Thank goodness Master Hewitt has returned. Once again, Australia can depend on him. It will be tough, against Belarus. *Finds map and googles "Belarus""Tennis""ATP" for further information*
I am not a patriot in Davis Cup for a number of reasons.
* The fact that I am Australian, does not change the fact that my favourite players are my favourite players for a reason
. Granted, I will cheer on Luczak and possibly Kimmich if he ever gets a shot, but I won't stop supporting my guys for a few days, if it's just a few matches of tennis.
* The stupidity and ignorance of commentators is sickening. John Newcombe is my favourite of commentators...although I do wonder what Fred Stolle would do if precious Xavier [Belgium] played against Australia?
* The fans irritate me. Fan
* Previously: Todd Woodbridge. Always: Lleyton Hewitt. He oozes something which can be interpreted as ass-holish-ness, or spirit. Probably both.
* I thrive when it comes to supporting the opposition. It's fun, if only to provoke the man next to me, who only follows tennis when its on TV, live from Melbourne Park.
My points are invalid however, as I am not interested in glorifying Master Hewitts heroics and his service to Australian tennis (although neither of these can be denied).
JL - seeing Hewitt play is exciting. The crowd gets going and it does make the match more thrilling. Just need to make sure he is winning, or the crowd may suffer from shock (Nalbandian match, July 2005
) and fall silent.