Krišjānis Stabiņš
DOB: 28 June 1989

Richards Emuliņš
DOB: 13 May 1987
Unranked

Ņikita Švačko
DOB: 11 December 1984
Unranked​

Svacko hasn't played in DC for Latvia since 2003, but since he seemed to be hanging around Ernests often I'll include him anyway :p

Latvian ATP players in the news

Deniss Pavlovs is the second seed in the Bosnia Herzegovina F2 in Sarajevo. He will face either Aleksander Slovic or Juan-Miguel Such-Perez in the second round of singles. He is also partnering Goran Tosic in the doubles. They are seeded third and defeated Robert Belak/Luka Belic in the first round.

Karlis Lejnieks is the third seed in the Heraklio F2 in Greece. The tournament is played on artificial grass. He defeated Germany's Soren Goritzka in the first round, and will face Paris Gemouchidis next.

See less See more
#174 ·
What a way to celebrate the milestone :scared: :lol:

#175 · (Edited)
Yesterday, two Latvians faced each other in Oberstaufen Qualifying event in the very 1st round. Not nice for them.:sad:

Ricards Opmanis(Latvia) beat Janis Mellups(Latvia) 6-3 6-2 Two new names to me, its exciting that more Latvian players are competing.

Ricards now faces Top Seed Marek Semjan of Slovakia in 2nd Qualifying Round. Lai tev veicas Ricards:rocker2:

EDIT: I just looked Ricards up on ITF Circuit website and he's listed as being coached by Niki Pilic. He's 18.

Janis is another Latvian born in 1988,he turned 20 in April this year.

#176 ·
Oberstaufen Challenger 2nd Qualifying Round Result:

Marek Semjan(1)(Slovakia)beat Ricards Opmanis(Latvia) 6-1 6-2

Andis Juska is a direct entry into singles Main Draw in Oberstaufen. Tomorrow he plays No 2 Seed Juan Pablo Brzezicki of Argentina.

Andis is also in the Doubles draw. He is partnering Gabriel Trujillo-Soler of Spain,and they are seeded 2.

Deniss Pavlovs is in Tbilisi for Georgia F1. There he is seeded 5, and faces Russian Andemir Karanashev in the 1st round.

Lai veicas:rocker2:

#177 ·
Germany F11 Futures 1st Round

(4)Jiri Skoloudik(Czech Rep)beat Krisjanis Stabins(Latvia)6-3 6-2. Well done to Krisjanis all the same,he fought his way through qualifying:dance:

Georgia F1

Deniss Pavlovs(Latvia)leads Andemir Karanashev 4-6 6-4 4-1 30-15 play suspended. So Deniss should finish the job tomorrow:)

Oberstaufen Challenger Round 1 result

(2)Juan Pablo Brzezicki(Argentina)beat Andis Juska(Latvia) 6-3 6-4

#178 ·
awww it is so quiet here :awww:

this week results, Georgia F2 Futures 2008:

singles:
R1 Deniss PAVLOVS (LAT) (3) defeated Victor KOZIN (RUS) 6-1 6-1
R2 Deniss PAVLOVS (LAT) (3) defeated Vaja UZAKOV (UZB) 7-5 6-2
QF Deniss PAVLOVS (LAT) (3) defeated Siarhei BETAU (BLR) (8) 6-4 6-2

doubles:
R1 MARRAI (ITA) / PAVLOVS (LAT) (3) defeated BUCHUKURI (GEO) / FEROYAN (RUS) 6-1 6-1
QF MARRAI (ITA) / PAVLOVS (LAT) (3) defeated BRIL (RUS) / GEVORGYAN (ARM) 6-1 6-3
SF MARRAI (ITA) / PAVLOVS (LAT) (3) defeated FILENKOV (RUS) / SAVIC (SRB) (2) 6-3 6-0

singles SF and doubles F to be played tomorrow :rocker2: good luck ;)

#179 ·
Thanks for the updates Nadia:hug: I've had problems at home, so wasn't able to keep up with things:tears:

Sarauj Deniss:rocker2:

#183 ·
Its a pity that Deniss is the only Latvian left in at the last 8 stage in the singles. He's under big pressure now,lets hope he can go through to the title:) Lai vinam veicas:rocker2:

#184 ·
Not sure if anyone cares, but I thought it was nice. There's a Latvian girl moving up the rankings! Anastasija Sevastova, she's 18 and has been winning some challengers this year. Good luck to her. :dance:

#187 · (Edited)
Well,theres a very good Latvian WTA player called Liga Dekmeijere who excels in doubles,so Hopman Cup for Latvia isn't out of the question...I hope she and Ernests can play in Perth one day. I've been lucky enough to visit the venue(Burswood Dome - part of Burswood Resort),its gorgeous:hearts:

Deniss is through to semi-finals of Latvia Futures,he'll play Marcin Gawron of Poland(seeded 3) for a place in the singles final.

He's playing doubles with Pjotrs Necajevs of Latvia, they removed No 1 seeds in 1st round:banana: They're through to the final:worship: They'll face Poles Gawron and Andriej Kapas. Sarauj Deniss:rocker2:

#189 ·
Liga is 25,so she has experience of tennis and life:p Do you really think she's too old at 25? Erica, thats really scary:lol: Experience,youth, and the beauty of both of them on one side of the net - a perfect combination:p Go Liga and Erno, you can grace the Hopman Cup with my blessing:rocker2::p

#191 · (Edited)
#192 ·
Deniss is 2 seed in Belarus F3 futures this week

1R Deniss PAVLOVS (LAT) (2) defeated Roman TUDOREANU (MDA) 6-4 6-4
2R Deniss PAVLOVS (LAT) (2) defeated Pavel FILIN (BLR) 6-3 6-7(4) 7-6(1) (it took Deniss almost 3 and a half hour to win that match against a local wild-carder :tape:
QF against Stepan KHOTULEV

He is also playing doubles with Vladyslav Klymenko of Ukraine :)

#194 ·
1R Deniss PAVLOVS (LAT) (2) defeated Roman TUDOREANU (MDA) 6-4 6-4
2R Deniss PAVLOVS (LAT) (2) defeated Pavel FILIN (BLR) 6-3 6-7(4) 7-6(1) (it took Deniss almost 3 and a half hour to win that match against a local wild-carder :tape:
QF against Stepan KHOTULEV
:tape:

Get it done, Mr Jeans! :rocker2: and thanks Alien :D very nice photos!

#196 ·
QF Deniss PAVLOVS (LAT) (2) defeated Stepan KHOTULEV (RUS) 6-0 6-1
SF lost to ZHYRMONT, Dzmitry (BLR) 0-6 6-1 6-2 :tape: :rolleyes:

Deniss also lost doubles final partnering Vladyslav Klymenko from Ukraine to Belarussian team BETAU (BLR) / ZHYRMONT (BLR) 6-3 5-7 10-6 :sad:

pics from tenniscenter.by:

#197 ·
What a pity Deniss had such a bad day:awww:

Thanks for posting the pics Nadia:hug: I like them a lot:yeah:

#200 ·
Deniss' doubles partner is rather cute :eek:

Good luck Andis!

#208 ·
I volunteer to be on the panel of judges :devil:

#213 ·
Yes :drool: he's almost as hot as you are :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.