Originally Posted by seleshfan
Question #7 for Contestant #1
I hate my desk. It is so cluttered. I need to remove something, but what? Pretend that you and Contestant #2 are objects on my desk. What objects are each of you and why? And tell me why I should remove Contestant #2 and use you.
Well, there is nothing more annoying than a cluttered desk, especially when you are trying to work!
Nat is a post-it-note and these are really not necessary to have on your desk. While they are useful little items, they are better relegated the desk drawer. If you have them lying around on your desk, you can encounter a few different problems.
1) They can, on occasion, mistakenly stick to documents for which they were not intended (e. g. the really important phone number for your date later that night accidentally ends up stuck to the back of the report you just gave your boss.)
2) They lose their stickiness…and then really, what is the point of the post-it-note?
3) You can only use it once…then you have to throw it away.
Now I on the other hand….should have a prominent and accessible place on your desk. I am a stapler. Now I am personally very picky about my stapler.
1) I bring security and hold all the pieces of “life” together
2) I’m strong and durable…I can withstand the day to day annoyances, and am not easily bothered if you take out your frustrations on me
3) In a pinch…I can be used as a weapon and inflict pain on those that may try to harm you.
4) I’m here to stay. I can always be re-filled, and if you invest wisely in your stapler, I never need to be replaced.