How I Can Play Any Challenger Events? - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
mashamaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: At the top of nice's mountains!!
Age: 27
Posts: 6,242
                     
How I Can Play Any Challenger Events?

I PLAY TENNIS HERE, BUT UNFORTUNATELY SO FAR I'VE GOT NO RANKING ON USTA AND EVEN ITF! A WHILE AGO I SENT A MAIL TO SOUTH AMERICAN TENNIS CONFEDERARATION AND THEIR HEAD-DIRECTOR SAID ME THAT I'LL BE ABLE TO GET A WC FOR 2008 FOR SOME OF ATP CHALLENGERS LIKE IN CHILE,BRAZIL,NEAU CALEDONIA,AND OF COURSE FROM MY OWN TERRITORY USA!
AFTERWARDS I'VE SENT SOME MORE MAIL TO THESE CHALLENGERS' DIRECTORS MAYBE FOR 10 TIMES,BUT I GOT NO ANSWER BY NOW!
SO MY QUESTION IS CAN SOME OF YOU GUYS HELP ME AND SUGGEST HOW TO CONTACT THEM??
mashamaniac is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 733
                     
Re: How I Can Play Any Challenger Events?

Hey man, don´t lie for us. A WC for play a challenger.. to u ? give me a break.

How old are u ?

First of all.. before play challengers..u need play small tournaments..like futures, satellites etc. But u need to play the pre-quali(of this tours) first if u don´t have rank. Any people can play the pre-quali.. it´s just subscribe in the tournament and win.

Is over.
derossi is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 3,395
                     
Re: How I Can Play Any Challenger Events?

I doubt that any challenger in brazil would give you a WC.
Maybe you could get a WC to play the qualy of some future, but a WC in the main draw of a challenger is impossible. But I think it would be easier for you to get a WC in some future of USA.
Anyway, good luck wit your carreer.
Salum is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,134
                     
Re: How I Can Play Any Challenger Events?

actually if you show up to a challenger and there are open spots in the qualy draw you can get a WC, if they want to give you one of course...

as for this poster, just that he ask this question shows he must not be good at all, anyone remotely good(I mean one who can compete at least at future level) has an understanding of how things work when it comes to futures and challengers.

"The state is the great fiction by which everybody tries to live at the expense of everybody else." Frederic Bastiat

RON PAUL: Stop Dreaming

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Kazimierz Pulaski
zicofirol is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
mashamaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: At the top of nice's mountains!!
Age: 27
Posts: 6,242
                     
Re: How I Can Play Any Challenger Events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derossi View Post
Hey man, don´t lie for us. A WC for play a challenger.. to u ? give me a break.

How old are u ?

First of all.. before play challengers..u need play small tournaments..like futures, satellites etc. But u need to play the pre-quali(of this tours) first if u don´t have rank. Any people can play the pre-quali.. it´s just subscribe in the tournament and win.
sorry pal,what's the necessity to lie to you in case no one of you guys know me?? by the way i'm 14(don't look at my age in MTF)and i myself talked to their director in brazil ,of course they ain't gonna gimme a wc for MD,but a pre-quallies!! where i said a MD WC??
btw:i asked 'em all,in chile and brazil,they said to usta ,that some WCs are reserved for MD for top talented american players,so is it all okay with that??

Last edited by mashamaniac; 01-20-2007 at 12:45 AM.
mashamaniac is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
mashamaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: At the top of nice's mountains!!
Age: 27
Posts: 6,242
                     
Re: How I Can Play Any Challenger Events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salum View Post
I doubt that any challenger in brazil would give you a WC.
Maybe you could get a WC to play the qualy of some future, but a WC in the main draw of a challenger is impossible. But I think it would be easier for you to get a WC in some future of USA.
Anyway, good luck wit your carreer.
well, you mean they won't give me WC in case i can't play that well,as zicofirol said (a post after yours) if i can show up myself to them and of course try to develop my game throughout next few months,i'll be able to contact them through usta,so that i'd get it for 2008!!!
mashamaniac is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 12:41 AM
Registered User
 
gusman890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Age: 27
Posts: 3,158
                     
Re: How I Can Play Any Challenger Events?

your 14 and you wanna play on the mens tour?

boy you are smoking crackkk

I cannot stand Djokovic
NEW YORK METS

I'm an American who loves clay tennis and the clay season...what is wrong with that picture?
gusman890 is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 12:57 AM
Ace Loveforty
 
scarecrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tirana, ALBANIA
Posts: 81,810
                     
Re: How I Can Play Any Challenger Events?

dude, go and play some juniors first

you got no chance of playing Challengers (not even Futures) if you are not good enough in ITF Under 18 tournaments

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=378

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 08:38 AM
MONSOON season.
 
CooCooCachoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Age: 31
Posts: 77,354
                     
Re: How I Can Play Any Challenger Events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
dude, go and play some juniors first

you got no chance of playing Challengers (not even Futures) if you are not good enough in ITF Under 18 tournaments
This is completely not true. A lot of players do not play the junior circuit at all, or only barely, before they start to take part in Futures, Challengers and ATP level events. For many, juniors is a logical step, but it is by no means a necessary step as you make it sound.

My advice would be to not get your hopes up. You are much more likely to be unsuccessful in getting these WCs (let alone winning matches) than in obtaining them. However, if you are set on getting WCs, you will need to convince people of your talent. I would aim for Futures WCs, as they are more easily obtainable (esp. Futures qualies). Right now, at the age of 14, you stand no chance in Challengers whatsoever anyway. However, if you feel over-confident, some Challengers do sell WCs to the likes of Kevin McDuffee and Erwin Kerkhoven, so I don't see why you couldn't get one if you offer enough bucks.

BEMELMANS | CHARDY | CHIUDINELLI
CIPOLLA| ROGER-VASSELIN | MCGEE




Bachinger|Basilashvili|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Cuevas |Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos
Granollers|Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Mannarino
Menendez|Mitchell|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Rober t|Rubin|Smyczek|J. Sousa|Weintraub

CooCooCachoo is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 3,395
                     
Re: How I Can Play Any Challenger Events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashamaniac View Post
well, you mean they won't give me WC in case i can't play that well,as zicofirol said (a post after yours) if i can show up myself to them and of course try to develop my game throughout next few months,i'll be able to contact them through usta,so that i'd get it for 2008!!!
Of course, if you try to get a WC in a qualy of a future through usta it would be so much easier. But I just don't understand why usta doesn't give a WC in a quali of some future in USA. I think it would be easier and you would spend less money.
Salum is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
mashamaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: At the top of nice's mountains!!
Age: 27
Posts: 6,242
                     
Re: How I Can Play Any Challenger Events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo View Post
This is completely not true. A lot of players do not play the junior circuit at all, or only barely, before they start to take part in Futures, Challengers and ATP level events. For many, juniors is a logical step, but it is by no means a necessary step as you make it sound.

My advice would be to not get your hopes up. You are much more likely to be unsuccessful in getting these WCs (let alone winning matches) than in obtaining them. However, if you are set on getting WCs, you will need to convince people of your talent. I would aim for Futures WCs, as they are more easily obtainable (esp. Futures qualies). Right now, at the age of 14, you stand no chance in Challengers whatsoever anyway. However, if you feel over-confident, some Challengers do sell WCs to the likes of Kevin McDuffee and Erwin Kerkhoven, so I don't see why you couldn't get one if you offer enough bucks.

thanks for all your encouragements! i could contact one of french academies and they promised me if i spend more than 3 months there,they'll give me some WCs for some satellite and futures across france! and if you see my flag stands as french is cuz i'm going to leave NYC in 2 weeks for nice,france! anyways,i guess this post of yours boosted my confidence more than ever

Last edited by mashamaniac; 01-20-2007 at 09:13 PM.
mashamaniac is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 09:46 AM
MONSOON season.
 
CooCooCachoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Age: 31
Posts: 77,354
                     
Re: How I Can Play Any Challenger Events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashamaniac View Post
thanks for all your encouragements! i could contact one of french academies and they promised me if i spend more than 3 months there,they'll give me some WCs for some satellite and futures across france! and if you see my flag stands as french is cuz i'm going to leave NYC in 2 weeks for nice,france! anyways,i guess this post of yours boosted my confidence more than ever
You are welcome Good luck

BEMELMANS | CHARDY | CHIUDINELLI
CIPOLLA| ROGER-VASSELIN | MCGEE




Bachinger|Basilashvili|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Cuevas |Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos
Granollers|Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Mannarino
Menendez|Mitchell|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Rober t|Rubin|Smyczek|J. Sousa|Weintraub

CooCooCachoo is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Registered User
 
Russian elephant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 959
                     
Re: How I Can Play Any Challenger Events?

mashamaniac

keep us informed about your career
Russian elephant is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Tênis Mambembe
 
Zirconek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 36,804
                     
Re: How I Can Play Any Challenger Events?

Mashamaniac, remember you must register in the itf.com to get an IPIN.
Good luck!

Zirconek is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome