MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Sore hip
Thread: Sore hip
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
country flag StevoTG

Re: Sore hip

Yeah I went to the doc who sent me for an x-ray but said that it was probably just muscular and that 4-6 weeks rest should do, the x-ray came back clear. I presume that the ligaments in the hip were strained. I basically missed a little under 2 months.
It's 8 days since I first returned and it does hurt a bit after I practice, but it hurts less every time - today I played and it didn't hurt at all afterwards but then I had to cut the hedge around my garden and after that I was a bit sore.
It has felt great to be back but I've been a bit anxious about about over-working the hip, however I'm very hopeful that I'm out of the woods now (there are 2 tests left - a tough workout/match on the court and a tae-bo workout (which I took up to improve my footwork/fitness). I'm due to play my first match since returning either this Sunday or early next week

While I'll never be able to understand the birth-giving issues, I was told last year to expect back-problems throughout my life.... so we're even then I hope you are going to impart your tennis prowess on the children

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome