Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Fashion Thread: 911 ---- Calling all the fashion polices!!!!

4K views 29 replies 6 participants last post by  Ome 
#1 · (Edited)
The year 2005 was the golden year for Paulo and his fashion sense :smoke: It was that "unique" black sparkling shirt which gave us hope that, after a three-long-year on tour, he might have some style here :D

This thread is where we discuss his on and off court outfits. Be kind. He's just a guy who's learning how to dress in order to please his fans :awww: :haha:

#2 ·
Re: The Fashion Thread: How much does Paulo really carry around in his suitcase?

I'll kick off with all of his on court pictures from the years 2000...

#7 ·
Re: The Fashion Thread: How much does Paulo really carry around in his suitcase?

Paulo's worn orange before?? (2006 pictures) :tape: NOT a good look IMO :rolls:
Paulo should wear RED more often (2004 red) :hearts:
That orange was the WORST outfit I've EVER seen from Adidas! :haha:

#6 ·

I'll get to the off court pictures later.

As for the on court pics, :devil:... my favorites are;

The ultimate WHITE shirt, of course :worship: He played unbelievably well with it, including a title in Gstaas as well as an amazing come back against Canas :yeah:

I like this one and the results that came with it :lol: Just legendary! :rocker2: I haven't seen anyone else wore :worship:

This Men In Black style he wore in Marseille was just too hot :smoke: Black shirt, black shorts, black wristbands, black socks and black shoes... even the black racquet frame :haha:

G
#8 ·

2005 and 2006 were pretty disasterous :tape: Paulo's look has improved a LOT since then :lol: The 2 blue colored Shirt from 2005 is HIDEOUS also, 2nd worst except for that ORange thing :rolls:

I actaully thought the black 2005 sparkle shirt was so strange when I first saw it but now it's my favorite :lol: I'm not sure his shorts really match that look well :p

#9 ·

Ohhh, I like the yellow one from 2006 too. You know how hard it is to pull off such a bright shirt! :lol: And the blue one from the same year wasn't so bad :lol:

:secret: I bought a lot of his outfits :haha: The first one I bought was the 3rd pic of 2002. I didn't even like him that much then. I just thought, this guy was cool... I needed a piece of him :haha: :eek: :lol:

G
#10 ·

My favorites are 1. The Sparkly black of 2005, 2. Roland Garros yellow (the EPIC Nadal match) and 3. That red shirt from 2004 :lol:
He wears lots of whites lately :p

#12 ·

My favorites are 1. The Sparkly black of 2005, 2. Roland Garros yellow (the EPIC Nadal match) and 3. That red shirt from 2004 :lol:
He wears lots of whites lately :p
Yep, too many white in 2007 :yawn: But white is quite a safe move, fashion-wise :lol:

#11 ·

A pic from tennistory.com:

Is this the same starkly black?? :eek: I've always thought that there were two :lol:

#14 ·

BUSTED! :p
Favorite jackets of 2007 :lol:

Probably the only jacket has in his suitcase toward the end of 2007 :p The gray jacket itself wasn't so bad... but wearing it repetitively was not the best idea. And the 3rd one was just too much :lol:

#15 ·

:inlove: I love that turtleneck sweater.

I find it cute when a guy doesn't know how to dress himself :eek: :lol:. They need our advice ;)

#16 ·

Me too :hearts: I've always loved a turtleneck sweater, but I can't wear it... It makes me look REALLY fat! :lol:

I'd love to play dress up with Paulo :devil: :rolls:

G
#18 ·

I actually like that jacket but it just proves how light he travels :lol:
And as we can see in the 2nd picture with the jacket, THE infamous jeans make their first appearance :haha:
I like the fourth outfit quite a lot and I definately like the scarf from his third outfit (admist the chaos he's wearing :lol: )

#19 ·

I would have started a new thread for this hair style if I could :lol:

Originally posted by Truc :worship: here:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7034638&postcount=1501
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7034641&postcount=1502

OK, some justice for Paulo. It didn't look that bad in these pictures :lol: But seeing on him TV yesterday was a different story! I was like, "Huh????!!!!! :speakles:" then ":rolls:" Funny though, I think Marat is having a very similar haircut right now. A bit longer. Probably went to the same place for haircut during the tourney. Paulo obviously went in as the first victim :haha:

It'll grow back in time for RG as well as his timing and rhythm on the court :p But man, this hair is going on my scrapbook for sure! Give me one of those military hair styles feeling :spit: Thank God he's hot enough to pull it off.

#20 ·

A fashion thread?! I can't believe I never noticed this before! I'm obsessed with this topic (well I almost studied fashion at Uni so that's my excuse). :p

I'm glad that hair got put here but hair will grow back- that shirt he wore in his singles match is more of a concern to me. I don't think that shirt is going to fit anytime soon! :lol:

I miss what I call the strawberry and cream shirt (named since I associate it with grass winning), that shirt had some great victories!

This thread is quite theraputic, in future I might blame Paulo's losses on poor choice of shirt. ;)

#21 ·

I really don't like that shirt :p Maybe he'll grow bigger and the shirt will shrink a few sizes :lol:

And I never thought I would complain, but I think the unzipping was a wee bit too much :p I could see every muscles on his chest when he played Kiefer. I don't need that much distraction. I'm also a fan of tennis :haha:

Strawberry and cream shirt... sounds delicious :drool: We should name his shirts!!!!!!

Yep, it is quite therapeutic. I remember late 2006 where he barely won a match, you can see why by looking at his outfit :rolls:

G
#22 ·

:lol: at the naming the shirts idea. That could get pretty brutal with the many bad choices he's made :rolls:

If the shirt wasnt 834948 times oversized, then the unzipping wouldn't have been too much :haha: Just proves how light he travels, he ran outta good outfits ;)

#23 ·

We should think of something silly and sweet :p

Quite a few people wore that white shirt... Adidas probably ran out of his usual size :lol:

#24 ·

Random bump :p

This "outfit" (or lack of it :lol:) is the favorite to win Best Fashion Award of 2008 :D

#25 ·

Random bump :p

This "outfit" (or lack of it :lol:) is the favorite to win Best Fashion Award of 2008 :D

How right you are *g*
But, who knows, perhaps he will wear it at Wimbledon...Then he will be the champ because his opponents are so jealous of his body :p (Ok, there are some exceptions *g*)

#26 ·

One of the saddest outfits in the history of Paulokind :eek:

I never thought there would be a day that any outfit could compete with this one:

But this yellow shirt!!! :spit:

Attachments

#27 ·
Another random bump from me :p

This HAT/CAP should be featured here for one simple reason: It's the most hilarious hat we've seen in years!!! :lol: This is not Paulo's fault, though. He has no choice!

This is also NOT his fault, but Fish-sockless style shows the tan line :rolls:
(Maybe Fish has his reason for wearing the socks that low :scratch: It prevents him from having a tan line like Paulo does! :eek:)

(I do notice this little thing. Yep, I'm an obsessive person :eek: )

#29 · (Edited)
I have nothing better to do :lol:

It's weird that he bought these shirts, the same exact design but in different colors! (I thought only girls did that!) The black and the green here. And I also remember the blue one from photoshoot last year :p Zadig & Voltaire must be happy to know :p About 80 euros a piece there :lol:

Such a weird habbit :crazy: :rolls:

#30 ·
OMG :eek:

I now remember ANOTHER Zadig & Voltaire famous shirt!!!!!! :rolls: :haha: He definitely has an issue :spit:

What an interesting guy! :bowdown: (I bet he has more up his sleeve :lol:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.