Deb, Nat, and Brian's Thread of Grammar Shame. - Page 28 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #406 of 514 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 07:35 PM
(:
 
Tytta!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mayerland (:
Age: 28
Posts: 29,525
                     
Re: Deb, Nat, and Brian's Thread of Grammar Shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
I couldn't care less what you make fun of me for, but not in our thread, you can't.
*Tons of claps*

Tytta!. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #407 of 514 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 07:47 PM
psychotic banana
 
J. Corwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: jack in the box
Posts: 15,731
                     
Re: Deb, Nat, and Brian's Thread of Grammar Shame.

Dus this masage make u wan two eEmplod athEENA!?

Like father, like son

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline  
post #408 of 514 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 08:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Phunkadelicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 33
Posts: 14,727
                     
Re: Deb, Nat, and Brian's Thread of Grammar Shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkman
Can we make fun of you for tracking grammatical mistakes ?
It's everyone favorite moron!!!
Phunkadelicious is offline  
post #409 of 514 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Registered User
 
PinkFeatherBoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wherever I lay my hat...
Posts: 6,304
                     
Re: Deb, Nat, and Brian's Thread of Grammar Shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheneglaukopis
What? But...grammar doesn't have to be absolutely perfect?...Wait ...Huh?...Wow...Really? ...But...Error! Does not compute. Error! Does not compute. Error! Does not compute.

This bot will self-destruct in five seconds.

Do bots have ghosts?
Why do you keep calling yourself a bot?! The only bot around here is Rusty [] and quite frankly you addressing yourself as a bot only serves as further confusion to me. So, please stop caling yourself a bot, thanks.

and take a chill pill - seriously, some of your stuff in this thread is WAY OVERBOARD for a thread that was likely started with light-hearted intent.

If you don't have any chill pills to hand, I would gladly give you a good dose of tranquilizers.

Q. You must have so many different emotions going through your head. Was it like a rollercoaster for you?
STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Yeah, yeah, it's quite crazy..I never expect to win a Grand Slam.
I never dream about that because for me, I was not good enough to beat those guy.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline  
post #410 of 514 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 10:45 PM
(:
 
Tytta!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mayerland (:
Age: 28
Posts: 29,525
                     
Re: Deb, Nat, and Brian's Thread of Grammar Shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFeatherBoa
Why do you keep calling yourself a bot?! The only bot around here is Rusty [] and quite frankly you addressing yourself as a bot only serves as further confusion to me. So, please stop caling yourself a bot, thanks.

and take a chill pill - seriously, some of your stuff in this thread is WAY OVERBOARD for a thread that was likely started with light-hearted intent.

If you don't have any chill pills to hand, I would gladly give you a good dose of tranquilizers.
Tytta!. is offline  
post #411 of 514 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Registered User
 
atheneglaukopis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,238
                     
Re: Deb, Nat, and Brian's Thread of Grammar Shame.

All right, for anyone who missed the intent of my last post, the hyperbole was intended as a graceful and (hopefully--but guess not) humorous way of ending my participation in this thread. I had actually figured out that this thread as half-serious, half-funny was not going to catch on, and since a half-serious, half-funny language thread in another player's forum was recently created, I will transplant myself over there.

As to the references to myself as a bot, that is my teasing nickname in a number of player forums. So when someone in this thread independently asked if I were a bot and Brian and I started (re-)writing humorous songs around it, I thought it could be an inside joke nickname here as well. I'm sorry for any confusion I inadvertently created.

This shall be my final post here.

Fan of: Federer Safin Haas Nadal Santoro Agassi Tursunov's blog

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
atheneglaukopis is offline  
post #412 of 514 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Registered User
 
zoltan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 33
Posts: 21,272
                     
Re: Deb, Nat, and Brian's Thread of Grammar Shame.

I got another question

With "have" and "do"...

Which form is correct?
I don't have or I haven't

I saw both but as far as I remember ( ) my teachers told me to not use "do" with the verb "have" :scrach:

And what's the purpose to say :
I do remember instead of I remember... Are they both correct?

Hope I'm clear

The Return of the King of Vodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli_V View Post
Nicoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!, you rule
zoltan83 is offline  
post #413 of 514 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 11:59 PM
Registered User
 
PinkFeatherBoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wherever I lay my hat...
Posts: 6,304
                     
Re: Deb, Nat, and Brian's Thread of Grammar Shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheneglaukopis
All right, for anyone who missed the intent of my last post, the hyperbole was intended as a graceful and (hopefully--but guess not) humorous way of ending my participation in this thread. I had actually figured out that this thread as half-serious, half-funny was not going to catch on, and since a half-serious, half-funny language thread in another player's forum was recently created, I will transplant myself over there.

As to the references to myself as a bot, that is my teasing nickname in a number of player forums. So when someone in this thread independently asked if I were a bot and Brian and I started (re-)writing humorous songs around it, I thought it could be an inside joke nickname here as well. I'm sorry for any confusion I inadvertently created.

This shall be my final post here.

Hey, there's no need to leave. I'm a bitch, so don't mind my last post. I wasn't being serious; I enjoy your contributions to this thread. They make me laugh.

edit: Oh and to Deb, Brian and Nat , sorry for playing a part in stuffing up your cool thread. I will cease posting here from now on! Hope it gets back on track (:

Q. You must have so many different emotions going through your head. Was it like a rollercoaster for you?
STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Yeah, yeah, it's quite crazy..I never expect to win a Grand Slam.
I never dream about that because for me, I was not good enough to beat those guy.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++

Last edited by PinkFeatherBoa; 08-22-2006 at 12:11 AM.
PinkFeatherBoa is offline  
post #414 of 514 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Deb, Nat, and Brian's Thread of Grammar Shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan83
I got another question

With "have" and "do"...

Which form is correct?
I don't have or I haven't

I saw both but as far as I remember ( ) my teachers told me to not use "do" with the verb "have" :scrach:

And what's the purpose to say :
I do remember instead of I remember... Are they both correct?

Hope I'm clear
I think it depends but either can be correct. For example, if you say "I don't have time..." or "I haven't got the time...." I think they're both right. but I mean if you want to say "I don't know," saying "I haven't know" is obviously wrong, but saying "I have no clue" would be right.

Does that help at all?

And, aside from Nicolas's interesting questions, this thread is 100% non-serious, not half-serious. Just for future reference

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #415 of 514 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 12:10 AM
Registered User
 
zoltan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 33
Posts: 21,272
                     
Re: Deb, Nat, and Brian's Thread of Grammar Shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
I think it depends but either can be correct. For example, if you say "I don't have time..." or "I haven't got the time...." I think they're both right. but I mean if you want to say "I don't know," saying "I haven't know" is obviously wrong, but saying "I have no clue" would be right.

Does that help at all?

And, aside from Nicolas's interesting questions, this thread is 100% non-serious, not half-serious. Just for future reference
Thanks Deb And yes it helps... Now, I know that either are correct



The Return of the King of Vodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli_V View Post
Nicoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!, you rule
zoltan83 is offline  
post #416 of 514 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 12:13 AM
Scavenger Hunter
 
PennyThePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: swimming across the pacific ocean
Posts: 31,853
                     
Re: Deb, Nat, and Brian's Thread of Grammar Shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheneglaukopis
Do you know how many episodes Star Trek, especially Voyager, had on the rights of artificial life forms? The Doctor was incapable of talking about anything else, except what he wanted to name himself.

I vote that yes, I get to possess things. Furthermore, I think I have earned by now a possessive form (or non-possessive form, silly prescriptivist rules ) of my name in the thread title. What's taken you all so long? We artificial life forms get NO RESPECT, I tell you!

you're not a bot! you're a crazy bot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowa, on a theory proposed by Annie
the connection between his brain and his body has been restored!
PennyThePenguin is offline  
post #417 of 514 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:00 AM
Registered User
 
surfpinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 11,307
                     
Re: Deb, Nat, and Brian's Thread of Grammar Shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFeatherBoa
Hey, there's no need to leave. I'm a bitch, so don't mind my last post. I wasn't being serious; I enjoy your contributions to this thread. They make me laugh.

edit: Oh and to Deb, Brian and Nat , sorry for playing a part in stuffing up your cool thread. I will cease posting here from now on! Hope it gets back on track (:
but
but
but

I love you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtf
This forum requires that you wait 3 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.
"...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to..."
surfpinky is offline  
post #418 of 514 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 05:47 AM
Registered User
 
partygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hollywood, CA
Age: 34
Posts: 14,051
                     
Re: Deb, Nat, and Brian's Thread of Grammar Shame.

ewww, Today i used "I, myself" out in the real world.

what is the punishment?
partygirl is offline  
post #419 of 514 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 06:58 AM
psychotic banana
 
J. Corwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: jack in the box
Posts: 15,731
                     
Re: Deb, Nat, and Brian's Thread of Grammar Shame.

there's nothing wrong with that
(same thing with not capitalizing or using periods )

Like father, like son

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline  
post #420 of 514 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 07:45 AM
Registered User
 
partygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hollywood, CA
Age: 34
Posts: 14,051
                     
Re: Deb, Nat, and Brian's Thread of Grammar Shame.

are you sure?
-it sounds foolish-

like I as in me, immediately followed by myself meaning me also.

i don't think it counts as a double negative though
sure sounds stupid.
partygirl is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome