Hamburg Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated May 12, 2008) - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Moderator
 
smucav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,002
                     
Hamburg Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated May 12, 2008)

Tournament Name: MASTERS SERIES HAMBURG presented by EON Hanse
Location: HAMBURG, GERMANY
Dates: SUNDAY 11–SUNDAY 18 MAY 2008
Prize Money: €2,270,000 (€2,057,000)
56 DRAW

SITE: DTB ROTHENBAUM SPORT GMBH
HALLERSTRASSE 89
20149 HAMBURG
SURFACE: RED CLAY
BALL: HEAD
PRIZE MONEY: EURO
WEB SITE: http://www.dtb-tennis.de/AmRothenbaum_en/


Qualifying draw: Friday, May 9, 9:00 p.m.
Main draw: Saturday, May 10, 2:00 p.m.
Doubles draw: Saturday, May 9, 6:00 p.m.


ATP Ranking Points/ATP Race Points
W: 500/100
F: 350/70
SF: 225/45
QF: 125/25
R16: 75/15
R32: 35/7 (Seeds 1-8: 5/1)
R64: 5/1 (WC: 0/0)
Q: +15/+3
Q14: 8/0
Q28: 0/0

Entry deadline: March 31, 2008
Seeding: May 5, 2008


1 Federer, Roger SUI 1
2 Nadal, Rafael ESP 2
3 Djokovic, Novak SRB 3
4 Davydenko, Nikolay RUS 4
5 Ferrer, David ESP 5
OUT Roddick, Andy USA 6
OUT Nalbandian, David ARG 7
8 Gasquet, Richard FRA 8
9 Blake, James USA 9
10 Berdych, Tomas CZE 10
11 Youzhny, Mikhail RUS 11
12 Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried FRA 12
13 Murray, Andy GBR 13
14 Robredo, Tommy ESP 14
15 Canas, Guillermo ARG 15
16 Mathieu, Paul-Henri FRA 16
OUT Baghdatis, Marcos CYP 17
OUT Gonzalez, Fernando CHI 18
19 Monaco, Juan ARG 19
20 Karlovic, Ivo CRO 20
21 Moya, Carlos ESP 21
OUT Hewitt, Lleyton AUS 22
OUT Ferrero, Juan Carlos ESP 23
24 Ljubicic, Ivan CRO 24
OUT Almagro, Nicolas ESP 25
26 Nieminen, Jarkko FIN 26
27 Kohlschreiber, Philipp GER 27
OUT Stepanek, Radek CZE 28
29 Wawrinka, Stanislas SUI 29
30 Verdasco, Fernando ESP 30
31 Chela, Juan Ignacio ARG 31
32 Malisse, Xavier BEL @31
33 Andreev, Igor RUS 32
34 Lopez, Feliciano ESP 33
35 Simon, Gilles FRA 34
36 Tursunov, Dmitry RUS 35
OUT Haas, Tommy GER 36
38 Starace, Potito ITA 37
39 Llodra, Michael FRA 38
40 Soderling, Robin SWE 39
41 Fish, Mardy USA 40
42 Tipsarevic, Janko SRB 41
43 Volandri, Filippo ITA 42
44 Mahut, Nicolas FRA 43
45 (SE)
46 (Q) Granollers, Marcel ESP
47 (Q) Benneteau, Julien FRA
48 (Q) Martin, Alberto ESP
49 (Q) Horna, Luis PER
50 (Q) Sanchez de Luna, Jose Antonio ESP
51 (Q) Safin, Marat RUS
52 (Q) Naso, Gianluca ITA
53 (WC) Beck, Andreas GER
54 (WC) Berrer, Michael GER
55 (WC) Schuettler, Rainer GER
56 (WC) Zverev, Mischa GER
(LL) Rochus, Olivier BEL (replaces Roddick)
(LL) Minar, Ivo CZE (replaces Stepanek)
(LL) Vliegen, Kristof BEL (replaces Almagro)

Alternates
IN Cilic, Marin CRO 44
IN Acasuso, Jose ARG 45
IN Seppi, Andreas ITA 46
IN Darcis, Steve BEL 47
OUT Lee, Hyung-Taik KOR 48
OUT Santoro, Fabrice FRA 49
OUT Querrey, Sam USA 50
IN Kiefer, Nicolas GER 51
OUT Grosjean, Sebastien FRA 52
OUT Calleri, Agustin ARG 53
OUT Gicquel, Marc FRA 54
IN Bolelli, Simone ITA 55
IN Montanes, Albert ESP 56
1. Bjorkman, Jonas SWE 57
2. Koubek, Stefan AUT 58
3. Haase, Robin NED 59
4. Johansson, Thomas SWE 60
5. Sela, Dudi ISR 61
OUT Garcia-Lopez, Guillermo ESP 62
6. Ancic, Mario CRO 63

Last edited by smucav; 05-12-2008 at 06:56 PM.
smucav is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 06:33 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,586
                     
Re: Hamburg Entry List (updated April 1, 2008)

This is an insane entry list

Hopefully, not too many withdrawals

my tennis pictures: here and here
my tennis videos: here
rrfnpump is offline  
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 08:18 AM
country flag JMG
Registered User
 
JMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 24,740
                     
Re: Hamburg Entry List (updated April 1, 2008)

Hopefully many withdrawals. It would suck if they had to waste a wc for Kiefer.
JMG is offline  
post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Registered User
 
ImmzB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Posts: 14,626
                     
Re: Hamburg Entry List (updated April 1, 2008)

Hope they give a Wild-Card 2 Marat Safin
ImmzB is offline  
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Registered User
 
Mrs. Fabregas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: back into my "normal +work mode" and me don't like :(
Age: 35
Posts: 2,152
                     
Re: Hamburg Entry List (updated April 1, 2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrfnpump View Post
This is an insane entry list

Hopefully, not too many withdrawals
Yes indeed ... the entry list is .... Am very, very looking forward to it already

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmzB View Post
Hope they give a Wild-Card 2 Marat Safin
I do hope so so so so so so so so very much too
Mrs. Fabregas is offline  
post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Registered User
 
ZackBusner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,566
                     
Re: Hamburg Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated April 8, 2008)

Any new theories about who will get the Wild Cards?
As always, they will all go to german players. First WC to Andi Beck as he won the WC tournament. If Kiwi doesn't get a direct entry he'll get the second WC. I think Berrer is quite sure as well since he played Davis Cup this year. So there is one more: Zverev? Mayer? Gremelmayr? Petzschner? Schüttler ?
ZackBusner is online now  
post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 03:17 AM
Registered User
 
davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 270
                     
Re: Hamburg Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated April 8, 2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackBusner View Post
Any new theories about who will get the Wild Cards?
As always, they will all go to german players. First WC to Andi Beck as he won the WC tournament. If Kiwi doesn't get a direct entry he'll get the second WC. I think Berrer is quite sure as well since he played Davis Cup this year. So there is one more: Zverev? Mayer? Gremelmayr? Petzschner? Schüttler ?
Maybe Steeb as tournament director will be a bit more open-minded and won't stick to the stupid "German players only" rule.

Guga would probably get one if he wanted to play (though after today's slaughter I hope he reconsiders ).

Safin and Ancic? Marat as a crowd-pleaser, Mario because of his "heroic" fight back from injury? They'll both at least try.

If it's just Germans again, Zverev should get a WC since he lives in Hamburg (local hero, LOL). I kinda doubt Berrer would even want one, he doesn't like clay too much. But Mayer perhaps?

Let's take it the Zen way - wait patiently and see
davis is offline  
post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 08:44 PM
GM is...
 
Eden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 40
Posts: 23,317
                     
Re: Hamburg Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated April 8, 2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis View Post
Guga would probably get one if he wanted to play (though after today's slaughter I hope he reconsiders ).
It was said that he don't get a WC. Beside this Hamburg isn't mentioned on his homepage. Guga will play Barcelona and Paris before retiring.
Eden is offline  
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Registered User
 
Winnipeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,249
                     
Re: Hamburg Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated April 8, 2008)

Gremelmayr will receive a WC,
mainly for his estorli performance...

GILLES MULLER

ERNESTS GULBIS

Once a year ITF player. Last year I took two games off of Dimitar Kutrovsky and Saketh Myneni

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalvinLuisandy View Post
Yes. But match point on Arnaboldi's serve is 10% chance

Tennis Tipping: 2015 Astana CH Singles and Doubles Champion
Winnipeg is offline  
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 10:38 PM
country flag JMG
Registered User
 
JMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 24,740
                     
Re: Hamburg Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated April 8, 2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg View Post
Gremelmayr will receive a WC,
mainly for his estorli performance...
Why do you say that as if you are sure?

Gremelmayr committed to Zagreb that week.
JMG is offline  
post #11 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Registered User
 
ZackBusner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,566
                     
Re: Hamburg Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated April 8, 2008)

At the moment I guess the WCs will go to Kiefer, Berrer, Gremelmayr, Beck. If Kiefer gets direct entry (what I doubt) the 4th WC will be for Schüttler.
ZackBusner is online now  
post #12 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Moderator
 
smucav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,002
                     
Re: Hamburg Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated April 30, 2008)

OUT: Baghdatis, Haas (& Lee, Grosjean, Gicquel from ALT)
IN: Cilic, Acasuso
smucav is offline  
post #13 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 11:23 PM
Registered User
 
Renaud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,055
                     
Re: Hamburg Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated April 8, 2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackBusner View Post
If Kiefer gets direct entry (what I doubt) the 4th WC will be for Schüttler.
Santoro's participation is highly doubtful
Youzhny and Tsonga are not sure to play. Querrey told he would go back to USA for 3 weeks (right ?), and i don't think the SE spot will be used... + usual withdrawal we don't know yet but that will surely comes .
I'm pretty sure Kiefer will get in without a WC.

~♠ Lisnardaire(s) ~
un pour un, un pour un

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Je peux simplement vous dire que Jean-René Lisnard aime beaucoup les Chocapics" Benjamin Balleret
Renaud is offline  
post #14 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hulshout
Posts: 4,468
                     
Re: Hamburg Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated April 30, 2008)

Nadal and Malisse probably won't play here

Play FMTA Now ...

Next tournament : Open 13 ... http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...php?p=11738780
Drikke is offline  
post #15 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 10:37 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Filipo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 8,020
                     
Re: Hamburg Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated April 30, 2008)

why Nadal ? if he lost early in Rome (3rd consecutive week) he could play here.

Filipo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome