New game I'm running next week similar too PAW
PAWB (Pick-A-Winner) Betting Game
Welcome to Pick-A-Winner (PAWB), the Betting game!
Playing is simple: over the course of the tournament choose any 16 matches in the Main Draw and post who you think will win them. The scoring odds besides each fixture are the opening lines from Pinnacle Sportsbook are the points you score if the corresponding player wins. Each pick/bet will be a flat 1 unit with only single bets allowed.Whoever has the highest Profit at the end of the week is the winner.
If this is the first time you’re playing or you’re not familiar with the rules of the game they are exactly the same as the PAW game except instead of scoring points we will use odds and each losing pick/bet will lose 1 unit of your total score.
In order to play in this tournament you should leave a commitment confirming participation in this thread. If I get 10 people to participate the comp will go ahead. The Deadline to commit is before the first ball is struck on day 1.
Other things to note
- Picks should be posted before a match begins. I believe we are a mature honest bunch so I will leave as an honour system and will not be double checking as to whether people have posted picks before a match starts . If you believe somebody has posted a pick after a match has started please PM me and I’ll look into it.
- If a match is not completed then a replacement pick will be required.
- If you only make 6 selections over the tourney the other 10 will be deemed as losers and 10 units will be deducted from your total.
Please note the following instructions, in order to make the manager's task easier:
* Please post your picks in the following format:
- PAW# Player A (winner) over/def Player B (loser)
- # number of pick in ascending order (1 to 16)
- * Please use the official last names of players, not nicknames.
- A valid pick must include the names of both players (winner first) and the word “over” or “def” .
* Before posting picks, check that the matches haven't started yet.
Use the Order of Play and Live Scoreboard.
A pick that is posted after a match started is invalid and may be replaced.
* In case a match doesn't take place due to withdrawal or change of the draw, the pick is invalid and may be replaced. If a player retires or is defaulted after the match has started (even if just one point was played), the pick is valid.
* If you want to amend a previous pick (cancel or change), quote the original post and add a new message to this thread.
Don't edit a post and never delete it!
A moderator will scan this thread every day to track on deleted/edited posts. If you caught cheating, you will be automatically disqualified from this tournament. In certain case, you might be banned from playing temporarily or permanently. Please play fairly, everybody!
Remember, the Scoring Points beside each fixture represent the points you score if the corresponding player wins.
Don't forget, you're limited to 16 picks throughout the whole tournament.
Note: Tie break rules
In case several players have the same number of points, the following rules will be used to determine their ranking:
1. The greater number of correct picks. If there is still a tie then:
2. The greater profits of a single pick. If there is still a tie then the greater second-best pick, and so on. 3. If there is still a tie then players will stay tied.
Anybody welcome to join click here to commit and submit picks