DTT Managers Thread 2011 - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,809
                     
Re: DTT Managers Thread 2011

My next vacations have been delayed, so I can manage New Haven and US Open, instead of Cincinnati.

If really nobody can manage Cincinnati, I can do it but I cannot guarantee top management (I will still be at office).

TT Singles Year-End Rankings:
2014: 50
2012: 98 (W: Bucharest)
2011: 65
2010: 34 (W: Memphis)
2009: 61
2008: 63
trucul is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,116
                     
Re: DTT Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucul View Post
My next vacations have been delayed, so I can manage New Haven and US Open, instead of Cincinnati.

If really nobody can manage Cincinnati, I can do it but I cannot guarantee top management (I will still be at office).
I can take Cicinnati

Thanks for taking New Haven and US Open
Boarder35m is offline  
post #93 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,809
                     
Re: DTT Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder35m View Post
I can take Cicinnati

Thanks for taking New Haven and US Open
Thank you Alex.

TT Singles Year-End Rankings:
2014: 50
2012: 98 (W: Bucharest)
2011: 65
2010: 34 (W: Memphis)
2009: 61
2008: 63
trucul is offline  
post #94 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cairo
Posts: 6,471
                     
Re: DTT Managers Thread 2011

I hope someone could see the situation happened in Atlanta DTT , where a match was scheduled for a day and the diffs posted then postponed and scheduled for another day and still put in DTT. I think it's unfair that players know already what their opponents will pick.
What do you think?

Es irrt der Mensch so lang er strebt
Roger Federer .. Malek Jaziri
abollo is offline  
post #95 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Registered User
 
kingroger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,346
                     
Re: DTT Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by abollo View Post
I hope someone could see the situation happened in Atlanta DTT , where a match was scheduled for a day and the diffs posted then postponed and scheduled for another day and still put in DTT. I think it's unfair that players know already what their opponents will pick.
What do you think?
I mean it is actually pretty unfair and it should be replaced by another match but on the other hand players can change their pick...

TTS:#248 (High: #121) W (2)2012: Alphen CH, Szezecin CH
TTD: #252 (High: #26)
W (5) 2012: Caloundra CH w/TankingTheSet, Memphis w/Hellcat, Arad CH w/Marto - 2011: Cherbourg CH w/Kirilenko-Fan, Miami w/Kirilenko-Fan
DTT Singles: High: #1 - W Australian Open 2011, Madrid 2011, Tokyo 2011
DTT Doubles: High: #3 - W Wimbledon 2011, US Open 2011
kingroger is offline  
post #96 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,809
                     
Re: DTT Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingroger View Post
I mean it is actually pretty unfair and it should be replaced by another match but on the other hand players can change their pick...
So, this is not unfair. It would be unfair if somebody knows picks of his opponent and not the opposite.

The conditions and the rules have changed but everybody is on the same level, it is just a matter of tuning strategy/tactics according to conditions. This would be exactly the same as if there is a 3 match doubles round spread over 2 days in and after 2 matches, one team leads by +2. Is it unfair to consider for last day that results of day 1 are known and leading team can split ? I don't think ! this is called tactics.

TT Singles Year-End Rankings:
2014: 50
2012: 98 (W: Bucharest)
2011: 65
2010: 34 (W: Memphis)
2009: 61
2008: 63
trucul is offline  
post #97 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Registered User
 
kingroger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,346
                     
Re: DTT Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucul View Post
So, this is not unfair. It would be unfair if somebody knows picks of his opponent and not the opposite.

The conditions and the rules have changed but everybody is on the same level, it is just a matter of tuning strategy/tactics according to conditions. This would be exactly the same as if there is a 3 match doubles round spread over 2 days in and after 2 matches, one team leads by +2. Is it unfair to consider for last day that results of day 1 are known and leading team can split ? I don't think ! this is called tactics.
Yep, that's why I wrote players can change their picks cleverly

TTS:#248 (High: #121) W (2)2012: Alphen CH, Szezecin CH
TTD: #252 (High: #26)
W (5) 2012: Caloundra CH w/TankingTheSet, Memphis w/Hellcat, Arad CH w/Marto - 2011: Cherbourg CH w/Kirilenko-Fan, Miami w/Kirilenko-Fan
DTT Singles: High: #1 - W Australian Open 2011, Madrid 2011, Tokyo 2011
DTT Doubles: High: #3 - W Wimbledon 2011, US Open 2011
kingroger is offline  
post #98 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,116
                     
Re: DTT Managers Thread 2011

Any manager for Washington DC/Kitzbühel?

If not I´ll open the thread sunday at 6:00pm CEST
Boarder35m is offline  
post #99 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,116
                     
Re: DTT Managers Thread 2011

Any manager for DTT Montreal. I´m already managing TT Montreal

If noone is found I will open the thread when the draws for DTT Washington are made, but there won´t be top class management
Boarder35m is offline  
post #100 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 05:14 PM
Registered User
 
kingroger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,346
                     
Re: DTT Managers Thread 2011

I would do it but I'm going back to school then..... Sorry

TTS:#248 (High: #121) W (2)2012: Alphen CH, Szezecin CH
TTD: #252 (High: #26)
W (5) 2012: Caloundra CH w/TankingTheSet, Memphis w/Hellcat, Arad CH w/Marto - 2011: Cherbourg CH w/Kirilenko-Fan, Miami w/Kirilenko-Fan
DTT Singles: High: #1 - W Australian Open 2011, Madrid 2011, Tokyo 2011
DTT Doubles: High: #3 - W Wimbledon 2011, US Open 2011
kingroger is offline  
post #101 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Registered User
 
kingroger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,346
                     
Re: DTT Managers Thread 2011

But there are so many other good managers.....

TTS:#248 (High: #121) W (2)2012: Alphen CH, Szezecin CH
TTD: #252 (High: #26)
W (5) 2012: Caloundra CH w/TankingTheSet, Memphis w/Hellcat, Arad CH w/Marto - 2011: Cherbourg CH w/Kirilenko-Fan, Miami w/Kirilenko-Fan
DTT Singles: High: #1 - W Australian Open 2011, Madrid 2011, Tokyo 2011
DTT Doubles: High: #3 - W Wimbledon 2011, US Open 2011
kingroger is offline  
post #102 of 162 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 02:06 PM
.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 33,323
                     
Re: DTT Managers Thread 2011

I can take dtt davis cup and kuala lumpur week (not 100% sure for the second)


Tennis Tipping 2016


Singles : 165 (Best 88) -
Doubles : 54 (Best 50) -

Finals CH

Singles : 4:4
Doubles : 10:9 CH (ATP 3:0)
dinkulpus is offline  
post #103 of 162 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,116
                     
Re: DTT Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarto193 View Post
I can take dtt davis cup and kuala lumpur week (not 100% sure for the second)
Thank you
Boarder35m is offline  
post #104 of 162 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 04:11 PM
.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 33,323
                     
Re: DTT Managers Thread 2011

Just you should PM to me, because don't know when to open the thread for Davis Cup and I should use 10 matches, right. 2 Semifinals + 8 World group playoffs


Tennis Tipping 2016


Singles : 165 (Best 88) -
Doubles : 54 (Best 50) -

Finals CH

Singles : 4:4
Doubles : 10:9 CH (ATP 3:0)
dinkulpus is offline  
post #105 of 162 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,116
                     
Re: DTT Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarto193 View Post
Just you should PM to me, because don't know when to open the thread for Davis Cup and I should use 10 matches, right. 2 Semifinals + 8 World group playoffs
Yes 10 matches should be used.
Although there will be big time differences with matches being played in Australia and Japan - and Chile

It will probably be fine if you open the thread at some time at the start of the 2nd week of the US Open.
Boarder35m is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome