The Harry Potter Fan Club *SPOILERS* - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #166 of 473 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
andyroxmysox12191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Jersayy (:
Posts: 7,735
                     
Re: The "5 days and counting" Potterlicious thread!

I hate English class Why am I still in school?! I deserve to be in college damnit

I think if my brother comes home again this weekend and we have time AND if the movie is still in IMAX at the casinos, we're gonna go see it again. But it'll be the third time for him so I don't know if he really wants to loll

andyroxmysox12191 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #167 of 473 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Scavenger Hunter
 
PennyThePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: swimming across the pacific ocean
Posts: 31,853
                     
Re: The "4 days!!!! and counting" Potterlicious thread!

i think i get the book a few hours before you guys do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowa, on a theory proposed by Annie
the connection between his brain and his body has been restored!
PennyThePenguin is offline  
post #168 of 473 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Registered User
 
acoffeygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: trying to find a place
Posts: 7,680
                     
Re: The "4 days!!!! and counting" Potterlicious thread!

I saw the movie last night. I really liked it....but I think I only read book 5 once, and that was when it was first released, so I wasn't as affected by stuff that was cut or details that were tweaked a little.

Nat....I want to see your list too!

"Work like you don't need the money, Sing like nobody's listening, Dance like nobody's watching, Love like you've never been hurt." - Mark Twain

Through this world I've stumbled, So many times betrayed
Trying to find an honest word to find, The truth enslaved
Oh you speak to me in riddles, And you speak to me in rhymes
My body aches to breathe your breath, Your words keep me alive
And I would be the one, To hold you down
Kiss you so hard, I'll take your breath away
And after, I'd wipe away the tears
Just close your eyes dear
acoffeygirl is offline  
post #169 of 473 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 08:13 PM
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
 
knight_ley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Narnia
Posts: 10,988
                     
Re: The "4 days!!!! and counting" Potterlicious thread!

Random comment of the day = I just got done addressing all the invites to my sister's baby shower and I had to triple check the one name. I'm not even kidding you. It was a married couple and the first names were GINNY & HARRY! I almost peed! I hope they come and resemble the characters in some way.

nadal | roddick | tsonga | verdasco | gasquet | kiefer
knight_ley is offline  
post #170 of 473 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 03:34 AM
Registered User
 
meenyminymo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Through the wormhole
Posts: 3,744
                     
Re: The "4 days!!!! and counting" Potterlicious thread!

No way!! That's awesome. Make them do spells and stuff.
meenyminymo is offline  
post #171 of 473 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 05:20 AM
Registered User
 
surfpinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 11,307
                     
Re: The "3 days!!!! and counting" Potterlicious thread!

this is a video called "what should have happened at the end of hbp"
it has stick violence and stick blood.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a1cLC4zpqI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtf
This forum requires that you wait 3 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.
"...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to..."
surfpinky is offline  
post #172 of 473 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,278
                     
Re: The "OMFG HARRY POTTER'S COMING OUT THIS SATURDAY" thread!

I CANNOT PUT INTO WORDS HOW EXCITED I AM ABOUT SATURDAY. I am seriously about to freak out.

My friends and I are doing something fun- we're each going to write down what we think will happen and then put it in a sealed envelope. When we've all read the book, we'll open the envelope and see if any of us were remotely right and will laugh at how wrong some of us were.

Ahhh I think I'll go and re-read the sixth book, J.K said that the seventh picks up from where the sixth left off so I don't want to be rusty
williaer is offline  
post #173 of 473 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Registered User
 
Natasc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,233
                     
Re: The "OMFG HARRY POTTER'S COMING OUT THIS SATURDAY" thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by williaer View Post
I CANNOT PUT INTO WORDS HOW EXCITED I AM ABOUT SATURDAY. I am seriously about to freak out.

My friends and I are doing something fun- we're each going to write down what we think will happen and then put it in a sealed envelope. When we've all read the book, we'll open the envelope and see if any of us were remotely right and will laugh at how wrong some of us were.

Ahhh I think I'll go and re-read the sixth book, J.K said that the seventh picks up from where the sixth left off so I don't want to be rusty
Me too!!
My friend bought one for give me, he's from England...but, once that England has a shit of a mail will take too long for come here so I will probably know the final before the book arrive here

So once that I couldn't take that...I made my reservation of the same book on a book story here
seriously...know the end before reading would sucks!!

for me I will get the book friday at 8pm (once that will mean 0am of July 21 on UK)
it may be like 100 bucks here, but I so not care!!
I'm dying to know the end!!

Btw...have you guys seen that seems that book is already on net?
I'm old school, so I rather know the end by reading the book itself than for the net.

Btw 2: you guys knows that JK was taking care of this new movie of HP (number 5) so..... the director said that she changed some scenes 'cause she already knew the end (duhh! of course, she's the freaking writer!) so I was really paying attention to movie...to any scene that wasn't supose to be there
and....close to the final Luna says (wheh she's looking for her missing stuffs): "My mother always said that when you lose something things always find a way to cameback for you, even if not in a proper way" (or something really close to this....the meaning is the same)

which got me thinking...."would that be a clue fro JK?"
I thought that because of that.....means that Sirius is actually not dead?
of course that maybe I'm just getting overexcited

RAFA NADAL
ANDY RODDICK
NOVAK DJOKOVIC
ROGER FEDERER
LLEYTON HEWITT
MARAT SAFIN


Good luck also to: BRYAN'S BROTHERS, James BLAKE, John ISNER, David NALBANDIAN, Thomas BERDYCH, Tommy HAAS, Richard GASQUET, Guillermo CAÑAS, Marcos BAGHDATIS, Carlos MOYÁ, Paul-Henri MATHIEU
Official Steel-Eyed Assassin of the Maria Mafia (we rock!!)
Official Commander Nat, 3rd Officer of the S.S Dementieva
Natasc is offline  
post #174 of 473 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Registered User
 
surfpinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 11,307
                     
Re: The "OMFG HARRY POTTER'S COMING OUT THIS SATURDAY" thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasc View Post
Me too!!
My friend bought one for give me, he's from England...but, once that England has a shit of a mail will take too long for come here so I will probably know the final before the book arrive here

So once that I couldn't take that...I made my reservation of the same book on a book story here
seriously...know the end before reading would sucks!!

for me I will get the book friday at 8pm (once that will mean 0am of July 21 on UK)
it may be like 100 bucks here, but I so not care!!
I'm dying to know the end!!

Btw...have you guys seen that seems that book is already on net?
I'm old school, so I rather know the end by reading the book itself than for the net.

Btw 2: you guys knows that JK was taking care of this new movie of HP (number 5) so..... the director said that she changed some scenes 'cause she already knew the end (duhh! of course, she's the freaking writer!) so I was really paying attention to movie...to any scene that wasn't supose to be there
and....close to the final Luna says (wheh she's looking for her missing stuffs): "My mother always said that when you lose something things always find a way to cameback for you, even if not in a proper way" (or something really close to this....the meaning is the same)

which got me thinking...."would that be a clue fro JK?"
I thought that because of that.....means that Sirius is actually not dead?
of course that maybe I'm just getting overexcited
well you see, about sirius not being dead, they kind of messed it up in the movie because bellatrix did the avada kedavra curse on him right before he went through the veil, while in the book she did another spell that just pushed him back.

and dumbledore said there's no spell to reawaken the dead ):.

but maybe it's dumbledore, even if j.k. said he was dead, maybe he'll come back as a rock or something |X or maybe he's in fawkes |X.

omg guys I am freaking excited. I blew off my friend to go shooting on saturday because I get the book on saturday |X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtf
This forum requires that you wait 3 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.
"...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to..."
surfpinky is offline  
post #175 of 473 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Registered User
 
Natasc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,233
                     
Re: The "OMFG HARRY POTTER'S COMING OUT THIS SATURDAY" thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfpinky View Post
well you see, about sirius not being dead, they kind of messed it up in the movie because bellatrix did the avada kedavra curse on him right before he went through the veil, while in the book she did another spell that just pushed him back.
I got the idea that Siruis (on the movie) somehow blocked the spell
'cause look at how Cedric died on movie 4 and then how Sirius reacted at the same spell
and what's up with that veil?!
looked like one of DOLBY DIGITAL stuff (like the ones we see before starts the movie...)

Quote:
and dumbledore said there's no spell to reawaken the dead ):.
true...yet what Luna said at the end seemed somehow JK kinda of stuff, don't you think?
I just got that feeling...

Quote:
but maybe it's dumbledore, even if j.k. said he was dead, maybe he'll come back as a rock or something |X or maybe he's in fawkes |X.
I still don't get whole Fawkes-Dumby connection
and... what's up with the pictures?
on the end of the 6th book Dumby goes to the a picture on the headmaster room
is not possible to just to him as he used to do with the others formers headmasters??

JK better come up with good endings for all those questions

Quote:
omg guys I am freaking excited. I blew off my friend to go shooting on saturday because I get the book on saturday |X.
Me too!!
I somehow have to find a way to pic the book at night!!
I'm pretty sure that my mum will want me to go on the morning of the other day (in this case on saturday morning)
at least tomorrow I will watch transformers so that may help to the time goes faster

RAFA NADAL
ANDY RODDICK
NOVAK DJOKOVIC
ROGER FEDERER
LLEYTON HEWITT
MARAT SAFIN


Good luck also to: BRYAN'S BROTHERS, James BLAKE, John ISNER, David NALBANDIAN, Thomas BERDYCH, Tommy HAAS, Richard GASQUET, Guillermo CAÑAS, Marcos BAGHDATIS, Carlos MOYÁ, Paul-Henri MATHIEU
Official Steel-Eyed Assassin of the Maria Mafia (we rock!!)
Official Commander Nat, 3rd Officer of the S.S Dementieva
Natasc is offline  
post #176 of 473 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
andyroxmysox12191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Jersayy (:
Posts: 7,735
                     
Re: The "OMFG HARRY POTTER'S COMING OUT THIS SATURDAY" thread!

I always did think that Luna's line in book 5 was pretty interesting. Who knows if it's really crucial to JK though

I thought the veil was actually....a veil

Guyssssss we're so close to Saturday!!! =D

andyroxmysox12191 is offline  
post #177 of 473 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
andyroxmysox12191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Jersayy (:
Posts: 7,735
                     
Re: The "OMFG HARRY POTTER'S COMING OUT THIS SATURDAY" thread!

Ok so I'm rereading the 6th book and how hormonal did JK make them in a year Granted, yes, they are 16 in the book but it's so strange lol. Just thought I'd comment on that

andyroxmysox12191 is offline  
post #178 of 473 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 04:37 AM
rainha (:
 
snaillyyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Taking care of Mar"t"y
Posts: 6,417
                     
Re: The "OMFG HARRY POTTER'S COMING OUT THIS SATURDAY" thread!

|: Just got home, and received an email that says "your book is about to be shipped" yep, I am so easily amused

Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being.
Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light



snaillyyy is offline  
post #179 of 473 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
andyroxmysox12191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Jersayy (:
Posts: 7,735
                     
Re: The "OMFG HARRY POTTER'S COMING OUT THIS SATURDAY" thread!

LMAO Carole, I was about to come in here and freak out about the same thing

andyroxmysox12191 is offline  
post #180 of 473 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Last dance, Andy
 
tangerine_dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York New Englander
Posts: 25,432
                     
Re: The "OMFG HARRY POTTER'S COMING OUT THIS SATURDAY" thread!

I don't read the Potter books, I prefer to just watch the movies. I'm going to go in search of spoiler pages to see who dies in the last book.

BTW, I don't believe for one second that this is truly the last Potter book. She'll take a break and then come back to write more.

"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."


Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome