Switching racquets [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Switching racquets

phucng_10
04-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Well, I feel uncomfortable playing tennis with my Wilson nCode nSixOne 95.
I was thinking about getting the Prince O3 Tour, I've tried the O3 White and
played okay with it. My flat serves weren't too fast but they went in due to consistent.
All I'm wondering is that is the O3 Tour a alternative to the 95?
I might sell my 95 and buy an O3, but I've only tried 1 out of many O3's.
All the other O3's seems lighter then the O3 Tour and doesn't have
some specs of my 95.
I'm just wondering which racquet would you prefer out of all the O3's.
The one I'll be demoing this May or June might be the O3 Tour.

Volusiano
04-25-2007, 01:21 AM
I only have the O3 Tour Mid so I can't speak for the other O3 rackets. I also bought an N6.1 95 18x20 after the O3 Tour. I like them both. Their specs are very similar but they feel different. The O3 Tour is kinda muted while the N6.1 95 is crispier and gives me more 'feel'. But the head speed on the O3 Tour is faster with all those O ports, which is good for serve and maybe a little more power.

If I had to give up one, I'd give up the O3 Tour instead. So in that regard I have the opposite preference compared to you.

Why are you uncomfortable playing with your N6.1 95? If it's the weight or balance, then switching over to the O3 Tour is not going to solve your problem. The O3 White is a little lighter and less head light so maybe that's why you like it more.

phucng_10
04-25-2007, 04:27 AM
Well, instead of me getting the O3 or trying it out, my friend lend his Babolat Pure Drive Team to me to try it out.
It feels a little better then my N6.1 95 but the stiffness is way different.
All I like about the Babolat is I get a faster swing with it and that it has a bigger sweetspot so I don't have to hit the frame all the time.
I know the N6.1 95 is a really good control racquet, maybe I just haven't gotten used to it yet.

Volusiano
04-26-2007, 01:55 AM
I have a history of tennis elbow so I shy away from stiff rackets like Babolat. I'd say keep playing with the N6.1 95 a little longer and if you still don't get used to it, keep demo'ing other rackets until you find one you like.

Another racket I just bought is the Yonex RDS 001 Mid. Similar in specs to the O3 Tour and the N6.1 95. I would rank the RDS 001 as my favorite, followed by the N61 95 then the O3 Tour. But I like all 3 and I don't regret buying either one of them.