
05-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Nico :yeah:

jazar
05-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Fuck! I bloody well said that was what he should have done!!!! :fiery: God damn it! When is he going to learn that he won't win the matches from the back against these guys?! :rolleyes: :retard:

he started off coming in more, then his forays to the net gradually lessened as the match went on

Horatio Caine
05-07-2007, 02:46 PM
he started off coming in more, then his forays to the net gradually lessened as the match went on

:haha: He got tired. In DC action last month he stopped play for 3 minutes or so because he claimed his shoes weren't fitting him properly or something...I could swear he just needed a breather :tape: He didn't seem to have a problem with his feet moments before :o

jazar
05-07-2007, 02:49 PM
:haha: He got tired. In DC action last month he stopped play for 3 minutes or so because he claimed his shoes weren't fitting him properly or something...I could swear he just needed a breather :tape: He didn't seem to have a problem with his feet moments before :o

i remember that. i think they mentioned something in commentary about him stalling for time then.

i hope that once grass comes he will be at the net more

Horatio Caine
05-07-2007, 02:53 PM
i remember that. i think they mentioned something in commentary about him stalling for time then.

It was too obvious :haha:

He tried on Stretch's shoe, but it didn't fit him...what a pantomine! :haha:

i hope that once grass comes he will be at the net more

He can net-rush at Queen's and Nottingham. Wimbledon is more problematic unfortunately. I do side with what Greg said on Ross's show...he has one more good run left in him...he just needs a favourable draw for once :rolleyes: :sad:

Bjorkman came through a tough draw to SF last year...Tim can still match that.

musefanatic
05-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh tim not again :sad: Stick to Davis Cup i say :sad: :sad:

jazar
05-07-2007, 03:15 PM
He can net-rush at Queen's and Nottingham. Wimbledon is more problematic unfortunately. I do side with what Greg said on Ross's show...he has one more good run left in him...he just needs a favourable draw for once :rolleyes: :sad:

Bjorkman came through a tough draw to SF last year...Tim can still match that.

but given his current form and the way he plays (with less net rushing) it would have to be a very favourable draw

*Ljubica*
05-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Poor Tim :sad: I thought he started the match very well, but he just ran out of steam and ideas by the end of the 1st set.

adee-gee
05-07-2007, 04:46 PM
It might not be the worst idea to skip the rest of the clay season and start practicing on grass :shrug:

He isn't going to win many matches on this surface anymore and his ranking is pretty irrelevant anyway.

Allez
05-07-2007, 05:05 PM
It's time Henman focused his energies on being a husband and a father. I have a feeling he'd do very well in that arena :yeah:

scoobs
05-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Same story for Tim - tight first set which he loses, then cakewalk second set for his opponent.

He needs back-to-back matches, this is the wrong time of year for him to get them, and he won't play doubles consistently to get more match practice. For him it's definitely a case of "Roll on Queens"