Mens Tennis Forums banner

TT Davis Cup Final: Congrats Romania!

4K views 43 replies 14 participants last post by  Nadie 
#1 · (Edited)
Tennis Tipping Davis Cup Final

What is Tennis Tipping?

In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:

- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide which player wins.

- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

How to Sign-Up:

Confirm here or by pm to your country's captain if you want to play. The captain will then choose the teams.

Please read this post for more information
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...14&postcount=1

How to send in picks:

Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every match! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [TT: ?, day #]. Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. For Davis Cup doubles, you tip the Davis Cup doubles rubbers. No changes can be made after the play has started.

Additional Rules

1. Players will be allowed to make tactical changes to the doubles and reverse singles up until the start of play for that day - the captains must pm me to inform me before the days' play starts though.

2. Non playing members of each team may send me in their tips each day as backup incase one of the other members of their team doesn't send in their tips.

PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE

If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to gavin@nb-globetrotter.co.uk

See less See more
#30 ·
Re: TT Davis Cup Final: Romania take an early lead!

daviscup.com

Game by Game Updates

Nalbandian/Calleri 3-4 Lopez/Verdasco (2nd set)
"Lopez and Verdasco are both really good looking guys and their tennis is supremely pleasing on the eye as well. They get their perfectly shaped noses in front."

:worship: :lol:

#31 ·

Day 3
J. DEL POTRO (ARG) v D. FERRER (ESP) SR1/PTS1
D. NALBANDIAN (ARG) v F. LOPEZ (ESP) SR2/PTS2

Alternative matches
D. NALBANDIAN (ARG) v F. VERDASCO (ESP)
D. NALBANDIAN (ARG) v M. GRANOLLERS (ESP)
J. DEL POTRO (ARG) v F. VERDASCO (ESP)
J. DEL POTRO (ARG) v M. GRANOLLERS (ESP)
J. ACASUSO (ARG) v D. FERRER (ESP)
J. ACASUSO (ARG) v F. LOPEZ (ESP)
J. ACASUSO (ARG) v F. VERDASCO (ESP)
J. ACASUSO (ARG) v M. GRANOLLERS (ESP)
A. CALLERI (ARG) v D. FERRER (ESP)
A. CALLERI (ARG) v F. LOPEZ (ESP)
A. CALLERI (ARG) v F. VERDASCO (ESP)
A. CALLERI (ARG) v M. GRANOLLERS (ESP)

Send SR/PTS for all alternative matches

Play starts at 12:0 local time, 15:00 CET
In case of line up changes match 1 will be SR1 and match 2 will be SR2
** Dead rubbers will not count**

#32 ·

World Group Final

02:01| Romania v Australia

01:01| Huff v Peta Pan SRs 1:0
01:01| Scythe19pro v Aussie_Fan PTS1 10:7
00:01| Huff/Georg v Tankman/InzainSoulja
00:00| Georg v Tankman
00:00| Scythe19pro v Peta Pan

#36 ·
Re: TT Davis Cup Final: AUS win doubles after heroic performance by Tankman

World Group Final

04:01| Romania v Australia

01:01| Huff v Peta Pan SRs 1:0
01:01| Scythe19pro v Aussie_Fan PTS1 10:7
00:01| Huff/Georg v Tankman/InzainSoulja
01:01| Georg v Tankman PTS1 13:4
01:01| Scythe19pro v Peta Pan PTS1 13:13, Ranking

#39 ·
Wow, it's pretty unbelievable!
Congrats Australia and good luck next year :hug:

I'll keep this short and just say a big well done to the best Romanian players I had the honor to play next to! Florin, George, Miruna, Iza, you guys rock :worship:

Looks like the DC trophy stays in Europe this year as well :p

And Gav, thanks for a great management, it's been fun :yeah:

#42 ·
Congratulations Romania :yeah: Dana and team - you guys really deserved this win.

Making this final was a pretty big achievement, so I'd really like to thank the Aussie team - Peta, aussie_fan and InzainSoulja - for getting us this far all the way from the qualifying group last year :D

Gav, thank you once again for all your hard work managing DC this week and this year :worship:

the Cup stays in Europe :cool:
For now :armed: :smoke:

#43 ·
Wow, it wouldn't have affected the overall result, but losing by ranking completely sucks :ras:

Congrats Romania :yeah:

I'm quite used to cheering for Romania in tennis ;) so I think I think I can let you have this victory :p

Thanks for being a great team manager Tankman, and thanks also to aussie_fan and InzainSoulja for helping with our fantastic run in this years Davis Cup.

I look forward to us going one better next year :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.