Boris Becker will host a sports talk show on German TV!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Boris Becker will host a sports talk show on German TV!!!

Neely
04-23-2004, 01:38 AM
the name will be Becker 1:1... how inventive :o

It is going to start at April 27th.
The first guest for his first show will be Ottmar Hitzfeld, soccer coach of Bayern Munich.

I'm not so convinced of this show. I think it's not a good idea and I doubt if he is the right man to host a talk show.

only comment I have for this is: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

http://www.sport1.de/coremedia/generator/www.dsf.de/Programm/Becker_201_3A1/Talk_20mit_20Boris_20Becker/Main.html

lieve
04-23-2004, 08:43 AM
the name will be Becker 1:1... how inventive
It sure isn't.

Doesn't Boris Becker work for the BBC as a commentator?
Which channel will broadcast Becker 1:1? Maybe I can watch it sometime.

Conan the Librarian
04-23-2004, 08:58 AM
A lot of people don't like Becker as a commentator but Conan is not one of them.

Mrs. B
04-23-2004, 09:15 AM
His ex wife, Barbara has a tv show. Boris wanted one of his own, too. ;)

Lindsayfan
04-23-2004, 05:33 PM
which channel shows it?

User ID 4783
04-23-2004, 06:38 PM
it's on German sports channel DSF

Lindsayfan
04-23-2004, 10:53 PM
oh ok thanks, that's cool! I wont miss it! ;)

bobblehat
04-24-2004, 12:49 AM
Well hes very laid back and quite dry humour, I think he might be alright

lieve
04-24-2004, 09:12 AM
it's on German sports channel DSF

:sad: too bad, I don't have that channel

Neely
12-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Becker's talkshow is history
German Sports TV announced that there will no be no 2nd season for Becker's talkshow. Viewers dropped from 500000 at the beginning to just 200000 recently. It was not enough and therefore the show ends after 9 months and completing the 1st season, including 11 episodes.

They will continue the partnership with Becker, though, they are planning to give him a leading role as an expert during their daily live Wimbledon broadcast.

http://membres.lycos.fr/neelyb/sonst/MTF/1_big.jpg

DSF setzt Boris Becker ab

29. Dezember 2004 Boris Becker hat ausgetalkt. Das Deutsche Sportfernsehen (DSF) stellt die Sendung des dreimaligen Wimbledon-Siegers mit dem Titel „Becker 1:1” nach nur acht Monaten ein. Laut DSF ist die erste Staffel der Talkrunde „planmäßig zum Ende des Jahres abgeschlossen worden”. Im Jahr 2005 soll der Tennis-Star beim DSF in einzelne Formate und als Experte beim Tennis-Turnier aus Wimbledon eingebunden werden.

In seiner TV-Sendung hatte Boris Becker regelmäßig Top-Sportler und Prominente begrüßt. Erster Gast war am 27. April Ottmar Hitzfeld. Damals schauten in der Spitze rund 500.000 Menschen zu. Dieser Wert wurde bei den folgenden Talkrunden mit Anni Friesinger, Franz Beckenbauer, Rudi Völler oder Johannes B. Kerner mit Ehefrau Britta Becker nicht erreicht. Elfter und letzter Gesprächspartner war am 15. Dezember Günter Netzer.

„Eins gegen eins - das ist die klassische Match-Situation, da gibt es kein Entkommen, keine Ausflüchte”, so hatte Boris Becker den Titel seiner Talkrunde erklärt. Seinem eigenen Anspruch wurde er dabei nicht immer gerecht. So hatte Gerd Niebaum, umstrittener Ex-Präsident von Borussia Dortmund, wenig Mühe, den Fragen des deutschen Sportidols zur Finanzmisere des BVB zu entkommen.

(FAZ)

GermanBoy
12-29-2004, 08:15 PM
His ex wife, Barbara has a tv show. Boris wanted one of his own, too. ;)

Yes, she had a show on Pro 7. She styled some women, one in each show, and looked for a new partner for this woman. One of her assistants styled one room of the woman`s flat. The funny thing was, in one show Barbara got a SMS and everybody knows you can read it many times before you delete it. What did she do? Asked for a piece of paper and a pencil and copied the number on the paper... :haha: :haha: :haha:

Neely
12-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Yes, she had a show on Pro 7. She styled some women, one in each show, and looked for a new partner for this woman. One of her assistants styled one room of the woman`s flat. The funny thing was, in one show Barbara got a SMS and everybody knows you can read it many times before you delete it. What did she do? Asked for a piece of paper and a pencil and copied the number on the paper... :haha: :haha: :haha:
REALLY? So you don't have to write it on paper if you want to read it again and again? :eek: :eek:
:lol:

I didn't know... thanks for telling me! :angel: :hug:

You're the best! :yeah:

Denaon
12-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Damn!!!!!! I'm gonna miss it, I wanna have that channel :(

buddyholly
12-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Damn!!!!!! I'm gonna miss it, I wanna have that channel :(

Why do you want the channel? The show is over.

JMG
12-29-2004, 10:54 PM
I think a problem was that there were no regular times for his show. Sometimes, there was a break of one week between new shows, then a break of 2 or 3 weeks...The last show I saw was the one with Tommy Haas.

Maybe he can be a good expert for Wimbledon ;)