-he looked extremely heavy-footed & off-balanced.
He was negative & said he didn't have much talent.
Did he expect to win with no new tennis techniques?
He needs to suppress instant gratification
(practice instead of partying)
He needs to keep things simple & think like a teenager who wants to learn.
- He & Gilbert had NO idea about the high ball bounce, so Safin took advantage of his ignorance. McEnroe bragged that Andy would beat "Mental Midget."
Gilbert was already thinking about the semifinal.
- Played average against Mardy in a messy tiebreak
(Cheerleader PMac pretended it was freaking great)
- Served too hard, hurt his back & made a fool of himself. Nobody asked him to kiss everyone.
Scottsdale- Had no strength to play a long match, missed volleys 'cuz he couldn't move, but showed up to earn a few points. Gave Spadea a desperately-needed gift.
Davis Cup 04
- only cared about serving hard to please the crowd & pretended he was healthy & in good form. ESPN was busy showing the Bryans & forgot Andy's match.
(made Andy play at 9 p.m. 'cuz there was no roof to shield the stadium)
- Andy joked at the net & thought it was ok to lose to his hero Henman. Passively stood still while he had match point, carelessly kick served to Tim's forehand, pushed overhead over the baseline & collapsed.
- a tournament he should've forgotten long ago.
Then again, it takes years to wake up after 2 Mattresses squished him.
JUNE-JULY - I had amnesia here.
Did he choke & tank all the matches? That's good for his self-esteem!
He couldn't run & had a bad back because he served too fast & whined that he was annoyed about losing. No, Andy, you were annoying. You hit the ball really high & short in the court at Toronto. Congrats, you lost 7/8 matches to God.
Cincinnati- it was a pleasure to lose 'cuz he smiled after losing! He stood 4 feet back & pounded the ball out when he played Agassi. I guess he was so glad to admire his hero. Is there a rhyme or reason when Andy shows up.
- Andy clowned around with a wrestler.
Andy didn't think dragging on the Haas match was bad before he faced Gonzo!!! Did u think again before you celebrated & lost a 3-0 lead, Andy!!
Then, he got his eyes glued to Mardy's matches like a loyal friend with no desire to defend his U.S. Open title!!
His gave less than 70% effort
When u see him make a ridiculous fart joke in the middle of a serious match, it proves
he doesn't want to put his name in tennis history.
If u saw Hewitt & Fed, they had slow, flat serves, kept running & dipped the ball really low so they could hit quick winners.
Andy did none of these & it's worse that he is physically & emotionally on planet Mars. He can't win & gain respect from other players when he tells them he's falling apart. There's no hope without change.