The " Homecoming Okaerinasai AIG Open ;) " thread! 3rd rd lost to RG 1-6 2-6 - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 104 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 07:06 AM
Registered User
 
Reaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 42
                     
Re: The " Homecoming Okaerinasai AIG Open ;) " thread! 2nd rd def. GGL 6-4 6-4 :ye

Quote:
Originally Posted by *esther* View Post
Aww... Gasquet won, 6-1, 6-2
im hurt couldnt see the match though.But what happened-i expected a fight from Kei.Gasquet is a quality player who hasnt really been playing well.its so upsetting
Reaz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 104 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 07:30 AM
Registered User
 
Papakori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tokyo
Age: 26
Posts: 4,369
                     
Re: The " Homecoming Okaerinasai AIG Open ;) " thread! 3rd rd lost to RG 1-6 2-6

I am surprised as well. I thought it would be a lot closer than that at least.


SweetingNishikoriIsnerBrands
BemelmansBozoljacDarcisRobredo
FucsovicsMalisseSoedaTrevisan
Papakori is offline  
post #93 of 104 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Registered User
 
Reaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 42
                     
Re: The " Homecoming Okaerinasai AIG Open ;) " thread! 3rd rd lost to RG 1-6 2-6

http://www.supersport.co.za/tennis/a...for%20semis%20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papakori View Post
I am surprised as well. I thought it would be a lot closer than that at least.

gasquet says something good and he too is a little suprised.nishikori has his comments.
Reaz is offline  
post #94 of 104 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 12:36 PM
May All Beings Be Happy!!
 
DhammaTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
Posts: 12,245
                     
Re: The " Homecoming Okaerinasai AIG Open ;) " thread! 3rd rd lost to RG 1-6 2-6

Awww Kei Gasquet is really good, and when he is playing well it's wonderful to watch. Anyway, it's good learning experience for Kei. Better luck next time he meets Gasquet.

MAY ALL BEINGS BE HAPPY!!
DhammaTiger is offline  
post #95 of 104 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Registered User
 
kinokino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 197
                     
Re: The " Homecoming Okaerinasai AIG Open ;) " thread! 2nd rd def. GGL 6-4 6-4 :ye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
looks like your two favs face each other now no?
Yes, Deck. I guess many people was interested in seeing this match(P1,2). However, Gasquet didn't let Kei play well in the first set(P3,4). On the other hand, Gasquet played really well and went at his own pace(P5). Kei was better in the second set, but he couldn't do his best performance to the end(P6,7).
Mr. Matsuoka said Kei has a lot of talent but physically not enough yet. Kei promised us he will come back here to win the championship.
I really thank for Kei gave me an unforgetable good time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1.jpg (152.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg P2.jpg (314.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg P3.jpg (169.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P4.jpg (155.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P5.jpg (127.4 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg P6.jpg (172.6 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg P7.jpg (182.4 KB, 7 views)

Ganbare Kei Nishikori
Allez Richard Gasquet&Hea tahe Kaia Kanepi & Ура!Mikhail Youzhny
kinokino is offline  
post #96 of 104 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Registered User
 
*bunny*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,523
                     
Re: The " Homecoming Okaerinasai AIG Open ;) " thread! 3rd rd lost to RG 1-6 2-6

Wow you were very close to them, Kinokino!

Yesterday it took him 22 minutes to break the first game, and today it took him 22 minutes to lose the first set...
Well, Kei made the worst possible start in the first set. After letting Gasquet hold to love, Kei started his service game with a DF. And just after he served at 15-30, his racket flew from his grip. He managed to pick the racket up in time to hit a return, but no doubt it made him panick and he lost that point to face 2 BPs. Kei looked really tense and nervous, he was often seen taking a deep breath between points. But it didn't help and he was either netting or overhitting what would have been winners many times. I hoped he would come back in the second set, like he did in Delray Beach. He did deny Gasquet a break chance in the first game of the second set, and again he saved 3 break points in the third game, serve and volleying at the second break point. Mind you, he hit a few amazing winners too, but probably the pressure of playing in front of a record crowd didn't help, and he was broken on a fourth break point. I have a feeling he plays more freely away from home.

After all the matches were finished for the day, Matsuoka was saying that Kei will fly to Stockholm tomorrow. I guess he will play qualies or he will receive a WC. Hope he fares better in Sweden!!

But his ranking will go up again after two victories at an ISG event. I'm sure he will break into top 80 next week!

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO FOREVER!!

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard

Last edited by *bunny*; 10-02-2008 at 04:57 PM.
*bunny* is offline  
post #97 of 104 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Registered User
 
kinokino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 197
                     
Re: The " Homecoming Okaerinasai AIG Open ;) " thread! 3rd rd lost to RG 1-6 2-6

Otsukaresamadesita! bunny
My sony camera did pretty good job

Good luck in the Stockholm open!

Ganbare Kei Nishikori
Allez Richard Gasquet&Hea tahe Kaia Kanepi & Ура!Mikhail Youzhny
kinokino is offline  
post #98 of 104 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 04:34 AM
Registered User
 
Reaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 42
                     
Re: The " Homecoming Okaerinasai AIG Open ;) " thread! 3rd rd lost to RG 1-6 2-6

when is kei playing next?i like kei so much.i just want to see more of him
Reaz is offline  
post #99 of 104 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Registered User
 
Papakori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tokyo
Age: 26
Posts: 4,369
                     
Re: The " Homecoming Okaerinasai AIG Open ;) " thread! 3rd rd lost to RG 1-6 2-6

Stockholm

SweetingNishikoriIsnerBrands
BemelmansBozoljacDarcisRobredo
FucsovicsMalisseSoedaTrevisan
Papakori is offline  
post #100 of 104 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 03:05 PM
May All Beings Be Happy!!
 
DhammaTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
Posts: 12,245
                     
Re: The " Homecoming Okaerinasai AIG Open ;) " thread! 3rd rd lost to RG 1-6 2-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinokino View Post
Yes, Deck. I guess many people was interested in seeing this match(P1,2). However, Gasquet didn't let Kei play well in the first set(P3,4). On the other hand, Gasquet played really well and went at his own pace(P5). Kei was better in the second set, but he couldn't do his best performance to the end(P6,7).
Mr. Matsuoka said Kei has a lot of talent but physically not enough yet. Kei promised us he will come back here to win the championship.
I really thank for Kei gave me an unforgetable good time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *bunny* View Post
Wow you were very close to them, Kinokino!

Yesterday it took him 22 minutes to break the first game, and today it took him 22 minutes to lose the first set...
Well, Kei made the worst possible start in the first set. After letting Gasquet hold to love, Kei started his service game with a DF. And just after he served at 15-30, his racket flew from his grip. He managed to pick the racket up in time to hit a return, but no doubt it made him panick and he lost that point to face 2 BPs. Kei looked really tense and nervous, he was often seen taking a deep breath between points. But it didn't help and he was either netting or overhitting what would have been winners many times. I hoped he would come back in the second set, like he did in Delray Beach. He did deny Gasquet a break chance in the first game of the second set, and again he saved 3 break points in the third game, serve and volleying at the second break point. Mind you, he hit a few amazing winners too, but probably the pressure of playing in front of a record crowd didn't help, and he was broken on a fourth break point. I have a feeling he plays more freely away from home.

After all the matches were finished for the day, Matsuoka was saying that Kei will fly to Stockholm tomorrow. I guess he will play qualies or he will receive a WC. Hope he fares better in Sweden!!

But his ranking will go up again after two victories at an ISG event. I'm sure he will break into top 80 next week!
Thanks Kinokino and Bunny for the reports and pictures. Goodluck to Kei in Stockholm and hope he gets stronger physically so we can see more magic from him.

MAY ALL BEINGS BE HAPPY!!
DhammaTiger is offline  
post #101 of 104 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Registered User
 
Papakori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tokyo
Age: 26
Posts: 4,369
                     
Re: The " Homecoming Okaerinasai AIG Open ;) " thread! 3rd rd lost to RG 1-6 2-6

He has quite a nice draw in Stockholm, Granollers in round one and followed by Andujar and Hrbaty.

It will be tough from the quarterfinals onwards but it is still a good draw.

[8] Granollers vs WC Nishikori
Andujar vs Hrbaty
Darcis vs C Rochus
O Rochus vs [2] Ancic

SweetingNishikoriIsnerBrands
BemelmansBozoljacDarcisRobredo
FucsovicsMalisseSoedaTrevisan
Papakori is offline  
post #102 of 104 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
*esther*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: RendyRollerLUcoaster
Posts: 726
                     
Re: The " Homecoming Okaerinasai AIG Open ;) " thread! 3rd rd lost to RG 1-6 2-6

I have start a new thread for the Stockholm Open.

RogerFEDERER*AndyMURRAY*NovakDJOKOVIC*RichardGASQUET*MarioANCIC*KeiNISHIKORI*RendyLU*TomasBERDYCH

newly recruited : StanislasWAWRINKA*GillesSIMON*Tsung-huaYANG

Please vote for Rendy's NEW FORUM
*esther* is offline  
post #103 of 104 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered User
 
Papakori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tokyo
Age: 26
Posts: 4,369
                     
Re: The " Homecoming Okaerinasai AIG Open ;) " thread! 3rd rd lost to RG 1-6 2-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by *esther* View Post
I have start a new thread for the Stockholm Open.
I thought we were going to use just one thread?

SweetingNishikoriIsnerBrands
BemelmansBozoljacDarcisRobredo
FucsovicsMalisseSoedaTrevisan
Papakori is offline  
post #104 of 104 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 12:45 AM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: The " Homecoming Okaerinasai AIG Open ;) " thread! 3rd rd lost to RG 1-6 2-6

I'm sorry I completely forgot about the Tournament in Japan I was sorry Kei didn't do so well there, but Richie can play some good tennis when he is on his game.
He just isn't always on his game
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome