World Group Play-offs: Croatia at Great Britain (September 21-23, 2008) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

World Group Play-offs: Croatia at Great Britain (September 21-23, 2008)

jitterbug
04-30-2007, 09:42 AM
The tie would be hosted by Great Britain; it would be held from the 21st to 23rd September 2007 on Court 1, Wimbledon.

Official announcement link here (http://www.lta.org.uk/Newsroom/GeneralNews/070430DCWimbledon.htm?BSMGuid=18c3e1e1-ab7b-49b7-a2a9-d804530959ee).

AndyUK
06-03-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm expecting us to get destroyed again. Ljubicic and Ancic will wipe the floor with all of our players.

rocketassist
06-03-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm expecting us to get destroyed again. Ljubicic and Ancic will wipe the floor with all of our players.

Don't be daft.

AndyUK
06-03-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm not being daft, I'm being realistic :lol:.

rocketassist
06-03-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm not being daft, I'm being realistic :lol:.

So an Ancic with glandular fever and grass-allergic Ljubicic are going to wipe the floor with grass-comfortable Murray and grass loving Henman then.

We've got a good chance, no question. Ancic's illness and home advantage have given us a real advantage not to mention Karlovic's pay dispute.

We just need to keep our main two players wrapped under cotton wool! Ljubo will need a good grass campaign to convince me he'll take out our top two players on the surface.

Cilic is probably a little inexperienced but he will benefit from his Queen's wildcard.

wolf
06-04-2007, 11:36 AM
This will be a good even tie, if Ancic doesn't recover we should win though.

AndyUK
06-04-2007, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't be looking for Henman to perform. The guy used to be very good, but he doesn't have it anymore in my opinion, not on any surface.

Ancic may have recovered by the end of September. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he has at all. I wouldn't count out Ljubicic either. He's not usually great on grass, but it's very strange. He has the game that usually works on the surface, but just doesn't seem to be able to peform. I think he could surprise a few people in the grass court season.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for us to win. But, I don't think we have the quality.

Forever-Delayed
06-04-2007, 10:32 PM
I think we can win this, but it isn't going to be an easy task to do so

Murray will win both his singles rubbers if he is fit, as he is a lot better than Ljubicic on the grass, and Ancic's game suits Murray perfectly, as Murray loves a target and that is what Ancic will provide (plus we don't know how fit Ancic will be)

Henman will probably have 1 more big match in him, and it would be great for him to produce it here, so he can retire on a high after putting something good together. He should beat Ljubicic on grass, but it depends whether he can really put a good performance together

The doubles is a tough call, but we have a chance in that, as Jamie Murray's game suits grass well, and with the leftie serve he will be tough to break. We should win the doubles, and that gives us another point

Karlovic could be a threat, but against him you always have a chance if you can get it to a tie break. Murray, Henman and Bodganovic love playing against a serve-volleyer, so I don;t think he will be the threat he is being made out to be (plus, other than his run to the Queens final, and beating Hewitt, what has the guy actually done on grass???)

If Murray is fit, we should have enough to get the 3 rubbers... possibly from him, possibly 1 from the doubles, and maybe 1 from Henman as well

susan001
06-07-2007, 05:45 AM
This will be a good even tie, if Ancic doesn't recover we should win though.

this is waht i wanna say

ae wowww
06-29-2007, 02:01 PM
I sorted my tickets yesterday, for Saturday only.

Deathless Mortal
07-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Ancic will be ready :)

K90
07-29-2007, 12:24 PM
if ancic is ready we will win :)

Jimnik
07-30-2007, 02:57 AM
Bought my ticket during one of the many rain delays at Wimbledon.

Ancic and Murray both still injured. Maybe Bogdanovic and Cilic could play instead.

jazar
08-03-2007, 11:00 AM
croatia will win

ae wowww
08-04-2007, 04:59 PM
I bought my tickets on-site in late June, but they still haven't come through? Anyone got theirs yet?

Deathless Mortal
08-15-2007, 09:05 AM
You can see now that Mario is back, defeated Haas, and Murray is not playing well. Winning only 4 games against Fognini and 3 against Baghdatis is bad. I think Great Britain has no chance.

Blue Heart24
08-15-2007, 09:37 AM
You can see now that Mario is back, defeated Haas, and Murray is not playing well. Winning only 4 games against Fognini and 3 against Baghdatis is bad. I think Great Britain has no chance.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Good one.

Ancic won only because Haas is a mental midget,Mario is not anywhere near the form that should help us.Ivan too.

If Ivo won't play,we are in trouble.

Henman will be solid on grass,he can beat the grass Ivan,and Ancic if he won't play better.I believe Murray will be fine for this.

Basically,we need Ivan to bring up his form,or Ivo in the team.:wavey:

jazar
08-15-2007, 12:26 PM
I think Great Britain has no chance.

so true. we will be hammered

Deathless Mortal
08-15-2007, 01:50 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Good one.

Ancic won only because Haas is a mental midget,Mario is not anywhere near the form that should help us.Ivan too.

If Ivo won't play,we are in trouble.

Henman will be solid on grass,he can beat the grass Ivan,and Ancic if he won't play better.I believe Murray will be fine for this.

Basically,we need Ivan to bring up his form,or Ivo in the team.:wavey:

:haha: :haha: :haha:
You're very funny
I know Ancic is not in his best form but he surely did a better comeback than Murray who is struggling against not very good players like Fognini :o
And our 4th player Cilic already defeated Henman on grass so I really don't think Henman can beat either Ivan or Mario.
Murray is fine, but this is in a month and his form is awful and he won't play like he did before his injury.
So what are you saying that we'll lose?
If so then you are the funny one.
Anyway, we'll wait and see.
We'll beat them 4-1 I think

Deathless Mortal
08-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Why do the matches start at 10am GMT? :scratch:

NyGeL
08-16-2007, 07:40 PM
becouse it is played outdoor, on london, and with natural light.

Horatio Caine
08-17-2007, 09:01 PM

It is hard to think positively, I have to admit. :sad:

I mean, Lloyd has a problem with our reserve players. Do we go for 3 singles players and 1 doubles player, or 2 singles players and 2 doubles players? Right now, we need 3 singles players as we can't bank on Andy. Andy can't be expected to play doubles, so that would leave Tim or our 3rd singles player to partner Jamie. My solution would be to put Josh Goodall in the team - sure, he has little talent, but he isn't a bad doubles player, and he can win just enough games to avoid being a total disgrace if he is called up for singles.

Anyway, the draw isn't that bad. This is how it would currently stand for Friday (in no particular order):

Murray v Ancic / Karlovic
Henman v Ljubicic

Even a fit Muzza would struggle to put away Ancic, but I think Tim has a reasonable shot at beating Ljubo...laugh all you want.

Without Muzza:

Henman v Ancic / Karlovic
Goodall(?) v Ljubicic

Could still be a 1-1 scenario after the 1st day...depends how much Ancic improves over the next month. Even at his best, he crapped his pants in live rubbers anyway.

Doubles is crucial to the tie and, in all honesty, I wish we still had Greg for this. :sobbing:

All in all, I don't think all is lost just yet. Although much rests of Tim's shoulders...which is mildly amusing considering his current predicament. :o

jitterbug
08-17-2007, 11:51 PM
It's frustrating that this is such a tantalising tie on paper, provided that all players are 100% fit - but in reality the Brit singles players are struggling with injury, Mario is still feeling his way back in, and Karlovic would probably not play.

Jimnik
08-19-2007, 04:54 AM
On current form, Henman v Ljubicic will be a laugh. We'll surely see a very high standard of choking.

At least Croatia has Ancic and possibly Karlovic who can beat anyone on grass. Even if he's fully fit, Murray will have to play himself into form and I don't see it happening unless he gets a very lucky draw at the USO.

fanancic
08-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Mario will be out because of a shoulder injury... poor guy!

jitterbug
08-27-2007, 12:16 PM
This tie is turning into more and more of a debacle by the day :help:

keqtqiadv
08-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Gbr 4-1

Horatio Caine
08-27-2007, 02:34 PM
If I were John Lloyd:

Henman and Andy Murray for singles (if fit). Goodall and Jamie Murray for doubles. Goodall would also be a reasonable reserve singles player. Although Baker is playing well (but not suitable doubles material imo).

As things stand with the Croats, they are without Ancic (hope he gets better soon...really unfortunate) and Karlovic (not committed yet, I take it?), so their two main players are Ljubicic and Cilic.

Therefore, the draw may look something like this:

Murray v Cilic
Henman v Ljubicic

Goodall / J Murray v Cilic / Ljubicic

Murray v Ljubicic
Henman v Cilic

Very winnable for GBR.

Forever-Delayed
08-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Team for Team GB will be Andy Murray, Jamie Murray, Tim Henman, Jamie Baker

So Murray and Henman for the singles, and then probably the Murray brothers in the doubles

With Ancic out this has turned into a very good chance for GB to win this tie, as they will be strong favourites to win the doubles, and Murray looked 95-100% fit today, so he would expect to beat Ljubicic and Cilic/Karlovic on grass, so that would be the 3 rubbers

Ivo#1Fan
09-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Team for Team GB will be Andy Murray, Jamie Murray, Tim Henman, Jamie Baker

So Murray and Henman for the singles, and then probably the Murray brothers in the doubles

With Ancic out this has turned into a very good chance for GB to win this tie, as they will be strong favourites to win the doubles, and Murray looked 95-100% fit today, so he would expect to beat Ljubicic and Cilic/Karlovic on grass, so that would be the 3 rubbers

Doubles may not be that easy, Ljubicic and Karlovic are a pretty descent pair. They beat the Bryan brothers to clinch win in World Team Championship match last year and this was when the Bryan's were in form and winning everything.

Deathless Mortal
09-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Doubles may not be that easy, Ljubicic and Karlovic are a pretty descent pair. They beat the Bryan brothers to clinch win in World Team Championship match last year and this was when the Bryan's were in form and winning everything.

Ljubo and Karlovic to play together? :help:
They could be a great pair but considering the fight they had in the media that wouldn't work i'm afraid. And Karlovic won't play here most probably :sad:
Things are much more worse for Croatia now. Cilic defeated Henman on grass once but i'm not sure if he could do it again :help:
Ljubo could beat Henman i'm sure and doubles could easily be lost.
:sad:
I'm afraid with Ljubo/Cilic it looks like a 4-1 win for GBR
Ivo please play that tie! :sobbing:

chabela
09-10-2007, 08:11 PM
I found this article (http://www.jutarnji.hr/sport/tenis/clanak/art-2007,9,10,,89509.jl). I think Karlovic will not play. I don't understand Croatian.
What about Ancic?

Karlovićev SMS: Ne idem u London, sorry

ZAGREB - Trakavica oko Ive Karlovića i njegova mogućeg povratka u Davis Cup reprezentaciju je razriješena. Hrvatska će i protiv Velike Britanije u Wimbledonu biti bez Karlovićeve pomoći. Svoju je odluku “Div sa Šalate” priopćio poslavši e-mail Marini Mihelić, izvršnoj direktorici HTS-a, te tekstualnu poruku izborniku Goranu Prpiću: “Ne idem u London, sorry”.

- Pokušao sam zvati Ivu, ali ne odgovara na moje pozive. Nema razgovora, samo poruka. Ne znam još što ću napraviti, ali po svemu sudeći njega smo izgubili - rekla je Mihelić.

E-mail koji je Karlović poslao u ured HTS-a bio je nešto opširniji i sadržavao je zahtjev da ga se ne prijavljuje za momčad koja će se od 21. do 23. rujna suprotstaviti Timu Henmanu, Andyju i Jamieju Murrayju te Jamieju Bakeru. Prvi rok za prijavu momčadi istječe u utorak, ali se sve do sat vremena prije službenog ždrijeba (četvrtak, dan uoči početka meča) dvije nominacije mogu promijeniti.

Prpićeva prijava trebala bi sadržavati imena Ivana Ljubičića, Marina Čilića, Roka Karanušića i Lovre Zovka. No, čuvši za rasplet situacije s Karlovićem, Mario Ančić se odlučio povući potez.

- Probat ću uzeti reket u ruke i malo igrati, vidjeti kako se osjećam - poručio je iz Splita.

Prpić je pomalo skeptičan glede Ančićeva uključivanja za ovaj meč.

- Ne bih si mogao oprostiti da mu se stanje pogorša zbog igranja u Londonu. Znam za njegovu ogromnu želju da nam pomogne, ali u ovakvim je situacijama bolje ne ići glavom kroza zid.

croat123
09-14-2007, 05:13 PM
cilic had a good result in beijing, karanusic just won a challenger, and zovko just won a doubles challenger and is in the finals of ljubljana tomorrow.

NyGeL
09-17-2007, 12:00 AM
people is understimating Ljubo and Marin, and it seems they forget last Henman and Murray results, wich are not so good.

This will be a hard tie, all 5 matches can go either way.

Horatio Caine
09-18-2007, 03:10 PM
people is understimating Ljubo and Marin, and it seems they forget last Henman and Murray results, wich are not so good.

This will be a hard tie, all 5 matches can go either way.

Completely agree.

Cilic is the weaker link (assuming he is playing both singles) and we'd have to beat him twice. But the fact remains that we still have to get at least 1 point off Ljubicic (I expect him to partner Zovko in doubles).

I don't entirely agree with Henman's statement that we're favourites in doubles...sure, Jamie Murray is the better doubles player out of all 8 on paper, but Ljubo certainly isn't bad! From where I see it, we don't have any more options than them anyway. I mean, we should be fielding Jamie Murray; they should field Ljubicic. We have two players who can partner Jamie (Andy or Henman) while they have two who can feasibly partner Ljubo (Zovko and Cilic).

However, I think Henman is very right in saying that the doubles will probably hold the key to the outcome of the tie. More so if we head indoors. 4 points up for grabs in singles, and most of those matches could go either way.

Really excited!!! :banana: :crazy: :bounce:

RickDaStick
09-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Im hearing the same things that were being said the days before the Croatia tie in the USA and we all know what happened there. Sure Croatia is short handed but why is every so confident in the Brits? Henman isnt what he once was on grass and Murray is in bad form.

Blue Heart24
09-18-2007, 07:51 PM
I think the key will be Ljubo vs. Murray,if Murray wins that match we are done.

Jimnik
09-19-2007, 01:26 AM
Im hearing the same things that were being said the days before the Croatia tie in the USA and we all know what happened there. Sure Croatia is short handed but why is every so confident in the Brits? Henman isnt what he once was on grass and Murray is in bad form.
Who here is "confident in the Brits"?

The weather forecast doesn't look good for Friday and if it is moved indoors the Brits don't have much of a chance.

Horatio Caine
09-19-2007, 08:10 AM
I think the key will be Ljubo vs. Murray,if Murray wins that match we are done.

I agree with Goran in thinking that the key is Henman v Ljubo. If the Brits can forge a 2-0 lead on Day 01, the tie is virtually others (although not guaranteed).

Horatio Caine
09-19-2007, 08:12 AM
Who here is "confident in the Brits"?

The weather forecast doesn't look good for Friday and if it is moved indoors the Brits don't have much of a chance.

I'm certainly not all that confident! :lol:

We really OUGHT to take 2 points off Cilic, but that isn't guaranteed. Ljubo will be incredibly tough to beat in singles, and it wouldn't surprise me if he goes unbeaten. Doubles is very important and we have the edge there...but Ljubo isn't exactly a bad doubles player anyway.

As Henman said, there are certainly 4 singles rubbers that can go practically any way. :shrug:

Blue Heart24
09-19-2007, 08:52 AM
I agree with Goran in thinking that the key is Henman v Ljubo. If the Brits can forge a 2-0 lead on Day 01, the tie is virtually others (although not guaranteed).

Ljubo just won't lose to Henman.
Based on Murray's form,I think it's more likely that Cilic will beat Murray than Henman to beat Ljubo.But of course,that would be a shocker.Still, who knows,Cilic seem to found some good game in Beijing and he was pretty good in Queens this year.Hopefully the pressure wont be too much for him.

Blue Heart24
09-19-2007, 08:56 AM
Ivan's motivation will be huge for this.His last DC tie,tough situation for us,he will give his everything.
And I don't care what others say,but he won a title this year on grass,and played solid in Wimbledon,this is his best grass year for sure.

adee-gee
09-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Ljubo will be incredibly tough to beat in singles, and it wouldn't surprise me if he goes unbeaten.

Even if it's moved indoors, Ljubicic will do well to win a match.

Horatio Caine
09-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Ljubo just won't lose to Henman.

Just like Henman wouldn't lose to Isner, and 95% of your other tennis predictions? Henman is undoubtedly the underdog, and rightly so, but if this match does go ahead on grass, he has a realistic shot imo.

Ivan's motivation will be huge for this.His last DC tie,tough situation for us,he will give his everything.
And I don't care what others say,but he won a title this year on grass,and played solid in Wimbledon,this is his best grass year for sure.

Name one half-decent player he beat on grass this year. This is roughly the same as his run to last year's FO SF.

Murray and Henman are far from their best at the moment (which will help him), but if they play half-decently, they are the toughest opposition he will have faced on this surface, this year. I'm not saying either Brit will beat him, but I think it is foolish to place too much weight on a MM title.

Horatio Caine
09-19-2007, 09:29 AM

Even if it's moved indoors, Ljubicic will do well to win a match.

Hopefully my jinx will work. :p

Ljuba Truba :worship:

Deathless Mortal
09-19-2007, 12:21 PM
People forget Cilic defeated Henman on grass this year. Of course this is a new match, but I don't see why is everybody sure Henman will beat him this time. If Cilic beats him again we'll most probably win the tie. And Murray lost to Fognini in 2 easy sets, he plays a bit better now but not not like in his best days.

Horatio Caine
09-19-2007, 01:23 PM
People forget Cilic defeated Henman on grass this year. Of course this is a new match, but I don't see why is everybody sure Henman will beat him this time. If Cilic beats him again we'll most probably win the tie. And Murray lost to Fognini in 2 easy sets, he plays a bit better now but not not like in his best days.

You're making me more worried now! :lol:

Yeah Cilic has his chances against both guys, but Murray's all-round consistency is generally a bad match for his style. As for Henman, the match-up is far closer, but I guess Tim gets the edge over 5 sets, at Wimbledon, and in this sort of competition...Cilic hasn't hit the ground running as far as Davis Cup is concerned and nerves will probably play a part in his performance, at least in the beginning.

Deathless Mortal
09-19-2007, 03:18 PM
You're making me more worried now! :lol:

Yeah Cilic has his chances against both guys, but Murray's all-round consistency is generally a bad match for his style. As for Henman, the match-up is far closer, but I guess Tim gets the edge over 5 sets, at Wimbledon, and in this sort of competition...Cilic hasn't hit the ground running as far as Davis Cup is concerned and nerves will probably play a part in his performance, at least in the beginning.

I don't think Murray will lose to Marin, but I think Ivan could beat him. And Henman is the favourite against Marin since it's a best of 5 match, but maybe Marin can finally win a best of 5 match :D

ae wowww
09-19-2007, 04:42 PM
"For the last three months we have been trying to talk Ivo Karlovic into playing and three days before we name the team, he tells us he is not coming. Mario Ancic is injured and then I asked Goran Ivanisevic if he would consider helping us in the doubles but he said no."

Very interesting that Ivanisevic was considered. I am looking forward to the tie with great anticipation! I love the Wimby grounds, will be strange outside of the tournament.

Blue Heart24
09-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Just like Henman wouldn't lose to Isner, and 95% of your other tennis predictions? Henman is undoubtedly the underdog, and rightly so, but if this match does go ahead on grass, he has a realistic shot imo.

Name one half-decent player he beat on grass this year. This is roughly the same as his run to last year's FO SF.

Murray and Henman are far from their best at the moment (which will help him), but if they play half-decently, they are the toughest opposition he will have faced on this surface, this year. I'm not saying either Brit will beat him, but I think it is foolish to place too much weight on a MM title.

I never watched Isner,I have been told he has no game (which is true),and I havent watched Henman for months.Every normal person would predict the same as me.But once again this year,your Timmy boy just showed he sucks at the moment.:wavey: Keep your false hopes alive.

That Spanish guy who posted in Gamblers lounge some while ago was so right about you.

jazar
09-19-2007, 09:13 PM
the croatians are very well prepared: half of them didnt have grass court shoes til they bought some this morning

Jimnik
09-20-2007, 02:12 AM
Well, I've got my ticket for the Friday and Saturday but I'm not confident of seeing much. :rain: :rolleyes:

Labamba
09-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Friday
Andy Murray (GBR) v Marin Cilic (CRO)
Tim Henman (GBR) v Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)

Saturday
Andy Murray/Jamie Murray (GBR) v Ivan Ljubicic/Lovro Zovko (CRO)

Sunday
Andy Murray (GBR) v Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)
Tim Henman (GBR) v Marin Cilic (CRO)

The Brits should win, 4-1 or 3-2

Horatio Caine
09-20-2007, 12:23 PM
I never watched Isner,I have been told he has no game (which is true),and I havent watched Henman for months.Every normal person would predict the same as me.But once again this year,your Timmy boy just showed he sucks at the moment.:wavey: Keep your false hopes alive.

That Spanish guy who posted in Gamblers lounge some while ago was so right about you.

Surprisingly enough, few of us (including myself) had ever seen him play...but some can look at a stat (e.g. 6'9 height) and put 2+2 together to make 4. And no, you're not normal.

Tim has sucked most of the year, but Ivan's current form is nothing to write home about. If Ljubo struggles with his serve, he will have problems. Otherwise, he'll probably win at least Friday's match. What I'm saying is that the value is more likely to be with Henman - for betting purposes.

That guy likes to stir up shit, and he is English actually. He is also one of the most spineless posters to have ever trolled these boards...funny that you like that sort of "individual" on here.

Deathless Mortal
09-20-2007, 02:24 PM
I have school till 1pm CET :mad:
I probably won't be able to watch Murray-Cilic at all
But I expect Murray to win that one and then Ljubo has to beat Henman :rocker2:

Blue Heart24
09-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Surprisingly enough, few of us (including myself) had ever seen him play...but some can look at a stat (e.g. 6'9 height) and put 2+2 together to make 4. And no, you're not normal.

Tim has sucked most of the year, but Ivan's current form is nothing to write home about. If Ljubo struggles with his serve, he will have problems. Otherwise, he'll probably win at least Friday's match. What I'm saying is that the value is more likely to be with Henman - for betting purposes.

That guy likes to stir up shit, and he is English actually. He is also one of the most spineless posters to have ever trolled these boards...funny that you like that sort of "individual" on here.

:haha: This coming from an idiot who pretends to be an succesful bettor and the "biggest smartass of all time",who tells people that their betting sucks (to everyone who doesnt bet on huge prices),who ends up almost every week in minus,and the best thing,his normal bets are from 2-5 pounds :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :retard: :retard: :retard:

At least say something smart you moron.And stop commenting and disrespecting other people's opinion and bets and everything.But I guess thats too hard to understand for such an idiot like you.

Blue Heart24
09-20-2007, 07:12 PM
I have school till 1pm CET :mad:
I probably won't be able to watch Murray-Cilic at all
But I expect Murray to win that one and then Ljubo has to beat Henman :rocker2:

They start at 12 pm cet :confused:
You will only miss the first hour.Unless your school is far from home :wavey:

Horatio Caine
09-20-2007, 09:46 PM
:haha: This coming from an idiot who pretends to be an succesful bettor and the "biggest smartass of all time",who tells people that their betting sucks (to everyone who doesnt bet on huge prices),who ends up almost every week in minus,and the best thing,his normal bets are from 2-5 pounds :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :retard: :retard: :retard:

At least say something smart you moron.And stop commenting and disrespecting other people's opinion and bets and everything.But I guess thats too hard to understand for such an idiot like you.

Please see a PM I have just sent you...at least I have some class. :rolleyes:

Back onto the discussion in hand...may the best team win this weekend, and I wouldn't mind there being a live 5th rubber with Henman sealing the deal. :devil:

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 09:12 AM
OMG,:scared: :scared: :scared:

Croatian teletext says (betting site) says that Ljubo withdrew :sad: :sad: :sad:
Still waiting for official confirmation :bigcry: I really hope its not true.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 09:14 AM
It's confirmed :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

Just fuck this shit :sobbing:
Without first 3 players
Fuck you Ivo
Could have played,youre not injured :mad: Bloody hell :sad:

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Marin,
just give your best,
you can do this,
you can beat Murray.

Roko,you have talent
you know this shit,
just give your all
you can do it also.

Horatio Caine
09-21-2007, 09:53 AM
I somehow get the feeling that Dr. Ivo may be public enemy #1 in Croatia. :scared: :bolt:

Horatio Caine
09-21-2007, 09:55 AM
Well Cilic could still shock an out-of-sorts Murray, and Timbo hasn't been at his best for a while, so the tie isn't over. This is GBR's tie to lose, but it isn't as if we haven't been in this situation before, and lost (e.g. Ecuador :retard: ).

jitterbug
09-21-2007, 09:56 AM
.. and thus Great Britain take on a Croatian team led by Marin Cilic :help:

Labamba
09-21-2007, 10:17 AM
GBR can't lose this tie now :tape:

jitterbug
09-21-2007, 10:27 AM
BBC said that Ivan's participation will be confirmed at the last possible minute.. As far as they are concerned, right now Ljubo is still down to play.

Looking unlikely, though :tape:

jitterbug
09-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Muzza is broken :help:

Allegretto
09-21-2007, 10:49 AM
First set to Cilic. He's serving so well.

fanancic
09-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Poor team of Croatia!!! Ancic and ljubicic out, they are very unlucky!!
God luck cilic! play your best!

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Cilic,what a scared little boy,he will lose in 4.:lol:
He looks :scared:

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 11:25 AM
He will get broken now.
Down *4-5.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Scared little boy.

Blue Heart24
DF,0-30,what a fucking shithead.

Blue Heart24
15-30

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 11:27 AM
2 sp's GBR.
Fuck your head Cilic you shithead.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 11:27 AM
One saved.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Marin,Marin :sad: Why are you so weak in head?

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 11:33 AM
2 times he had 0-30 in the second,and then he gets broken at 4-5 as usually :retard:

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 11:36 AM
This idiot cant hit a proper forehand.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 11:37 AM
So much talent,so little brain.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Go eat a bagel Cilic.What a clown.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Murray 3-6 6-4 6-2

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Cilic 1-0 with a break.Hold :help:

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Cilic 2-0 :D
Still a looooooooong way to go in this set.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Cilic *3-0 with 2 breaks :D
Gotta win this set now.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Ajmo!Please fight!

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:13 PM
He chokes one break away.
if he loses this...Better for him to win this set.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Great FH Cilic :spit: :haha:

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:15 PM
He is 195 cm's tall,plays on grass,and doesnt have a proper serve.Who's training him?

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:18 PM
They just showed Ancic,:haha:he looks like tipsarevic :spit:
Choking idiot 15-30 down.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Marin saving himself with help of the umpire.:lol:
ad Cilic.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Cilic 4-2.
He tried so hard to choke but he couldnt make it.:lol: He has 2 more chance though.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:25 PM
2 bp/sp(?)

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Cilic *5-2 0-30 another choke coming.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:29 PM
2 bp's Murray

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Deuce

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:32 PM
broken

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:32 PM
5-3*
We all know whats coming at *5-4 for Cilic :mad: :o

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:33 PM
:haha: what a lucky point,0-15

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Cilic *5-4
Dont you dare to choke again.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:39 PM
:eek: 40-30

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:41 PM
CILIC 6-4 :woohoo:

Please Marin,just fight and DONT choke.

Action Jackson
09-21-2007, 12:42 PM
6-4 Cilic

Stop giving him shit.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Shits in his pants.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:47 PM
2 bp's Murray.Bilbo's grandmother is a moving master for Cilic.His legs are dead.

tennisgal_001
09-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Murray breaks, *2-0

GSM?

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Broken.Nice one Marin.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Cilic will now completely crash.There is no fighting spirit in this headcase.Like in all of them.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Cilic surely has a good shot at Blake's losing 5 set record.He's even bigger headcase than James.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 12:52 PM
He doesnt give a fuck.First sign of trouble=give up.

tennisgal_001
09-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Cut him some slack, he's still got a long way to go.

3-0* Murray

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Cut him some slack, he's still got a long way to go.

3-0* Murray

Yes he is ,but headcases very rarely change.His head and his movement are his biggest problems.And he has an extremely weak serve for his height.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Murray *4-2

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 01:03 PM
5-2
Cilic is useless.

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Our only chance to stay alive in this tie is Roko beating Henman or Cilic/Zovko beating Murrays + Ivan to be fit on Sunday :haha:

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Murray 5-3*
Try not to miss 4 shots here,ok Marin?:lol:

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 01:15 PM
GSM Murray.

Beat the old man Roko.

Horatio Caine
09-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Is Roko just warming up or does he always serve as slow as that? :eek:

Labamba
09-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Karanusic 1-0*

c'mon Tim :cool:

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Roko is horrible for now.But Tim is also very bad.I think if Roko can put a few shots together,he has a solid chance.Poor quality.

SwiSha
09-21-2007, 02:01 PM
lets go Tim

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Fight Roko!

Blue Heart24
09-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Roko 4-6 3-6 :sad:

Labamba
09-21-2007, 03:40 PM
GSM Henman 6-4 6-3 6-3

nice one Tim :bigclap:

Jimnik
09-22-2007, 02:22 AM
Great fun to be at Wimby outside the Championships.

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/DC07_13_.jpg

Construction work goes on. The four massive cranes hanging over Centre Court were visible from inside Court One:

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/DC07_5_.jpg

And there was something missing on Henman Hill:
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/DC07_14_.jpg
Notice what it is? :p

ae wowww
09-22-2007, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the pics, Jimnik - looking forward to heading to Wimbledon, myself, today.

seljanin
09-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Well done, Timmy!!! :yeah:

Horatio Caine
09-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Hoping Tim plays doubles today (instead of Andy)...he and Jamie have the makings of a strong partnership (good serving and strong volleying - the latter will perhaps be more effective given the left&right combination - e.g. Henman/Rusedski were 8-1 together). I've never been a fan of Andy in doubles...don't know what some see in him to be honest. :confused: His performance yesterday was pretty poor, and I think he should be rested in case the tie is still live going into Sunday.

Can't see what we lose by putting Henman in...good chance to wrap up the tie today, or, failing that, having a fresh Andy beat Karanusic in the 4th rubber on Sunday.

Jimnik
09-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Well Tim won't be around after this tie so you might as well let the Murray brothers get some good experience together as a doubles team.

Horatio Caine
09-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Well Tim won't be around after this tie so you might as well let the Murray brothers get some good experience together as a doubles team.

Very true. :lol:

But I'd rather we delay the inevitable crapiness. :tape: :o

jitterbug
09-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Henman's officially partnering Jamie Murray in the doubles!

One last roar for the Tiger!

Labamba
09-22-2007, 12:57 PM
first set Croatia 6-4

JMG
09-22-2007, 01:14 PM
:tape:

Zirconek
09-22-2007, 01:22 PM
:help:

Labamba
09-22-2007, 01:28 PM
The Brits level it up

4-6 6-4

Horatio Caine
09-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Croatia still favourites imo. Jamie is a bit of a liability on the return (and his serving isn't all that good).

VOX
09-22-2007, 01:48 PM
gb wake up...

Allegretto
09-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Jamie is playing really poorly. He's far better than he's shown today.

ae wowww
09-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Jamie didn't return at all well yesterday, and struggled with putaways on a number of occasions. A win nonetheless, and Andy has just won 4 and 6 against Karanusic to make it 4-0.

Funny to hear Rusedski commentating that Andy was chipping the return too much :lol:, when that's all that Greg did. Good luck JB in 5th rubber!

jitterbug
09-23-2007, 12:06 PM
Good luck Baker :D