Mens Tennis Forums banner

*******Hard Court Season Pictures*******

16K views 149 replies 31 participants last post by  SUKTUEN 
#1 ·
Time to put the disappointment of Wimbledon behind us, and focus on this years Hard court season. I am particularly looking forward to the Olympic Pics :bounce:

Allez Roger! :devil:

#113 · (Edited)
July, 29th
practice pics before the match

Thanks to indybeck71 on rogerfederer.com

So Jose's with Roger before the match :lol:

And these two pics're interesting.

Notice Rafa and Lopez were practicing on the adjacent court? :devil: :lol:

Here's the report from indybeck71 and zalik22 on rogerfederer.com
http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/fanzone/forum/topicview.cfm?uNC=45852145&uPage=46&uTopicID=23529

Quote:

We find out that Nadal is practicing at an adjacent court at 11-1 (you can see Rafa aka HGH in the background in some of the pictures), while Roger is practicing from 11:30. Roger shows up on time with Bolelli and they go through the routine. Groundstrokes for 10 minutes, volleys for 10 minutes, some overheads, and more groundstokes. A little more serving and volleying and he sits down, looks at the crowd while drinking his water. He talks to Bolelli and then packs up his stuff and looks to the crowd. He gives a smile and a big wave and takes off. Not a single autograph...

I have seen him practice about 8 times and I thought this was his sharpest practice. He seemed kind of irked that Nadal was practicing next to him.:lol: There were more fans watching Nadal than Federer which may have bothered him. To Roger's defense, there were bleachers near Nadal's court so it's more comfortable. Also, it was Nadal's first practice where Roger has practiced a few times...

#125 · (Edited)
Some photos from Wednesday's practice session

Thanks to indybeck71 on rogerfederer.com

And the report from zalik22 on rogerfederer.com
http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/fanzone/forum/topicview.cfm?uNC=29309994&uPage=59&uTopicID=23529

Quote:

... Roger comes in with a few security guards and his hitting partner is a junior player (I believe). Same routine...Roger warms up the groundstrokes, volleys, then overheads, some lobs, then serves...then some match play with the junior. They keep score but I am completely lost who actually "won." Around midway through the practice, Rafa shows up on the next court. The crowd cheers a lot for him so when Roger makes a good shot, the Roger fans cheer even louder!:lol: We have to show Roger that we support him and have to outshine the Rafa fans! He kills a forehand during a rally as Uncle Tony walks by and Uncle Tony just shakes his head. Even Rafa's uncle is amazed by our Roger's shot-making abilities! During matchplay, they players drink some water and Rafa looks at Roger and they acknowledge each other and say a few words (I am too far away so I am not sure what they said). After this, Rafa watches Roger hitting and Roger does the same! A ball during the practice bounces around and right into my lap! ... Jose only popped open 2 cans so there are only six balls. He looks for it and I call his name and toss it to him. He promises to give me the ball after the practice is over...

#128 ·
What a great pictures (LOTS of leg visible in some of them, WOW! :drool: :hearts:)... and what a lovely report. Nice of them to watch each others practice. Mutual respect - STILL. :worship:

#142 ·
From Thursday's practice

Thanks to Krist on rogerfederer.com

pics with Justin Gimelstob

Wow... nice thigh! :drool:

Thanks for posting. A picture to light up our days till the Olympics and to send me off to Fangirl Droolage State.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.