- View Single Post - The "Breaking More Records in 2008" Cheering Thread (Fall indoor!)
View Single Post
post #1071 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 06:27 AM
country flag tsurupettan
Re: The "Breaking More Records in 2008" Cheering Thread (Fall indoor!)

Poppin' in, but yeah, not surprising they lost. I would have honestly been a lot more shocked if the Bryans won, considering Nestor/Zimonjic have just been playing pretty fantastically the whole time there and the Bryans, not-exactly-so-much. I'm actually happy they even got as far as the finals, I thought they were gonna lose to Fyrstenberg/Matkowski in the SF (which might have happened if Matkowski's serving had been better).

It sucks with this loss they also ended up losing the YE no. 1 position (and that the GM!Doubles forum will probably have a ball with it. I don't get their hate -- is it founded on anything or is it just general asshattery?), but I'm not too sad as Nestor/Zimonjic deserved it. Though their speeches just made me when they both ended up mentioning Bob's injury and stuff. I hope Bob is able to rest up, get that shoulder taken care of, and Mike and him come back roaring in the 2009 season.

...Fool me three times, either I'm kind of stupid or you're really good at this.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome