Babolat Pure Drive cracking [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Babolat Pure Drive cracking

bearingbreaker92
04-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Has anyone had a problem with your babolat cracking?

Look on the inside of the raquet, where it says "Lead Tape Location"

There is a little crack running right down the middle, down the two sides of the raquet

It eventually ends, but now white flecks of raquet are coming off, and its bothering me

Does anybody know if this is a serious problem to the integrity of the raquet or not, or has anyone had a similar problem to me?

phucng_10
05-04-2007, 05:47 AM
Holy..

Well, I just bought this racquet from a friend and I noticed this crack.
I was wondering if there was any way to fix it cause, when I play, I think about it..
and I'm worried that I about to pay $80 for this racquet and it might crack sometime soon.
If you look closely, it looks like its about to go in deep. :sad:
Should I get a new grommet, and put some head tape from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock.
On the inside? Or what should I do?
What would help? Cause it's really worrying me.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b122/bmx_408/DSC02786.jpg

I have that crack thats running down the lead tape location as well.
These cracks are worrying me!

gaz
05-16-2007, 03:10 PM
that has hit something harder than a tennis ball i.e. the floor

rackets are repairable however it will affect the balance of the racket

gaz
05-16-2007, 03:11 PM
where you are complaining is the weakest point the of the racket and 2 and 10 o clock

gaz
05-25-2007, 08:00 AM
did this ever get solved?

Tzar
05-25-2007, 11:06 PM
Mine, 15 days after i bought it! it cracked completly!!!!

gaz
06-19-2007, 10:31 PM
and what happened in those 15 days

jazar
06-22-2007, 09:39 PM
what you do is send it to babolat and tell them that you were just hitting forehands and it suddenly cracker, if you threw it on the floor don't mention this that. if you are lucky, they will send you a new racket

GlennMirnyi
06-23-2007, 01:04 AM
No surprise there. Babolat sucks.

jazar
06-23-2007, 09:49 PM

so true.

AceMaker
06-24-2007, 06:06 AM

yes, I prefer Prince :)

GlennMirnyi
06-24-2007, 07:18 AM
Head and Wilson are the best, no doubt about it.

gaz
06-24-2007, 11:58 AM
there is doubt abot head wilson and prince being the best clearly as it stands wilson is no1 in tennis when it comes to rsckets and babolat is number 2 and the most used racket in all the slams last 2 years

gaz
06-24-2007, 11:59 AM
u send it off to babolat and they will see how it broke an engineer is employed to see how it breaks

rackets are designed to tennis balls and nt floors or posts

jazar
06-24-2007, 12:27 PM
yes, I prefer Prince :)

prince? what the hell is wrong with you? of all the major manufacturers, at the moment their rackets are the worst

belco
06-24-2007, 07:17 PM
prince? what the hell is wrong with you? of all the major manufacturers, at the moment their rackets are the worst

:rolls: :yeah:

gaz
06-24-2007, 11:11 PM
if your babolat pure drive is cracked please explain and be honest how it broke and how old it is and your level etc

GlennMirnyi
06-25-2007, 03:50 AM
there is doubt abot head wilson and prince being the best clearly as it stands wilson is no1 in tennis when it comes to rsckets and babolat is number 2 and the most used racket in all the slams last 2 years

Wilson is just Federer and Babolat is a moonballer's racket. Head has the best manufacturing quality of them all.

gaz
06-25-2007, 11:33 PM
that is rubbish they are stats that i have used not just my opinion my opinion is i dont like wilson rackets but they are #1 the sell the most they are number one

and i tell you what roddick is the most powerful moonballer in the world as so is nadal and moya think before you write

gaz
06-25-2007, 11:34 PM
now back up your claim of that head has the best manufacturing quality

and that the only person who uses wilson is head and that babolat is a moonballers racket

say it now prove it

GlennMirnyi
06-26-2007, 02:23 AM
All moonballers. Tell me one non-mooballer playing with Babolat. :lol: Roddick can't hit a forehand winner to save his life.

The only top player using Wilson is Federer. Djokovic used Head since he was a kid, he changed just for money. Murray uses Head.

gaz
06-26-2007, 01:45 PM
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/scores/stats/day1/1017ms.html

so non of roddicks 36 winners were forehands

he won the us open without hitting a forehand winner he has the fastest serve in the world and you are trying to sy he is a moonballer sort it out u have no idea about the game at all obviously

djokivic is still playing with wilson for money or not he is playing with wilson i am sure federer is being paid as well you have no diea on what you are talking about it is your opinion not fact

GlennMirnyi
06-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Roddick has only power on the serve. No placement. Karlovic serves much better, plays with Head. :silly: So does Ljubicic. Roddick 36 winners? Against who? Because against Federer he can't hit a winner to save his life.

Federer always played with Wilson. Djoko plays with the same old Head with a paintjob.

Get a clue, 12 year-old.

jazar
06-27-2007, 10:16 AM
that is rubbish they are stats that i have used not just my opinion my opinion is i dont like wilson rackets but they are #1 the sell the most they are number one
and i tell you what roddick is the most powerful moonballer in the world as so is nadal and moya think before you write

not true. for some strange reason, babolat sell more. its because, in comparison to wilson, the babolats are easier to use. but, babolats are all bought by juniors who have no variation and just want to stand at the back of the court bashing the ball. head rackets are players rackets. it takes talent to use them. it takes no talent to use a babolat.

gaz
06-28-2007, 01:09 AM
glenn karlovic is so good who does he have in the next round of wimbledon?

djoko is playing with wilson seen it in the stringers hut at wimbledon on monday

it takes talent to play tennis you idiot so you are a better player if you use a head now how many in the top 10 use wilson head and babolat mens ?

gaz
06-28-2007, 01:15 AM
1st Federer , R. wilson
2nd Nadal , R. BABOLAT
3rd Roddick , A. BABOLAT
4th Davydenko , N. head
5th Djokovic , N. wilson
6th Gonzalez , F. BABOLAT
7th Robredo , T. dunlop
8th Murray , A. head
9th Blake , J. dunlop
10th Haas , T. dunlop

gaz
06-28-2007, 01:15 AM
wilson 2
babolat 3 all in the top 6
head 2
dunlop 3

Tzar
07-02-2007, 05:46 AM
I like the Head Liquidmetal instinct!

Also The PureDrive :)

BTW!..What about yonex.. you opinions!...

Nalbandian's Racquet is the same as Wich BABOLAT RACQUET to compare.. ?

Tzar
07-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Gaz, jazar, belco, glenn mirny.. do you mind helping me with my thread about what racquet to buy, thnas!