Mens Tennis Forums banner

Colin Fleming

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  JustJames 
#1 ·
Colin Fleming now has a new official website: http://www.freewebs.com/colinflemingonline

Some information on Colin Fleming: He's the current world no 392, in singles he raised his ranking by over 800 places in 2005, more than any other British player. He's one of Britain's best upcoming prospects and was selected for the Davis Cup squad in April. He's also one of Britain's best prospects in doubles, his regular partner is Andy Murray's brother Jamie and they've received a wildcard into Wimbledon next week. In 2005, Colin and Jamie raised their doubles rankings by over 1000 places winning several tournaments and in 2006 both of them moved into the top 200 by reaching the Wrexham Challenger final. They aim to break the world's top 100 by the end of 2006 and qualify for the US Open.

Feedback on the site is most welcome, any views, suggestions etc will all be much appreciated.

Also, Team Fleming and I are looking for an extra person to be part of the content team for the website. If you're interested, please email us: colinflemingonline@fastmail.fm

#5 ·
Unfortunately he lost in R1 of qualies at Ilkley but had an encouraging LTA Summer Cup in doubles and I hope he continues on the comeback trail.

What was the tournament that he won Duncan?
Im not Duncan but.. It was the 'West Highland tennis tournament'. Here are his results from that tournie:

R32: Colin Fleming (1.1) def. BYE
R16: Colin Fleming def Andrew McMenamin (6.2) 6-0 6-2
QF: Colin Fleming def. Scott Nicholls (4.1) 6-2 6-4
SF: Colin Fleming def. Andrew Hill (3.2) 6-4 6-3
F: Colin Fleming def. Alan Macdonald* 3-6 6-3 6-2

I saw this set of results before he lost at Ilkley and hadn't therefore expected much from him; these results aren't exactly emphatic considering the ability of the opposition.

On the other hand he may just be very rusty and not had much chance to gain match practise before hitting the pro circuit again. Regardless of the reasons though, good luck to Colin :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.