But currently landed in Utah
too old to have the energy to put that many numbers down
1) When did you realize your love for him?
When he beat Sampras in Miami
and then went on to win on clay and offer to buy tickets for the people who stayed for his late late night match. Also I liked it that he had a North African coach. I was thinking things looked positive for an American player who could win on clay -- was I ever wrong!! But, it was too late by the time I realized my mistake.
2) Do you like him for his looks/game/both/neither?
I like him more because I think he is a good guy, and because he takes so much grief on this board. I've liked his game a lot more lately. His looks don't attract me although I think he is an attractive man, he's not particularly handsome or sexy to me.
3) Finish sentence: If I met Andy, I would not try to have a conversation with him, but would just say how much pleasure he has brought to me and good luck in the future.
4) Have you ever cried in happiness/sadness over a Roddick match?
5) Do you save photos of him from magazines?
6) Who is better? Mandy Moore or Lauren Whateverherlastnamewas?
uh.... Lauren didn't exactly hang around long enough for me to decided, so I have to say Moore because she never looked bored to tears at one of Andy's matches.
7) Would you still like Andy if he was correctly quoted for saying something degrading or ignorant?
I would be disappointed, but wouldn't stop liking him unless it became a total habit and I began to think I was wrong in my estimation of him.
8) Do you think any of Andy's friends/people relations suck (psst, first name starts with an M, last name ends with an h )
no Except as a tennis player, of course. He sucks big time there.
9) Most memorable Andy moment?
Gee... there are so many. the Younes match at AO. Winning the USO (but I didn't see that live) The match against Fish at Cincy. Wimbledon match 2004 against Federer. I'm probably forgetting some.
10) When were you most proud of Andy on the court?
When he was so gracious after Federer beat him at Wimbeldon 2004.
11) When were you most proud of Andy off the court?
Ummmmm... don't really know a lot about him off the court.
12) Finish sentence: It bothers me most when Andy loses to...
Any guy ranked below the top 20. grrrrrrrrrr And of course, Nalbandian.
13) Finish sentence: It's hard to choose who to root for when Andy plays...
any of my other similarly ranked favorites eg. Swedish guys, etc. Guga and Coria are ranked above Andy on my favorites list, and there are several who are ranked equally to Andy.
14) You want to see Andy play doubles/mixed doubles with whom?
ummmm... Jonas Bjorkman because he could learn so much from Jonas... but that ain't gonna happen.
15) Describe Andy in 10 words:
Funny, witty, gracious, nervous, agitated, determined, brave, young, untapped potential.
16) What bothers you most about him?
His failure to stick to a program of diet and fitness.
17) If you could ask Andy one question in private, what would it be?
Why is it that you won't commit yourself to program that would ensure maximum performance?
18)Would you considerer yourself, obsessed?
I ran out of steam on the above questions.
Describe yourself in three words?
disorganized, irritable, old.
in tennis -- Arthur Ashe. Outside tennis Martin Luther King. Martin Luther. Galileo, Copernicus, Aristotle, Beethoven, Hume, Donne, Queen Elizabeth I, really too many to name .. oh yeah... that Swedish guy who saved jews in Romania during WWII and Dag Hammerskjold. Hans Blitz.
Just too many favorites for me to name here.
(Other) Favorite male tennis player?
Gustavo "GUGA" Kuerten!! (this of active players)
Favorite female tennis players?
Martina Hingis -- even though she doesn't count because she isn't playing. I don't really have a favorite female tennis player right now even though I like several including Kim and Maria.
What's your idea of a good time?
To finish this questionaire!!! I'm gonna celebrate!!!
Otherwise, reading, hiking, driving, watching tennis, being outside in the wilderness, talking with friends, (those are the mentionable ones
Three things you can't live without?
umm. water, food, shelter
You get mad when people...
are really stupid or mean. Also it is extremely irritating when people are self promoting/self obessesed/boastful.
What do you love?
Desert, sun, friends, excellently prepared food, animals of all sorts, but cats and dogs and horses in particular. (not little dogs though.... but nah... i love them too) most varieties of music, history, geology, and probably some things I'm leaving out, but most of all I love the wonder and beauty and tragedy and complexity that is called living and being alive.