Mens Tennis Forums banner

Week 43: Nottingham (champion: Alexander Waske, GER)

30K views 476 replies 60 participants last post by  Horatio Caine 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Fact sheet attached.

Attachments

Reactions: Fee
#228 ·
Re: Week 43: Nottingham (live coverage on MTF !!!)

It was me :wavey:

Steven kept referring to me as Bladetiger but on here I am registered as Sheffsteel, so it is me that has had to pay for 50 odd text messages but well worth it to see that people have enjoyed the coverage.

If anyone appreciates the coverage enough to give me a good rep then I'd be grateful, I hope I may be able to go on thursday and if so will give you another report.

Thanks Steven for doing all the updates, dont think you got a single one wrong the only one I think I sent thru wrong was Boggo's 3rd set tb, which should have had Boggo 4-3 down with a mb, then breaking back for 4-4, 5-4 down on serve got back to 5-5 then double faulted to give Lacko match point which he took.

Shocking defeat for Boggo :eek: , it was his crosscourt backhand which let him down in the main, normally a really strong shot for him, today he seemed to pull it wide time and time again and really lost to a player that's not even in his league.

Big Up to Jonny Marray who was really nice to my boy :bigclap: , as was Alexander Waske who gave him a signed photo of himself.

You can tell he must have a 'good' opinion of himself I just wish one of our players was confident enough to carry signed photos of himself around :cool: !!

Alan Mackin was awesome and totally destroyed Vico, Stoppini was mad :banghead: , just like he always is, shouting, screaming, laughing - the lot.

Josh did well in a tough game, I expect Josh to beat Lacko 2morrow.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the coverage, will try and do something thursday if I can, and if Steven and / or someone else is willing to waste a whole day updating it!! :lol:

#237 ·

It was me :wavey:

Steven kept referring to me as Bladetiger but on here I am registered as Sheffsteel, so it is me that has had to pay for 50 odd text messages but well worth it to see that people have enjoyed the coverage.

If anyone appreciates the coverage enough to give me a good rep then I'd be grateful, I hope I may be able to go on thursday and if so will give you another report.

Thanks Steven for doing all the updates, dont think you got a single one wrong the only one I think I sent thru wrong was Boggo's 3rd set tb, which should have had Boggo 4-3 down with a mb, then breaking back for 4-4, 5-4 down on serve got back to 5-5 then double faulted to give Lacko match point which he took.

Shocking defeat for Boggo :eek: , it was his crosscourt backhand which let him down in the main, normally a really strong shot for him, today he seemed to pull it wide time and time again and really lost to a player that's not even in his league.

Big Up to Jonny Marray who was really nice to my boy :bigclap: , as was Alexander Waske who gave him a signed photo of himself.

You can tell he must have a 'good' opinion of himself I just wish one of our players was confident enough to carry signed photos of himself around :cool: !!

Alan Mackin was awesome and totally destroyed Vico, Stoppini was mad :banghead: , just like he always is, shouting, screaming, laughing - the lot.

Josh did well in a tough game, I expect Josh to beat Lacko 2morrow.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the coverage, will try and do something thursday if I can, and if Steven and / or someone else is willing to waste a whole day updating it!! :lol:
Many thanks :hatoff: Have been too busy today to really keep track of the scores, but it is much appreciated. I am always happy to see people are putting more love and attention into Challenger level tennis, seeing as it is often overshadowed by the ATP Tour.

#234 ·

Does Richard still play today?
No, Bloomers won yesterday, he was very suprised that having got to the final last week and being knackered that they should choose him to be 1 of 2 games that was played yesterday :eek: , anyway he got a rest today, and had a hit with Boggo, but mainly chilled out, and plays Mertl tomorrow (wednesday)

#236 ·

No way you could find it, I had a changed nickname for that time:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=87899&highlight=somalian+refugee

In case you feel veeeeery bored :p I worked also in Szczecin challenger but had a "challenger studio" in my chat thread. I am contracted for Wrocław next year as well so what I need is to deal with the studies :D

#239 ·

Wednesday OOP

Centre Court:
Matches start at 10:30 AM

Konstantinos Economidis [GRE] vs. Pavel Snobel [CZE]
Nicolas Tourte [FRA] vs. Kenneth Carlsen [DEN]

Not before 13:30 PM
Alan Mackin [GBR] vs. Jan Vacek [CZE]
Cervenak & Lacko [SVK] vs. Prpic & Tourte [SWE/FRA]

Court 2

Kristian Pless [DEN] vs. Pavol Cervenak [SVK]
Joshua Goodall [GBR] vs. Lukas Lacko [SVK]

Jan Mertl [CZE] vs. Richard Bloomfield [GBR]
Goodall & Hutchins [GBR] vs. Cipolla & Economidis [ITA/GRE]

Court 4

Filip Prpic [SWE] vs. Alexander Waske [GER]
Stéphane Robert [FRA] vs. Yen-Hsun Lu [TPE]

Delgado & Murray [GBR] vs. Stoppini & Vagnozzi [ITA]
Masik & Snobel [CZE] vs. Motti & Vico [ITA]

#240 ·

I must say, I am not really getting the way the organization is scheduling these matches. Cervenak & Lacko vs. Prpic & Tourte on centre court (as well as the first two singles matches not containing any Brits), whereas the top British doubles teams are on the smaller courts, as well as Goodall and Bloomfield.

Does anyone know why this is?

#244 ·

Nah Cantre Court is just the same as the other courts...not sure why they refer to it like that. There's 6 indoor courts, all separated by mesh netting.
Ah, that explains it ;) Do you have a picture of the set-up there, because I have never heard of something like this :lol:

#250 ·
Re: Week 43: Nottingham

Any new scores? Carlsen?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.