Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2 - Page 119 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1771 of 2022 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Registered User
 
TravelingFanGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,442
                     
Re: Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2

Did anyone post this video of the win & interviews? http://sportacentrs.com/teniss/09042...ija_emocijas_u

I almost started to tear up when I saw Andis' reaction to the win & Ernests running on court for the hugs! <3

THE TRAVELING FANGIRL

Team Gulbis & Latvian tennis
Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
TravelingFanGirl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1772 of 2022 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Registered User
 
deyaT87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 28
Posts: 523
                     
Re: Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2

^^
i didn't saw that someone post video before you did, thanks

have no idea what he talking, he is so cute so it doesn't matter
deyaT87 is offline  
post #1773 of 2022 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Registered User
 
takuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,793
                     
Re: Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2

Neither did I, thx! For once Ernests looks really enthusiastic, good sign!
From the i-view I only got the names of tournaments he listed. Otherwise, didn't understand a word. Maybe our Latvian friends will come to rescue once again
Btw: Did you notice those tiny bruises right above his knees (on flickr pictures)? Round, regular, and on both thighs...maybe they're typical? Traces after a massage or sthg?
takuma is offline  
post #1774 of 2022 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Registered User
 
TravelingFanGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,442
                     
Re: Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2

Hm, never noticed any bruising there before now. Not sure where they could be from. Could be anything.
EGulbis gave a little taste of what was said in the interviews. Maybe one of the girls can give a more accurate word for word.
Quote:
Everyone says that this time they experienced the best team spirit in recent years. It was very hard for Andis, his leg was hurting (Michael helped a lot) and the pressure was immense. Ernests and Deniss cheered like crazy, they knew that their support is very crucial, also Ernests felt sorry for his loss on the first day. I think their emotions in the end say it all.

About Ernests’ future plans: He said that his main goal in next tournaments is to gain match experience. He will play challenger in Rome, also some other challengers and qualifying to Rome Masters.
More pictures can be found at these links.
http://www.nyirpress.hu/fucsovics-or...yiregyhaza/505
http://www.nyirpress.hu/szepitett-a-...yiregyhaza/506
http://www.nyirpress.hu/magyar-veres...yiregyhaza/507

THE TRAVELING FANGIRL

Team Gulbis & Latvian tennis
Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
TravelingFanGirl is offline  
post #1775 of 2022 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Registered User
 
Sheila's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 315
                     
Re: Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuma View Post
Did you notice those tiny bruises right above his knees
Extraordinary love bites?

...I'm just joking

Thanks everyone for the pics etc as always
Sheila is offline  
post #1776 of 2022 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 12:34 AM
Registered User
 
deyaT87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 28
Posts: 523
                     
Re: Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2

this are mine photos from Serbia open 2011, I never posted them before...I hope you don't mind because I post them now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG5161.JPG (108.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG5178.JPG (115.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG5185.JPG (121.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG5200.JPG (159.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG5201.JPG (146.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG5204.JPG (153.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG5209.JPG (160.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg P1010011.JPG (245.8 KB, 25 views)
deyaT87 is offline  
post #1777 of 2022 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 03:17 AM
Registered User
 
TravelingFanGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,442
                     
Re: Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2

Of course we don't mind! (specially since I still have tons of pictures from the past two years I still have to post ) Thank you. They are lovely. I love to see him on clay!

THE TRAVELING FANGIRL

Team Gulbis & Latvian tennis
Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
TravelingFanGirl is offline  
post #1778 of 2022 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 05:48 AM
Registered User
 
TravelingFanGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,442
                     
Re: Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2

This is an old picture and has already been posted but I wanted to post it again. It cheered me up! I know I always tell others to be careful not to repost..but I couldn't resist! *grabby hands*



Thanks to tangfastical over on tumblr for bringing this back into my life!

THE TRAVELING FANGIRL

Team Gulbis & Latvian tennis
Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
TravelingFanGirl is offline  
post #1779 of 2022 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 06:00 AM
Registered User
 
FlameOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 24
Posts: 11,328
                     
Re: Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2

Nice nice!

Tennis is life...
Motivated Paire Berdych Gulbis Wawrinka Dimitrov Verdasco Giraldo

FlameOn is online now  
post #1780 of 2022 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Come on, Ernest!
 
-Evita-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,819
                     
Re: Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuma View Post
Neither did I, thx! For once Ernests looks really enthusiastic, good sign!
From the i-view I only got the names of tournaments he listed. Otherwise, didn't understand a word. Maybe our Latvian friends will come to rescue once again
Ernests spoke as if he was sure he'd play the home tie in September against Ukraine, he expressed hope that many fans will come to support him and the team. He was also very proud of Andis and how he won the final match even while his knee was hurting.

Asked about why he chose to play a challenger instead of qualifying for Monte Carlo, he said it was a combination of things - primarily to get match practice, also because it's easier to get points in a challenger than in qualifying, and also because of the ATP ranking rules (if he got any points in Monte-Carlo he wouldn't be able to replace them with higher points he got in a different tournament, or something like that).

Ernests said he'll play Rome Masters qualifying and possibly Madrid qualifying, or maybe a challenger that week, he said he needs to examine the ATP rules closely whether he's allowed to withdraw from qualifying without a penalty. His plan - or wish list - for the clay season is to get at least two wins in every tournament he plays. He says it'll allow him to get into a routine and if he reaches this goal then we can also expect a good result at RG.

Ernests also said that he was happy to play three matches against Hungary, he wanted the match experience. And he wasn't tired at all in the end so he's happy with his physical condition.

한국어 너무 좋아요
-Evita- is offline  
post #1781 of 2022 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Registered User
 
TravelingFanGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,442
                     
Re: Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Ernests spoke as if he was sure he'd play the home tie in September against Ukraine, he expressed hope that many fans will come to support him and the team. He was also very proud of Andis and how he won the final match even while his knee was hurting.

Asked about why he chose to play a challenger instead of qualifying for Monte Carlo, he said it was a combination of things - primarily to get match practice, also because it's easier to get points in a challenger than in qualifying, and also because of the ATP ranking rules (if he got any points in Monte-Carlo he wouldn't be able to replace them with higher points he got in a different tournament, or something like that).

Ernests said he'll play Rome Masters qualifying and possibly Madrid qualifying, or maybe a challenger that week, he said he needs to examine the ATP rules closely whether he's allowed to withdraw from qualifying without a penalty. His plan - or wish list - for the clay season is to get at least two wins in every tournament he plays. He says it'll allow him to get into a routine and if he reaches this goal then we can also expect a good result at RG.

Ernests also said that he was happy to play three matches against Hungary, he wanted the match experience. And he wasn't tired at all in the end so he's happy with his physical condition.

THE TRAVELING FANGIRL

Team Gulbis & Latvian tennis
Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
TravelingFanGirl is offline  
post #1782 of 2022 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Registered User
 
takuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,793
                     
Re: Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2

Thank you so much, Evita!
Good to hear Ernests being so positive and full of energy.
takuma is offline  
post #1783 of 2022 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered User
 
Sombrerero loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 26
Posts: 60,657
                     
Re: Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2

dont withdraw from madrid please =(

Henri KONTINEN

Jaume Pla Malfeito/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Tomas Pusic Whitmore

John Millman /Marcus Willis/Taro Daniel-Alex de Miñaur-Josh Milton


Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Javier Martí-Evan Hoyt-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Andres Artuñedo-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline  
post #1784 of 2022 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Registered User
 
Ginevra83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 695
                     
Re: Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2

http://raiopen.blog.rai.it/
From rome challenger site it is possible to see some pics (FOTO in italian) from him match. But I can't open the page, I don't know why?? Could some of you do it and post them here for everybody?? THANKSSSSS

Ernests
Ginevra83 is offline  
post #1785 of 2022 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Registered User
 
TravelingFanGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,442
                     
Re: Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra83 View Post
http://raiopen.blog.rai.it/
From rome challenger site it is possible to see some pics (FOTO in italian) from him match. But I can't open the page, I don't know why?? Could some of you do it and post them here for everybody?? THANKSSSSS
I unloaded them on Tumblr (FanGirlyConfessions) but they didn't upload very large.

THE TRAVELING FANGIRL

Team Gulbis & Latvian tennis
Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
TravelingFanGirl is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome