Monte Carlo [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Monte Carlo

Lizan
04-20-2004, 09:39 AM
It's too bad Seb and Arnaud have already lost in doubles (before I even new they were playing together)..

Lets hope seb's going far this time.. I will only be happy when he reaches quarterfinals..

Lizan
04-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Although his draw is very tough!!

esther
04-20-2004, 11:49 AM
i hope whoever wins tonite can at least get to the quarters...but thats probably hoping for a bit much but ALLEZ to whoever wins!!

wilma
04-20-2004, 03:13 PM
his 1st serve percentage is abysmal. Again! He should improve that if he wants to go as far as the QF. Well let's see if he can beat Clément first.

Oh goodie! Seb has won already!

Allez Seb!!!!

Marine
04-20-2004, 03:33 PM
Not a great match, not surprising. But it's good to watch them on the same court though.

Lizan
04-20-2004, 07:53 PM
you're so lucky marine, u always see him on tv.. What do I get, not even a dutch tennisplayer on tv!!

esther
04-21-2004, 01:57 AM
Hey marine i dont think i've ever asked you- did you ever see arnaud and seb's famous sf at aus open??

esther
04-21-2004, 01:57 AM
Seb plays martin next round
alllllllleeeezzzz Keep going Seb :D

sam
04-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Allez Seb!

wilma
04-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Good luck to Seb later today!

ALLEZ SEB :banana:

wilma
04-21-2004, 04:51 PM
Well, honestly 4-6 2-6 against Martin!!! for crying out loud! :( Another disappointment, I think.

Marine
04-21-2004, 06:05 PM
:mad: My allergy to the clay players is coming back !!! AIE
Martin is the typic clay player I hate, and he worn Seb out physically with his lifts !!!
He fought until the end but it was not enough today. Now he will train hard in the next days for the future masters series, to be ready for RG !

Lizan
04-22-2004, 02:47 PM
And I'm soooooooo looking forward to RG.. Can't wait, but don't have to wait that long, do I? It's like the 27 of may, something like that (not exactly)..

esther
04-23-2004, 02:12 PM
i'm scared for him...this is the time of year when he always goes through his 'injury' time, but since he's already had his share of injury and sickness ALREADY this year...hopefully it'll mean he wont get it from now on....*fingers crossed*

*sigh* we can only think positively!!! please stay healthy and get back on form soon!!!!

Alison
04-23-2004, 03:00 PM
i'm scared for him...this is the time of year when he always goes through his 'injury' time, but since he's already had his share of injury and sickness ALREADY this year...hopefully it'll mean he wont get it from now on....*fingers crossed*

*sigh* we can only think positively!!! please stay healthy and get back on form soon!!!!

I'm not the only one who feels like that then?It seems like forever since he was without illness/injury :eek:

Lizan
04-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Yeah, untill wimbledon he doesn't have many piont to defend, but AT Wimbledon he has! RG wasn't really good last year, maybe a good thing..

Lizan
04-23-2004, 09:36 PM
A picture from the match against Martin.. OMGG he lost to ALBERT MARTIN?? I thought it was Todd Martin, u see I didn't follow the match, I just read he lost to Martin. Okay that's just really really really bad.. I just realize OMG... :cuckoo:
There is a positive thing about this all though, next year he hasn't got any pionts to defend..

wilma
04-24-2004, 09:16 AM
It seems like forever since he was without illness/injury :eek:
He's ALWAYS injured! He deserves so much better!!!!

esther
04-24-2004, 02:20 PM
LOOL lizanne u thought it was TODD martin!!! :P

Lizan
04-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Lol yeah!!!! Crazy, he would have won if I watched the match on the scoreboard lol.. ;)

Alison
04-26-2004, 08:26 AM
he would have won if I watched the match on the scoreboard lol..

He beat Arnaud and you weren't following that match Lizan!! ;) You went to watch some soap on TV!! :p

Lizan
04-26-2004, 06:54 PM
LOOL hah that's funny.. Yeah you're actually right on this one.. Hate to admit it though. Normally it goes that way lol, if seb lost the match I didn't follow it, and the other way around, really!!

Yeah and you didn't even knew the soap, shame on you!! lol

Alison
04-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Yeah and you didn't even knew the soap, shame on you!! lol

They don't show it here,I wouldn't watch it if they did!! ;) :p

Lizan
04-26-2004, 09:37 PM
nah you would, even if u don't like soaps, u like that one ..

wilma
04-27-2004, 08:00 AM
What soap, Lizan?

BTW, doesn't Seb play anywhere this week? I thought he was going to play in Munich, but apparently not. Please don't tell me he has pulled out again because of injury/illness.

Lizan
04-27-2004, 11:29 AM
Not that I know about.. But I don't know when or where he plays :confused:

We were talking about As The World Turns, I'm totally in love with that soap, partly because of the cute actors :P

Alison
04-27-2004, 02:25 PM
'As the World Turns' ? I'm sorry Lizan,but even the title's rubbish!! :devil:

I can be honest and tell you I wouldn't be watching it if it was on here!! :p

Alison
04-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Where has that flag come from at the side of my avatar?

And did you all know we are 'on a distinguished road'? :confused: (Point the cursor to the green square at the side of your 'posts')

Lizan
04-27-2004, 02:30 PM
LOL the title is good, I have heard stupider (??) ones.. Like good times bad times (translated from dutch in english)..

But you haven't seen it, maybe you love it as much as I do when you have seen (followed it) for a while.. Although I have to admit that I watch everything that's on tv. Like almost every soap, and comedies and....

Peta Pan
04-27-2004, 02:51 PM
Alison, the flag appears from in the User CP where it asks you which country you come from... I am from Australia so it gave me an Australian flag....

The 'distinguished road' thing is all about getting good reputation points... there is a lot of talk about it in some threads in the 'non-tennis' forum.

I think everyone here should have a lot more reputation points just because we are all Seb fans :)

rebel
04-28-2004, 01:58 AM
I think everyone here should have a lot more reputation points just because we are all Seb fans :)

i agree! or at least "reputation for good taste" points.

btw, does anyone know which sports cable channel in australia played the monte carlo tournament?

Alison
04-28-2004, 08:27 AM
I think everyone here should have a lot more reputation points just because we are all Seb fans

:D Totally agree with you!

Thanks PJ Girl for letting me know about that flag,I think I might move to another country occasionally,just for a change!Or a holiday!! ;)

wilma
04-28-2004, 11:28 AM
I am flagless! Well, maybe that's for the best. And I don't have that little triangular warning traffic sign either which all of you have : (

So, does anyone know what Seb's doing/going to do?

I'm sorry, Lizan (well I'm not actually), but I have never and will never watch a soap! Don't tell me you've watched that Big Brother stuff as well? Complete waste of time in my opinion. Maybe I have seen glimpses of ATWT, zapping by, but the people look too plastic to me (or maybe that was the Bold & the Beautiful - a friend of mine watches it, which I don't understand at all).

Alison
04-28-2004, 01:48 PM
So, does anyone know what Seb's doing/going to do?

He's here,with me ;)

NOT!! :p

You have got a warning triangle Wilma,but I haven't :confused:

Lizan
04-28-2004, 09:36 PM
No you guys, you both have that warning, I DON'T!!!

Lol Wilma I watch everything, even Big Brother lol.. The bold and the beautiful, I don't follow that, but see it 3 times a year or so (if there is nothing on).. I even watched "de bus" ( translated in English "the bus") which I'm not proud of, I'm alittle embarrased..

Right now I'm totally into idols, as the final is saterday.. It's a bad female singer (who is popular, coz the men seem to like her looks) against the best male singer I've heard in ages! And he lives in HOLLAND! How is that possible.. Wilma, u don't watch it do you??

Lizan
04-28-2004, 09:46 PM
He's not pleying now by the way.. I think he will play the masters-series of Rome next week.. I mean it's a masters so I think he will be there.

Alison
04-29-2004, 08:22 AM
Lizan : No you guys, you both have that warning, I DON'T!!!

Yes you do!! ;)

Lizan
04-29-2004, 05:15 PM
Okay I get it.. If I have that warning, than you just don't see it on your own posts, it makes sense..

wilma
04-29-2004, 09:44 PM
He's here,with me ;)
You wish! And you've got enough cute guys around the house anyway!

Lizan, I never even heard of 'De bus'! (but I have a bad memory for program titles). And no, I don't watch Idols either, unless I'm doing my zapping round. So, I saw a little bit the other day. That girl is awful! She CANNOT sing! She's worse than Jim from last year and that's saying something. It was really embarrassing, and I couldn't watch it very long. I'm rather looking forward to the Eurovision Song Contest. Will we (i.e. les Pays Bas) pass the preliminary round?

BTW I'm happy we solved the mystery of the warning signs LOL

wilma
04-29-2004, 09:50 PM
And oh yeah, I dreamt about Seb last night: he announced that he pulled out of all coming tournaments this year because of injuries and illnesses :eek: LOL Let's hope it wasn't a portentous dream!

Alison
04-30-2004, 08:26 AM
Regarding dreams,doesn't it usually mean the opposite? :confused: I hope so :)

Hey Wilma,my cute guys are here with me now :) ,but there IS room for one more ;) and we do have plenty of tennis balls around the house!! :p

wilma
04-30-2004, 10:30 AM
there IS room for one more ;) and we do have plenty of tennis balls around the house!! :p

LOL well, Seb could do with a little practice :)

Alison
04-30-2004, 11:41 AM
LOL well, Seb could do with a little practice

Do you think he's any good at 'Fetch'!!! :lol:

Alison
04-30-2004, 11:43 AM
Ooohh Wilma,you've got a flag now!

Lizan
04-30-2004, 01:01 PM
yeah she has!! Dutch flag, I don't like our flag, I wish it was all orange.. Would be way much cooler.. So I have picked the flag from Kirbati, I don't know where it is, but in our bathroom we have this map with all countries and their flag on the side, so i liked Kirbati lol..

You like BORIS, Wilma?? He's so good, and he's cute..
I so hope it's going to be Boris, Maud can't sing.. u were right. I always watch the eurovision songfestival, but I don't think it's really fair. Letland and those countries always vote for each other. I was surprised though that Belgium almost won last year. We don't have good ones this year either huh Wilma!!

Anyway, it's time Seb will play, we (read: I) talk about everything except him.. Come on babe, show us u how good u are!!

Alison
04-30-2004, 02:52 PM
I've got the Iceland flag,for now.I think I'll change it soon though.

Lizan
04-30-2004, 05:12 PM
oh Iceland, coz I was thinking from what country your flag was.. Why Iceland??

wilma
04-30-2004, 10:14 PM
Ooohh Wilma,you've got a flag now!

Mwhahaha yes! And it wasn't so easy to get it there either! Will try a different flag later.

Seb will probably be great at fetching tennis balls, Alison! He's so fast. Try do something with him that will improve his play. :dog:

Oh, Lizan, I haven't heard the guy sing yet. The girl and interviews with members of the jury made me switch channels quickly. And I haven't heard our entry for the ESC either. Someone told me they are two guys. What are they called? I hope they make it into the final round, or else the whole thing won't be much fun to watch.

wilma
04-30-2004, 10:17 PM
I'm from Wallis & Futuna now - what does that make me? A Wallis & Futunese?

Lizan
05-01-2004, 01:24 PM
LOL Wilma never heard of that country before!

The ones who will represent Holland in ESC are called "re-union".. They will probably end last.. Taste of voting Holland isn't that good unfortunatly.. (although they choose good with Boris and JK :P)

Ulla asked me to say hi to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be well soon Ulla!!

Lizan
05-01-2004, 01:27 PM
Oh by the way, I saw Seb in the playerslist.. So I assume he's going to play Rome..
This is what he got in the last few years there:

2003 lost in first round to T. Robredo (7-6 4-6 3-6)
2002 lost in third round to T. Haas (3-6 4-6)
2001 lost in third round to A. Vinciguerra (2-6 3-6)
2000 lost in first round to M. Norman (3-6 6-7)
1999 lost in first round to F. Santoro (6-7 6-7)
1998 did not play
1997 did not play

So if he gets far this time, he can have a lot of pionts for the enrty list, as he didn't perform very good last year!!

wilma
05-01-2004, 05:31 PM
So if he gets far this time, he can have a lot of pionts for the enrty list, as he didn't perform very good last year!!

Huh? What do you mean by that?

Alison
05-01-2004, 06:07 PM
Try do something with him that will improve his play. :dog:

:eek: :p :angel: :devil: :drool: :lol: ;)

Alison
05-01-2004, 06:12 PM
Currently in the Azores (don't ask me where they are!!) but I'll be back soon!

Lizan
05-01-2004, 06:49 PM
Huh? What do you mean by that?

Ooh whoops made a mistake!! sorry.. Soms vergis ik me in de eerste ronde, dan denk ik dat dat vierde ronde is.. foutje..

Sorry guys had to explain it in dutch, couldn't explain it in english..

wilma
05-02-2004, 09:10 AM
Soms vergis ik me in de eerste ronde, dan denk ik dat dat vierde ronde is.. foutje..
Mwhahahah!

But even if it's fourth round I do not understand what you mean. Do you mean to say that he would get more points if he got as far as the fourth round, because he didn't do well last year? :confused:

Ooo, Alison, I don't know where the Azores are either, but they sound like an excellent holiday destination!

Lizan
05-02-2004, 10:51 AM
No I mean that for example if he gets into the final this year, and last year he lost in first round, he would get more pionts, because that's how entry list works. right? Do Ya understand, coz explaining things is not the easiest thing for me to do, even in dutch lol..

wilma
05-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Aha! I didn't know that! Thanks for explaining, Lizan :)

Conan the Librarian
05-02-2004, 11:45 PM
Conan extends good wishes to young Sebastien. It's about time he had a good tournament.

Lizan
05-03-2004, 11:18 AM
yeah I totally agree with you Conan!!

Wilma, you didn't know?? Yeah it's true!! You didn't think it was weird when Hewitt was out first round of Wimbledon (and he was the previous year), he went from the first to the 17 th ranking or so..

wilma
05-03-2004, 04:40 PM
You didn't think it was weird when Hewitt was out first round of Wimbledon (and he was the previous year), he went from the first to the 17 th ranking or so..
I didn't notice at all! lol So, the same goes the other way round? When someone did well the previous year, they lose points when they do poorly this year?

Conan, I agree with you. Seb so deserves a streak of good luck (and good health)!!!

Lizan
05-03-2004, 08:11 PM
yeah absolutely.. So I'm kind of positive after Wimbledon for Seb.. Coz he did so badly last year.. But this is only for the entry list. The atp race list is just from this year..

Conan the Librarian
05-03-2004, 09:22 PM
You have probably noticed, as Conan has, that Grosjean has a tendency to do nothing for a while and then come out of nowhere to go deep in a big tournament just as you think his ranking is about to slip. Conan is thinking it could be time for Grosjean to make it to the semis of the US Open to complete the set!!

esther
05-05-2004, 08:44 AM
if seb does well here, he can get heaps of points!! but i think at this point, confidence and match practise are more important before RG!!!!
Keep going Seb!! he plays Ferrer second on Court 6 tonite...he betta win that and hopefully costa can beat federer!!!!

wilma
05-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Conan is thinking it could be time for Grosjean to make it to the semis of the US Open to complete the set!!
Now, that's a nice thought, Conan!

wilma
05-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Right now I'm totally into idols, as the final is saterday.. It's a bad female singer (who is popular, coz the men seem to like her looks) against the best male singer I've heard in ages! And he lives in HOLLAND! How is that possible.. Wilma, u don't watch it do you??
Lizan, I haven't watched Idols, but of course I couldn't help but see Boris - as my daughter watches stuff on nickelodeon all the time. And I must admit, he's cute! Haven't heard him sing though.

Lizan
05-08-2004, 09:22 PM
LOL yeah he is isn't he.. In the beginning he wasn't this cute, but at the end he had a good haircut, now he looks gorgious!! And sings the most beautiful I've heard in a long time.. It's only too bad he has the idolsreputation now.. I don't think he will loose it. Lol was he at nickelodion? Yeah he's everywhere (barend en van dorp).. Radiostations, I think he's going to be way more famous then Jamai!!
I thought that he would make a big chance at worldidol, but now they say there won't be a worldidol this year :sad:

BTW did you know that he sang for the national songcontest last year.. He was second or something :confused:

wilma
05-09-2004, 09:14 AM
I think he's going to be way more famous then Jamai!!
BTW did you know that he sang for the national songcontest last year.. He was second or something
Who's Jamai? lol
Oh, he didn't win the national song contest? Well, then he really must be good!!! ;)
I don't actually know what my daughter's watching - nickleodeon, fox kids, it's all the same to me ... a programme on a kid's channel anyway.
Well, I'm looking forward to hearing Boris (cool name as well).

Conan the Librarian
05-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Is Boris the hobbit lookalike?

Lizan
05-09-2004, 01:21 PM
yeah he'll probably sing some poppy song.. I heard his cd he already had before idols, and those songs are really gorgious..

Na-a boris is no hobbit lookalike LOOOL hah, was so funny when he said that to the norwegian guy, what's his name again?

Picture of Boris (not the one on the left of course, but the other one)

wilma
05-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Mwahahaha, Conan, I didn't realize who you meant at first by hobbit, but now I see. Lizan, I hope they will give Boris a GOOD song - the Jamai one was really too corny. And it's a shame that that awful jury person has to spoil the pic of Boris.

wilma
05-13-2004, 10:26 AM
The ones who will represent Holland in ESC are called "re-union".. They will probably end last.. Taste of voting Holland isn't that good unfortunatly..
EEEEEKKKKKKKKKK, Lizan, they were soooooooooo plastic!!! But they made it to the finals, largely thanks to the fact that the rest was even worse.

Lizan
05-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Oh yeah??? LOOOOL.. I didn't see it, were they really bad? I'm goping to watch the final tho. Isn't it kind of stupid that those big countries as France and Germany don't have to qualify?

Lizan
05-13-2004, 01:22 PM
when they sang in the national contest I thought even Bas and Joel were better, and that says a lot I guess

wilma
05-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Isn't it kind of stupid that those big countries as France and Germany don't have to qualify?
And what about Great Britain? They had zero points last year!!!!

Alison
05-13-2004, 03:09 PM
And what about Great Britain? They had zero points last year!!!!

:haha: ;)

wilma
05-13-2004, 03:15 PM
:ras:

Lizan
05-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Yeah?? I guess I don't know coz I didn't notice them.. Don't they have to qualify either then?? I'm actually really looking forward to the real contest. "douze pionts twelve pionts".. I remember spain (I thought she was really good) and Belgium and of course Turkey..

BTW Wilma did u hear Boris' song?? It's out now, it's a balled, not the best song for his vioce, but it could be worse (he should sing his own songs)

wilma
05-13-2004, 06:49 PM
Yeah?? I guess I don't know coz I didn't notice them..
How could you NOT have noticed them? The girl sang sooooooo out of tune LOL Even I could have done better! But apparently these countries (Germany, France, Britain) contribute financially to the contest and that's why they are always allowed to perform :rolleyes:

Well, I've seen/heard snippets of Boris - I think reruns of Idols or sth. It wasn't enough to form an opinion. I'm sure I will hear the song one of these days.

Isn't it amazing? This thread has some 5 pages! No more than 1% of it is relevant Grosjean chatter, though.

Lizan
05-13-2004, 10:03 PM
LOOL sterker nog 6 pages!! lol.. (Wilma, wat is "sterker nog" in het engels??)

Yes but what can I say, Seb is playing terribly lol.. I don't like to say it, but it's true, hopefully he proves himself at RG..

BTW everywhere I'm talking about off topics, should stop doing that lol..

Alison
05-14-2004, 08:22 AM
Isn't it amazing? This thread has some 5 pages! No more than 1% of it is relevant Grosjean chatter, though.

:lol: If he was playing better I'm sure we'd go back to talking tennis ;) (and what colour he looks best in;and how long his hair should be :p )

wilma
05-14-2004, 09:36 AM
Yes, right, Lizan, it's 6 pages even! And yes, Seb is to blame :p

Lizan
05-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Did u see Eurovision Contest yesterday??? OMGGGGGG it was allllll so unfair! But okay it's well now at eurovision contest right.. They should do something with a jury or something.
Although I did think Serbia was really really good, they were the best!! I thought France was also very good. And Netherlands, you know they weren't as bad as the results are.. They would have ended higher if everybody would have voted honestly..

wilma
05-16-2004, 04:32 PM
LOL Well, my nr 1 got to nr 2 (Serbia/Montenegro); my nr 2 got to nr 3 (Turkey); and my nr 4 won, so I can't complain. I liked Germany as well. Didn't see the voting, I'm afraid. I taped the whole thing as I wasn't at home yesterday and saw it this morning. Ah well, what can you say? The EC is not the EC without the biased voting - it's always been like that.

Lizan
05-16-2004, 04:53 PM
yeah, but I can't say I like it.. Netherlands will never make any chance..
You liked TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! LOOL. I did not like them at all. Even England was better!! :P

wilma
05-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Ooo yes, I like that kind of music, and they sounded a bit like an indie band. And I really think that we (the Dutch) would have a chance if the song were any good - that song was just so bland. Ah well, better luck next year!

Marine
05-17-2004, 10:35 AM
I never understood what was the goal of eurovision ???!!!
Everybody sings in english, the representants of the countries often come from another country (example, the representant of france os belgian...), it's very very kitsh, and...votes are geopolitic.
I didn't watch the show the last saturday, but I read an article about that, and it seems votes are very geopolitic (easten countries voted for easten countries, andorra for spain, northen countries for northen countries etc...).

Alison
05-17-2004, 10:39 AM
yeah, but I can't say I like it.. Netherlands will never make any chance..
You liked TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! LOOL. I did not like them at all. Even England was better!! :P

They must have been bad if England were better!!!! :p Did they actually get any points this year? I didn't watch it (I never do),but heard it was pretty appalling :eek:

wilma
05-17-2004, 11:02 AM
it's very very kitsh,
I LOVE kitsch; that's the fun of the Eurovision Contest!!!

wilma
05-17-2004, 11:04 AM
They must have been bad if England were better!!!! :p Did they actually get any points this year? I didn't watch it (I never do),but heard it was pretty appalling :eek:
England got points I think (didn't watch the voting), but the song was hopeless :)

Alison
05-17-2004, 02:22 PM
England got points I think (didn't watch the voting), but the song was hopeless :)

I thought that was the whole point of the Eurovision Song Contest?! ;)

wilma
05-17-2004, 06:16 PM
I love kitsch, not hopeless songs :p

Peta Pan
05-18-2004, 03:23 PM
I love Eurovision... I can't miss it ever!!! Tacky I know, but I love the fun of it and some of the songs are really good.

For me this year The Ukraine and Malta were the ones I liked best so I picked the winner. Then there was the Greek entry by Sakis Rouvas... he is EXTREMELY nice!!! I didn't like the Serbian entry at all.

As for the voting, it used to be done by jury but people complained that too many boring songs were winning so they changed it too televoting sometime in the 90's. Now you get the political voting instead. Looking at the result this year though, nearly every country voted for the top placed finishers so you'd have to consider it to be pretty fair (if that makes sense).

:)Peta

Lizan
05-18-2004, 06:09 PM
You can see the eurovision contest??? Cool..

What you said about voting, you know I don't agree with you, because even if the netherlands for example have a good song, noone will vote for them, coz everone votes for their neighbours, it's really not fair at all.. I think that jury should come back, Ithink there's a big chance that will happen, as many people are complaining now..

wilma
05-18-2004, 08:44 PM
LOL Lizan, how do you know? We haven't had a good song for ages! I'm sure if 'our' entry were a catchy song, we'd get points.
Ooo Peta, I didn't like the Greek guy at all - don't like that type of slithery man. The refrain was catchy though and my daughter liked the girls' clothes :) And the voting has always been political, even with a jury!

Alison
05-19-2004, 08:40 AM
coz everone votes for their neighbours, it's really not fair at all..

That's probably why U.K don't get many votes ;)

Peta Pan
05-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Ooo Peta, I didn't like the Greek guy at all - don't like that type of slithery man.

I don't like slithery looking men either and at first glance that's what I thought of Sakis, but since then I have looked him up on the internet and he is apparantly a lovely, clean cut guy so by the time it got to the final I had changed my opinion.

And the voting has always been political, even with a jury!

I guess that's true too - very unfortunate... why must it be so hard to vote for songs on merit. They should get me to go on a jury, I'd be honest :)

Peta Pan
05-19-2004, 12:34 PM
You can see the eurovision contest??? Cool..

They show it on the Sunday night here in Australia on one of our not so popular TV stations.

My Mum is English so she's always watched it. The first year she came to Australia in 1973 it wasn't shown here and she was very upset... but it's been shown every year since.

wilma
05-19-2004, 01:04 PM
he is apparantly a lovely, clean cut guy so by the time it got to the final I had changed my opinion.
Good for him! I must admit, my opinion of him is purely based on the Semis and the Final.

They should get me to go on a jury, I'd be honest :)
OK next year, we will form an alternative jury and vote for our faves!

Lizan
05-19-2004, 07:50 PM
LOL Lizan, how do you know?

I just know!! duh! no lol I'm kiddin, I have heard so much about it, it was on oa "netwerk", (yeh I watch those things :)).. there was something about someone who is involved in the contest and blablablablabla (you know the rest)

Anyway it's cool that you receive that in Australia! I wouldn't expect that, as it is something from europe, but it's really really nice that australia sees it too.. Then I can watch it when I'm there!!

I liked Serbia & Montenegro the best, and then France.. And Turkey was on the last place of my list.. And Malta before the last yakkie..

Marine
06-02-2004, 09:03 PM
What d'you think about this pic from Monte Carlo ?
(Seb watching Arnaud leaving the court).
http://sports.wanadoo.fr/fr/images/slideshow/dujour/2004/2/252.jpg

esther
06-05-2004, 07:12 AM
OMG that pic is sooo cute!! *makes background*