04-18-2007, 06:47 AM
Soccer and AFL for me.:devil:

A_Skywalker
04-18-2007, 07:25 AM
Tennis for sure :)

Gamblore
04-18-2007, 07:36 AM
Tennis for sure :)

pppffffffff, yeah right. Tennis is a lottery, and to hard to win.

its.like.that
04-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Swimming.

And athletics.

Costanza
04-18-2007, 10:43 AM
formula 1, there are so many line errors in this sport

dave nz
04-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Golf, for me. Bookmakers have no Idea when it comes to golf.

Straby
04-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Definitely swimming after the World Champs last month. Football comes in second, especially the Champions League and the Dutch league.

bad gambler
04-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Basketball, AFL and Netball

Straby
04-19-2007, 11:33 AM
When does the netball season start again? :smoke:

Forgot to mention speedskating, but only a few tournaments per year available at the books.

bad gambler
04-19-2007, 11:45 AM
When does the netball season start again? :smoke:

Forgot to mention speedskating, but only a few tournaments per year available at the books.

Starts next Wednesday :p

jayjay
04-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Football and Tennis.

Straby
04-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Starts next Wednesday :p

The return of MTF's best punter: Mrs bg. :rocker2:

SwiSha
04-19-2007, 12:23 PM
definitely Basketball and Tennis

Horatio Caine
04-19-2007, 12:30 PM
formula 1, there are so many line errors in this sport

I'm an F1 fan and know quite a bit about it...but don't often bet on it. Where do you tend to find the line errors, if you don't mind me asking?

I practically only bet ATP tennis. I don't have a lot of time to watch other sports and know enough about them to feel comfortable betting. However, I've had some successful punting on snooker, F1 and Ryder Cup golf :cool:

bossboss
04-19-2007, 12:31 PM
i had an excellent WNBA season last year..
Apart from that lots of ups and downs

its.like.that
04-20-2007, 02:59 AM
greyhounds are quite good also

Gamblore
04-20-2007, 06:48 AM
greyhounds are quite good also

I would agree with that. Can make a $200.00 in 5mins.

bad gambler
04-20-2007, 06:54 AM
I would agree with that. Can make a $200.00 in 5mins.

Or lose it just a quickly

I have to admit when I am bored I bet on who will win the toss in the cricket every now and again :cool:

fisherking
04-20-2007, 05:55 PM
I've said once but I could repeat once more: live betting is a barrel of gold.
Lay short and back long.

I've got in my CV hundreds of winning lays below 1.10.
Mainly on tennis (both atp and wta) and NBA.

tangerine_dream
02-24-2008, 05:06 AM
Looks like it's horse racing.

UK gambler makes almost $2 million off $1 wager

LONDON - A lucky gambler has made 1 million pounds, or about $1.97 million, from a 50 pence ($1) bet, British bookmaker William Hill said Saturday.

The man, who William Hill has not identified, correctly guessed the outcome of eight horse races Friday, beating odds of two-million-to-one.

He walked into a William Hill branch in the north England town of Thirsk and placed wagers on eight horses in eight different contests in a so-called “accumulator bet,” the company said.

His first win came when a horse called “Isn’t That Lucky” won the 2:55 p.m. race at the Sandown track, southwest of London. By the time “A Dream Come True” crossed the finish line at the Wolverhampton racecourse in central England later that evening, the man had won 1 million pounds.

William Hill spokesman Graham Sharpe says the man was oblivious to his win when he came to a different William Hill branch Saturday to place more 50 pence bets. Sharpe said the man had not won any of Saturday’s wagers, losing 2.50 pounds.

“If he does it another 400,000 times we’ll have it all back,” Sharpe said.

William Hill, one of the biggest players in Britain’s gambling industry, operates more than 2,000 betting shops across the country.

Bolar Bolabi
02-24-2008, 05:12 AM
Basketball has been shit.

Golf and Union

Gamblore
02-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Basketball has been shit.

Golf and Union

Overs in AFL:hatoff:

its.like.that
02-24-2008, 09:02 AM
thanks for that tangy

piss off, don't come here

Midnight Express
02-24-2008, 09:25 AM
underz...soccer French 2nd league, GREECE!!, hockey Sweden and Finland.

Nathaliia
02-24-2008, 09:28 AM
livebetting on WTA and Slovak hockey with all those fixes :lol:

dave nz
02-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Looks like it's horse racing.

UK gambler makes almost $2 million off $1 wager

LONDON - A lucky gambler has made 1 million pounds, or about $1.97 million, from a 50 pence ($1) bet, British bookmaker William Hill said Saturday.

The man, who William Hill has not identified, correctly guessed the outcome of eight horse races Friday, beating odds of two-million-to-one.

He walked into a William Hill branch in the north England town of Thirsk and placed wagers on eight horses in eight different contests in a so-called “accumulator bet,” the company said.

His first win came when a horse called “Isn’t That Lucky” won the 2:55 p.m. race at the Sandown track, southwest of London. By the time “A Dream Come True” crossed the finish line at the Wolverhampton racecourse in central England later that evening, the man had won 1 million pounds.

William Hill spokesman Graham Sharpe says the man was oblivious to his win when he came to a different William Hill branch Saturday to place more 50 pence bets. Sharpe said the man had not won any of Saturday’s wagers, losing 2.50 pounds.

“If he does it another 400,000 times we’ll have it all back,” Sharpe said.

William Hill, one of the biggest players in Britain’s gambling industry, operates more than 2,000 betting shops across the country.

The Hills are known for these publicity stunts. Most of them are bogus! and or exaggerated.

Bolar Bolabi
02-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Overs in AFL:hatoff:

The way the pattern has been in other sports (not saying AFL will be the same) but I think we will see a lot of unders this year.

A_Skywalker
02-24-2008, 03:41 PM
pppffffffff, yeah right. Tennis is a lottery, and to hard to win.

No, its not a lottery. There are 2 players, they have to reach 6 or 7 games for win one set. One mistake will not cost so much so it leaves room for returning. I dont see the luck factor working so much like in football where is possible you defence 90 minutes and score 1 goal from your only strike.

Jaap
02-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Tennis for sure if you are trading. Lots of twists and turns and I guess the sport where 1.01-1.09 to gets turned over the most.

WTA in particular is a goldmine if you can trade it right. The match between Schynder and Knapp in Antwerp was a perfect example - It went from Schynder at 1.2 at the start of the match, to 1.06 on Knapp when 5-1 in the third set, to 1.1 on Schynder when 15-0 and serving for the match and then straight back to 1.01 when Knapp eventually won. :lol:

tangerine_dream
02-25-2008, 04:16 AM
thanks for that tangy
piss off, don't come here
You're welcome Jim dear :kiss: Piss off before you get yourself banned again. :D

jayjay
02-25-2008, 10:48 PM
It depends who are. There is no one sport which is any easier one than another. It's what you know.

Personally I think making a long term profit day in day out on NBA is a complete nightmare. However, there are people out there who do it.

And there are others who think sports which I think are profitable (such as football and tennis) are very difficult to make any headway in.

Ultimately, I am of the thinking that sports where you are backing largely 2 horse races (as in football and tennis matches) are easier to predict. There are less factors to consider other than the merits and environments of said players and teams.

Horse racing has never interested me at all. Human behaviour is far easier to predict and assess than that of animals.

Although given that Joey Barton is an animal, football is still not too hard to predict.

jayjay
02-25-2008, 10:51 PM
The Hills are known for these publicity stunts. Most of them are bogus! and or exaggerated.

The story is true. His actual winnings would have been 1.4m, but Hills max payout is 1m. He just got very lucky, although his selections were all decent shots, there were no big winners in there. The biggest price he had was 10/1 and shortest 5/2 I think.

Lucky him. And what a dumbass for not following the results. Imagine finding out you picked 7 of 7 and could have hedged all you could on the last race and come out with something or be a millionaire at the very least.

ryan23
03-24-2008, 11:51 PM
For me its NFL i seem to do best in, no idea why as i love many sports and bet on many sports, soccer which is one of my fav to bet on is my worst prob because unlike tennis there is 3 outcomes with the draw, i was talking to a friend of mine just a couple of days about this he works for Ladbrokes and he said the hardest is football (i'm not suprised) and the most money they make from any 1sport is football, i think now more than ever teams are getting closer, who would of thought man utd would lose to portsmouth those sort of results do happen in all sports but seem to happen more in football but just my opinion

BounceBack
03-30-2008, 01:28 AM
Tennis definetly for me but its all about doing your research and having a genuine interest in the sport

Golf looks good but i never liked it as asport odds are long even for TW

BounceBack
03-30-2008, 01:34 AM
i know this is dumb but what the hells laying and which site is best for live tennis betting??

ryan23
03-30-2008, 12:54 PM
i know this is dumb but what the hells laying and which site is best for live tennis betting??

Heres some info for you http://www.matchedbetting.co.uk/guide.html

Iván
03-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Horse racing has never interested me at all. Human behaviour is far easier to predict and assess than that of animals.

so true, ive never liked horse racing too. if there was ever to be a sport were fixing is most likely to go on its horse racing.

I think the most profitable is golf, e/w top 5 places on players who are for example 300/1 to win outright and finish in the top 5 can land big pay outs.

Also the consistency of tiger woods winning at odds of for example 6/4 evs and 2/1 can give long term profits.

Tiger dominates the sport so much, very reliable betting wise.

ryan23
04-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Yes a lot of people say golf and you can see why

Tennis World A
04-12-2008, 12:12 AM
In my opinion it's baseball (and the famous series, 3 or 4 games in 3 or 4 days).