Mens Tennis Forums banner

How to deal with moonballers

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  grakic 
#1 ·
Hey all, I played a tournament today was a runner up. I played this little guy and all he did was moonball ! Every shot ! :mad: I was playing well and hitting the corners but everything came back in the air no matter what ! :mad: I dont see why people play tournaments just to do that ? :confused:

Anyway What would be your advice to deal with this kind of player ? I want Revenge ! :devil:

Cheers Fenz. :)

#3 ·
take them out at the kneecaps is my best advice.

but on a serious note, you should take them out of their comfort zone. if he enjoys running and picking up your shots then dont give him the opportunity to, take that away from him by hitting a little more down the middle. mix it up with slice as well, it'll keep the ball low and you can also use it to bring him into the net and then pass him

#4 ·
I always hated these moonballer mugs. :eek:
I usually go to the net or do slices and drop shots to make game not so boring :)

#7 ·
hit down the middle and make him come to the net.

#9 ·
I play often with them and I often win them.I play a big spin game and I'm fastly changing sides.Don't go to net very often because they will lob you. :D
You can also play 2-3 hard spins,and then brake it with slice,but slice must go to the line.If it is close to the net,they will always give you a short one.
My way is for now working.I just play big spin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.