Who is going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who is going?

Tzar
05-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Me!

savesthedizzle
05-09-2007, 05:18 AM
I'm going... a lot. Probably 2 days of quallies and then most of the first week :rocker2:

I will be easy to spot in quallies. I will be the only one watching Viktor Troicki ;)

Savio
06-11-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm going but was only able to obtain tickets for 9/2 Sunday night in Arthur Ashe Stadium. I got online early with a friend and between the both of us we could only score Sunday fortnight matches.

We really want to go Saturday 9/1 for Arthur Ashe or Grounds Admissions. Anyone know where I can get tickets for face value? Or is scalping pretty decent outside? Or can I watch outside the stadium?

This will be my first time going to the Billie Jean Tennis Center as well as my 6 other friends coming with me.

fedsfan1
06-17-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm going but was only able to obtain tickets for 9/2 Sunday night in Arthur Ashe Stadium. I got online early with a friend and between the both of us we could only score Sunday fortnight matches.

We really want to go Saturday 9/1 for Arthur Ashe or Grounds Admissions. Anyone know where I can get tickets for face value? Or is scalping pretty decent outside? Or can I watch outside the stadium?

This will be my first time going to the Billie Jean Tennis Center as well as my 6 other friends coming with me.

Hi Savio,

If you go to the box office the day of or if you can go a day or so before 9/1 you should be able to get AA tixs or grounds passes. I only had a problem last year getting grounds passes for Labor day because of all the rain delays. By the time we got to the box office line....it was sooooo long. & tixs were sold out.
As for scalping.....you take your chances. I have done it a few times & was lucky to meet honest people. & got great tixs . There are always people walking the ticket line buying & selling tickets.

You can watch the matches on the grounds. AA has a big screen right in the plaza & there is also a screen outside of LA that show both show cts...LA & Grandstand. Also a screen in the food ct...towards the back cts.

Have fun & good luck
cheers:wavey:

jole
06-18-2007, 02:38 AM
I'm going... a lot. Probably 2 days of quallies and then most of the first week :rocker2:

I will be easy to spot in quallies. I will be the only one watching Viktor Troicki ;)

Hey Jess. :)

I am going the first 4 days (M-Th) with my parents. Hopefully I'll see ya up there and we can watch Novak!

Savio
06-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Hi Savio,

If you go to the box office the day of or if you can go a day or so before 9/1 you should be able to get AA tixs or grounds passes. I only had a problem last year getting grounds passes for Labor day because of all the rain delays. By the time we got to the box office line....it was sooooo long. & tixs were sold out.
As for scalping.....you take your chances. I have done it a few times & was lucky to meet honest people. & got great tixs . There are always people walking the ticket line buying & selling tickets.

You can watch the matches on the grounds. AA has a big screen right in the plaza & there is also a screen outside of LA that show both show cts...LA & Grandstand. Also a screen in the food ct...towards the back cts.

Have fun & good luck
cheers:wavey:

Thanks for the info Feds.

When you say watch the matches on the grounds via screens, do I have to have tickets such as Grounds pass/LA/AA passes?

savesthedizzle
07-01-2007, 06:37 PM

I am going the first 4 days (M-Th) with my parents. Hopefully I'll see ya up there and we can watch Novak!

Awesome!! :dance:

Bubbahotep
07-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Guys, does anyone know when the cut-off is?

El Legenda
07-13-2007, 08:30 PM
US Open is bad timing for me :mad: it starts when im in the 2nd week of school :mad: :rolls:

savesthedizzle
07-14-2007, 01:25 AM
US Open is bad timing for me :mad: it starts when im in the 2nd week of school :mad: :rolls:

That's a bad excuse :p :lol:

El Legenda
07-14-2007, 01:54 AM
That's a bad excuse :p :lol:

well i could skip, its not like im missing anything during that time.. :p

savesthedizzle
07-16-2007, 04:25 AM
well i could skip, its not like im missing anything during that time.. :p

See :) All you miss is them saying "Here is your syllabus. Buy your text book. Blah blah blah" Nothing important ;) Just come to the USO :D

savesthedizzle
07-16-2007, 04:25 AM
Oh wait, second week of school not first.

Well then "Have you all got your text book yet? Blah blah blah." :p Still not important :p

Volcanic Tennis
07-25-2007, 03:27 AM
My mom and sister are going but I am unable to because of school :(

savesthedizzle
08-03-2007, 05:49 PM

Yo :)

I finally have finalized the days I will be going and... they are the same as you ;)

I too will be there first four days M-Th :dance: If anyone going wants to meet up/do lunch/dinner/a Djokovic match... shoot me a PM or something :)

:wavey:

oberon
08-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Going to all the Qualies (hopefully) and first 2 days of the main tournament and maybe more...hope the weather is better than last year!

CooCooCachoo
08-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Lucky for going to all of qualies :hearts: I wish I could go to qualies :(

Pigpen Stinks
08-09-2007, 05:12 PM
I'll try to go for some of the qualies. :drive:

Hopefully it's not so insanely hot and humid like it was yesterday. :drink:

savesthedizzle
08-10-2007, 12:18 AM
I'll try to go for some of the qualies. :drive:

Hopefully it's not so insanely hot and humid like it was yesterday. :drink:

Ugh it was GROTESQUE yesterday :rolls:

Tzar
08-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Im going since 24 in ny til 15! :)

But ill i wont go to Flushing Meadows the 1st,2nd or 3rd.. but all the others day ill go.. 27 to 31 and 4 to 9! =)

lovetheunderdog
08-12-2007, 11:56 PM
I am most definetly going on the first day I have the past 3 years. Ground passes are so great for the first week of the tournament.

ps14mn18
08-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Here's a question for anyone who has attended the U.S. Open. Are there any cheap places near the National Tennis Center to eat? I am fortunate to be able to go this year, but do not want to pay $12 for a hamburger or $8 for a soda.

Also, is it possible to get away with "upgrading" your seats in Ashe or Armstrong when there's a late afternoon match and most of the spectators in the lower level of the stadium has left?

Thanks for your suggestions.

tennisace
08-15-2007, 06:28 PM
There are probably some in Koreatown but it's a bit of a walk. I certainly wouldn't bother and there is enough variety at the Food COurt that you can get something other then a hamburger for $12. And bottled water is only $5 and better for you.

I usually throw some peanut butter crackers in my bag or breakfast bars and so only get something late in the afternoon like a big salad before the night session crowd comes and it gets really crowded there.

You can bribe an usher in Ashe but it will cost you $50-100 depending on how low you want to go and at least for me the lowest I've ever gotten was right above the upper lux boxes. In Louie there is no need to. Only the first 10 rows or so (I believe) on one side of the court are reserved seats. The rest of the Louie is first come first serve.

Pigpen Stinks
08-15-2007, 06:31 PM
One time I wandered off the grounds into a neighborhood and grabbed a couple of slices at a pizzeria. Just make sure you're packing some heat.

Fumus
08-15-2007, 06:33 PM
psh, forget it you are screwed. Just suck it up and pay the $8 for a ham sandwich.

Stensland
08-15-2007, 06:36 PM
are people not allowed to bring their own food? at rg i didn't pay anything the whole day last year. they had no problem with people eating what they brought along.

Fumus
08-15-2007, 06:44 PM
are people not allowed to bring their own food? at rg i didn't pay anything the whole day last year. they had no problem with people eating what they brought along.

No sandwiches, but I brought in meal bars. Seriously, you can leave it's just not worth it there is nothing close by, at all. If you eat well before you leave then you will only need to buy one meal at the USO. Then just eat when you leave at night.

Stensland
08-15-2007, 06:45 PM
No sandwiches,

so they check your bags?! :confused:

Fumus
08-15-2007, 06:48 PM

Yea, exactly...dude would you like someone to bring in a bomb or something. Um wait wait sorry I am dumb...you are allowed one sandwich and one bottle of water. I remember that was the rule from last year.

Stensland
08-15-2007, 06:51 PM
at rg, we just walked in. with our bags full of water, food and stuff. didn't pay a single euro, just tickets.

aynways, guess that's a little off topic.

Fumus
08-15-2007, 06:54 PM
at rg, we just walked in. with our bags full of water, food and stuff. didn't pay a single euro, just tickets.

aynways, guess that's a little off topic.

psh, don't tell al-queda that shiat.

neenah
08-15-2007, 06:58 PM

Yes, they do. You can bring a 12" x 12" x 16" or smaller bag. If you bring one bigger you can take everything out and put it into one of their clear plastic bags and carry it around with you, and pick up your own bag when you leave. That's what I remember from past years.

Stensland
08-15-2007, 07:02 PM
man, these terror threats really drive that country nuts. jeez!

plus all it does is helping the tournament to generate more money from the "scared" customers, who even understand the tournament organizers. what a perfect little environment to sell hamburgers for indeed 12 bucks or stuff like that.

so weird, it all adds up for some and the rest doesn't even care about being ripped off apparently.

Volcanic Tennis
08-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Because of last year's rain, we got tickets this year, but we won't be able to go.
So could someone buy them off me?
I'd be very greatful.
I'll sell them cheaper than the price, but you'll pay the shipping.

They are:
Session 3
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Day tickets
Section 319, Row W, Seats 1-5

They go for 50-60$ US on Ticketmaster.com
So, depending on how much shipping is, I'll adjust the price since you're doing this me favor.

I've never dealt with online transactions before, though...

Anyone interested? :awww:

SPARTACUS
08-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Is there anyone from Serbia going to US Open? If there is please contact me, i nead a bit of a favour.

The best of fun to everyone that r going!

savesthedizzle
08-16-2007, 02:16 AM
The food at the USO isn't THAT over priced. But I'm from around this area so it's what I expect to pay for things when I'm out :shrug: Anyway, the crepes are delicious and I will eat crepes nonstop for the four days that I go :lol:

Jem
08-16-2007, 04:19 AM
I'm going Labor Day weekend -- Friday night, Saturday day, Sunday day!

Tzar
08-16-2007, 05:06 PM
The food at the USO isn't THAT over priced. But I'm from around this area so it's what I expect to pay for things when I'm out :shrug: Anyway, the crepes are delicious and I will eat crepes nonstop for the four days that I go :lol:

For venezuela that food is freaking expensive.. Here we pay umm lets see, for a Big Mc Donalds Big Mac 4-5$!! (With big fries and soda)

So yeah food in 8 or 10$ its expensive, although we payed for them in the Orlando theme parks last year, im sure we will pay them in those parks this year again, but not in the us open.. were carriying our food! =)

lovetheunderdog
08-16-2007, 06:45 PM
what I always do is go to grand central station before heading off the the open, I buy a huge sandwich there for 3 or 4 times less than a single hamburger on the grounds of flushing meadows, eat the sandwich, and am not hungry for the rest of the day. It always has worked out perfectly!

Savio
08-17-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm going Labor Day weekend -- Friday night, Saturday day, Sunday day!

Hey!

You have any extras for Saturday and Sunday DAY sessions? I'm looking for tickets for 6 people but these ticket brokers are selling them for an arm and a leg. Let me know if you know of anyone who is selling the days sessions during labor day weekend.

So far I only have tickets for Sunday evening sessions.

Anyone, let me know! This will be my first time to the US Open...

ceci_rah84
08-19-2007, 07:06 AM
Who will go to the quallies?.......Who does please add me to my msn, my msn is la_morocha_de_liniers84@hotmail.com

kissesss

fedsfan1
08-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the info Feds.

When you say watch the matches on the grounds via screens, do I have to have tickets such as Grounds pass/LA/AA passes?

Hi Savio,

sorry for the delay in responding....i totally have been zonked w/ work .

Anyway...yes you do need tickets to gain entry to the grounds to watch the big screens...grounds passes work fine. They allow you access to every court except AA.

LA has reserved seating , as someone said. but only the first 10 or so rows surrounding the court. But all the other seating is open & is first come first served basis. Same deal w/ Grandstand . But the reserved seating is a smaller section & you can get front row seats in GS but they go quickly & fans tend camp out all day in those seats. But its small & intimate & all the other seats have a good view.

As for food outside the grounds...pretty far away. Only suggestion from me is either to bring some food w/ you...I always do & never been stopped . There is also a hotdog stand outside in the park. (it is outside the main gates) I always go there for a cheap dog. He has hotdogs, pretzles, chips, soda, water, ice cream ....all very affordable. All you need to do is get your hand stamped for re-entry & you can go out there.
There are many restaurants in Flushing but that is a hike...not sure I would do it since I don't like to miss any tennis. My thing is ...if I plan to stay all day, is to eat a big breakfast, bring some lunch & snacks & cough up some $$ for some dinner. Not all the food is bad. Friends that go to IW every year say the food at the USO is the best they have seen & they go to many tourneys. It is way way overpriced, but what can u do.

I will be at the qualies all week. weather permitting. I usually stay near LA & GS..thats where all the big boys practise. But they are on the other practise cts too.

It would be nice to meet some of you . I will be cheering for that Swiss guy.....I think Roger is his name. ;) ;)

Hope I helped. Really looking forward to the USO!!!

bye & GO ROGER!!!
laura :cool:

fedsfan1
08-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Here's a question for anyone who has attended the U.S. Open. Are there any cheap places near the National Tennis Center to eat? I am fortunate to be able to go this year, but do not want to pay $12 for a hamburger or $8 for a soda.

Also, is it possible to get away with "upgrading" your seats in Ashe or Armstrong when there's a late afternoon match and most of the spectators in the lower level of the stadium has left?

Thanks for your suggestions.

HI,

I know there is an upgrade window right past the main entrance to the grounds, right outside the Grandstand. I never did this but my mates have for certain matches.

IMO, Louis Armstrong & Grandstand are the best show cts to watch the matches with just a grounds pass. If you are alone, you can usually find an empty seat fairly close to the ct without having to pay for the reserved seats. I like to sit at the very top of LA on the Grandstand side & watch both cts at the same time. There is even a terrace overlooking GS that has great viewing.

i hope this helps.

Enjoy the Open
laura:cool:

savesthedizzle
08-19-2007, 03:06 PM
For venezuela that food is freaking expensive.. Here we pay umm lets see, for a Big Mc Donalds Big Mac 4-5$!! (With big fries and soda)

So yeah food in 8 or 10$ its expensive, although we payed for them in the Orlando theme parks last year, im sure we will pay them in those parks this year again, but not in the us open.. were carriying our food! =)

Well yes, when compared to McDonalds. I don't know I don't eat burgers. But I got a nice sized portion of pasta last year for like $8 and I don't expect to pay less than $8 for a bowl of pasta anywhere :shrug: so maybe it's just me, but I don't think it's too bad.

jole
08-19-2007, 08:45 PM
FYI - the current Tennis Magazine has a decent little article with some tips and tricks for USO visitors. Being a newbie I thought it was good for me to read. :)

Savio
08-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the info Laura!

I got tickets to grounds. I had to cough up a pretty penny but I didn't want to head up there not knowing if I would be able to get tickets or not. I'll be there Saturday (day) and Sunday (night).

Are we allowed to bring food inside? water bottles? I'm thinking about taking my Digital SLR also, will that be a problem?

Thanks again!

Savio

fedsfan1
08-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the info Laura!

I got tickets to grounds. I had to cough up a pretty penny but I didn't want to head up there not knowing if I would be able to get tickets or not. I'll be there Saturday (day) and Sunday (night).

Are we allowed to bring food inside? water bottles? I'm thinking about taking my Digital SLR also, will that be a problem?

Thanks again!

Savio

Yes..like I said in my previous post, small amounts of food & drinks are allowed. & cameras are allowed , too :)

Have fun
Laura

fedsfan1
08-20-2007, 10:53 AM
from USO.org

Home > Visiting the Open > Security Information

Security Procedures at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center

Safety is one of our highest priorities at the US Open, and we will continue to take every reasonable step to ensure the safety of everyone entering the USTA National Tennis Center gates. We will once again be implementing several important security measures in conjunction with Local, State, and Federal law enforcement agencies:
1. We encourage you to arrive early to avoid delays and help to speed the entry of all spectators.
All fans will go through a screening process before passing through the USTA National Tennis Center entry gates.
There will be a limit of one bag per person admitted onto the grounds.
All bags are subject to search, must be a single compartment and cannot be larger than 12"Wx12"Hx16"L.
There will be no bag storage on the grounds. For a nominal charge, there is a bag storage facility outside the grounds.
Speed lines for those fans without bags will be available at all gates.
The following items are prohibited and MAY NOT be brought onto the premises:

sealed packages of any kind;
briefcases;
ALL knapsacks/ALL backpacks ;
hard coolers or like containers;
glass bottles or cans;
aerosol cans or noisemaking devices;
alcoholic beverages;
commercial video cameras or recording devices;
computers or laptops;
food (except in limited quantities, or for medical, dietary or infant purposes);
weapons (regardless of permit);
pets (unless a service animal);
flags, banners or signs;
laser pointing devices;
tennis racquets;
bicycles; scooters of any type; in-line skates; roller skates; skateboards;
and any other items deemed unlawful or dangerous by the USTA and/or US Open personnel, in its sole discretion.
Your cooperation, patience and understanding is greatly appreciated as we enhance and expand our security efforts to make your visit to the US Open safe and enjoyable.

most important....DO NOT USE A BACK PACK...they will NOT let you in with one.

Puschkin
08-20-2007, 11:32 AM
from USO.org
Your cooperation, patience and understanding is greatly appreciated as we enhance and expand our security efforts to make your visit to the US Open safe and enjoyable.

It might be safe, but not very enjoyable. Why are they forbidding back-packs? :confused:

Shahar26
08-20-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm going to the second day night sessions (with 4 friends) and also the Semis (with one friend)....

I'm all the way up on the 3rd floor (of Ash stadium), but I'm excited anyway :bounce:

Who else is going?

sawan66278
08-20-2007, 05:36 PM
I actually bought one of the ticket plans where I get to watch the night sessions for the first five nights. AND then day and night sessions starting with the end of the men's quarters all the way up to the women's semis!!!!

As a matter of fact, if I can't go to the matches, I may, if people are interested, give some sessions away to members here as a sign of respect for the fellow fans of this forum.

Fee
08-20-2007, 06:02 PM
I guess the people who responded to this same thread in the tournament forum. :)

(bet this thread ends up there too).

Magus13
08-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Going third night sesiion and Men's semis and finals. May try to see a practice session this week.

fedsfan1
08-20-2007, 08:10 PM
It might be safe, but not very enjoyable. Why are they forbidding back-packs? :confused:

Ever since Sept.11, no backpacks have been allowed.

fedsfan1
08-20-2007, 08:13 PM
I'll be there for all of qualies & weekends.

I may go other days but not sure yet which.

Weather for tomorrow STINKS!!!
Rain all day.... :mad:

So I will be there starting Wed.

Enjoy the USOPEN!!!

cheers
Laura

kaylee
08-20-2007, 08:37 PM
yes it is beter to take a large bag like a beach bag it is easier for them to search. A few were turned away last year carrying back packs.

Laura12
08-20-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm going to qualies this Friday with my school and then also to the men's final. I'm psyched!

jcempire
08-20-2007, 10:14 PM
I will be there, I can't wait to see Young beat Nadal and Roger.....

dylan24
08-20-2007, 11:08 PM
i'm going aug 30th

dkw
08-22-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm going to "Open Practice" on Sunday and my tennis instructor got tickets for Tuesday 28th

smitty8
08-22-2007, 08:55 PM
I've been thinking about getting grounds passes for a few days, depends on when/if I can get my condo week switched to anywhere within an hours drive of there. The one and only time I've been was 1995, so I'm sure some security things have changed, but I took in a bottle of water and refilled it at bathroom sinks or water fountains, took in sandwiches and snacks, and had no problem. It helped that I was staying with my aunt then and just took the subway, but she doesn't live there anymore.

physics
08-22-2007, 11:32 PM
I went to the Qualies today. Too bad there were rain delays late in the day. But I saw some stars practicing like sharapova, ivanovic, djokovic!

savesthedizzle
08-23-2007, 03:56 AM
I'll be there tomorrow :)

The USTA is trying to kill me putting Troicki and Cornet on at the same time. :p :rolls:

SaFed2005
08-23-2007, 04:29 AM
I am also going there tomorrow for the qualies...I wish the weather was better!!!

Tzar
08-24-2007, 06:55 AM
I got tickets for row L! (Baseline)

How good theyre?

trixtah
08-24-2007, 11:23 AM
shitty tickets...might as well send them to me :D

Naranoc
08-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Awnser? :unsure:

Burrow
08-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Awnser? :unsure:

:retard:

smitty8
08-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Well, I don't think I can go now, we're having scheduling problems at work. I could get grounds passes the first day or so if I can get off, but it's doubtful at this point. Of course, Labor Day weekend is already sold out, so that's a bust, but I knew it would be. I'd rather go the first few days anyway.
Edit: I just looked at my calendar for work and my only coworker has penned in that she is off next week on Monday and Tuesday and Friday, so no US Open for me this year. We're already arguing about her last minute scheduling changes, it really ticks me off.

Metis
08-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Hey everyone, I have a question about the Grounds pass. I am thinking of going next weekend. There are no passes available on ticketmaster for Saturday (Sept. 1st) but they say they have a limited number that will be sold that day. How feasible is it to get a pass on the middle Saturday on site and how early should I be there to make sure I get one?

jschaff
08-26-2007, 07:29 PM
I am going for the first three days. I have tickets for Sep5 day session that I will not be using. If someone needs them, let me know.

jschaffer@usa.net

Savio
08-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Hey everyone, I have a question about the Grounds pass. I am thinking of going next weekend. There are no passes available on ticketmaster for Saturday (Sept. 1st) but they say they have a limited number that will be sold that day. How feasible is it to get a pass on the middle Saturday on site and how early should I be there to make sure I get one?

I thought about doing the very same thing you were doing but did not want to get caught up with the crowd as well as being left out. I went on Ebay and bought them from a person who had 100% feedback. I paid 100 bucks per ticket. It was a hefty price but being from out of town, I just wanted in.

It's all about risk.

savesthedizzle
09-01-2007, 04:53 AM
I might be going next Tuesday :)

Today was the first day I *haven't* been at the Open and I feel major withdrawal symptoms and am looking at going back :tape: It didn't help any that if I DID have tickets for today I probably would have died at my favorite guy's marathon today :p

trellaine
09-03-2007, 04:12 AM
Scenario: I have tickets for the evening matches for Arthur Ashe Stadium. Am I allowed to enter Louis Armstrong stadium and watch matches there as well? Can I go back and forth or are there special tickets that allow this bouncing around?

I know last year I had tickets for the Quarterfinals in Arthur Ashe but don't think I could go to the other court other than the outside courts?

Reason I bring this up: Jankovic was complaining as people were entering the stadium presumable from the other courts?

Thanks in advance.

guapogreg08
09-03-2007, 04:30 AM
ashe is the only stadium in which ticketing is required. both armstrong and grandstand have reserved seating, but anyone with ground passes can enter them as well as they have general seating

nsidhan
09-03-2007, 04:34 AM
I was at the Open this time last year. If you have tickets to Ashe, you can go to ANY court you wish for that session. But I don't think they play night matches at Armstrong/Grandstand during the second week.

trellaine
09-03-2007, 04:46 AM
I was at the Open this time last year. If you have tickets to Ashe, you can go to ANY court you wish for that session. But I don't think they play night matches at Armstrong/Grandstand during the second week.

Hmm I think my friend also thought as u did but he wasn't entirely sure-thanks!

exposbabe
09-03-2007, 04:55 AM
Yup. Armstrong has reserved seating behind the two ends for people with Ashe tickets. People with grounds passes can sit on the sides.
You should have seen it during the Djokovic-Stepanek match. Complete clusterf..k. The ushers just couldn't get control of the thing.

NYCtennisfan
09-03-2007, 05:06 AM
Yup. Armstrong has reserved seating behind the two ends for people with Ashe tickets. People with grounds passes can sit on the sides.
You should have seen it during the Djokovic-Stepanek match. Complete clusterf..k. The ushers just couldn't get control of the thing.

It was crazy in there that day. :D

IDJ49
09-03-2007, 05:15 AM

Not exactly, the reserved seating in Armstrong are for those who purchased Armstrong tickets. If you have Ashe tickets then you have to sit in general seating along with everyone else.

CarloBelgium
09-03-2007, 10:49 AM
In 6 days from know this 'Dude from Belgium' will be making his first visit to the city that never sleaps, New York! I'm really looking forward to it. I really don't know what to expect, but I've heard from a lot of people it is really impressive! Now my question! I arrive in NY on Friday September 7 at 5 pm local time. Could I still by tickets for the day-session or evening-session of Sept 8 or the eveningsession of Sept 9. Does anyone of you guys have any experience with this kind of situation? The US Open-website isn't that clear. Would I have to buy it on the 'black market' or are there still official instances where I can buy tickets? And how much would they cost? Or is it hopeless to purchase tickets the day of the matches and will I be obliged to watch the matches on TV?
I would be really greatfull if anyone of you could answer these questions! Also, if anyone has any tips for me for events that are really worth it in the period Sept 7 - Sept 23, feel free to tell them to me! Any other tips or suggestions are always welcome, here or in a personal message.
Thank you all in advance!
Greetings,
CarloBelgium

CarloBelgium
09-04-2007, 10:42 PM
anyone?

jole
09-05-2007, 05:40 AM
anyone?

I don't know, but I know someone who got tickets on eBay when Ticketmaster didn't work.