- View Single Post - Back...for now. aka the Girlfriend thread
View Single Post
post #1186 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 07:22 PM
country flag Roseisarose
Re: Back...for now.

Originally Posted by maryb View Post
Just read a report in the Mail on Sunday about a lunch that Dasha had with Roman and 4 other people. The bill for a 79 minute lunch in an Italian restaurant in New York came to £29,000 apparently.

Putting aside the 'billionaire aspect', I find that appalling. Half the world starves ...

Extravagant displays of wealth are pretty vulgar. I would have thought she would have used her 'influence' on this occasion. A couple of hundred quid on lunch (if need be) ... and the rest to charity if £29k is pennies, so to speak.

£29,000 for a lunch? F***, am I missing something?

Gawd, I'm getting crabbit in my old age.

No, you're not. Even if you run in very wealthy circles, it's shameful to spend that much money on a meal with a small group of people. Sure, you might argue that the waiters got extravagant tips, and that it's good for the faltering economy in the wider sense, but that meal leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

I don't like or dislike Dasha, but her involvement with a man like Abramovich shows me that, whatever your opinion of her beauty or personality, her values were not compatible with Marat's. I know I'm writing as if I know them personally, but Marat's interviews make him sound as if he is thoughtful and humble towards his wealth.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome