Federico Luzzi Tribute Thread - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #136 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Registered User
 
ntorcida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Age: 31
Posts: 1,925
                     
Re: Federico Luzzi is dead

R.i.p.
ntorcida is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #137 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,769
                     
Re: Federico Luzzi is dead

CARPE DEUM (Latin)

which means "Seize the day" ...... make use of every day you have on this earth
michellej is offline  
post #138 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 25
Posts: 68
                     
Re: Federico Luzzi is dead

Here are some quotes from Gazzetta.it .


Andreas Seppi: "Era un pò di tempo che non ci vedevamo, quello che gli è successo è stata una cosa brutta e inattesa, mi lascia senza parole. Di Federico voglio ricordare la sua allegria contagiosa, la sua simpatia e il suo amore per il tennis".

Daniele Bracciali: "Non riesco a darmi pace, eravamo cresciuti insieme sui campi da tennis ed eravamo veramente amici al di là dello sport".

Andrea Gaudenzi: " Sono rimasto scioccato. Era un ragazzo pieno di vita, allegro e simpatico. Non ho parole".

Fabrizio Fanucci (ex allenatore Luzzi): "È come se mi fosse morto un figlio. Ho trascorso più tempo con lui che con i miei stessi figli. Il ricordo che deve restare di Federico nel tennis è il suo esordio in Coppa Davis contra la Finlandia dove diede tutto vincendo in singolare contro Liukko al quinto set 14-12. Questo era Federico, un generoso in campo e nella vita".
WillisP is offline  
post #139 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Registered User
 
Voo de Mar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: somewhere between Fire and Water
Posts: 20,204
                     
Re: Federico Luzzi is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
"he was my best friend, we lived together for the last 5 years. We trained together. He was a unique person, his death destroyed me: he didn't even have the time to fight. Yesterday morning I was having breakfast with him, now we all suffer"
I've got shivers when I read something like this

stroke <- point <- game <- set <- MATCH -> round -> tournament -> season -> career
My favorite stats
Longest matches
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline  
post #140 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Registered User
 
Spadea TT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Piacenza, Italy
Age: 28
Posts: 4,199
                     
Re: Federico Luzzi is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillisP View Post
Here are some quotes from Gazzetta.it .


Andreas Seppi: "Era un pò di tempo che non ci vedevamo, quello che gli è successo è stata una cosa brutta e inattesa, mi lascia senza parole. Di Federico voglio ricordare la sua allegria contagiosa, la sua simpatia e il suo amore per il tennis".

Daniele Bracciali: "Non riesco a darmi pace, eravamo cresciuti insieme sui campi da tennis ed eravamo veramente amici al di là dello sport".

Andrea Gaudenzi: " Sono rimasto scioccato. Era un ragazzo pieno di vita, allegro e simpatico. Non ho parole".

Fabrizio Fanucci (ex allenatore Luzzi): "È come se mi fosse morto un figlio. Ho trascorso più tempo con lui che con i miei stessi figli. Il ricordo che deve restare di Federico nel tennis è il suo esordio in Coppa Davis contra la Finlandia dove diede tutto vincendo in singolare contro Liukko al quinto set 14-12. Questo era Federico, un generoso in campo e nella vita".
Seppi: "I haven't seen him for some time. What happened to him is horrible and unexpected, I'm speachless. I want to remember his contageous happiness and his love for tennis"

Bracciali: (the same as before)

Gaudenzi: "I'm shocked. He was full of life, happy, easygoing. I have no words"

Fanucci: "It is as if my son died. I spent more time with him than with my children. We should remember him with his Davis Cup debut against Finland, where he gave all winning in singles against Liukko 14-12 in the 5th set. This was Federico, a generous boy in and off court"

--
Spadea TT is offline  
post #141 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 01:15 PM
Registered User
 
Voo de Mar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: somewhere between Fire and Water
Posts: 20,204
                     
Re: Federico Luzzi is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadea TT View Post
Fanucci: "It is as if my son died. I spent more time with him than with my children. We should remember him with his Davis Cup debut against Finland, where he gave all winning in singles against Liukko 14-12 in the 5th set. This was Federico, a generous boy in and off court"
Luzzi def. Liukko 6-4 7-6(7) 4-6 3-6 14-12

Luzzi saved setpoint in the tie-break and matchpoint at 8:9 in the 5th with an ace. 4 hours 29 minutes, the longest winning match for Italy in Davis Cup.

stroke <- point <- game <- set <- MATCH -> round -> tournament -> season -> career
My favorite stats
Longest matches
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline  
post #142 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 01:46 PM
MONSOON season.
 
CooCooCachoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Age: 30
Posts: 77,149
                     
Re: Federico Luzzi is dead

This is heart-breaking

BEMELMANS | CHARDY | CHIUDINELLI
CIPOLLA| ROGER-VASSELIN | MCGEE




Bachinger|Basilashvili|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Cuevas |Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos
Granollers|Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Mannarino
Menendez|Mitchell|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Rober t|Rubin|Smyczek|J. Sousa|Weintraub

CooCooCachoo is offline  
post #143 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Registered User
 
tcorinna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 345
                     
Re: Federico Luzzi is dead

I'm so sorry This is so sad I hope he rests in peace

PROUD SUPPORTER OF ROGER FEDERER


7 WIMBLEDON TITLES+5 US OPEN TITLES+4 AUSTRALIAN OPEN TITLES+1 ROLAND GARROS TITLE=17 MAJORS ...
AND STILL COUNTING
tcorinna is offline  
post #144 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,563
                     
Re: Federico Luzzi is dead

RIP Federico
Raquel is offline  
post #145 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Registered User
 
Labamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Finland
Age: 34
Posts: 32,551
                     
Re: Federico Luzzi is dead

so sad, rest in peace Federico
Labamba is offline  
post #146 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Registered User
 
Shabazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: somewhere at the sea
Age: 34
Posts: 2,650
                     
Re: Federico Luzzi is dead

Such sad news. He was only two years older than me.
My deepest sympathy to his family.

RIP Federico!

"This is not about class, colour or races,
let’s get around and see different places,
put a smile on those distant faces,
wipe away your sorrow with no traces."


All the best to the members of the FedererExpress
Shabazza is offline  
post #147 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Registered User
 
Gnomey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 375
                     
Re: Federico Luzzi is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
"he was my best friend, we lived together for the last 5 years. We trained together. He was a unique person, his death destroyed me: he didn't even have the time to fight. Yesterday morning I was having breakfast with him, now we all suffer"
That's what makes this extra sad. No warning...Wasn't even given the chance to say his last goodbyes.
Gnomey is offline  
post #148 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,116
                     
Re: Federico Luzzi is dead

That´s very sad
Boarder35m is offline  
post #149 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Registered User
 
maldini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Basel
Age: 28
Posts: 7,760
                     
Re: Federico Luzzi is dead

Very very sad

RIP Federico

TT:
Titles: 2011: Recife CH, Johannesburg CH, Mons CH, Geneva CH; 2010: Aachen CH, 2009: St. Remy CH, 2008 US Open
PAW:
Titles: Paris-Bercy 2013, Gstaad 2012, Zagreb 2011, Casablanca 2010, Basel 2008, Vienna 2007
2008 Olympic Bronze Medalist

Roger Federer Pete Sampras Tim Henman
maldini is offline  
post #150 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Registered User
 
I♥PsY@Mus!c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 12,744
                     
Re: Federico Luzzi is dead

Life can be so cruel.It reminds me of my grandpa.Suddenly choked and died.

Really sad to hear this,RIP Federico

Stan The Paris Man

Cheer for: Wawrinka Murray Ljubicic Gonzalez Mahut Nishikori Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Monfils Muller Tsonga Berdych Acasuso O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome