Will Roddick win a match at TMC? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Roddick win a match at TMC?

Fumus
11-08-2006, 01:54 PM
If so, against who?

A_Skywalker
11-08-2006, 02:14 PM
If so, against who?


I dont think he can beat anyone

Fumus
11-08-2006, 02:19 PM
I dont think he can beat anyone

Daveed's only win in 4 attempts over Roddick did come on carpet in Basel in 03'.

Ivan beat an injured Andy on carpet last year but has only been able to beat Roddick 3 times in 8 attempts overall, and two of those wins came when Roddick was in injured, Andy actually retired in one and the other win Ivan has was a closely faught 5 set classic DC match...soo...hmmm...

Just judging by recent form...I would say no wins seem likely.

Katastrophe
11-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Roddick isn't exactly riding a wave of confidence right now, so I'm thinking a victory is unlikely.

Fergie
11-08-2006, 02:32 PM
No :(

jazar
11-08-2006, 02:34 PM
no chance against fed, who is simply a better player and has mentally scarred roddick by beating him so many times. and i think its 50-50 whether he wins against ljubicic and nalbandian, but i don't think he'll qualify for the semis, nalbandian will along with fed

megadeth
11-08-2006, 02:40 PM
so goes another delayed nadal-roddick match up! :(

General Suburbia
11-08-2006, 02:40 PM
He's got just as good a chance of making semi's as any other person in his group not named Federer.

Fumus
11-08-2006, 02:52 PM
He's got just as good a chance of making semi's as any other person in his group not named Federer.

Sounds like something Roddick would say. ;)

NyGeL
11-08-2006, 03:19 PM
He will beat David and Ivan.

Xristos
11-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Hw will beat Ljbo..

ChinoRios4Ever
11-08-2006, 03:27 PM
he will make the semis, bt nalbi and ljubo, losing to roger

Roger The Great
11-08-2006, 03:31 PM
he will make the semis, bt nalbi and ljubo, losing to roger

I agree.

Xristos
11-08-2006, 03:37 PM
I agree.

Likewise with the above statement.

R.Federer
11-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Absolutely, he has got a chance against both David and Ljubo and maybe a smaller chance but still also a chance against Roger. I think Andy will do fine and will qualify for the s.f.

Fumus
11-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Wow this forum is really disapointing me...where's the lack of faith in Roddick and the duck hatred. Almost half of the people who voted think Roddick will make the semis...

safin-rules-no.1
11-08-2006, 03:41 PM
i hope he beats Lube and Nalbandian

rofe
11-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Wow this forum is really disapointing me...where's the lack of faith in Roddick and the duck hatred. Almost half of the people who voted think Roddick will make the semis...

Ah, you were fishing for a troll attack but it didn't happen. Maybe if you team up with Tangy and get some pointers from her you might be more successful. Unfortunately, MTF can be sane sometimes. :hug:

Andy has a good chance of making the semis. He has decent records against two other players in that group.

Fumus
11-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Ah, you were fishing for a troll attack but it didn't happen. Maybe if you team up with Tangy and get some pointers from her you might be more successful. Unfortunately, MTF can be sane sometimes. :hug:

Andy has a good chance of making the semis. He has decent records against two other players in that group.

Yea, I think you right. I feel better about this place...honestly...

RickDaStick
11-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Roddick might win a set but thats about it.

Five
11-08-2006, 06:11 PM
He will probably beat Nalbandian

Blue Heart24
11-08-2006, 06:22 PM
"People" are underestimating Ljubicic.That's good.I will not say now,he will win the tournament,he'll beat Roddick,but...We will see.

DrJules
11-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Roddick probably 10% chance against Federer, 50-50% against Ljubicic and 60-40% against Nalbandian. I am not sure of the health and condition of Ljubicic and Nalbandian. A fully fit and in good condition Nalbandian has an ideal game to beat Roddick.

Roddick most likely to win 1/2 matches.

Fumus
11-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Roddick probably 10% chance against Federer, 50-50% against Ljubicic and 60-40% against Nalbandian. I am not sure of the health and condition of Ljubicic and Nalbandian. A fully fit and in good condition Nalbandian has an ideal game to beat Roddick.

Roddick most likely to win 1/2 matches.

10% chance?

...is that cuz he's 1 and 11 against him..haha...

RickDaStick
11-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Roddick probably 10% chance against Federer, 50-50% against Ljubicic and 60-40% against Nalbandian. I am not sure of the health and condition of Ljubicic and Nalbandian. A fully fit and in good condition Nalbandian has an ideal game to beat Roddick.

Roddick most likely to win 1/2 matches.

10% chance against Federer? What are you smoking?

adee-gee
11-08-2006, 06:43 PM
He won't win a point.

Fumus
11-08-2006, 06:45 PM
10% chance against Federer? What are you smoking?

Is that because the percentage was too low or too high? wait wait too high...smoking...that was a pun.:o

He won't win a point.

haha...;)

DrJules
11-08-2006, 06:49 PM
10% chance?

...is that cuz he's 1 and 11 against him..haha...

For Federer vs. Roddick used full record.

For Nalbandian difficult because record is 1-3, but Nalbandian won last match and had match point in the contest preceding.

For Ljubicic, again difficult, because record is 3-5, with Ljubicic winning last 2. However, Roddick was injured last time they played but, Ljubicic did win the Davis Cup encounter which preceded it and had match point in the match before that match.

Deboogle!.
11-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Ljubicic did win the Davis Cup encounter which preceded it and had match point in the match before that match.which match are you talking about? the USO 03? He did not have a MP in that match, it was in 4 sets.

Fumus
11-08-2006, 06:54 PM
For Federer used full record.

For Nalbandian difficult because record is 1-3, but Nalbandian won last match and had match point in the contest preceding.

For Ljubicic, again difficult, because record is 3-5, with Ljubicic winning last 2. However, Roddick was injured last time they played but, Ljubicic did win the Davis Cup encounter which preceded it and had match point in the match before that match.

Also, Roddick retired in their first match. Generally I would say if Andy is playing well...he beats Ivan just because of the forehand matchup there. However, I don't think Andy is playing well at the moment so I am picking Ivan. As far as Fat David goes there's only a couple of players that can beat him when's playing his best. However, Daveed is about as consistant as the weather in Albany, NY.

Fumus
11-08-2006, 06:54 PM
which match are you talking about? the USO 03? He did not have a MP in that match, it was in 4 sets.

In RCA?

RickDaStick
11-08-2006, 06:55 PM
In RCA?


Ivan did have a match point in Indy

Fumus
11-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Ivan did have a match point in Indy

If it was on Andy's serve, like Daveed's...it wasn't really a MP. :devil:

RickDaStick
11-08-2006, 06:56 PM
For Federer vs. Roddick used full record.

For Nalbandian difficult because record is 1-3, but Nalbandian won last match and had match point in the contest preceding.

For Ljubicic, again difficult, because record is 3-5, with Ljubicic winning last 2. However, Roddick was injured last time they played but, Ljubicic did win the Davis Cup encounter which preceded it and had match point in the match before that match.


Does that mean that If I played Federer I would have a 50-50 chance? Makes sense right?

Deboogle!.
11-08-2006, 06:56 PM
In RCA?oh right, forgot that one haha.

Fumus
11-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Does that mean that If I played Federer I would have a 50-50 chance? Makes sense right?

0 percent chance cuz you have zero wins...apperantly is how it works. :p

Fumus
11-08-2006, 06:57 PM
oh right, forgot that one haha.

It happens. :)

RickDaStick
11-08-2006, 06:57 PM
0 percent chance cuz you have zero wins...apperantly is how it works. :p


well fed has 0 wins vs me so it would be 50-50 accoring to Jules.

Fumus
11-08-2006, 06:59 PM
well fed has 0 wins vs me so it would be 50-50 accoring to Jules.

haha...well Hrbaty has a 100% chance of winning..hahahhaha

safinalium
11-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Andy will win one match, it will be over Roger!?

:haha: :haha: :haha:

DrJules
11-08-2006, 07:23 PM
For Federer vs. Roddick used full record.

For Nalbandian difficult because record is 1-3, but Nalbandian won last match and had match point in the contest preceding.

For Ljubicic, again difficult, because record is 3-5, with Ljubicic winning last 2. However, Roddick was injured last time they played but, Ljubicic did win the Davis Cup encounter which preceded it and had match point in the match before that match.

which match are you talking about? the USO 03? He did not have a MP in that match, it was in 4 sets.
Roddick saves match points to beat Ljubicic

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI, Associated Press Writer
July 24, 2004

AP - Jul 24, 6:10 pm EDT
More Photos


INDIANAPOLIS (AP)

http://talk.livedaily.com/archive/index.php/t-421683.html

*Ljubica*
11-08-2006, 07:24 PM
I think he's got a pretty good chance of reaching the semis. Can't see him beating Federer, but he seems more confident and motivated these days since starting to work with Jimmy Connors, and I think he will easily beat both Ljubicic (especially as he has ben unwell for quite some time and may not be fully match fit ) and Nalbandian.

shruti
11-08-2006, 07:24 PM
"People" are underestimating Ljubicic.That's good.I will not say now,he will win the tournament,he'll beat Roddick,but...We will see.

U kinda gave it away man.

Im going with a win over Nalby (for now). :tape:

DrJules
11-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Ivan did have a match point in Indy

3 match points in 2nd set tie break. All saved with service winners.

Fumus
11-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Roddick saves match points to beat Ljubicic

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI, Associated Press Writer
July 24, 2004

AP - Jul 24, 6:10 pm EDT
More Photos


INDIANAPOLIS (AP)

http://talk.livedaily.com/archive/index.php/t-421683.html

That was a good match, I remember. Yea, Ivan cracked but Roddick was the better player then...is he now?

Fedex
11-08-2006, 08:05 PM
He could win a match, but its difficult to see him getting to the semis. This surface is rebound ace, right? Well, Nalbandian always plays well on this surface, and Ivan made the Oz semis last year, so they'll both be tough to beat. Do I need to even mention Federer?

Horatio Caine
11-08-2006, 08:09 PM
There's no doubt that it is an exciting group...obviously Federer will get through...but I could see any of the other 3 progressing...possibly the whole issue of progression going down to the tiebreak rules. :shrug:

Roddick won't beat Federer....I refuse to believe he is the underdog against Ljubo...possibly very very very slight favourite there...hard to think that Bandy will produce a poor display, but if he does then Roddick can beat him. If not...Bandy will take him out. In essence...Roddick's chance of progression is likely to rest on which Nalbandian turns up :shrug:

blosson
11-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Andy will win one match, it will be over Roger!?

:haha: :haha: :haha:

If Andy pulls off this miracle he will go home a happy man even if he only wins only one match the entire tournament. :lol:

Fumus
11-08-2006, 08:28 PM
If Andy pulls off this miracle he will go home a happy man even if he only wins only one match the entire tournament. :lol:

It's not a miracle. He can win, he took a set off the Roge the last time they played, if he is going to get Roger, it will probably be here and not in a final of GS. Here Roger is tired, it's an early round match, Andy has had time and coaching by Jimmy. Even with these odds, 1/10...it's not impossible. Federer like anyone can have an off day and Andy can have a great day. Federer tends to play down in the early round...sometimes.

But...all the same..lol, Andy should focus on winning those other two matches. :)

blosson
11-08-2006, 08:39 PM
If Andy has managed to have that soul transplant (donated from Jimmy), he has a chance. LOL

Fumus
11-08-2006, 08:49 PM
If Andy has managed to have that soul transplant (donated from Jimmy), he has a chance. LOL

It could happen.

Blue Heart24
11-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Ivan did have a match point in Indy

Do you know how many matches Ljubo choked after having MP? :o

Sunny_Boy
11-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Andy can beat Nalby or even Ljubo
However, I dont think he has a chance against Fed

Merton
11-09-2006, 01:07 AM
He will win between 0 and 2, but not 3.

disturb3d
11-09-2006, 01:23 AM
Let's not be silly. Roddick won't win more than 10 games in all 3 matches combined.

RickDaStick
11-09-2006, 01:24 AM
Let's not be silly. Roddick won't win more than 10 games in all 3 matches combined.


good call big boy.

Regenbogen
11-09-2006, 02:39 AM
One. against Ljubicic or Nalbandian. Maybe. :help:

yomike
11-09-2006, 06:51 AM
He will never ever beat Federer, he will not beat Ivan, and he will only beat David again if he had some sort of help from the linesperson.

Bogie
11-09-2006, 06:55 AM
he most likely won't win a match. he can make it seem like he's on fire by beating guys like hewitt and youzhny as he did at the open, but the tmc is a completely different story and he just can't hang with these guys. 0-3

mtw
11-09-2006, 10:23 AM
All depends on his form. When he is in good form, he can win.

oz_boz
11-09-2006, 01:32 PM
All depends on his form. When he is in good form, he can win.

Against Fed he also must hope for a less than 100% performance from his opponent. ;)

I think he will actually beat both Ljubo and Nalby, and get to the SF.

Fumus
11-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Is this Federer fans hoping Daveed will get knocked out before the finals...hahaha...now I see why people are voting the way they did, they are hoping Daveed doesn't beat Fed again this year...lol

rofe
11-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Is this Federer fans hoping Daveed will get knocked out before the finals...hahaha...now I see why people are voting the way they did, they are hoping Daveed doesn't beat Fed again this year...lol

Just like you keep wishing the opposite since Andy can't do it? ;)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4427077&postcount=43

Fumus
11-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Just like you keep wishing the opposite since Andy can't do it? ;)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4427077&postcount=43

I was being silly. I don't care about Daveed but I figured typing something ridiculous in spanish might lighten the mood in that thead to a cooler temptature...

Dusk Soldier
11-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Does that mean that If I played Federer I would have a 50-50 chance? Makes sense right?
actually 0 divided by 0 equals any number you want it to be.

Dusk Soldier
11-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Let's not be silly. Roddick won't win more than 10 games in all 3 matches combined.

It's possible, I'll give you that. But I really don't see Roger, Nalbandian, and Ljubo retiring two games into the first set. It's just not going to happen.:rolleyes:

Fumus
11-09-2006, 06:52 PM
It's possible, I'll give you that. But I really don't see Roger, Nalbandian, and Ljubo retiring two games into the first set. It's just not going to happen.:rolleyes:

Roddick always wins a good amount of games in his matches for obvious reasons..namely his "evres"(that's serve backwards) haha. Um..yea saying he's only going to win 10games is ridiculous but lol, people in the GM want to hate on Roddick that was the point of this thread but on a whole people voted and posted very rationally it's almost scary.