Originally Posted by tennisfancroatia
Thank you very much The Cat Lady (or Rosie
Just to clarify:
Practically,for me,its almost impossible to get a ticket for Centre and court 1 now (the only way is to be there overnight and buy one of those 500).
As for the tickets for court 3-18,which I'm interested it,
They are selling it on the particular day,right?( I want a Monday ticket so I need to be there on Monday morning)
You dont need a special ticket for outside courts?
With the ground pass ticket,you can watch any match in courts 3-18?
I heard that on court 3-18 there are no marked seats,you just come and seat where you wish,true?
Sorry for making so many questions,but this indeed looks like a complicated Slam
No worries - you're welcome
And don't worry about the questions - it IS undoubtedly a complicated Slam.
And - yes - you are right with all your assumptions.
(1) Yes, it is impossible for you now to buy ShowCourt tickets unless you do the queueing thing, or can afford hugely expensive black market tickets
And I would suggest don't even think about this, as the Police are very strict here on ticket touts, and even buying a black market ticket can get you into lots of serious trouble.
(2) For Courts 3-18, yes they are sold for each particular day. If you get there by 7.00am you should be fine. Doors open at 9.30am. There are loads of burger vans and coffee places along the queue, and they give you a numbered ticket to keep your place, so if you need to leave for a while you can get back into your rightful place. You know we Brits are great at queueing
3) No - you don't need a special ticket for the outside courts - the Grounds Pass gets you anywhere on Courts 3-18. Also, as I said before, standing room on Court 2.
4) Yes - you can watch any match. Play starts at 11.00am and normally finishes about 9.30pm depending on light and weather conditions.
5) Yes - there are no numbered seats on the outside courts, you can sit anywhere you want, apart from on the Coaches/Players' Guests seats. There are only a small number of these by the side of each court near the front(maybe 10) and they are clearly marked "Reserved".
Btw - a few tips if you come........
1) Bring your own water and food - Wimbledon is really expensive.
2) Try not to bring a rucksack or any big bags, because security is really tight, and everything gets searched and may be taken from you, and also slows down your entry through the gates.
3) Take a raincoat and/or an umbrella. It really does rain a LOT
Have fun - and if you need anymore info, please feel free to PM me or ask anymore questions here.