Here's the press conference.
He looks so done with the injuries.
For those of you who don't understand French, the main points are :
- He says the health is not great
- The journalist tries to understand what's wrong and he answers he doesn't want to say too much since he's playing Rotterdam and there are a lot of French players in the draw. The journalist says "ok let's say the back" but he doesn't really confirm nor deny so who knows.
- He tried to do the best he could today. Thinks that he had great "feels" one the court and that without pain he would have had a quite easy match. That if Gicquel had played a bit worse he probably would have won.
- When asked how long he has felt pain, he says one week.
- He talks about the decision of going on court. Says that he considers it its job to go and do the best he can.
- Says that his movement especially was "not so great"
- Talks about the surface, says that he really liked it and is "extremely sad" that he couldn't "express himself" on it. Also that given the De schepper/Olivetti match yesterday the surface clearly shouldn't be quicker (for those who didn't watch any of it - great decision - it was terrible)
Update : and I just saw that he gave an interview claiming that 2014 was going to be an amazing year because his preparation should prevent injuries. Great timing as always